E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 237 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #321
hendrk

My Ride: 330iA
hi, has someone checked the astro player for playback?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roplayer&hl=de
there are lots of options for shortcuts, maybe it is a possibility for the guys, where the steeringwheel buttons won't work in poweramp.
i'm not at home at the moment, so i can't test it. but it looks really good on my phone.
hendrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #322
Bishopgoldy

My Ride: '05 M3 '92 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haug523 View Post
As far as i'm concern it should have been atleast Android 3.0.

Also i wish there was a possibility to root, so far i haven't found anything that works, looks like the ordinary vulnerabilities in this Android version has been patched somehow.
If this was rootable.... be awesome I would trade in my warranty for an unlocked unit but soon im sure they will update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using BimmerApp mobile app
Bishopgoldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #323
Ironman273

My Ride: 2003 BMW 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrk View Post
there are lots of options for shortcuts, maybe it is a possibility for the guys, where the steeringwheel buttons won't work in poweramp.
i'm not at home at the moment, so i can't test it. but it looks really good on my phone.
That looks nice. Steering controls work with me in Poweramp but I'll give this a try. The biggest problem I've found in using other media players, including Google Music, is that it's not finding the music on the SD card and there's no way to change where it looks. Poweramp allows you to select your music directory.
Ironman273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #324
SmokeyDP

My Ride: 2001 M3
For what it costs there is no reason it shouldn't come with 4.x which works just as well if not better on older hardware as the 2.3. If the hardware doesn't support it, then shame on the hardware manufacturers because 4.0 has been out for a few years now and this radio hasn't been out for 6 months. I'm very interested in the product as it is very promising but I'm going to hold off till there is an option with a newer OS.
Schrick cams - AFE intake - Custom Tune - Supersprint full exhaust - Evosport pulleys - UUC Evo 3 short shift kit - Brembo 14" BBK brake kit - Euro rear floating rotors - TC Kline Double Adjustable coilovers - Vorshlag caster/camber plates - Adjustable rear camber arms - Black 2005 competition package interior - Vorsteiner CSL front bumper - 19" CSL wheels

Last edited by SmokeyDP; 01-22-2014 at 09:17 AM.
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #325
Ironman273

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrk View Post
So I tried it. First off, it would only read off the Navi SD card, so I had to switch my media card into that slot. Not that big of a deal. Then it came up with the folders and I could browse into them and play songs but under Artists, Albums, etc. nothing would show up, even though it spent a couple minutes "refreshing".
Old 01-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #326
E46er75

My Ride: 323i Vert, 330xi
Would be curious myself if an update to a newer verison of Andriod is in the works or if it is even doable on this unit, considering I just purchased an Avin and received it this week.

Tommy? Any info?

Last edited by E46er75; 01-22-2014 at 10:09 PM.
E46er75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:20 AM   #327
DavidVonDee

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46er75 View Post
Any aftermarket radio with half the features of the Avin will cost $700-$1000 not sure why some people think that the cost is too high. Most people that complain go out and by a aftermarket radio for $400 and have to buy $200 worth of add ons to use any features. Also it ends up not being an oem fit with zero support. If I have a problem with the unit I get an answer that day.

How about using this thread to support these guys instead of crying about pricing.

I can only image what kind of cheap parts and mods people with this mentality have...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
So I must be a cheap ass, just because I think your radio is overpriced yeah some people would want to aftermarket radio maybe some people don't want to spend that much on the radio I rather spend that money for the outside rims etc. Motor modifications. I never said that it was a bad radio I just don't like the price so what judge me all you want

NYC BMW Club on Facebook

DavidVonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:10 AM   #328
E46er75

My Ride: 323i Vert, 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidVonDee View Post
So I must be a cheap ass, just because I think your radio is overpriced yeah some people would want to aftermarket radio maybe some people don't want to spend that much on the radio I rather spend that money for the outside rims etc. Motor modifications. I never said that it was a bad radio I just don't like the price so what judge me all you want

You bashed a price and product, I justified it's price and purpose...

You'd rather worry about your rims.

