E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #61
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
I seriously doubt than any significant number of Muslims consider him as anything else than a practicing and actual Christian. IIRC, his father was an avowed atheist and his mother agnostic. The whole Muslim "question" was essentially a right wing/GOP ploy to portray Obama as some sort of exotic, un-American "other," a Manchurian Candidate if you will, particularly to their xenophobic and frankly, intolerant (among other things) evangelical base. Fortunately there weren't enough old white bigots for that sentiment to take root and he was elected twice.

That the right/GOP indulged in such attempted slander with those prone to such sentiments is yet another chapter that has alienated the GOP to the majority of the future voter demographic (younger, more diverse, way more tolerant).
How does calling someone a Muslim equate to slander? Just wait till the tape of him and Bin Laden comes out. Why do you think they buried the body at sea? Osama was not killed but was brought here to act as advisor to Barrack Bin Obama.
The mistake they made was to put him above Joe Biden. Notice you don't see much of Biden any more? This made Joe mad and he secretly taped one of their meetings Glenn Beck will be airing the full tape in a special on the Blaze titled "Did we kill Bin Laden? Or will he rule us?"

Coming tonight at 9:11pm, 8:11 central. See? We told you!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #62
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Why do liberals always lie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
How does calling someone a Muslim equate to slander? Just wait till the tape of him and Bin Laden comes out. Why do you think they buried the body at sea? Osama was not killed but was brought here to act as advisor to Barrack Bin Obama.
The mistake they made was to put him above Joe Biden. Notice you don't see much of Biden any more? This made Joe mad and he secretly taped one of their meetings Glenn Beck will be airing the full tape in a special on the Blaze titled "Did we kill Bin Laden? Or will he rule us?"

Lol

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 01-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #63
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
If there is one thing I despise most it's blacks always pulling the race card. It's so annoying and is often misplaced.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #64
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2005 330cic ZHP
I occasionally enjoy reading Ann Coulter's take on stuff because she can be funny in a Don Rickles way, while nailing the truth :

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/20...html#read_more

Quote:
Wendy Davis, the Texas state senator running for governor, became a liberal superhero last June when she filibustered a bill to prohibit abortions after 20 weeks. (This was the good filibuster, not that awful filibuster three months later by Ted Cruz -- that was just grandstanding.)

Apart from her enthusiasm for abortion (and you have to admit, abortion is really cool), the centerpiece of Davis' campaign is her life story. Also the fact that she's a progressive woman who doesn't look like Betty Friedan.

In a typical formulation, Time magazine said Davis was someone who could give the Democrats "'real people' credibility," based on "her own personal story -- an absent father, a sixth-grade-educated mother, a teen pregnancy, followed by life as a single mom in a mobile home, then community college and, at last, Harvard Law School."

The headlines capture the essence of Wendy-mania:

CNN: Wendy Davis: From Teen Mom to Harvard Law to Famous Filibuster

Bloomberg: Texas Filibuster Star Rose From Teen Mom to Harvard Law

The Independent (UK): Wendy Davis: Single Mother From Trailer Park Who Has Become Heroine of Pro-Choice Movement

Cosmopolitan: Find a Sugar Daddy to Put You Through Law School!

Actually, that last one I made up, but as we now know, it's more accurate than Davis' rags-to-riches life story.

The truth was gently revealed in the Dallas Morning News this week. Far from an attack, this was a puff-piece written by Wayne Slater, rabid partisan Democratic hack and co-author of the book, "Bush's Brain." (He is not an admirer of Bush's brain.) It would be like Sean Hannity breaking a scandal about Ted Cruz.

The first hint that Slater was trying to help Davis get ahead of the story and tilt it her way is his comment that Davis' life story is "more complicated" than her version -- i.e., completely the opposite -- adding, "as often happens when public figures aim to define themselves."

Actually, the truth is much simpler than her story. Also, be sure to look for that "as often happens" excuse the next time a Republican gets caught lying about his resume.

Slater's peculiar obsession with whether Davis was 19 or 21 when she got her first divorce, and exactly how long she lived in a trailer home, is meant to deflect attention from something much more problematic: the huge whoppers Davis told.

