E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 227 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #81
tingbro1

My Ride: 2002 330i
Tommy.

I installed my AVIN unit last night. Everything seems to be working except the orange illumination lighting not the buttons keeps blinking on and off when I turn the car's lights (stays on 1 second, off 4 seconds and repeats again).

Any idea how to fix this?

For the other users who want to set how long the unit wants to stay in standby mode for 2 second quick boot, you need to get the privacy settings. Use select this sequence from the menus.

1.Settings
2.Advanced settings
3.Privacy
4.Standby options
tingbro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #82
tommy@avinusa.com
AKA: M3Evolution

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by tingbro1 View Post
Tommy.

I installed my AVIN unit last night. Everything seems to be working except the orange illumination lighting not the buttons keeps blinking on and off when I turn the car's lights (stays on 1 second, off 4 seconds and repeats again).

Any idea how to fix this?

For the other users who want to set how long the unit wants to stay in standby mode for 2 second quick boot, you need to get the privacy settings. Use select this sequence from the menus.

1.Settings
2.Advanced settings
3.Privacy
4.Standby options
I just sent you an email. I might have a simple fix for this.
tommy@avinusa.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #83
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj127 View Post
[*]Want a clock display on the screen all the time like a smartphone (upper-right corner)
We are actively listening to our customers feedback and will continue to improve and add new features

Last edited by tommy@avinusa.com; 12-07-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #84
tingbro1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy@avinusa.com View Post
I just sent you an email. I might have a simple fix for this.
Thanks Tommy, adjusted the illumination setting to be a full max or close to full max and its fixed it. I had it on 3/4 brightness.

I'm new to Android OS, are there music apps you recommend that will allow me to upload my iTunes library to I can play them off an SD card and create playlists? Load times on the iPod player are way too slow.

My impressions of the unit so far is that it's very polished and responsive. Really glad I waited until the AVIN came out as it's pretty much everything you'd want in an android unit. Seems stable so far. Love being able to assign Waze as my default Nav app.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #85
Bigo1087

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tingbro1 View Post
Thanks Tommy, adjusted the illumination setting to be a full max or close to full max and its fixed it. I had it on 3/4 brightness.

I'm new to Android OS, are there music apps you recommend that will allow me to upload my iTunes library to I can play them off an SD card and create playlists? Load times on the iPod player are way too slow.

My impressions of the unit so far is that it's very polished and responsive. Really glad I waited until the AVIN came out as it's pretty much everything you'd want in an android unit. Seems stable so far. Love being able to assign Waze as my default Nav app.
Download Google Music Manager on your computer, which automatically uploads all your iTunes music/playlists to the google cloud. You then can stream your uploaded music using the google music app from any of your android devices anywhere your online.

Now if you don't want to have to stream, you can choose to download and save the music to your storage device via the Google Music App.

2006 IB ZCP. TCKline S/A, Vorshlag Camber Plates, BMW SSK, H&R Front Swaybar, Intrvaee II, HID Fogs, OEM ZCP Wheels 245/275.

Last edited by Bigo1087; 12-07-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Bigo1087 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #86
tingbro1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigo1087 View Post
Download Google Music Manager on your computer, which automatically uploads all your iTunes music/playlists to the google cloud. You then can stream your uploaded music using the google music app from any of your android devices anywhere your online.

Now if you don't want to have to stream, you can choose to download and save the music to your storage device via the Google Music App.
Many thanks! Will download and give it a try
Old 12-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #87
nut

My Ride: 04 LSB M3 SMG
Quote:
We are actively listening to our customers feedback and will continue to improve and add new features

Happy to see more ideas how this would look like.
I'm pretty sure this will be my best $ spent during BF 2013.

I also vouch for Tommy's customer service; he's very responsive and helpful Can't wait installing this unit. Mine just has arrived in US...hopefully will arrive here by early next week

BTW Tommy, this rom is rooted(superSU+busybox), right?
What's the latest version of google map can be installed on this rom?
It's been so long since I was on gingerbread so I remember almost nothing about gingerbread

•Koni Yellow + Eibach
•VMR VB3 19" + Ventus V12 EVO K110
•Brembo GT 355mm 6pods + 345mm 4pods
•Headlamp retrofit: S2k projector + 85122cm + eas AE
•Avin Avant 2(+BU cam) + Alpine PDX F4 + BSW stage I, JL 600/1v3 + 10W7
•SCSL dual CF trunk
•E90 key retrofit w/ greater remote distance! + Start Engine button mod
•Folding mirror motor retrofit

nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #88
packrat555

My Ride: 2001 325i
still way to expensive for most. I think you are missing the market based on cost alone. By the time you resolve this all the cars you are targeting will be off the road. If you could strip out the following features how much could it be built and sold for:

Dvd reader, nobody buying such a device is still using media
FM radio tuner, if I need local radio I can still stream
Audio/Aux inputs, from where the headphone jack from my ipod
Video out, is anyone still putting displays in headrest
built in amps, if I spend $700 on head unit probablly building a system with amps

The target price should be $399
packrat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #89
nut

My Ride: 04 LSB M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat555 View Post
still way to expensive for most. I think you are missing the market based on cost alone. By the time you resolve this all the cars you are targeting will be off the road. If you could strip out the following features how much could it be built and sold for:

Dvd reader, nobody buying such a device is still using media
FM radio tuner, if I need local radio I can still stream
Audio/Aux inputs, from where the headphone jack from my ipod
Video out, is anyone still putting displays in headrest
built in amps, if I spend $700 on head unit probablly building a system with amps

The target price should be $399
I agree with the price part but I, as being an android user from its very early stage, don't mind spending extra on his efforts customizing rom/apps and getting better hardware installed onto the unit.
Maybe I personally love to apply/catch up with one of most recent/familiar technology to our old E46's.