Lets keep this thread about Avin
E46er75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:24 AM   #329
matt0

My Ride: 318i e46
edit: double

Last edited by matt0; 01-23-2014 at 01:38 AM. Reason: double post
matt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:24 AM   #330
matt0

Looking at the specs the price is fine, but after having the unit and trying to use it it's not. Main issues I have found;

Audio quality is noticeably reduced (even after trying to correct with the eq)

iPod indexing times are pretty much unusable, and once indexed the scroll times are very slow and the artist and album folders frequently are empty - sd card is significantly faster but doesn't read ID tags so it makes it much harder to scroll through folders and songs

When receiving a call through bluetooth the answer button on screen/wheel doesn't work roughly 9/10 times, I've had it work twice my self.

Bluetooth call quality is terrible, get very strange feedback frequently and interference sounds

Bluetooth A2DP is flaky at best. If I reboot the unit and manually reconnect bluetooth it will normally be fine. But if I turn off the car, walk away and come back it will reconnect but will have cuts in the music every few seconds as if it was buffering

Many apps from the app store don't install or freeze when trying to install, even basic apps like Dash Command have trouble installing, took several minutes to install after downloading.

-

Good things;

It's android and the best after market unit so far specifically for e46's. It has a great feature set that unfortunately does not work correctly.

Last edited by matt0; 01-23-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:29 AM   #331
DavidVonDee

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46er75 View Post
You bashed a price and product, I justified it's price and purpose...

You'd rather worry about your rims.

Lets keep this thread about Avin
Damn it , why you have to start talking all clam and crap, I can't get mad.... Ok you win lol your right

NYC BMW Club on Facebook

DavidVonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #332
Dr3wX5

My Ride: X5 3.0i
Has anyone encountered the volume not being able to adjust as you scroll the wheel or use the steering wheel controls? I've encountered this problem about 4-5 times so far. When I try to adjust volume I see the on-screen bar showing that it increases/decreases as I scroll CW or CCW, but the volume itself does not match what it being shown. The only solution I have found is doing a hard factory reset. However, this requires me to re-install all my apps and adjust all my settings which IS ANNOYING. If anyone has encountered this problem and has a fix for it please let me know!
Dr3wX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #333
matt0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr3wX5 View Post
Has anyone encountered the volume not being able to adjust as you scroll the wheel or use the steering wheel controls? I've encountered this problem about 4-5 times so far. When I try to adjust volume I see the on-screen bar showing that it increases/decreases as I scroll CW or CCW, but the volume itself does not match what it being shown. The only solution I have found is doing a hard factory reset. However, this requires me to re-install all my apps and adjust all my settings which IS ANNOYING. If anyone has encountered this problem and has a fix for it please let me know!

I've had that, only a restart fixed for me
Old 01-23-2014, 04:48 PM   #334
SKR7

My Ride: E46 MY04.5 SMG M3
Not good. Has anyone heard anything from Tommy?
Old 01-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #335
Bishopgoldy

My Ride: '05 M3 '92 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKR7 View Post
Im nervous lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using BimmerApp mobile app
Bishopgoldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #336
SKR7

My Ride: E46 MY04.5 SMG M3
me too. lol
Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 PM   #337
Ironman273

Maybe he's in China?
Old 01-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #338
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr3wX5 View Post
I have not seen that but it looks like a bug, email tommy about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKR7 View Post
I got an email from him yesterday (nothing interesting....just paperwork stuff). Hes a busy guy and if hes traveling its hard to respond on here.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 01-24-2014 at 12:29 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #339
tommy@avinusa.com
AKA: M3Evolution

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG
Hi guys sorry I am currently back in California travelling and taking care of a few things. Weird I have not been getting any email updates from e46fanatics about new thread replies. I have been replying daily to everyones email though so if you need help or have a question with anything that would be the fastest option.

www.avinusa.com

email: tommy@avinusa.com

///M3Evolution Dynavin Android Rom
AKA: m3evolution

http://www.youtube.com/user/AVINUSA

$50 OFF BMW E46 Avant-2 Coupon Code: e46fanatics
tommy@avinusa.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #340
Dr3wX5

My Ride: X5 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions View Post
I have not seen that but it looks like a bug, email tommy about it.
I did and we are trying to troubleshoot, just figured I post on here if someone else had a fix for the problem.

I was able to solve the problem by un-mounting and removing the SD cards then doing a soft reboot. However, shortly after running Spotify, the problem occurred again
Dr3wX5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, avant, avin, dynavin, eonon, m3evolution