E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Acts238

My Ride: 325
Bavarian Auto Recycling / www.bmrparts.com

GREY AREA SCAMMERS: If you have Time&Money to waste then I'd say go ahead and try them out, but as for me and my experience so far it has Not been pleasant, atm I have only 1 car and I need to get it running Asap, I don't have time to spend playing Tag with a Rack&Pinion I purchased from them, it came in a very timely manner but when I opened the box the part was very Dirty & dings and nicks all over, don't get me wrong its only Superficial damage but their Website did say ": All Parts are Cleaned, Tested, and Guaranteed", as I rotated the part I noticed a vertical crack about 4" long and looked deep, not no scratch. I find it hard to believe it was Tested or Cleaned. So I find myself on the phone trying to describe my issues with the part. And the sales guy says I personally viewed the item(highly doubt it), and there's no way it could have been damaged during S&H. Also REMEMBER no Refunds without a 35% Restocking fee. I should have read these forums before I considered dealing with them, now I'm stuck dealing with them. If I lived closer I would have definitely went to their business to view the item I needed before purchasing.
Acts238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acts238 View Post
GREY AREA SCAMMERS: If you have Time&Money to waste then I'd say go ahead and try them out, but as for me and my experience so far it has Not been pleasant, atm I have only 1 car and I need to get it running Asap, I don't have time to spend playing Tag with a Rack&Pinion I purchased from them, it came in a very timely manner but when I opened the box the part was very Dirty & dings and nicks all over, don't get me wrong its only Superficial damage but their Website did say ": All Parts are Cleaned, Tested, and Guaranteed", as I rotated the part I noticed a vertical crack about 4" long and looked deep, not no scratch. I find it hard to believe it was Tested or Cleaned. So I find myself on the phone trying to describe my issues with the part. And the sales guy says I personally viewed the item(highly doubt it), and there's no way it could have been damaged during S&H. Also REMEMBER no Refunds without a 35% Restocking fee. I should have read these forums before I considered dealing with them, now I'm stuck dealing with them. If I lived closer I would have definitely went to their business to view the item I needed before purchasing.
Always pay with a credit card. You'd be surprised by the level of support you'll get from a good bank.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
lszlszx

My Ride: 328i, XC70
The company gets a lot of bad reviews, yet people on the board keep recommending it.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
Encryption76
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 328i
Send a message via MSN to Encryption76 Send a message via Skype™ to Encryption76
I want to chime in my .02 on this company.

Bought a set of A-pillars for my ride from these guys through e-bay and after about 2 weeks when I seen that my parts hadn't shipped yet I decided to give them a call. After about a week of playing phone tag, I finally was able to speak to someone about my purchase and as it turns out, they didn't even have any in stock. They did refund my money but that was three weeks wasted.

Don't think I will do business with them again. It was just cosmetic pillar covers for me but had it been something time sensitive that I needed in order to get my car on the road, I think I would have blown a gasket over that.
Encryption76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
2003silver330i

My Ride: 03 BMW 330i
The only time I order parts from them is through ebay because of the buyers protection guarantee. For as bad as ebay is for sellers they are quick to refund money back to the buyer when there is an issue.

2003silver330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
Cavi Mike
Banned User

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Send a message via AIM to Cavi Mike Send a message via MSN to Cavi Mike Send a message via Yahoo to Cavi Mike
Agree with only making purchases through eBay.

I really gotta laugh at the people who scoff at eBay or "eGay" or "fleaBay" or whatever other stupid nickname you have for it. Those same people are the ones complaining when they purchase direct from the company and then get the run-around when their parts are defective. Open your eyes. There's very little protection for you if you buy direct from the company. Buy it through eBay and to make it even more safe for you, use PayPal. The guy that started this thread would already have his money back if he did.

/thread
Cavi Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
lszlszx

My Ride: 328i, XC70
^ Great suggestions!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci

I agree. I love ebay and had I ever had a discrepancy with any product or not receiving a product or being sent the wrong product a quick message to seller resolved it. eBay sellers are fighting against stiff competition and any negative feedback can significantly reduce sales. Of course all sellers strive to keep their feedback % at 100 but in the real world there's always going to be someone unhappy.
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci

Also I've never ordered from them but I suppose they receive a lot of publicity on this forum because they sponsor this site with funds. Eventually, the zealous fanatics here care not about the razzle dazzle a company tries. We only care about it doing as the product claims it does without blowing smoke up our ass. The collective knowledge of members on here weren't born yesterday. With research and information on this car over 95% complete, you're not going to get one past us
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #10
ti317

Ha! I decided to take a look at their site for myself. All day I have been getting the Healthcare.gov message all day. The site works ok till you drill down to look at parts.

Then you get "Our system is currently down for maintenance. It will be back online in about 30 minutes. Thanks"

It's been 8 hours.
Ironic.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #11
ti317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavi Mike View Post
Agree with only making purchases through eBay.

I really gotta laugh at the people who scoff at eBay or "eGay" or "fleaBay" or whatever other stupid nickname you have for it. Those same people are the ones complaining when they purchase direct from the company and then get the run-around when their parts are defective. Open your eyes. There's very little protection for you if you buy direct from the company. Buy it through eBay and to make it even more safe for you, use PayPal. The guy that started this thread would already have his money back if he did.

