E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
Lunatic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 185
My Ride: 2000 328ci
m3 break calipers vs non-m

I'm looking to upgrade my breaks I've already bought cross drilled and sloted rotors and good break pads and new e-break shoes and it breaks like a charm.........now I want new calipers but none of the big name brands like brembo, stoptech, bear sell just calipers so now I'm stuck looking at BMW OEM ones.......so what better than M right? So I wana know if there is actually any difference between my oem e46 328ci ones and OEM M3 break calipers. They are almost identical in looks so idk.........help lol or if u know where I can get my hands on performance calipers ie, brembo, bear, stoptech ect. That would be awesome lol
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
emgee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: new york
Posts: 194
My Ride: 3 pedal 2005 325xi
Brakes
__________________
emgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
intelone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Camp Pendleton
Posts: 449
My Ride: e46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by emgee View Post
Brakes


__________________

intelone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,465
My Ride: JDM
break.

Of course they're different.
__________________
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
Firstboost
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Bay
Posts: 109
My Ride: 2006 Tiag ZCP
Baer, actually.

You can find any of the above that sell performance braking calipers, you just need to buy the entire big brake kit. I'm curious... if you had intended to buy the entire brake setup(calipers, rotors, pads), then why didn't you just buy a BBK to start with?

If I were you, I'd start asking vendors these types of questions, since they sell the parts.
Firstboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
Lunatic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 185
My Ride: 2000 328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelone View Post


Lmfao oops
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #7
Lunatic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 185
My Ride: 2000 328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstboost View Post
Baer, actually.

You can find any of the above that sell performance braking calipers, you just need to buy the entire big brake kit. I'm curious... if you had intended to buy the entire brake setup(calipers, rotors, pads), then why didn't you just buy a BBK to start with?

If I were you, I'd start asking vendors these types of questions, since they sell the parts.
Idk I wasn't planning on upgrading the whole kit I had a cracked rotor and the guy doing my sub frame reinforcement said he couldn't release my car unless it was replaced so I thought y not buy performance rotors and so I did and now I'm stuck I dont wana buy the entire kit cuz I already have everything EXCEPT the calipers
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
Firstboost
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Bay
Posts: 109
My Ride: 2006 Tiag ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
Idk I wasn't planning on upgrading the whole kit I had a cracked rotor and the guy doing my sub frame reinforcement said he couldn't release my car unless it was replaced so I thought y not buy performance rotors and so I did and now I'm stuck I dont wana buy the entire kit cuz I already have everything EXCEPT the calipers
Understandable.

My advice is this..

Research the Porsche 996 semi-BBK upgrade that some guys do for their E46 M3's. I'm not sure if it works on standard E46 3 series, but it's worth a shot to find out.

Here is some information I found on google:

http://www.rallyroad.net/content/bmw...apter-brackets

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=379081

Good luck!
Firstboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
Lunatic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 185
My Ride: 2000 328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstboost View Post
Understandable.

My advice is this..

Research the Porsche 996 semi-BBK upgrade that some guys do for their E46 M3's. I'm not sure if it works on standard E46 3 series, but it's worth a shot to find out.

Here is some information I found on google:

http://www.rallyroad.net/content/bmw...apter-brackets

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=379081

Good luck!
Thanks bro
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #10
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member
 
BigDRick323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,426
My Ride: 2000 323i
Will this work on non-m's confirmation?
__________________

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use