E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #61
Christian@Enfig
*******
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Carlstadt NJ
Posts: 89
My Ride: 2003 24V VR6 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by wapner View Post
Christian, sorry to ask a stupid question, but I'm finally ready to order and just make sure I'm getting the right thing....
My wifes car is a 2005 325xi, has single disc business CD. I primarily just need this thing for easy hands free phone calls for her via bluetooth with still using her steering wheels control. I was going to buy Dice, but I liked your easy video, and seems like a solid system. So again, just want to double checklist everything I need to get this orderd, and I'll put it in for her.

Thanks again!!
No stupid questions... Id rather you ask than have you order the wrong parts.

http://enfigcarstereo.com/DENSION_GBL3BM1.html
http://enfigcarstereo.com/DENSION_IPO5DC9_NC.html optional
http://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_PPT_12345.html strongly recommended

I just got beta sw for activation of voice dial from the radio. Contact me in a month I want to try it first.
Christian@Enfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:22 AM   #62
wapner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 196
My Ride: 05 Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian@Enfig View Post
No stupid questions... Id rather you ask than have you order the wrong parts.

http://enfigcarstereo.com/DENSION_GBL3BM1.html
http://enfigcarstereo.com/DENSION_IPO5DC9_NC.html optional
http://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_PPT_12345.html strongly recommended

I just got beta sw for activation of voice dial from the radio. Contact me in a month I want to try it first.
Thanks for the walk through Christian! Will order everything from ya this Friday(pay day).
wapner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:10 AM   #63
Christian@Enfig
*******
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Carlstadt NJ
Posts: 89
My Ride: 2003 24V VR6 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by wapner View Post
Thanks for the walk through Christian! Will order everything from ya this Friday(pay day).
Call me first. I might have something for you. Since you like tinkering around so much lol...
Christian@Enfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:16 PM   #64
BMWMac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 61
My Ride: 325i
Christian,

This adapter looks great. Just what has been needed for the pre aux input stereos (like mine). I have a couple questions:

1. Any chance you might be offering a discount code in the near future? The price is certainly fair, but just thought I would ask.

2. I am thinking instead of just adding aux input, I might do a tablet install with a double din bezel. There are a lot of reasons I won't get into on why I'm doing the tablet install versus the dynavin type unit. A main reason is because when my car dies (which may happen sooner rather than later), I can simply pull the tablet out and have a working tablet. In any event, this has raised the following sub-issues:

2.a. If I do a tablet install, I would relocate the head unit to the glove box. Is the Enfig adapter long enough to reach to the glovebox? If not normally, is that a possibility?

2.b. I have thought of buying the Enfig adapter with bluetooth capabilities so I can have hands-free calling. If there was music playing through the tablet via the adapter's aux input, could I connect my phone via bluetooth and make and receive calls? Would the bluetooth override the aux input signal?

Thanks in advance for any answers you might have. In fact, if anyone else is reading this thread, I would love input on a tablet install and relocation of the head unit.
BMWMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:35 AM   #65
wapner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 196
My Ride: 05 Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian@Enfig View Post
Call me first. I might have something for you. Since you like tinkering around so much lol...
Awesome!! Will reach out to you on Friday. Thanks!
wapner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:49 PM   #66
BMWMac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 61
My Ride: 325i
Sorry to bump this thread again after only just a couple of days, but I am hoping to move forward buying parts for my tablet install.

My question for anybody that knows: if I bought the enfig bluetooth adapter with an aux input, what would be the interplay between bluetooth and the aux input. Would one override the other?

For example, if I had music playing through the aux-input and had my phone connected via bluetooth, would the music stop playing if I answered an incoming call? Or can I not even connect to bluetooth if the aux is plugged in?

Please, somebody smarter than me, help me out.
BMWMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #67
Christian@Enfig
*******
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Carlstadt NJ
Posts: 89
My Ride: 2003 24V VR6 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMac View Post
Sorry to bump this thread again after only just a couple of days, but I am hoping to move forward buying parts for my tablet install.

My question for anybody that knows: if I bought the enfig bluetooth adapter with an aux input, what would be the interplay between bluetooth and the aux input. Would one override the other?

For example, if I had music playing through the aux-input and had my phone connected via bluetooth, would the music stop playing if I answered an incoming call? Or can I not even connect to bluetooth if the aux is plugged in?

Please, somebody smarter than me, help me out.
Sorry for the delay. When we get swamped with installs we get backed up with emails and call backs.

I tried it on the bench and the aux does not shut off when you get a call.
Christian@Enfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #68
Christian@Enfig
*******
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Carlstadt NJ
Posts: 89
My Ride: 2003 24V VR6 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMac View Post
Christian,

This adapter looks great. Just what has been needed for the pre aux input stereos (like mine). I have a couple questions:

1. Any chance you might be offering a discount code in the near future? The price is certainly fair, but just thought I would ask.

2. I am thinking instead of just adding aux input, I might do a tablet install with a double din bezel. There are a lot of reasons I won't get into on why I'm doing the tablet install versus the dynavin type unit. A main reason is because when my car dies (which may happen sooner rather than later), I can simply pull the tablet out and have a working tablet. In any event, this has raised the following sub-issues:

2.a. If I do a tablet install, I would relocate the head unit to the glove box. Is the Enfig adapter long enough to reach to the glovebox? If not normally, is that a possibility?

2.b. I have thought of buying the Enfig adapter with bluetooth capabilities so I can have hands-free calling. If there was music playing through the tablet via the adapter's aux input, could I connect my phone via bluetooth and make and receive calls? Would the bluetooth override the aux input signal?

Thanks in advance for any answers you might have. In fact, if anyone else is reading this thread, I would love input on a tablet install and relocation of the head unit.

1. E46DEN is now active again and giving $20 off the unit again. Not sure how long its going to last.

2.The aux can be used with any cable so you pic the length. The BT unit car harness side is long enough to reach the radio.

Like I said above the aux does not cut out when you get a call. But I will ask dension if it can be programmed.
Christian@Enfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #69
Wolfpacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 14
My Ride: 2003 325xiT
I've been using bluetooth only for audio and handsfree. The BT audio is so good, you don't need AUX. And when using BT audio, it does pause the source until your call ends.

A few other notes. Using the instructions in the box or online at Dension I also got the business radio text to display "AUX GW" when playing BT Audio and "PHONE" when on a call. It's not actual audio text but looks nicer than the default "CD5/Track99". One other thing that is nice is if I get an incoming call, even if I am in another listening mode like FM Radio, "Phone" will flash on the radio screen to tell me to switch to the Gateway. Slick.
Wolfpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #70
Wolfpacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 14
My Ride: 2003 325xiT
duplicate post

Last edited by Wolfpacker; 03-11-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Wolfpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #71
Christian@Enfig
*******
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Carlstadt NJ
Posts: 89
My Ride: 2003 24V VR6 GLI
The unit can display song text on the radio but only in locked mode which has issues with the latest OS so I don't advertise it.

I also have beta software that activates voice dial when you hold down FF. (so next playlist when iPod is connected is eliminated)
Christian@Enfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #72
BMWMac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 61
My Ride: 325i
Excellent! Thanks for the replies Christian and Wolfpacker. I think I'm going to go ahead and buy the bluetooth unit. It sounds perfect!

Would either of you be willing to do one more test for me?

I want to stream music from a tablet via the bluetooth unit. At the same time, I want to have my phone paired with the bluetooth unit so I can have hands free calling.

Can the bluetooth unit be paired to both my tablet and my phone at the same time? If so, will the streaming music on the tablet stop when I answer a call on the phone?

I truly appreciate your answering all of my questions. I realize they are probably getting annoying at this point.
BMWMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:07 PM   #73
Ballistic325
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,191
My Ride: slow and steady
Hi

is there a product that you can recommend for an E83 X3? The car has CD player but no CD changer / nav. I would like to add bluetooth for voice / streaming, aux input and maybe iPod / iPhone. Must be able to use steering wheel buttons as here it is illegal to handle the phone whatsoever.

Thanks!
__________________

I can help with
* Reading Codes / Coding your car
* R&R FCAs, Tie Rods, Sway links....
* RTABs

Need an RTAB tool? Or clutch fan and water pump tools? PM me.
Ballistic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:07 PM   #74
Ballistic325
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,191
My Ride: slow and steady
Hi

is there a product that you can recommend for an E83 X3? The car has CD player but no CD changer / nav. I would like to add bluetooth for voice / streaming, aux input and maybe iPod / iPhone. Must be able to use steering wheel buttons as here it is illegal to handle the phone whatsoever.

Thanks!
__________________

I can help with
* Reading Codes / Coding your car
* R&R FCAs, Tie Rods, Sway links....
* RTABs

Need an RTAB tool? Or clutch fan and water pump tools? PM me.
Ballistic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:21 AM   #75
fourtysix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: canada
Posts: 21
My Ride: e46
any shipping love for us canadians? i dont mind waiting if you send it economy
$30 shipping stings.
looking to get the GBL3BM1
fourtysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #76
BMWMac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 61
My Ride: 325i
My GBL3BM1 adapter arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to test it out. So I hooked everything up outside of the dash to try it. IT WORKS AMAZINGLY WELL! I will do a more detailed review/write-up after I get everything installed. But for now I just wanted to plug this product. I did a lot of research on the best way to add aux input and bluetooth. IMO, this adapter is definitely the answer.

Also, to answer my question above, you can "pair" multiple devices to the bluetooth unit. When a call comes in on your phone, it will pause whatever is playing on the other device and will resume once the call is ended. This will be perfect for the tablet install that I'll be doing.

Great product!
BMWMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #77
Christian@Enfig
*******
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Carlstadt NJ
Posts: 89
My Ride: 2003 24V VR6 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic325 View Post
Hi

is there a product that you can recommend for an E83 X3? The car has CD player but no CD changer / nav. I would like to add bluetooth for voice / streaming, aux input and maybe iPod / iPhone. Must be able to use steering wheel buttons as here it is illegal to handle the phone whatsoever.

Thanks!
Call me up the GBL3BM4 will work but there is also a more advanced unit that I haven't tested so I haven't recommended it yet.
Christian@Enfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #78
Christian@Enfig
*******
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Carlstadt NJ
Posts: 89
My Ride: 2003 24V VR6 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtysix View Post
any shipping love for us canadians? i dont mind waiting if you send it economy
$30 shipping stings.
looking to get the GBL3BM1
Unfortunately economy cannot be insured. Blame the one guy that called us thieves and said we never sent it on a public forum when his package got lost for the reason we no longer ship economy.
Christian@Enfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #79
Christian@Enfig
*******
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Carlstadt NJ
Posts: 89
My Ride: 2003 24V VR6 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMac View Post
My GBL3BM1 adapter arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to test it out. So I hooked everything up outside of the dash to try it. IT WORKS AMAZINGLY WELL! I will do a more detailed review/write-up after I get everything installed. But for now I just wanted to plug this product. I did a lot of research on the best way to add aux input and bluetooth. IMO, this adapter is definitely the answer.

Also, to answer my question above, you can "pair" multiple devices to the bluetooth unit. When a call comes in on your phone, it will pause whatever is playing on the other device and will resume once the call is ended. This will be perfect for the tablet install that I'll be doing.

Great product!
Great to hear. Let me know if you want to test the new software.
Christian@Enfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #80
fourtysix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: canada
Posts: 21
My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian@Enfig View Post
Unfortunately economy cannot be insured. Blame the one guy that called us thieves and said we never sent it on a public forum when his package got lost for the reason we no longer ship economy.
fair enough.
will be placing my order this week. hopefully you can keep the coupon code active for me.

and im sure you wont know much about it, but i have the 320i that wasnt offered in the US. i have bus.class cd player with no amp in the trunk. only 2 small loose wired connections in the trunk
fourtysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use