E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
renster

My Ride: '03 325Ci
not an e46 but an e90 330i

Sooo.....after selling my e46 325ci (the second car) sometime ago and seriously looking at getting an e46 M3, I was rear ended (in our first car) and our only car was written off. That hurt the budget a bit as I had to get a replacement car.

Now that I have a replacement car, I am wary of getting an e46 M3 due to running costs/risks. Also my job situation is a bit more uncertain. I've been looking at e90 330i m-sport as a second car. Both practical and with a bit of power.

I looked at local Brisbane one which I should have purchased but didn't - wasn't too keen on the interior colour/trim. Now the exact car is for sale in Sydney and I am thinking about getting it - i can probably live with the colour if i can change the trim. The 330 sports are hardish to find.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...C-AD-14871593/

The car is from Brisbane originally and unregistered. The dealer isn't keen on doing a PPI. Is it too risky to buy it without one? $600 deliver, 2 keys.

Last edited by renster; 11-22-2013 at 06:15 PM.
renster is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
DeclanM3

My Ride: M3
I'd stretch the extra couple of grand and get a 335.. So much more car for the money, a couple of turbos, pro nav etc. as standard. It will also be far easier to sell in years to come.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=2&sdmvc=1

DeclanM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
renster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanM3 View Post
I'd stretch the extra couple of grand and get a 335.. So much more car for the money, a couple of turbos, pro nav etc. as standard. It will also be far easier to sell in years to come.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=2&sdmvc=1
Thanks Declan. At that lower price they usually have well over 100K kms which tends to turn me off them. It would be great if my budget stretched to this wagon.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

Last edited by renster; 11-22-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
DeclanM3

My Ride: M3
88kkms vs 114kkms really isn't that much difference.

DeclanM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
KOpower

My Ride: 325ci

I am not a pro on e90 used car pricing - but if u say its rare Ill take ur word for it -

Still I feel u need to bargain down the price a bit if u can -

My Ride:
2002 e46 325ci Manual - Sport & Premium Pkg
KOpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #6
renster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOpower View Post
I am not a pro on e90 used car pricing - but if u say its rare Ill take ur word for it -

Still I feel u need to bargain down the price a bit if u can -
Yeah, I never just go with the asking price.

I wouldn't say rare - they just don't come up too often. Most have beige interiors as well. The one I linked is individual so you don't get beige carpets. Beige seats with beige carpets is too much for me. Beige seats with black I can accept.

I think Declan's 335 suggestion is a good one though. Might wait for a local one to pop up.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
MJ80

My Ride: E92 335i M Sport
The wagon is black on black with silver trim and of course is a wagon, its not a desirable pick especially for resale. Also if your wanting an M sport 335 They are at very least 10K more for comparable kms than what your looking at @ 27K and even then at 10K more they still aren't necessarily solid well kept examples, thats the bottom end of things, you may or may not want to own one of that caliber.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=7&sdmvc=1

Thats the closest thing your your budget that you would want to consider owning, and even then it does not look well kept and does not look that flash imo. Realistically you would want to spend at very least 40K on a 335i M sport to get one worth owning imo, so consider that because if your budgeting around 30K stretching that much further for not even a quality example doesn't sound good.

I recently bought a E92 335I M sport and had a budget set out for a long time and after watching the market for over a year waiting for the right one and saving my $ i realised that my budget was just far to optimistic and i was going to have to add a solid 10K to it to find a car thats actually worth owning, for resale, colour combination and condition. I did add that 10K and got exactly what i wanted, more so actually, i am still stunned at what i ended up with.

Im just saying its not worth stretching yourself so far for a less than desirable example, if your stretching for the prime example then sure thats worth it, but that much extra $ to only end up with a below par example is a waste IMO, better off saving your hard earned and getting a smick example of a 330, or going the whole 9 yards.
MJ80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #8
renster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ80 View Post
Im just saying its not worth stretching yourself so far for a less than desirable example, if your stretching for the prime example then sure thats worth it, but that much extra $ to only end up with a below par example is a waste IMO, better off saving your hard earned and getting a smick example of a 330, or going the whole 9 yards.
The one you linked is beige seats on beige carpets. I don't like that. The sedans just aren't very exciting...i am torn between practical and flash.

You're right about the price ranges for the E92 335 m-sport. I have been keeping an eye on prices for awhile as well and seeing the ones I would really want to own (condition and look flash) are priced in the 40Ks. The wagon is attractive on the practicality front. When I was looking to trade in the car that was written off I was looking to find a 335 wagon but they are also hard to find.

I just went and looked at:

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...?Cr=39&sdmvc=1

Not pristine. It was OK, didn't really have time to totally check it out. Well serviced but was a work car that was obviously left out in the sun a lot.

In the 40Ks though there have been some excellent E46 M3's. I might just save some more cash and lurk again till I get 40K saved and then go the whole 9 yards (in terms of my budget).

Last edited by renster; 11-23-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #9
Sherweeeny

My Ride: BMW Civic
That first one you posted has an awesome exterior/interior combination!

I wouldn't bother with an early 335 if you have budget constraints.

Good luck
Old 11-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #10
tks

My Ride: slower than yours

Wow 36k for an 2007?..
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #11
renster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherweeeny View Post
That first one you posted has an awesome exterior/interior combination!

I wouldn't bother with an early 335 if you have budget constraints.

Good luck
It seems to be a popular colour combination for E90 330i with individual package. Black sapphire exterior with albedo yellow seats.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #12
KOpower

My Ride: 325ci

I'm surprised at the premium good e90's are still demanding - surely will fall more as more f30's and 4 series hit the market

My Ride:
2002 e46 325ci Manual - Sport & Premium Pkg
KOpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:58 AM   #13
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOpower View Post
I'm surprised at the premium good e90's are still demanding - surely will fall more as more f30's and 4 series hit the market
Well yes there is a negative correlation between age and price

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote