E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
E25i46

My Ride: 2004 325ci ZSP/ZPP
Idle Issues

So in the past three weeks I've been a paranoid about my car. First off I got and SES after over taking a car and it was P0304, replace the coil and the SES never turned after. But with that it made me notice my idle, the rpm would bounce between 620-590 in Drive (Steptronic) and vibrate while I'm at a stop sign and foot on the brake. So I cleaned the DISA, ICV and TB, spark plugs are NGK platinum and is less than 2000 miles with recent oil change. Replaced the lower and upper intake boots but still would show symptoms of the low idle in gear. So, next step I did was do the fuel filter, CCV, Valve cover gasket OFHG and did the Cooling system refresh and still have the low idle in gear but the vibration went away, although I can feel in my foot while stepping on the brake a kind like pulsing sensation while on brakes. But just this afternoon as I was driving home and it was raining here in the Bay Area, every time I brake hard the rpm stays above 600-700 and it wouldn't fluctuate and just sit there. But if I slow down and brake gently to a complete stop it would dip under 500 mark and slowly creep to 600+. Currently my next to-do-list is the vanos seals, tranny and engine mounts and fuel pump. I'm exhausted with the idea of chasing this vaccum leak. My car is 2004 325ci with 114300 miles. Has anybody dealt with this or experience the same thing I'm going thru?
E25i46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #2
Mflara20

My Ride: 2002 330xi
Idle Issues

I might not help you but you might want to check this out. It's the sucking jet pump from the brake booster. I change mine to this one and I never had idle problems again.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1384930746.680503.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	535502
Mflara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
E25i46

My Ride: 2004 325ci ZSP/ZPP
Thanks I'll look into this. I've been toying with the hard braking and you may have a point on this. Cause I'm slowly come to a stop it seems the idle dips but won't when I brake erratically or slammed on the brakes. Do you know the part number on this? Thanks.
E25i46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
Mflara20

My Ride: 2002 330xi
Idle Issues

No but just google it and I'm pretty sure you'll find it.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Mflara20 is offline   Reply With Quote