E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 237 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #101
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Intigrated Sattlite radio would be nice.

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #102
Dr3wX5

My Ride: X5 3.0i
Auto Backup Cam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy@avinusa.com View Post
Thank you.

Yes you can add a back up camera. It will support any back up camera with a RCA connector. The quality of the image will depend on the backup camera you choose.

Tommy, can you confirm if the backup camera automatically switches on when gear is in reverse, then switches off when back in drive and park.
Dr3wX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #103
omni01_k

My Ride: 2014 335i
Seems like a legit unit. Nice job.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #104
rguti153

My Ride: 2004 zhp / 2000 323i
Re: Official: ///AVIN BMW E46 Full Android Multimedia Navigation System - Info and Q&

Looks like a very nice unit . Love how it allready runs android without modifying anything to it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BimmerApp mobile app
rguti153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #105
wlmmn

My Ride: 02 330ci+05AudiAllro
Since they didn't answer Astheros' question about the price but instead directed him to their website (that always bugs me about companies. Why not just tell us the price unless you have something to hide, especially when asked straight up?):

It's essentially 800 bucks.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #106
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlmmn View Post
Since they didn't answer Astheros' question about the price but instead directed him to their website (that always bugs me about companies. Why not just tell us the price unless you have something to hide, especially when asked straight up?):

It's essentially 800 bucks.
I know this was directed elsewhere but as someone who has years worth of experience here, first as a regular forum member, and later as a sponsoring vendor.....the reason you direct people to your website for pricing is because the price changes over time, these forum posts are forever.... and most people are not paying enough attention to make note of the dates of the posts they are reading. You HAVE NO IDEA how many people contact me to ask question about products, issues, pricing, etc... that have not existed in years. You never know what google is going to turn up!

So 3 years from now when someone runs across your post they are going to think an Avin unit costs $799.....which will most likely NOT be the case at that time. I see posts on this forum all the time about how dynavins cost $900+ (or sometimes $500)......either way, not even close.... at one time, with certain accessories added, certain models could get close to those values, but that is not the case now. Yet it still gets stated as fact because somebody posted it....years ago....

It seems a lot of people think about these forums as their own personal conversation platform but dont put much thought into the fact that its basically an information archive....what you post here will be around for a LONG time. Thats why some people get a bit cranky with the "SEARCH!!!" responses etc... The more clutter there is here, the less able we ALL are to find good useful information.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 12-10-2013 at 06:40 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #107
tommy@avinusa.com
AKA: M3Evolution

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr3wX5 View Post
Tommy, can you confirm if the backup camera automatically switches on when gear is in reverse, then switches off when back in drive and park.
Yes the back up camera does automatically switches on when in reverse gear and off when back in drive or park.

www.avinusa.com

email: tommy@avinusa.com

///M3Evolution Dynavin Android Rom
AKA: m3evolution

http://www.youtube.com/user/AVINUSA

$50 OFF BMW E46 Avant-2 Coupon Code: e46fanatics
tommy@avinusa.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #108
Haug523

My Ride: Bmw E39 523
Ok, so i ordered one for my E39 aswell will it be shipped with DHL? and is it shipping directly from the factory in China? i seem to recall someone wrote that.

Last edited by Haug523; 12-10-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Haug523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #109
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haug523 View Post
Ok, so i ordered one for my E39 aswell will it be shipped with DHL? and is it shipping directly from the factory in China? i seem to recall someone wrote that.
Thanks!

Yes we will be using DHL as it has proven to be the fastest and most reliable service.

You have two options: We can ship it from our warehouse in Hong Kong (this would be the fastest) or You can wait until your E39 unit arrives in California and then we ship it to you from there.

www.avinusa.com

Last edited by tommy@avinusa.com; 12-10-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #110
Dr3wX5

My Ride: X5 3.0i
Quote:
Thanks!

Yes we will be using DHL as it has proven to be the fastest and most reliable service.

You have two options: We can ship it from our warehouse in Hong Kong (this would be the fastest) or You can wait until your E39 unit arrives in California and then we ship it to you from there.
Tommy, I thought the units were already in California awaiting final inspection?
Dr3wX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #111
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Tommy, I thought the units were already in California awaiting final inspection?
No I personally visit the factory and do the inspection there. This way if there are any issues it can be addressed immediately. I know for me quality and reliability is very important so I need to see for myself that everything is being done right. We only accept units that pass our strict quality test. If I were to wait to do the inspection in California that would be too late and if there are issues I would need to send them all the way back to the factory.

www.avinusa.com

Last edited by tommy@avinusa.com; 12-10-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #112
Fidget

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
It works great with the iPhone. The iPod / iPhone app allows you to play your iTunes media directly from the ///AVIN Avant's large touchscreen as well as control it from your BMW steering wheel buttons. The dedicated iPod / iPhone connection also recharges your iPhone's battery.
Since it has USB ports can I just plug in my lightning cable that came with my iphone 5 unlike all of the competition? Or am I still forced to use a 30 pin cable with an adaptor?

