E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Who needs a badge..........

De-badge makes a nice sleeper. How many E46 owners de-badge? I see a few out here. First thing I did was take off the M5 emblem. I think the only badge I would ever keep is a Dinan badge after the 10 points, I did that last time but blacked it out. If I put a M5 badge back on...it will be the blacked out one.

What do you guys think about it? Is it crazy for a M owner to take off badges?

Another thing...I have no issues with any BMW owner with some M parts...just a tribute having a ///M badge. As long as it is not a E46 with a M3 badge. I had ///M badges on my E46.

For reference...my last E46: Fanatic for many of years, plenty of times Porsche and BMW owner.

Hell, I want some of my old silver and carbon fiber stuff on the interior of my M5 now. Damn...all the money I spent over the years. So.....what makes a badge?

Last edited by carcus; 11-17-2013 at 01:02 AM.
carcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #2
carcus

Some people said the 911 emblem under the Carrera badge was not right. Damn....I miss that car but hope this E60 M5 I dub.."Lord Vader" treats me right.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #3
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
I debadge all my (sport) cars. Even the M3. But I don't think I would debadge that M5. With the sound of that engine you're not much of a "sleeper" to anyone.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #4
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
I debadge all my (sport) cars. Even the M3. But I don't think I would debadge that M5. With the sound of that engine you're not much of a "sleeper" to anyone.
No, it actually looks more normal than my friends M3. He will never debadge. I have no issues with it. But I have no issues with ///M stuff. There are only 8,800 of these beasts out there that were sold in the US. Most people would not notice without the M5 besides the quad exhaust it was something different.

I hate to say it, the M3 looks better!!! I am humble to it, but the M5 with the F1 V10 is probably the last true NA M you will ever see.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #5
carcus

Also...I kinda cried a little trading in the Porsche for the M5. Yes, the Porsche was much slower, but it was so simple and fun. The looks were classic. I spent over 10K on upkeep for it to make it bullet proof. The M5 will be a maintenance nightmare. I am prepared for that. You do not get a $90,000 car used and have no plans for saving for upkeep.

But, unless in M mode...the V-10 sounds like shite without an exhaust. Right now, just happy to be back as a Fanatic.

Being a BMW Fanatic....I just had the call back. The V10 was just such an awesome engine. Most 3 series owners can find one of these M5 at a good price. The upkeep is what makes me miss the simple E46 repairs you could do.

I set out to get a 2002 Tii, a V-10 M5, or a 8 series while I was having fun with the Porsche. But a badge is just a badge. I love the German stuff!!!
Old 11-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #6
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post

Hell, I want some of my old silver and carbon fiber stuff on the interior of my M5 now. Damn...all the money I spent over the years. So.....what makes a badge?
This is one of the fastest looking slow cars I've seen.

Toyota Corolla killer with white tiger stripes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
The e46 M3 is by far the most boring and worst M3 that BMW has made to date.
It's amazing to me that a non M E46 is such a beautiful car but the E46 M has never done much for me.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:55 AM   #7
carcus

Same as your Corolla killer....but not up to the standards I had at the time. Glad you got a E46 cheap and have the I got a BMW attitude.

Last edited by carcus; 11-17-2013 at 02:09 AM.
carcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:08 AM   #8
Cavi Mike
Banned User

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Send a message via AIM to Cavi Mike Send a message via MSN to Cavi Mike Send a message via Yahoo to Cavi Mike
What are you on about?
Cavi Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:13 AM   #9
ac_2007

Quote:
Same as your Corolla killer....but not up to the standards I had at the time. Glad you got a E46 cheap and have the I got a BMW attitude.

I wish I could quote all 5 versions of what you keep editing.