Her big lies were about the obstacles she had to overcome and how she overcame them, not about how old she was at the time of her first divorce.

She claims she was raised by a single mother, went to work at age 14 to support her family, became a single mother herself in her teens, and then -- by sheer pluck and determination -- pulled herself out of the trailer park to graduate from Harvard Law School!

The truth is less coal-miner's daughter than gold-digger who found a sugar daddy to raise her kids and pay for her education.

Point No. 1: Davis' family wasn't working-class. Her father owned a sandwich shop and a dinner theater, which puts Davis solidly into middle-class land.

Point No. 2: No one who works at MSNBC would know this, but everyone whose parents run a family business starts work at age 14, if not sooner.

Point No. 3: Her parents were separated, but that is not the commonly accepted meaning of "single mother."

Point No. 4: As for being a single mother at age 19 -- she wasn't a "single mother" in the traditional sense, either. She was married at age 18, had a child at 19 and divorced her first husband, a construction worker, at 21. (He couldn't afford tuition at Harvard.)

So she got married young? That isn't a hard-luck story. Well into the 1950s, nearly half of all first-born children were born to married women under the age of 20.

But Wendy Davis' harrowing nightmare of poverty and sacrifice wasn't over yet.

Just a few years after her first divorce, Wendy was on the make, asking to date Jeff Davis, a rich lawyer 13 years her senior, who frequented her father's dinner club. In short order, they married and had a child together.

The next thing Jeff Davis knew, he was paying off her college tuition, raising their kids by himself and taking out a loan to send her to Harvard Law School.

(Feminists rushed to the stores to buy the shoes Davis wore during her famous filibuster. I'd like the shoes she was wearing when she met her sugar daddy.)

Then Wendy left her kids with the sugar daddy in Texas -- even the daughter from her first marriage -- while she attended Harvard Law.

Slater says Davis' kids lived with Jeff Davis in Texas while she attended law school. Wendy Davis claims her girls lived with her during her first year of law school. Let's say that's true. Why not the other two years? And what was the matter with the University of Texas Law School?

Sorry, MSNBC, I know you want to fixate on how many months Davis spent in the trailer park and her precise age when the first divorce went through. And that would be an incredibly stupid thing for conservatives to obsess on, if they were, in fact, obsessing on it. But I'm still stuck on her leaving her kids behind while she headed off to a law school 1,500 miles away.

The reason Wendy Davis' apocryphal story was impressive is that single mothers have to run a household, take care of kids and provide for a family all by themselves. But Wendy was neither supporting her kids, nor raising them. If someone else is taking care of your kids and paying your tuition, that's not amazing.

Hey -- maybe Jeff Davis should run for governor! He's the one who raised two kids, including a stepdaughter, while holding down a job and paying for his wife's law school. There's a hard-luck story!

Mr. Davis told the Dallas Morning News that Wendy dumped him as soon as he had finished paying off her Harvard Law School loan. "It was ironic," he said. "I made the last payment, and it was the next day she left."

In his defense, a lot of people are confused about the meaning of "ironic." That's not "ironic." Rather, it's what we call: "entirely predictable."

It's ironic -- my car stopped running right after I ran out of gas.

It's ironic -- my house was broken into, and the next thing I knew all my valuables were missing.

It's ironic -- I was punched in the face right before my nose broke.

In his petition for divorce, Mr. Davis accused his wife of adultery. The court made no finding on infidelity, but awarded him full custody of their underage child and ordered Wendy to pay child support.

Wendy boasted to the Dallas Morning News: "I very willingly, as part of my divorce settlement, paid child support." Would a divorced dad get a medal for saying that?

In response to Wayne Slater's faux-"expose," naturally Davis put out a statement denouncing ... her probable Republican opponent, Greg Abbott. Again, Slater wrote the story. But Davis blathered on, blaming Abbott for the Dallas Morning News story and complaining that he hasn't "walked a day in my shoes."

About that she's certainly right. Greg Abbott could never walk a day in her shoes or anyone else's. He's a paraplegic confined to a wheelchair.

I guess Wendy could teach him a lot about suffering.