If you cant just make use of the USB for ipod as the unit currently sits, why not get rid of the old 30 pin (or make it an option) and let us use our own cables? It seems like it would make things easier and it should have an impact (minor I am sure) on production costs since you would not need to include a 30 pin cable that is effectively obsolete now.
Fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #113
jrj127

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
BT Phone Questions

My phone is paired to the AVIN unit via BlueTooth and I have a few questions.
  1. When I get an incoming call, how do I make it ring on the car's speakers?
  2. Also, I have over 800 contacts on my phone/Gmail. Is there a way to only sync a specific list of people via the BT phonebook sync to speed it up?
  3. Is there a way to make the unit remember the phonebook contents so it does not need to sync every time the phone connects to the unit?
Thanks,
Jared
jrj127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #114
Haug523

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasberry View Post
Intigrated Sattlite radio would be nice.
Maybe this will work?

http://store.mp3car.com/MJS_SC_C1_US...11&Click=29952
Old 12-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #115
Haug523

Tommy, as i live in Norway and we don't have Sirius Satelite radio here but Dab radio, do you think this App

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=wavesink&hl=en

will work with this dongle in the avin player?

http://dx.com/p/rtl2832u-r820t-mini-...e-black-170541
Old 12-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #116
mxsoto15

My Ride: GSXR750, 2001 325Ci
Does it come with an external mic? If not, can a after market one be installed? Was going for the Dynavin but the whole two separate OS in one unit seamed too complex. Great job!!
mxsoto15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #117
nightwind

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj127 View Post
My phone is paired to the AVIN unit via BlueTooth and I have a few questions.
  1. When I get an incoming call, how do I make it ring on the car's speakers?
  2. Also, I have over 800 contacts on my phone/Gmail. Is there a way to only sync a specific list of people via the BT phonebook sync to speed it up?
  3. Is there a way to make the unit remember the phonebook contents so it does not need to sync every time the phone connects to the unit?
Thanks,
Jared
+1
I'm looking to buy this or a Dynavin for my E46 and I want to make sure this does what I need it to do before I decide. If only the phone rings and not the car's speakers, it will be a disappointment.
nightwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #118
ELCID86

My Ride: 2004 330i (ZHP) x2
Quote:
Hello everyone!

I have registered on this forum to let you guys know that I just purchased the X5 version.
I do have factory NAV so I will have to use the 6 meter cable.

I ordered the:
x5 head unit
6 meter extension cable
bluetooth obd2 adapter
3G USB Modem

I will post here after I install this. Will not be until after Christmas (Dec 26-28) hopefully.

P.S. I hope I did not upset anyone by registering on this forum for this reason, I do not own a E46
Interested in your results or anyone else who has installed w/ OEM Nav. --and welcome.
ELCID86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #119
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Looks good. I hope someone makes an independent comprehensive review soon. My Dynavin v5 still brings smile to my face The Avin may bring a bigger smile.

Does the Avin
1. have the same glare on the screen during daylight
2. Screams loud (vol) when unit is switched from any source to radio mode
3. have better audio/video quality compared to Dynavin
4. Internal fan works overtime to cool down a 'hot' unit

ps: Are tommy and jeff business partners

Last edited by BrutaL; 12-15-2013 at 06:50 AM.
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #120
nut

My Ride: 04 LSB M3 SMG
Quote:
I can confirm this since I just finished installation a few days ago with backup camera.

There's a slight starting/closing delay(like 1 sec) when reversed gear but works great once get used to this delay (yes, you have to be cautious when backing up so the delay is not that bad).

Here's a video link if you want to check out:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...215_073047.mp4

Hope this helps

•Koni Yellow + Eibach
•VMR VB3 19" + Ventus V12 EVO K110
•Brembo GT 355mm 6pods + 345mm 4pods
•Headlamp retrofit: S2k projector + 85122cm + eas AE
•Avin Avant 2 + BU cam, Alpine PDX F4 + RS audio BASE, JL 600/1v3 + 10W7
•SCSL dual CF trunk
•E90 key retrofit w/ greater remote distance! + Start Engine button mod
•Auto-fold side mirror retrofit

Last edited by nut; 12-15-2013 at 07:42 AM.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, avant, avin, dynavin, eonon, m3evolution