E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #41
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Who needs a badge..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiEtr View Post
de-badging an M5 screams classy...
Actually no. Classy M5 would be one that's none stock. Classy mofos typically don't mod cars at all

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #42
Ugur Ekim

My Ride: 325Ci 2001
V10 M5 any day.. you will not miss your porsche when you give full throttle on this beast............... Heck, if i own a F10 M5 i would trade it for a E60 M5 in perfect condition, low mileage, 2010 model, SMG III !!! Any day :p
Ugur Ekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #43
breadvanracing

My Ride: E46 328Ci, Z3 MC
Worst...... shifter...... ever.
breadvanracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #44
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
My feelings are not hurt
Been a long time E46 Fanatic and never said anything bad about them. Been a Porsche Fanatic also. Just came home and went back to BMW. My point was a badge or emblem does not make a car...it is the fun you have with it. Tons of people debadge their cars to make them look like faster cars...what if I took off my M5 badge to make it look slower, more like a sleeper.

The old school guys here know I have contributed much to the forum, especially on the M56 SULEV. I supported the sponsors and have been here quite a while. The pics of the cars were not to be a prick, but to show what I have changed to, modified, and then came back to BMW. If you guys take it the wrong way....might be your issue.

As far as Rolex and watches, bling and blang...check out the E46 for sale forum and tell me what some of the things are on there for sale. Me, I just like BMW, Porsche and guns. I have no issues with any member here and this was just to show some of the old school E46 members...I came up with....back to my BMW love.

Guess that gets me hated here, or pisses off some people. I am by no far rich, and all these cars are up for sale on the market for most people under $30 grand used.

First time I really felt the pain here coming back to BMW....from this forum at least.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #45
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugur Ekim View Post
V10 M5 any day.. you will not miss your porsche when you give full throttle on this beast............... Heck, if i own a F10 M5 i would trade it for a E60 M5 in perfect condition, low mileage, 2010 model, SMG III !!! Any day :p
Once I got all the I Drive settings figured out, and the M mode to S6....all I can say is WOW!!! Just wanted the E60 M5 for the last of the real M engines non turbo. Again, glad to be back in the BMW seat, but miss the Porsche. I have nothing to say bad about either of them. 2 different cars. Sad thing is...this will have more maintenance issues than my 911. And in my 3 years with that, spent over $10 grand on upkeep. That is cheap from what I understand the M5 will cost upkeep wise. Got my savings plan started.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #46
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadvanracing View Post
Worst...... shifter...... ever.
From your personal experience behind the wheel? You drove one?
Old 11-19-2013, 11:39 PM   #47
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snik View Post
Actually no. Classy M5 would be one that's none stock. Classy mofos typically don't mod cars at all

This car will not be modded besides a little exhaust upgrade, matte black front grills and side grills. Everything else is perfect.

Besides the red demon eye upgrades I might get a ticket for.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #48
VishTheFish

My Ride: Ex M54B30 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
This car will not be modded besides a little exhaust upgrade, matte black front grills and side grills. Everything else is perfect.

Besides the red demon eye upgrades I might get a ticket for.
I love your m5 carcus, upload more pics please! It looks perfect (to me) the way it is. I wouldn't debadge it, I'd be proud of what it is- plus you aren't fooling anyone with that exhaust note!

Also with your e46, why did you have the carbon fiber intake on the front that didn't connect to anything (the piece that would normally connect to the OE intake box)? You already had the Gruppe intake, it kind of looks out of place in my opinion. Something about aftermarket intakes in the e46 just look out of place to me. The only one I ever thought looked nice was the BMW performance intake?

Awesome cars none the less. It's nice to see some of the older members come back.

** Removed - Tim330i **
VishTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #49
BaliDawg

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
Wow, I cannot believe no one said this yet...

"BADGES? We don't need no stinkin' badges!!!!!"
- Blazing Saddles
BaliDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:00 AM   #50
ANREC330

My Ride: C6 Vette & M3
Who needs a badge..........

I don't think I'd ever debadge an M car. When I bought a CSL trunk for my M3 I threw on the badge after about two days because I payed for the name and performance. That being said my car is so far from stock that in no way could it be considered a sleeper

ANREC330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #51
mtnbound
Town Clown

My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post

The OP was a regular poster here for years, still good to see him back into a BMW again. Nice move, even if the nOObs have come out to on your thread. Ignore the teenagers who now degrade our beloved BMWs and lower the forum's intelligence.
^^^ this x 1,000,000,000

Congrats on the M5....ignore the foolishness.
mtnbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:05 AM   #52
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpersav View Post
I love your m5 carcus, upload more pics please! It looks perfect (to me) the way it is. I wouldn't debadge it, I'd be proud of what it is- plus you aren't fooling anyone with that exhaust note!

Also with your e46, why did you have the carbon fiber intake on the front that didn't connect to anything (the piece that would normally connect to the OE intake box)? You already had the Gruppe intake, it kind of looks out of place in my opinion. Something about aftermarket intakes in the e46 just look out of place to me. The only one I ever thought looked nice was the BMW performance intake?

Awesome cars none the less. It's nice to see some of the older members come back.
Good questions, the carbon fiber front radiator cover worked with the OEM air box, I then upgraded to the Gruppe M that did not have the tube that connected to that as seen in the pics, ended up selling the front carbon fiber radiator surround to another member and going back to my Dinan air box.

Thanks for the kind words on the cars. This is my 4th BMW and went through tons of mods over the years. This one I am laying off the carbon fiber. I normally debadged most of my cars. I do have a matte black M5 emblem for the car though. Also, the exhaust does not sound well on the V10 at all, unless you downshift and bark it. Might be just used to the Porsche exhaust though. 2 different cars, still getting used to the M5
Old 11-20-2013, 02:15 AM   #53
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbound View Post
^^^ this x 1,000,000,000

Congrats on the M5....ignore the foolishness.
Thanks guys, and I was not trying to be a chode. Just an old member coming back after lots of years and posting the cars I went through. Not like I own all three of these cars. I do miss the E46 and the 911. They were both great cars. The E46 was bullet proof!!!! The Porsche cost me about 10 grand in upkeep...this M5 I imagine will cost me a heck of alot more.

Performance wise...the M5 is the fastest car I have ever driven bar none!!! The SMG sucks for day to day driving. MPG and gas I got that covered, no big deal.

Again, not here to rag on BMW or anything, several E46 members have traded in cars over the years. Yes, as any car gets older...this was once a 95K car...we can all get them. The Porsche I got a great deal on also. I got my E46 when used when they were still building them.

For the young guys that got a BMW or Porsche...sweet!!!! Lots of info on this great forum for you. Especially as the car gets high miles. Some of you will move on to a E90X or something different. It happens. BMW and German cars are an addiction. Just make sure you have a savings account for repairs. Also, know that the car you get, might not be cheap to get performance out of. The Porsche and the M5 are pretty much what you get.............all mods are not worth the money besides looks or comfort...or just sound.
The pics of my E46 can show that. Was a beauty though!!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 02:21 AM   #54
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANREC330 View Post
I don't think I'd ever debadge an M car. When I bought a CSL trunk for my M3 I threw on the badge after about two days because I payed for the name and performance. That being said my car is so far from stock that in no way could it be considered a sleeper

Understood, but the M3 stands out so much more than the M5. The E60 5 series just looks like a tank and I can pull off the sleeper look much easier. For some reason, the WRX STI owners can kinda tell what it is much more than the Porsche though. In the Porsche...I was surrounded by WRX and Civic owners like bees. This 4 door I want to just black out and look like a 5 series.

Matte black grills and side grills are on the way right now. I would debadge the side grills, but only the M5 came with side grills so guess that is pointless.

And the M3 standing out more is not an insult. It looks much more sports car as the M5. That comment was not supposed to be a degrade. The M5 looks like a wolf in sheep clothing. Besides the side grill. Also, the exhaust of the M3 sounds better. The V10 sounds like a diesel...unless it is in M mode. I just like finally having a car people let me drive without a challenge. The E46 looked aggressive, got people wanting to race every day. Traded in for the 911..same thing...this I hope just stays on the down low.

Last edited by carcus; 11-20-2013 at 02:25 AM.
carcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:51 AM   #55
330iPilot

My Ride: Titanium Silver 330i
Debadging cars screams teenager and ghetto. You want your car to look like a kids car? Then go ahead and debadge it.
330iPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:09 AM   #56
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iPilot View Post
Debadging cars screams teenager and ghetto. You want your car to look like a kids car? Then go ahead and debadge it.
this is actually the opposite of who does this. guess you have never been into the high performace tuner scene
Old 11-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #57
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian

My Ride: E46, E30, Quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iPilot View Post
Kids put badges and stickers all over their cars. The automatic 323's with M3 badges are always driven by kids. I would know, just by looking into my college parking lots.

2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"
1990 Audi 90 Quattro Sport 20v "Chloe"

Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #58
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
this is actually the opposite of who does this. guess you have never been into the high performace tuner scene
Actually, you're both right.

You've never seen a regular 323 debadged here?
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #59
mr ilia

My Ride: 04 BMW 325ci 5spd
I do not understand, why would some people camouflage the auto shifter to resemble the stick...

Well, anyways...Was your 911 tiptonic? I'm thinking about getting one for my wife.

Congrats on the M5. V10 is my favorite BMW engine.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #60
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Ignore the hate. I wouldn't debadge, but there's nothing wrong with doing so. If anything it'll make the r!cers leave you alone.