Davis also said these attacks "won't work, because my story is the story of millions of Texas women ..." Yes, for example, Anna Nicole Smith. Though at least Smith had the decency not to ask for a paid education.
That part about Abbott having never "walked a day in my shoes" is pure clueless comedy gold. Reminds me of Biden asking the paraplegic to "stand up" so he could be recognized, except Uncle Joe handled it well after the fact and actually came across as human.
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:36 AM   #65
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Texas conservatives are terrified of Wendy Davis. I hope their fear is justified.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #66
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2005 330cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Texas conservatives are terrified of Wendy Davis. I hope their fear is justified.
Correction - they are terrified that there could possibly be enough loons out there that will vote for her.
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #67
Lair

There are plenty of loons in texas.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:48 AM   #68
GuiltySpark

My Ride: 02 325xi
Quote:
+1

GuiltySpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #69
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
lol dumped her sugar daddy right after the last payment to law school, what a cretin. I guess we can add her to the list of manufactured biography democrats:

1. Barack "I was born in Kenya, let me into Harvard and buy my books!" Obama
2. Elizabeth "I used to live in a Teepee" Warren
3. Rick "I was a vietnam vet man!" Blumenthal
4. Warren "Call me Bill DiBlasio, I found the only gay person on earth where gay was a choice" Wilhelm
5. Hilary "courage under fire" Clinton

'MERICA!

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #70
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
That's a RACIST remark! Just because there are many Hispanics there, no need to denigrate them.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #71
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
lol dumped her sugar daddy right after the last payment to law school, what a cretin. I guess we can add her to the list of manufactured biography democrats:

4. Warren "Call me Bill DiBlasio, I found the only gay person on earth where gay was a choice" Wilhelm

'MERICA!
6. Iraq has nukes! We need 3 trillion of your dollars to get 'em! ~ Bushco

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:14 PM   #72
Act of God

Quote:
ok champ, try to keep with the theme. We're talking about people that lied about themselves to further their careers. Manufactured biographies, stay on target!

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Old 01-23-2014, 02:14 PM   #73
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:

'MERICA!
Don't forget about Cory Booker!

Old 01-23-2014, 02:22 PM   #74
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post
Don't forget about Cory Booker!
wait what was his lie? Was it that he pretended he was poor but actually grew up very comfortable?

Old 01-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #75
Lair

Wendy Davis screwed a texas jackass out of his money?

That's a refreshing change. We need her on a national stage

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:41 PM   #76
5ynd1cat3

Quote:
wait what was his lie? Was it that he pretended he was poor but actually grew up very comfortable?
Yeah, he's str8 hood bro. Never lived in Newark, no such person as T-Bone the drug pusher who threatened his life, never held a poor inner-city shooting victim as he drew his last breath, list goes on and on.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #77
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
Quote:
"Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons," Clinton said.

"Earlier today I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces," Clinton said.

"Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9812/16/clinton.iraq.speech/

What about these apples?

PS. Edited in bold to prevent liberal confusion.

Last edited by Black///M; 01-23-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Black///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #78
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post
Yeah, he's str8 hood bro. Never lived in Newark, no such person as T-Bone the drug pusher who threatened his life, never held a poor inner-city shooting victim as he drew his last breath, list goes on and on.
lol oh yeah now I remember. gotta have that T-BONE!

Only liberals can get away with this, because the media allows it.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #79
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black///M View Post
"Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons," Clinton said.

"Earlier today I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces," Clinton said.

"Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9812/16/clinton.iraq.speech/

What about these apples?

PS. Edited in bold to prevent liberal confusion.
Those apples have been rotten for ten years.

Words are cheap. Invasions are expensive. Remember who sold us the "imminent threat" and launched an invasion?

Hint: It wasn't a Democrat.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #80
5ynd1cat3

I may have photographic evidence to help the good, honest Mr. Booker set the record straight. This evidence could also help Barack Hussein Obama as well. This photo will settle once and for all that T-Bone and 'ol Barry's girlfriend from his book are, in fact, real as they have been photographed together. I was going to sell this pic to TMZ but in light of the wealth inequality thread I think I'll release the rights to Rhumb so he can gallivant across the amber waves of fuel and make it rain green lettuce of salvation in the most economically disenfranchised communities that speckle our great nation.

On to the pic: