E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Xi Forum

E46 Xi Forum
The E46 XI was produced from 01-05 in sedan and touring body styles. Powered by either a 2.5L inline 6 in the 325xi or a 3.0L inline 6 330xi. Discuss all thing about BMW AWD E46 'Xi' here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
eshtak12

My Ride: 2003 325XI
Headlight and Rear bumper from pre facelift to newer model

I just found a rear bumper that came from an 01 325 and a pair of xenon headlights that came off the same car. I have an 03 325xi and was wondering if those two parts will fit on my car.

P.S It's just the headlamp, no corner lights.
eshtak12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
SicStang03

My Ride: e46 325xiT/6 & 325ci
Headlights won't. I think they changed in late 01 and again in 03. Not sure about rear bumper.

Last edited by SicStang03; 11-01-2013 at 10:25 PM.
SicStang03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #3
eshtak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicStang03 View Post
Headlights won't. I think they changed in late 01 and again in 03. Not sure about rear bumper.
Is there a way I can retrofit any of those?
Old 11-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
bloodredbimmer

My Ride: 01 330Ci 5MT
Headlight and Rear bumper from pre facelift to newer model

Its a different front end. you would have to change your front clip. You're car is considered a "facelift" model while the headlights from the other are from a "prefacelift". Rear bumper should fit perfectly fine. I would say sell the headlights and get some to fit your car.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 11-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
drumbum624

My Ride: 325xi
Send a message via AIM to drumbum624
You can epoxy facelifted corner lights to the preface headlamp assembly. Do a good job and it may even fit well.

People on this forum don't always like to consider the cheap fixes. The fact of the matter is, do whatever you want to your own car.

Though I'm not positive about the rear bumper, I'm pretty sure if anything, the only thing you will need to fit it to your car is the brackets that go right behind the rear fenders or so that the sides of the bumper slide into. I believe they are either called bumper guide brackets or bumper support brackets. Honestly you may not even need to swap those, but if it looks like the bumper wont slide in properly, that is likely why.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
eshtak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbum624 View Post
Though I'm not positive about the rear bumper, I'm pretty sure if anything, the only thing you will need to fit it to your car is the brackets that go right behind the rear fenders or so that the sides of the bumper slide into. I believe they are either called bumper guide brackets or bumper support brackets. Honestly you may not even need to swap those, but if it looks like the bumper wont slide in properly, that is likely why.
The bumper that's on the car now has a part near the end of both bumper for the bolts. The preface bumper doesn't. I'll post some pictures up to show you.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
drumbum624

Does the prepface bumper have something in place of those bolt holes? Like plastic molded on that could slide into the guides mounted on the car?

I've only swapped fronts and thats why I'm making guesses. But I do remember hearing that an early model rear bumper cover can fit a late model fairly easily
Old 11-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
eshtak12

Quote:
Does the prepface bumper have something in place of those bolt holes? Like plastic molded on that could slide into the guides mounted on the car?

I've only swapped fronts and thats why I'm making guesses. But I do remember hearing that an early model rear bumper cover can fit a late model fairly easily
The preface bumper has no bolt holes in the same area as the current bumper. Instead there are clips that looks like it should be slided to the guide mounted on the car.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #9
drumbum624

So then try and slide it onto the guide mounted on the car. And if not, find the proper guide from a prefacelifted car on realoem and replace your existing ones.

Am I missing something?
Old 11-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #10
eshtak12

Quote:
So then try and slide it onto the guide mounted on the car. And if not, find the proper guide from a prefacelifted car on realoem and replace your existing ones.

Am I missing something?
I'm gonna try it out tomorrow, I'll let you know how that goes. Thanks!