E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #21
AndyFL

My Ride: '04 330Ci Vert
It's good to know they also have some satisfied customers. As far as I'm concerned, I won't ever do business with them.

Yes, I went with Khoalty for price. I guess you get what you pay for. But it's not like they send me "wrong bulbs" and I should had know better. The issue is they are selling D2C as if they were D2S, that's what my point is all about. Actually, their bulbs even have "D2S" printed on them. Obviously, they are deceptive and grossly doing bait and switch.
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:12 AM   #22
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
A much needed TLDR for the post below: If you bought our D2S bulbs, you received the same ones, and they work fine don't they, it's because the bulbs are fine. The bulbs are a direct replacement. The bulbs are 100% undeniably unarguably completely acceptable to put into a E46 factory xenons. We are not liable for improperly installed products, as is the case here.

--

I'm sorry about your situation, I really am, but you make us sound like we are in business to do this to people, it's not true. If it were, we wouldn't be here, we wouldn't have been around this long, and we wouldn't bother sponsoring this forum in particular for as long as we have. If it were up to me, the bulbs would have been installed smooth, there would've been nothing broken, you would've hopefully submit a review with a front end picture (my personal favorite), and we would have heard from you in a few months or a year or whenever you wanted some other stuff. That's the kind of business I like to run, that's the business we do run, a few hiccups here and there, but we've been around a while due to our over all smooth operation here.

I might come off a little harsh in this email, but I'm upset that because of your situation as well as you saying things about us like deceptive, wrong, false advertising, bait and switch, and whatever else you've said and will probably say after this post, are personally upsetting, are keeping me from sleeping right now, and, as lame as it sounds, gives me all sorts of sad feels, I'll do my best to explain our product, explain what we reasonably believe to have happened, show a picture or two, which should explain our position in this specific issue, and then I'm going to go to bed. This email will be long, I will cite some emails, and I may ramble on and on. Sorry for that in advance, reader.

The bulbs work. The bulbs fit in your headlights if installed properly, just like you did on one side of your car. The bulbs are 100% acceptable as an OE Replacement, nothing needs to be modified, adapted, tweaked, bent, pushed or pulled. As you had noted on your drivers side installation and uninstallation, if installed properly, they work. There's a reason for that. To anyone out there frightened by this post, or taken aback by the claims of lack of concern to the products we sell, I will not hesitate to say it now, and for the rest of time that I'm with this company, nor will I take it back in this case, nor do I even have the slightest desire or necessity to change the verbiage on our product page that's been the same for years, these bulbs are perfect as an OE replacement. D2C bulbs work in a D2S housing, no problems. D2C is not recommended for D2R, but E46 doesn't have that.

We truly sell a lot of them, we have had slim to no issues, sometimes there's a bad bulb, it doesn't ignite, or ignites strangely dim compared to the other side, we send a replacement or two immediately in this case, aside from the warranty we offer on them. I can expect that hundreds of forum members have them installed in their cars, some even buying numerous pairs 'just in case' and so they will never have to pay large amounts for them down the road, and buying them for their other hid projector equipped vehicles. Next to grilles and interior LED kits, these bulbs are our top sellers. If these bulbs did not fit E46's, it would be known to us, and we wouldn't bother selling them to the E46 community, as they would also know they do not fit due to the ridiculous amount of threads that would be out there.

I am a little uncertain of your 'they did not reply to my emails' claim, maybe something had happened in transit, but we did reply to these emails dated: 9/15, 9/16, 9/16, 9/24, 10/3, 10/3, 10/15, 10/15. 10/17, 10/23.

Your email from the 15th:

Quote:
Hi, I'm writing regarding Order ID 124414 for item E46 D2S Xenon / HID Replacement Bulb.

I had a chance of installing the HID bulbs on my vehicle and noticed the right headlight beam is now very high. The left side (driver's) seems OK, however, the pax side headlight's beam is possible 20-25 feet off the ground, and spreads wide to the right side too. The D2S bulb was installed correctly, it sat on the housing fine and screwed to the ballast without any issues. Could it be a manufacturer's defect? What do you suggest?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Armando
We then recommended you check your adjustors, sometimes people mess with them, sometimes they get moved during install, sometimes something happens.. doesn't matter what, but you can adjust the level/direction of your beams no problem. Looking back now, it totally sounds like that bulb was never properly seated or secured, which is why it was pointed funny, it was clearly not lined up inside of the housing.

Then, I quote from 10/17:

Quote:
Hi Kevin,

I was finally able to look into the issue with the D2S bulb I just purchased for my vehicle. While uninstalling the bulb to see what the problem was, I ran into a problem. Somehow the bulb got dislodged in the headlight housing and the ignition element (ballast), and I couldn't take it out. I tried several times twisting the support ring, applying pressure, etc to no avail, it will simply not come out. I decide to just leave it alone but now it won't even go back into its seat, it was jammed pretty bad. Long story short, I had to break the bulb to get it out. So, I was wondering if they are covered under manufacturer warranty or otherwise, you can provide a discount and/or free shipping for a replacement pair. I'm willing to remain a loyal customer and try them again.

Thanks for your concern, hope to hear from you soon.

Andy.
When you tried to remove it, it probably wedged itself somewhere, not being secured properly in the first place, and ended up halfway between easily removable and stuck in the housing. When you then tried to take it out, you had to break it in half to remove it, probably due to angle, I can picture it and I can imagine how it happened, it's not a big deal, but we can't cover that.

