E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 200 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #21
bdejong11129

My Ride: 06 M3
Its a real shame I cant order one right now. My stock unit is on the fritz and I have been on the fence about the dynavin unit. However, the site shows no stock and the next shipment is part of some black friday sale. Cant I just preorder now?
bdejong11129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #22
tommy@avinusa.com
AKA: M3Evolution

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG
Comapring the Two Different System Start Time

. . .

///AVIN AA-BE46 Avant Series on the left start time is with in a few seconds and is fully ready to go!

Dynavin D99+ Android on the right start time takes on average 45 seconds before Android is loaded
tommy@avinusa.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #23
Bigo1087

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP
Are you selling your AVIN Avant Unit AND the Navall Unit?

I'm confused.

EDIT: So I've been told the S150 Unit have on the black Friday page is NOT the Navall Unit. Can you shed some light on this unit and what it is? Differences between the //AVIN AVANT Unit?

2006 IB ZCP. TCKline S/A, Vorshlag Camber Plates, BMW SSK, H&R Front Swaybar, Intrvaee II, HID Fogs, OEM ZCP Wheels 245/275.

Last edited by Bigo1087; 11-11-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Bigo1087 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #24
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigo1087 View Post
Are you selling your AVIN Avant Unit AND the Navall Unit?

I'm confused.
No Navall is the name used by another company for the S150 model.

We are introducing the S150 (as shown on the box) Series platform. The S150 supports MirrorLink.

http://avinusa.com/bmw-e46-android-s150-series.html

The Avant Series and S150 Series platform are completely different with their own unique feature set. We will be offering both platforms so customers can choose the one that best fits their needs.

Our website will be updated soon with full details of the specs and the difference between the S150 and the Avant series

Last edited by tommy@avinusa.com; 12-08-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #25
tommy@avinusa.com

BMW E39 5 Series M5 and X5 E53 Full Android GPS Navigation System

Although not a E46 but maybe some of you guys also have a 5 Series, M5 or X5 in your garages too

http://avinusa.com/bmw-5-series-e39-...on-system.html
Old 11-13-2013, 03:36 AM   #26
D.J

My Ride: MY'03 320ci
Can you explain the difference between the S150 and the AVANT model? Looking forward to receiving your ///AVIN under the X-mas tree
D.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #27
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J View Post
Can you explain the difference between the S150 and the AVANT model? Looking forward to receiving your ///AVIN under the X-mas tree
We will be updating the technical specs and features of the S150 Series platform on our website soon.

Here are a few of the differences between our BMW Avant Series and S150 Series platform from the user experience point of view.

Avant Series = The Premium Model:

The BMW Avant series hardware and software was inspired by the many great members here at E46Fanatics. We listened to many owners of different systems about the problems they had, what annoyed them most, and what their ideal perfect system would be like. We sought out to develop a system that would try to meet those high exepectations. Even the BMW Avant UI color scheme was recommended by the E46Fanatics members here. The BMW Avant series is designed to be fast, reliable, simple, and intuitive to use. The UI design is meant to be intuitive so you can keep your eyes and attention on the road. It's Torque built-in compatibilty makes it easy for you to access your cars diagnostic directly from the 7" touchscreen. It is always ready to go whenever you are (video demo of startup time in post#22). It's a full Android system but does not require you to be a rocket scientist or an Android developer to take advantage of its advance features.

Avant Series is compatible with cars equipped with factory navigation.

S150 Series = The Standard Model:

The S150 requires more patient and attention. It has a slower start time so that means everytime you start your car you will have to wait for the system to fully load up before you can start using and driving off. It has some nice features like vcdc, Mirrorlink, but it requires more of your attention to use it safely and to properly navigate through it. We recommend to have your car parked or have a passenger assist in some of its more advanced operations while on the road. The S150 is not compatible with Torque. It does however have the option to Mirrorlink with your mobile phone (not all phone is compatible with Mirrorlink). The response time using Mirrorlink is slower then if the app was natively ran from the headunit itself.

S150 Series is not currently compatible with cars equipped with factory navigation.

The Avant Series and S150 Series platform are completely different with their own unique feature set.
We offer both platforms so customers can choose which best fits their needs.

Last edited by tommy@avinusa.com; 11-17-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:35 AM   #28
D.J

My Ride: MY'03 320ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy@avinusa.com View Post
We will be updating the technical specs and features of the S150 Series platform on our website soon.

Here are a few of the differences between our BMW Avant Series and S150 Series platform from the user experience point of view.

Avant Series = The Premium Model:

The BMW Avant series hardware and software was inspired by the many great members here at E46Fanatics. We listened to many owners of different systems about the problems they had, what annoyed them most, and what their ideal perfect system would be like. We sought out to develop a system that would try to meet those high exepectations. Even the BMW Avant UI color scheme was recommended by the E46Fanatics members here. The BMW Avant series is designed to be fast, reliable, simple, and intuitive to use. The UI design is meant to be intuitive so you can keep your eyes and attention on the road. It's Torque built-in compatibilty makes it easy for you to access your cars diagnostic directly from the 7" touchscreen. It is always ready to go whenever you are (video demo of startup time in post#22). It's a full Android system but does not require you to be a rocket scientist or an Android developer to take advantage of its advance features.