Well, I should judge this unit based on my actual experience...but at least I like the idea(and looks) and hopefully I made right decision about this.

•Koni Yellow + Eibach
•VMR VB3 19" + Ventus V12 EVO K110
•Brembo GT 355mm 6pods + 345mm 4pods
•Headlamp retrofit: S2k projector + 85122cm + eas AE
•Avin Avant 2(+BU cam) + Alpine PDX F4 + BSW stage I, JL 600/1v3 + 10W7
•SCSL dual CF trunk
•E90 key retrofit w/ greater remote distance! + Start Engine button mod
•Folding mirror motor retrofit

nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #90
Haug523

My Ride: Bmw E39 523
Totally agree with the dvd part of the player, why would someone use a dvd or a cd today, then you can use Sd-Card or Usb? Could have removed the Dvd reader and it would also have been easier to install the unit as you could have cut off half of the player, just as the Parrot Asteroid is.

Haug523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #91
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Happy to see more ideas how this would look like.
I'm pretty sure this will be my best $ spent during BF 2013.

I also vouch for Tommy's customer service; he's very responsive and helpful Can't wait installing this unit. Mine just has arrived in US...hopefully will arrive here by early next week

BTW Tommy, this rom is rooted(superSU+busybox), right?
What's the latest version of google map can be installed on this rom?
It's been so long since I was on gingerbread so I remember almost nothing about gingerbread
No Root.

The AVIN Avant supports the latest version of Google Maps Navigation with Street View. You can easily update apps via the Google Play store to the newest version when they come out.

Last edited by tommy@avinusa.com; 12-08-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #92
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
My eonon just died on me 5 minutes after install and created electrical problems, took it out and my car is fine. I might consider one of these units, how well would it work with an iPhone? And this is distributed in the US right?
Old 12-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #93
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
My eonon just died on me 5 minutes after install and created electrical problems, took it out and my car is fine. I might consider one of these units, how well would it work with an iPhone? And this is distributed in the US right?
ugh....too many stories like this with those cheap "knock off" units. Too bad those eonon/enco threads are so long that most people skip over the middle and dont read them, they miss all the posts like this one ^^^. Hope you can get it returned and your money back without too much trouble!

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #94
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions View Post
ugh....too many stories like this with those cheap "knock off" units. Too bad those eonon/enco threads are so long that most people skip over the middle and dont read them, they miss all the posts like this one ^^^. Hope you can get it returned and your money back without too much trouble!
Well the thing is I took it out of my trunk and got it stolen in waikiki
Old 12-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #95
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
It works great with the iPhone. The iPod / iPhone app allows you to play your iTunes media directly from the ///AVIN Avant's large touchscreen as well as control it from your BMW steering wheel buttons. The dedicated iPod / iPhone connection also recharges your iPhone's battery.

Yes the ///AVIN Avant are distributed in the US. All of our products are backed by a 1 year US warranty. If customers ever need to send a product in for service our service center is conveniently located in Northern California.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #96
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

Quote:
It works great with the iPhone. The iPod / iPhone app allows you to play your iTunes media directly from the ///AVIN Avant's large touchscreen as well as control it from your BMW steering wheel buttons. The dedicated iPod / iPhone connection also recharges your iPhone's battery.

Yes the ///AVIN Avant are distributed in the US. All of our products are backed by a 1 year US warranty. If customers ever need to send a product in for service our service center is conveniently located in Northern California.
Cool, I will contact you later
Old 12-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #97
matt0

My Ride: 318i e46
>1 year US warranty

If I buy from OS is the warranty still covered?
matt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #98
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt0 View Post
>1 year US warranty

If I buy from OS is the warranty still covered?
Yes. We will honor our warranty policy for all of our customers.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #99
rguti153

My Ride: 2004 zhp / 2000 323i
Re: Official: ///AVIN BMW E46 Full Android Multimedia Navigation System - Info and Q&

I love this one by far ... the interface looks nice . Can u add a back up camera ? I didnt read it anywhere .

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
rguti153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #100
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rguti153 View Post
I love this one by far ... the interface looks nice . Can u add a back up camera ? I didnt read it anywhere .

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Thank you.

Yes you can add a back up camera. It will support any back up camera with a RCA connector. The quality of the image will depend on the backup camera you choose.

Last edited by tommy@avinusa.com; 12-10-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Tags
android, avant, avin, dynavin, eonon, m3evolution