When you got the same bulb in your drivers side, it worked, when you took it out of your drivers side, it came out. The passenger side, something wrong happened during installation, the bulb was not secured properly, was not seated properly, explaining why it was not pointing light in the right direction. When you looked at them again, from the back side, you saw the bulb not seated properly. The bulb didn't do that to itself.

We stand behind our products, we stand behind our mistakes, we have replaced tons of stuff, I've had freight guys go pick up misshipped bumpers and ship the right one out same day, I've bit the bullet on corners that were mispacked, I've helped customers on facetime install stuff and MY guidance damages whatever product and I pay out of pocket for it as I'm accepting responsibility at that point.

We can not stand behind an improperly installed product if we have nothing to do with the installation, we just can't, if there was anything I could have done to be there to put the bulbs in for you, I would have.

Standing behind our products has a lot of upside for you guys, nearly 99.9% upside.. we send replacements, we offer warranties, heck, our old angel eyes that failed we lost our butts on, we could have sold and bailed, but we are a business not a fleamarket, the only, and I mean ONLY downside to us being confident in our products, is in cases like this where you claim our products are missadvertised, junk and worthless, we are scamming, product is a potato, etc, we KNOW, undoubtedly, that the product is fine, 100% specifically in this application, 100%. Plenty will attest to this, specifically on these bulbs.

You then threatened a chargeback and to 'go to the forums', we don't reply to those, my arm has been twisted by these threats one too many times, so as of a little more than a year ago, when threatened with a charge back, we let you start it and communicate only with the chargeback-ing company, be it paypal, google, or a CC directly. This really is for your protection anyway, which is why you wanted to initiate a dispute. We don't replace customer-installed-damaged stuff, 99% of the time, this is one of those situations in that 99%, as explained by you, yourself, to us, it makes sense why we wouldn't.

--

All of that being said, here's a graphic that explains what a D2C is, compared to a D2S. D2R is NOT in the E46, we do not recommend putting a D2C into a D2R housing, we don't advertise to do this, we wouldn't do this in our cars, we do however rock our D2S in our cars, and love that people buy them at the ridiculous price we've had them for for years. You can see in the graphic, as well as by using your own drivers side as an example, that if installed properly, there's no possible way the bulb can shift or move on it's own. The bulb is essentially the same as a D2S, except with an added, unused, and unchanging of anything for E46 application nub. Simply, for the bulb to come dislodged inside of the headlight during installation or uninstallation means a bad install.

Stating we are deceptive and grossly bait and switching our customers, as well as claiming we are out to take peoples money for products that don't fit, and not respond to post sales emails, is completely ridiculous and should be entirely disregarded. As explained above in this specific forum post, those claims are simply false.

And to peytonracer, we probably aren't going to get to that email, I don't know what/where, sorry. If something went unresolved, email me, tell me who you are, and I'll get to it before Monday. To peyton or anyone else, about anything, feel free to email, or open a chat next week, I'll be on mostly 9-5PST and then again from 7p-midnight PST, Mon to fri.

Bed time,

Dean
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #23
AndyFL

My Ride: '04 330Ci Vert
Khoalty, I can't believe you took all this time to write this extremely long and elaborated post, but you would not take 2-3 minutes to respond my emails. Go figure. As far as not knowing how to install a lightbulb, please, gimme a break; a task so easy a monkey can even do it.

Anyway, this will be my last post regarding this issue. I did what I told you I would do and the final outcome has been to my satisfaction. I'll close this by posting a pic of the bulb you sold me, (btw, same pic I sent you), showing how many notches were there and let every one come to their own conclusions. I hope this whole experience will make you become more straight forward with your customers, as well as provide better customer service.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bulbbase.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	533067  

Last edited by AndyFL; 11-02-2013 at 08:30 AM. Reason: add pic
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #24
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
We did take 2-3 minutes to respond to your emails, as I clarified in the post above, you even replied to our replies, how can you say we disregarded your emails?

I count 8 going to you.. 100% of which were sent AFTER you had placed your order, your two claims of 'khoalty does not respond post sale' and 'khoalty does not respond at all' are undisputedly false.

You're clearly on a mission here, but looking at the facts and emails, it's quite out of line.

As you told us in the emails, you broke the product, you admit to breaking the product, and you explain that it was pointing in the wrong direction (hinting one side was not properly installed), when you sent us a picture of the product you received, the base and bulb height look spot on, identical to the one you installed into your driver's side JUST FINE. The only way it could have been 'dislodged into the headlight' is by a poor installation, which is clearly the case from the explanation YOU provided to us in email.

The only way we could have given you a satisfactory outcome would be to go against company policy, which has been in place since we started (all other aftermarket companies hold to the same one, too!), and ship you a replacement even though you are the one who broke the product. If you smash your iPhone on the pavement do you blame the Apple employees and get mad when they don't replace it for free?

You can not tell me and the rest of the forum members here, that the countless number of people, going back 4+ years who received that same exact product as you, all received the wrong thing, a product that is not meant for the E46 headlights, and that we scammed and lied to all of these people who didn't have a single problem: https://www.google.com/search?q=khoalty+d2s+bulb

The bulbs we sent you, the bulbs hundreds of people are running with zero problems, are just fine. I can not assume responsibility for incorrectly installed products.

There's no reason for me to come back into this thread and communicate with you any farther, as you refuse to acknowledge your own emails, the emails we sent you, and the things I've now repeated numerous times.

Dean
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote