E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Photography

Photography

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #21
dominicgrillo6

My Ride: E46 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachi1247 View Post
I would double check what the retail prices are on the items you are trying to sell. I've been shopping for the last few weeks and have found the same kit new for a fair amount less from several major online camera retailers...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
I go by the Nikon site as well as Adorama which is a popular and trustworthy store. Other places may sell for less but there is probably a reason, gray market etc..
For Sale
245/35/19 Tires - 255/35/18 Tires
dominicgrillo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #22
dominicgrillo6

For Sale
Old 12-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #23
dominicgrillo6

For Sale
Old 12-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #24
dominicgrillo6

For Sale
Old 12-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #25
Adamo99

My Ride: e39 530i, e93 335i
If I may offer some advice- nobody is going to pay what you are asking for you equipment.

Your equipment is used, yet your asking prices are only $50 less than what somebody can purchase one new- with full packaging, documentation, full manufacturer's warranty, with zero actuations, and not a mark, smudge, fingerprint, etc. anywhere.

Your best bet is to check the POTN and FM (Fred Miranda) forums to get a better idea of what these items are selling for, used.
Adamo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #26
dominicgrillo6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamo99 View Post
If I may offer some advice- nobody is going to pay what you are asking for you equipment.

Your equipment is used, yet your asking prices are only $50 less than what somebody can purchase one new- with full packaging, documentation, full manufacturer's warranty, with zero actuations, and not a mark, smudge, fingerprint, etc. anywhere.

Your best bet is to check the POTN and FM (Fred Miranda) forums to get a better idea of what these items are selling for, used.
I'm not in a rush to sell. Thanks though.
For Sale
Old 12-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #27
tachi1247

My Ride: '04 330i
Quote:

^^What he said. Like I mentioned before, Adorama and other reputable places are selling this same equipment for the same price NEW plus you get all the goodies like extra battery, carry case, etc. that you aren't including. Not to mention a warranty and a % reward to purchase add'l accessories after it ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torok.Designs View Post
I'm not in a rush to sell. Thanks though.
The longer you hold onto your gear the less it will be worth. The 5300 is already out so it will only be a few months until you see the 5200 discounted even further.
tachi1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #28
dominicgrillo6

(Please don't take this as being rude). I do not need your advice guys. If I want to try to sell my stuff for a certain price then I can try haha. The main thing keeping me from selling them at this point at the price I want could very well be your posts saying that I'm asking too much. You might consider messaging the person next time instead of posting in their thread.

If someone wants to buy the stuff from me for my asking price then there we go. If my stuff doesn't sell because no-one wants to pay the price I'm asking then there we go. I don't need you guys deterring potential buyers with your posts.

If my items do not sell then that is my problem not yours.

Just for reference, adorama price for D5200 body new is $650. I'm asking $600 for a barely used one.

They sell D5200 used bodies for about $550. How do you know how much those used ones have been used? You know that there are such things as shutter life with cameras right? You could be buying a used camera from them that is almost used up it's shutter life.

Also all the accessories that came in the box will be included with the body. My mistake for not including that in the OP. You could have messaged me about that though.

Once again I did not mean for any of this to sound rude. Thank you
For Sale
Old 12-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #29
Adamo99

Quote:
I don't need you guys deterring potential buyers with your posts.

If my items do not sell then that is my problem not yours.
Not rude at all- but rest assured it's not us deterring potential buyers, it is the pricing you have listed (evidenced by the constant bumping, and no selling). It's a good thing you're not in a hurry to sell. GLWS.

Last edited by Adamo99; 12-11-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #30
dominicgrillo6

Quote:
Not rude at all- but rest assured it's not us deterring potential buyers, it is the pricing you have listed (evidenced by the constant bumping, and no selling). It's a good thing you're not in a hurry to sell. GLWS.
What I'm saying is that your posts in my thread aren't helping. If you are a thoughtful person (and have the need for my stuff to sell asap) then you should message the thread owner next time

My price is a good price to save money on these parts with rest assured that they haven't been used for a long time and near the end of their life (like other used parts could very easily be).
For Sale
Old 12-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #31
Adamo99

What I'm saying is that if I were shopping for something, and came across something I might be interested in, I would expect and appreciate it if fellow forum members gave me a heads-up indicating that the pricing was out of line, and that a better deal could be sourced elsewhere.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #32
dominicgrillo6

Quote:
What I'm saying is that if I were shopping for something, and came across something I might be interested in, I would expect and appreciate it if fellow forum members gave me a heads-up indicating that the pricing was out of line, and that a better deal could be sourced elsewhere.
Well then you did that but failed to inform them that if they buy used they may not know how much or how long that equipment has been used for. They are running that risk for about $50. Either way it seems you have done what you came here to do so we can stop discussing it
For Sale
Old 12-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #33
Adamo99

Quote:
failed to inform them that if they buy used they may not know how much or how long that equipment has been used for.
I've owned numerous pro and consumer bodies over the years. I've had shutters go at 1,100 actuations, and others still going strong at 400,000. A lightly used body doesn't mean it's going to last longer.

Warranties are not transferable on used bodies, and the shutter on yours could go with the next frame that you take. For that reason, 99.9% of users will opt to spend the extra $50 to buy a new body with a warranty.

There needs to be more incentive to purchase such a high dollar value electronic item used, as they can fail at any time. It's not like buying a used couch, bicycle, or anything that has end-user serviceable parts.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but just hoping to reset your expectations with regard to fair used prices. Naturally, you're free to ask what you want, but the items are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #34
dominicgrillo6

Quote:
I've owned numerous pro and consumer bodies over the years. I've had shutters go at 1,100 actuations, and others still going strong at 400,000. A lightly used body doesn't mean it's going to last longer.

Warranties are not transferable on used bodies, and the shutter on yours could go with the next frame that you take. For that reason, 99.9% of users will opt to spend the extra $50 to buy a new body with a warranty.

There needs to be more incentive to purchase such a high dollar value electronic item used, as they can fail at any time. It's not like buying a used couch, bicycle, or anything that has end-user serviceable parts.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but just hoping to reset your expectations with regard to fair used prices. Naturally, you're free to ask what you want, but the items are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
And if someone is willing to pay my asking price why are you trying to ruin that? It's not like I'm asking for it at a higher price than brand new or even at the same cost as brand new. It is discounted because it is used.
For Sale
Old 03-25-2014, 02:09 PM   #35
dominicgrillo6

for lowered prices.
For Sale
Old 03-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #36
dominicgrillo6

For Sale
Old 03-26-2014, 01:37 PM   #37
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Dom, FYI, images on the first page aren't showing up for me, just a Flickr msg box.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #38
tachi1247

My Ride: '04 330i
^Same here.

If you really want to sell this I would consider coming up with a package price since the kit lenses you have probably aren't going to sell on their own.
tachi1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #39
dominicgrillo6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Dom, FYI, images on the first page aren't showing up for me, just a Flickr msg box.
Ah thanks for the heads up. I'll re-add them asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachi1247 View Post
^Same here.

If you really want to sell this I would consider coming up with a package price since the kit lenses you have probably aren't going to sell on their own.
Good idea, i'll add a package price asap.
For Sale
Old 03-26-2014, 08:11 PM   #40
AudiEtr

My Ride: 330i
Dom, I'd like to work out something with you on the 300mm lense. I'm gonna pm you later.