E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 01:53 AM   #41
southcounty92629

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian@Enfig View Post
Dension is in the certification process with apple. So there is no ETA. But it will be sold separately when it is available.
Great to hear something is in the works at least. I placed my order for the unit and it shipped today. Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited to get this hooked up. I'll give a shout out and reply when its all hooked up.
southcounty92629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #42
ELCID86

My Ride: 2004 330i (ZHP) x2
Quote:
Call me up the parts needed are not on the site yet.
Will do.
ELCID86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #43
ToddK1970

My Ride: 323i
This is a quick review. My car is a 2000 323i with a business cd.

I placed the order and used the cyber Monday deal. The adapter arrived in a couple of days! I have had it for a couple of weeks and just got time to install it. Install was simple, I did check out Christian's video so I could get an idea of where to position the original connector.

Instead of running the Iphone and aux cable down the passenger side I decided to drill a small hole in the storage compartment above the ash tray. The cables fit well in there and are out of the way. Buttoned everything back up and tested it out. It works awesome!! I tested an Ipod, Iphone and a Samsung Galaxy! All worked great and the response time is quick.

I am so glad I saw the post and this great deal! If you are thinking of getting one go for it!!
ToddK1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #44
Christian@Enfig

My Ride: 2003 24V VR6 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddK1970 View Post
This is a quick review. My car is a 2000 323i with a business cd.

I placed the order and used the cyber Monday deal. The adapter arrived in a couple of days! I have had it for a couple of weeks and just got time to install it. Install was simple, I did check out Christian's video so I could get an idea of where to position the original connector.

Instead of running the Iphone and aux cable down the passenger side I decided to drill a small hole in the storage compartment above the ash tray. The cables fit well in there and are out of the way. Buttoned everything back up and tested it out. It works awesome!! I tested an Ipod, Iphone and a Samsung Galaxy! All worked great and the response time is quick.

I am so glad I saw the post and this great deal! If you are thinking of getting one go for it!!
Christian@Enfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #45
Busy

My Ride: 01 330xi
It'd be really nice if the fitment was listed on this advertisement, i.e 4:3 nav, 16:9 nav, non nav etc...
Busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #46
Christian@Enfig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy View Post
It'd be really nice if the fitment was listed on this advertisement, i.e 4:3 nav, 16:9 nav, non nav etc...
Right now we are only supporting the non nav business CD radios shown on the videos.

The Navigation radios require an extension cable that must be run from the trunk. We do not have this cable yet.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #47
Christian@Enfig

Old 01-14-2014, 07:27 AM   #48
Busy

My Ride: 01 330xi
Quote:
Right now we are only supporting the non nav business CD radios shown on the videos.

The Navigation radios require an extension cable that must be run from the trunk. We do not have this cable yet.
I wonder what sort of cable that would be, rca?
Busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #49
94jedi

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
I'll echo the post above. I installed this and everything works great. It's a solid unit and BT call quality is very good. Christian at Enfig sets the standard for customer service in this industry.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BimmerApp mobile app
94jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #50
Wolfpacker

My Ride: 2003 325xiT
Another endorsement from a happy customer. I ordered before Christmas and installed last night.

Prior to install, I had no AUX or iPod integration, and I chose this kit because it could give me what I wanted - one connection to get audio and handsfree with no wires running to my phone. The bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) is as good as AUX as far as I can tell. It connects quickly and reliably to my iPhone 5S. Amazing price and quality.

I can add some notes for anyone doing this install.
  • I did not need to pull out the center vents. I started to, using the technique in Christian's video:

However, I somehow pulled away the bottom of the front trim only, and then the fins in the vents started coming loose. It was a real mess so I stopped and got it back together. In the end, I was able to stuff the car-end of the harness up behind/under (or maybe to the back left of?) the vents without removing them at all.
  • I left the Dension box hidden in the cavity to the right of the storage and ashtray. I only plan to use the Bluetooth (it is that good) so its no issue to me that it's not accessible. If I change my mind I'd consider relocating it to the glovebox.
  • I ran the Bluetooth mic up to the stock location per Delmarco's install. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=720922 Tucking the wire in the A pillar was very hard in the top corner. I was worried that I was going to damage the wire, and had to use a couple different pry tools and much patience. If I had to do it again I think I would remove the trim. In the stock mic location, a bit of 3M velcro was good for securing the mic to the overhead panel.

I know its not possible, but the only things that could make this product perfect would be text on the radio when using A2DP, and full integration with the steering wheel phone buttons like the Connects2 + Parrot. I actually considered using this kit just for A2DP and getting the Connects2 + Parrot for handsfree, but it seems like the harnesses conflict and it would likely be madness to have 2 different bluetooth connections.
Wolfpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:56 AM   #51
Christian@Enfig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy View Post
I wonder what sort of cable that would be, rca?
It's a mini molex extension. I have a few if you are interested. Just call me up. We just aren't advertising it yest because we have under 10 extensions.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:53 AM   #52
Christian@Enfig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
I'll echo the post above. I installed this and everything works great. It's a solid unit and BT call quality is very good. Christian at Enfig sets the standard for customer service in this industry.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BimmerApp mobile app
Thanks
Old 01-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #53
94jedi

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
Thanks
I left a review on your site as well! Thanks again!
94jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #54
Arby1028

My Ride: 2002 330i Sedan
Christian - I have the Connects2 and Parrot Bluetooth set-up in my 2002 330i. I also have a 2007 BMW Business Radio installed and an OEM Sirius/XM unit as well. Will your iPod integration system work with my set-up?
Arby1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:43 AM   #55
wapner

My Ride: 05 Xi
Christian,
Any coupon codes currently available on the GBL3BM1 unit?

Thanks, I've messed around too long on tryin to make my oe system work. This seems to be the way to go.
wapner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #56
Christian@Enfig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby1028 View Post
Christian - I have the Connects2 and Parrot Bluetooth set-up in my 2002 330i. I also have a 2007 BMW Business Radio installed and an OEM Sirius/XM unit as well. Will your iPod integration system work with my set-up?
The parrot isn't the problem. The problem is that the Sirius tuner uses the port that the CD changer uses (all the Dension products use the CD changer port). So in order to connect to the system you actually have to connect to the Sirius tuner in the trunk using the 3 and 6 pin connectors.

What unit were you interested in?
Old 02-12-2014, 07:21 AM   #57
Christian@Enfig

Quote:
Originally Posted by wapner View Post
Christian,
Any coupon codes currently available on the GBL3BM1 unit?

Thanks, I've messed around too long on tryin to make my oe system work. This seems to be the way to go.
Give me till Monday. I'm doing a new coupon code I just have to figure it out.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:40 PM   #58
Stryfe76

My Ride: '99 328i Sport Pkg
Will this work on a 99 328i with the cassette deck and 6 disk changer in the trunk?
Old 02-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #59
Christian@Enfig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe76 View Post
Will this work on a 99 328i with the cassette deck and 6 disk changer in the trunk?
Yes it does... But you must disconnect the CD changer.

Last edited by Christian@Enfig; 02-20-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:24 AM   #60
wapner

My Ride: 05 Xi
Christian, sorry to ask a stupid question, but I'm finally ready to order and just make sure I'm getting the right thing....
My wifes car is a 2005 325xi, has single disc business CD. I primarily just need this thing for easy hands free phone calls for her via bluetooth with still using her steering wheels control. I was going to buy Dice, but I liked your easy video, and seems like a solid system. So again, just want to double checklist everything I need to get this orderd, and I'll put it in for her.

Thanks again!!
wapner is offline   Reply With Quote