With each post, your monkey tree rustles more of its jimmies

Quote:
It's amazing to me that a non M E46 is such a beautiful car but the E46 M has never done much for me.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:13 AM   #10
carcus

LOL......never mind....I guess some of the new E46 owners getting them for under 7 grand now think the badge is special. Forgot the high school kids. At least we have a good gun forum left here.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:17 AM   #11
Cavi Mike
Banned User

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Send a message via AIM to Cavi Mike Send a message via MSN to Cavi Mike Send a message via Yahoo to Cavi Mike
You started the thread, not us. I think you just did it to whore out your 911 anyways. What, the 911 boards get annoyed with you so you decided to post it over here?
Cavi Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:29 AM   #12
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavi Mike View Post
You started the thread, not us. I think you just did it to whore out your 911 anyways. What, the 911 boards get annoyed with you so you decided to post it over here?
LOL, 911 is gone. Pics of the old E46 were just posted to show what you can do with them, those E46 pictures of my old car apparently are putting candy on a turd from what one of the current members said. Never mind. End Thread. Post was about emblems.

Now....I will leave with the last thought I got educated on ...you guys have Corolla killers no matter what you do to them. Forgot, I owned an E46 and made those mods many years ago.

Emblems and Marks are your thing.....got that. That was the point of the thread...and I get it now.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:34 AM   #13
ac_2007

I only said it looked fast

Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 02:42 AM   #14
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
I only said it looked fast
I only posted the E46 pics to show what I did many years ago. Was not being a jerk about it. Yes, the car was slow but fine for me and I love the E46. I have been a member for several years. Posted the pics as a timeline if what I have traded in.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:51 AM   #15
carcus

No offense to any E46 owner, but I did not like the Corolla comment. I spent lots of time and money on my E46, spent many years on this site giving advice. M56 specific. I also posted this as being humble to not having a badge or it does not bother me. The interior pics were to show I had ///M badges an M3. Now, if you guys think me as a long time E46 fanatic is a richard cranium showing what I have upgraded to...that is not my issue. I have no issues with the Porsche boards or BMW boards. Even with my Porsche, I spent time and money on it. The E46 shows what I do to cars. Now the M5 was just to show some of the old memebers who might have remembered my old E46. If people take that the wrong way in this thread.....I slap on the M5 badge and you guys all have no M series and suck. LOL...total opposite of the post, but I am OK with that.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:54 AM   #16
ac_2007

You're overthinking this way too much.

I can confirm to you your old E46 would've easily beaten a corolla.

Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 02:56 AM   #17
carcus

And, the Porsche plates on the BMW were the day I got the car after I traded in my 911 at the Porsche dealer....they tend to put on dealer plates......this picture was from when I got it after trading in the 911 at the Porsche dealer. The M5 emblem is now gone and the lame dealer plates. So aggro here. But would like to say at least one former E46 member scored 1 out of 8800 us imported M5 models.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:00 AM   #18
GhostFlame

My Ride: LSB/HPF
Quote:
And, the Porsche plates on the BMW were the day I got the car after I traded in my 911 at the Porsche dealer....they tend to put on dealer plates......this picture was from when I got it after trading in the 911 at the Porsche dealer. The M5 emblem is now gone and the lame dealer plates. So aggro here. But would like to say at least one former E46 member scored 1 out of 8800 us imported M5 models.
Who gives 1 in 8800 shits
Old 11-17-2013, 03:16 AM   #19
carcus

See ya on the roads Fanatics.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:26 AM   #20
hitbyastick

My Ride: 2002 325i
How about some photos of the 5. I want to see more of it. I do kind of get the impression that you're in here bragging. See my Porsche. See my M5 badge on my 1911 armorer's bench mat. See my M56 SULEV with the Dinan hinged strut bar and carbon fiber Gruppe M intake.

I mean WTF?

I really like that 5 and I'm happy for you, but enough already. And I still haven't seen any real photos of it(save for the one in your sig which shows it still on the showroom floor), just read all your posts bragging about it and being philosophical about M badges. Bring it if you really got it already, show us what a big spender you is. And show us also the rest of your house, so we can see if it's in the same league as the car. I guess after you bought that $90,000 car used you probably didn't have enough scrilla left over to paint the garage. It's understandable.

You see, you own(allegedly, because of that M5) an M5 and this is the e46fanatics forum not the e60fanatics forum. You're in the wrong place bragging heavily about the wrong car to the wrong group of people. Of course you're going to annoy somebody.
hitbyastick is offline   Reply With Quote