S150 Series = The Standard Model:

The S150 requires more patient and attention. It has a slower start time so that means everytime you start your car you will have to wait for the system to fully load up before you can start using and driving off. It has some nice features like vcdc, Mirrorlink, but it requires more of your attention to use it safely and to properly navigate through it. We recommend to have your car parked or have a passenger assist in some of its more advanced operations while on the road. The S150 is not compatible with Torque. It does however have the option to Mirrorlink with your mobile phone (not all phone is compatible with Mirrorlink). The response time using Mirrorlink is slower then if the app was natively ran from the headunit itself.

The Avant Series and S150 Series platform are completely different with their own unique feature set.
We offer both platforms so customers can choose which best fits their needs.
Roger. I understand. Are physical buttons also present @ the S150 model? Or configured like the Navall with the steering wheel button?

And will there be a Black Friday discount on the Avant model also?

Got another tip for you, I'll send you a PM.
D.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #29
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J View Post
Roger. I understand. Are physical buttons also present @ the S150 model? Or configured like the Navall with the steering wheel button?

And will there be a Black Friday discount on the Avant model also?

Got another tip for you, I'll send you a PM.
Yes all S150 standard features work including all steering wheel button controls. There are no HOME, BACK, and MENU buttons on the front panel of the BMW S150 model. Only the ///AVIN Avant BMW models have the HOME, BACK, and MENU buttons on the front panel.

Last edited by tommy@avinusa.com; 11-18-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #30
Bigo1087

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy@avinusa.com View Post
Although not a E46 but maybe some of you guys also have a 5 Series, M5 or X5 in your garages too

http://avinusa.com/bmw-5-series-e39-...on-system.html
Oh Man!!!!!. I wish you could fit those buttons on the e46 version

2006 IB ZCP. TCKline S/A, Vorshlag Camber Plates, BMW SSK, H&R Front Swaybar, Intrvaee II, HID Fogs, OEM ZCP Wheels 245/275.
Bigo1087 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #31
yujini

My Ride: E46 M3
Tommy, whenever I click your link, I only see a black screen with Avin logo.
Is there a way to order?
yujini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:05 AM   #32
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by yujini View Post
Is there a way to order?
Hi yujini

I just sent you a PM
Old 11-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #34
nut

My Ride: 04 LSB M3 SMG
Congratulations and thanks for bringing this to the world
I've subscribed your project thread and wanted to try my own project(tablet install). Had to give it up while ago due to busy life...

BTW, is this model excluded from BF discounts? I'm thinking ordering one soon.

•Koni Yellow + Eibach
•VMR VB3 19" + Ventus V12 EVO K110
•Brembo GT 355mm 6pods + 345mm 4pods
•Headlamp retrofit: S2k projector + 85122cm + eas AE
•Avin Avant 2(+BU cam) + Alpine PDX F4 + BSW stage I, JL 600/1v3 + 10W7
•SCSL dual CF trunk
•E90 key retrofit w/ greater remote distance! + Start Engine button mod (for fun)

nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #35
WilliamLD

My Ride: 01' Bmw 330ci
Could we use the AUX option to incorporate satellite radio and have it display on screen? Similar to using this same input for a console.
WilliamLD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #36
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamLD View Post
Could we use the AUX option to incorporate satellite radio and have it display on screen? Similar to using this same input for a console.
Yes correct. You can use the AUX input for anything with audio/video output including PS4, Xbox, iPod, Satellite Radio, etc...
Old 11-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #37
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Congratulations and thanks for bringing this to the world
I've subscribed your project thread and wanted to try my own project(tablet install). Had to give it up while ago due to busy life...

BTW, is this model excluded from BF discounts? I'm thinking ordering one soon.
Thanks.

Please visit us at www.avinusa.com this upcoming Black Friday. There will be some Black Friday Only products and some unannounced specials in our Black Friday Only section.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #38
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by yujini View Post
Is there a way to order?
Hi yujini

You should be receiving your order soon
Old 11-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #39
nut

My Ride: 04 LSB M3 SMG
Order just placed

•Koni Yellow + Eibach
•VMR VB3 19" + Ventus V12 EVO K110
•Brembo GT 355mm 6pods + 345mm 4pods
•Headlamp retrofit: S2k projector + 85122cm + eas AE
•Avin Avant 2(+BU cam) + Alpine PDX F4 + BSW stage I, JL 600/1v3 + 10W7
•SCSL dual CF trunk
•E90 key retrofit w/ greater remote distance! + Start Engine button mod (for fun)

nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #40
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Order just placed
Awesome thanks! I will have your order prepared and shipped later today

Tags
android, avant, avin, dynavin, eonon, m3evolution