/thread
True. I have never had an unresolved issue buying through eBay and using PayPal.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #12
zxxzvzxcbxzcbzxc
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
Always pay with a credit card. You'd be surprised by the level of support you'll get from a good bank.
"good bank" is the key word here.
Bank of America is a piece of crap, $30 fee and then you get routed to a million different places and eventually get lost in the paperwork. Money down the drain.
zxxzvzxcbxzcbzxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #13
zxxzvzxcbxzcbzxc
Banned User

Quote:
True. I have never had an unresolved issue buying through eBay and using PayPal.
Same here. When it sucks is when you are the seller. Because Paypal almost universally sides on the side of the buyer. Return policy is meaningless. Which is excellent if you are the buyer. I feel safe when buying off ebay.

Amazon also has a great return policy. However Amazon also is probably more fair when it comes to selling things too, because if buyer doesn't return the item then you get a refund. On the flip side, if you're a buyer and you neglect to return the item on time, Amazon will re-charge you again for the item. If you return it after they re-charge you (within a time frame), they will still give you your money back again though.

So you're very safe when buying from Ebay or Amazon. Buy a crap item? No problem. Just ask for a refund. If they refuse, just file a PayPal claim and it may take a few weeks but paypal WILL decide in your favor and give you the refund!

So it's worth the risk to buy off ebay because the ONLY risk you're taking is not having the money you paid for a maximum of one month depending on how long it takes paypal to decide in your favor (they WILL decide in your favor). If you got a bad item, you can always return it.

Only problem comes if you buy something expensive and need the money back immediately. However if you are buying something expensive and can't afford to wait to get the money back, well then logic says you shouldn't be buying that expensive thing anyway! In this case, what you need is a budget, not that expensive thing you're trying to buy.

Oh yeah, only thing, NEVER!! EVER!! EVER!! buy a car or vehicle off ebay sight unseen!!! I tried it once, and long story short I got a bad car although I did in the end end up still making a profit when I resold it. But still. DON'T DO IT!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #14
hitbyastick

My Ride: 2002 325i
Mmmmm, I will search eBay first if I need say a used throttle body for a Ducati Monster S2R1000 or a used turbo for a diesel Mercedes, or a gearbox or steering wheel for an E46. I won't do eBay for something like a water pump or a set of Bilsteins. I don't like waiting for auctions to conclude to buy a part. Not all eBay items have a BIN price, and the ones that do are too much usually. Ebay just seems like a lot more hassle vs. just ordering from a reputable online vendor. There is a limit to how much hassle I will endure to save a few bucks.
hitbyastick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #15
Chocolate Lab

My Ride: 2000 328i black 5-sp
Same place got me on a camshaft position sensor a few years ago. I thought I was buying a BMW part, but when I got it the thing was obviously an aftermarket cheapo part, which is a big no-no on the CPS. I called the guy and he was basically a total jerk. Wouldn't refund my money and said the part was tested working so what did it matter. I told him I didn't get what I meant to buy and had barely taken the thing out of the box, much less used it, so why couldn't I return it?

After going back and forth for a while (I couldn't believe a return would be this difficult in this day and age) he said I could return it but was a total ass about it, like he was doing me some huge favor. I just kept it because it was so cheap, but I learned the guy (I assume he was the owner?) was a total asshole and I'd never do business with them again.

Last edited by Chocolate Lab; 11-16-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Chocolate Lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #16
hitbyastick

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
Same place got me on a camshaft position sensor a few years ago. I thought I was buying a BMW part, but when I got it the thing was obviously an aftermarket cheapo part, which is a big no-no on the CPS. I called the guy and he was basically a total jerk. Wouldn't refund my money and said the part was tested working so what did it matter. I told him I didn't get what I meant to buy and had barely taken the thing out of the box, much less used it, so why couldn't I return it?

After going back and forth for a while (I couldn't believe a return would be this difficult in this day and age) he said I could return it but was a total ass about it, like he was doing me some huge favor. I just kept it because it was so cheap, but I learned the guy (I assume he was the owner?) was a total asshole and I'd never do business with them again.
I hope you aren't admitting you actually bought a used camshaft position sensor. :facepalm:

Only new, only OE for that particular item. You should have known better.:nono:

That's kind of like buying used underwear. Wrong place to save money.
hitbyastick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #17
Swater330i

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitbyastick View Post
I hope you aren't admitting you actually bought a used camshaft position sensor. :facepalm:

Only new, only OE for that particular item. You should have known better.:nono:

That's kind of like buying used underwear. Wrong place to save money.
Where did you get the information that he bought it used?
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureSubie View Post
IMO, the euro clear corners looks too aftermarket/ricey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davconelectric View Post
This 323 would most likely handle and drive better than a stock e46 m3.
Swater330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #18
zxxzvzxcbxzcbzxc
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitbyastick View Post
Mmmmm, I will search eBay first if I need say a used throttle body for a Ducati Monster S2R1000 or a used turbo for a diesel Mercedes, or a gearbox or steering wheel for an E46. I won't do eBay for something like a water pump or a set of Bilsteins. I don't like waiting for auctions to conclude to buy a part. Not all eBay items have a BIN price, and the ones that do are too much usually. Ebay just seems like a lot more hassle vs. just ordering from a reputable online vendor. There is a limit to how much hassle I will endure to save a few bucks.
Personally I never do the auctions. It's a hassle. Check the box for BUY IT NOW only. Success.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #19
ti317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swater330i View Post
Where did you get the information that he bought it used?
They only sell used parts there. Hence the name "recyclers".
Old 11-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #20
Swater330i

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i 5MT
Quote:
They only sell used parts there. Hence the name "recyclers".
But... could someone be that dumb to buy a used sensor? :loco:
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureSubie View Post
IMO, the euro clear corners looks too aftermarket/ricey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davconelectric View Post
This 323 would most likely handle and drive better than a stock e46 m3.

Last edited by Swater330i; 11-16-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Swater330i is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bavarian auto recycling, www.bmrparts.com