E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

View Poll Results: Choose
I take the career woman with the dough 4 50.00%
I take the attractive woman 3 37.50%
Z00 is retarded 1 12.50%
I'm gay and won't be settling down with a woman 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Beauty Vs Career

Would you settle down with woman A or B:

Woman A: has average looks but a solid career/education (lawyer, doc, engineer, makes 200K+)

Woman B: woman who has above average looks (a head turner) but an average career/education (makes below 60K)?

Lets assume you're attracted to both of these women's personalities and get along well with both of them.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
mitch5

My Ride: nothing
Re: Beauty Vs Career

So both women are average? Neither duh

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
mitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:10 AM   #3
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
It's a toss up, are you willing to settle for mediocre sex or do you want an animal in bed every night.

I imagine if you are a traditional Alpha male you want an attractive girl and don't mind her making an average salary as opposed to another Alpha such as yourself making 200k+ a year. I could go either way honestly but I would want someone that if long term would grow with me and that includes all aspects of themselves.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
z00

Good luck finding a woman that's in her 20's who looks very attractive with a great career, single, and both of you like each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch5 View Post
So both women are average? Neither duh

It's a tough predicament. Most of women (at least ones I meet) fall into above two categories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
It's a toss up, are you willing to settle for mediocre sex or do you want an animal in bed every night.

I imagine if you are a traditional Alpha male you want an attractive girl and don't mind her making an average salary as opposed to another Alpha such as yourself making 200k+ a year. I could go either way honestly but I would want someone that if long term would grow with me and that includes all aspects of themselves.

Last edited by z00; 12-11-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #5
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Beauty Vs Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post

Who said anything about the sex? Sex could be nuts with either one.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #6
Hamadi

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: Beauty Vs Career

I have 3 needs. Feed my body, stimulate my mind and satisfy my sexual needs. It comes down to which one can hit all three correctly and most effectively. And I guess which one I could wake up to in a few years and not say ahh f*ck what the hell was I thinking!

"Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem"
Old 12-11-2013, 02:43 AM   #7
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Average looking career woman over some dumb bitch that will drain your wallet

OP is a ****** and he's gonna get ****ed in the ass NO LUBE

^c***s
2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #8
blazedxjan

My Ride: 01 325ci
strong headed women are tough to deal with. a woman established like that wouldnt settle if she didnt need you which would keep you on constant alert. too much stress but shhiiiieeet the bills would be paid. I take career girl.

89' 240sx Coupe - Sold ): 98' 328is - RIP 91' Turbo MR2 - Sold 01' 325ci - Current
I like my Christmas hat; wanna fight about it?
blazedxjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
DylloS

god the money thing around here is so annoying. 60k in my area isn't great but it's pretty good. Well above average. I don't think I know more than 4 girls making this much.

Looks get me. Personality, ambition, potential keep me.

For me to date a girl she has to be attractive. She can be making 100k plus and support my ass but if I'm not attracted I will be bored fast. I think for me the ideal girl will be a 7 or up (in my eyes), someone with a steady career, someone that is spontaneous, someone that gets my sense of humor, and is into the fitness thing.

I'm going to die alone.

zoo, add a poll option that is a little of both.

Last edited by DylloS; 12-11-2013 at 09:37 AM.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #10
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Good luck finding a woman that's in her 20's who looks very attractive with a great career, single, and both of you like each other.

It's a tough predicament. Most of women (at least ones I meet) fall into above two categories.
This is the most accurate thing you have ever said.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #11
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Beauty Vs Career

Average career @$60k or below? Lmao! What world do you live in?? That's waaay above average first of all. The average COMBINED income in this country is like $60k a year. It might even be lower.... I'll take the hot chic making $60k a year, add that to my $60k a year and live happily ever after. Peace

Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
z00

So if an average looking woman that's not that attractive gives you those three things, you'll settle down?

Love the quote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamadi View Post
I have 3 needs. Feed my body, stimulate my mind and satisfy my sexual needs. It comes down to which one can hit all three correctly and most effectively. And I guess which one I could wake up to in a few years and not say ahh f*ck what the hell was I thinking!

"Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem"
You don't seem picky and that's a good thing sometimes. But I mean average looking, you're going to wake up next to her face for the rest of your life. If you're not that attracted to her you'll get sick of her at some point.

Enough with the gay $hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
Average looking career woman over some dumb bitch that will drain your wallet

OP is a ****** and he's gonna get ****ed in the ass NO LUBE

I disagree, career women mostly want stability and a reliable man. If a man is good enough for them, they'll actually be decent and pleasant (from my experience). You seem to focus on money, but how are you gonna feel lets say in 5 years when career woman looks get worse with age.

The big plus for me about career women is my kids will be well educated and raised better at home. Career women tend to have more education and experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazedxjan View Post
strong headed women are tough to deal with. a woman established like that wouldnt settle if she didnt need you which would keep you on constant alert. too much stress but shhiiiieeet the bills would be paid. I take career girl.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #13
z00

Most non-career women (no high education like medical or dental school) I know average around 60k, also at my company I can see salaries so that was my base.

Ya it's tough and it has been the main reason why I'm single. You either find average looking career girls who make a lot of money, or attractive girls without much education who make little money. Very rare to find a woman who has both. I only dated one 8 years ago, and she was c0cky as hell, 2 months and I broke up with her.

I did not add a poll option that's a bit of both because these girls are rare and most members will select them, to keep poll more realistic I kept options well defined career vs beauty.

You won't die alone bro, burpees will cuddle with you lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
god the money thing around here is so annoying. 60k in my area isn't great but it's pretty good. Well above average. I don't think I know more than 4 girls making this much.

Looks get me. Personality, ambition, potential keep me.

For me to date a girl she has to be attractive. She can be making 100k plus and support my ass but if I'm not attracted I will be bored fast. I think for me the ideal girl will be a 7 or up (in my eyes), someone with a steady career, someone that is spontaneous, someone that gets my sense of humor, and is into the fitness thing.

I'm going to die alone.

zoo, add a poll option that is a little of both.

Sometimes I express my thoughts correctly lol. I'm not good with words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
This is the most accurate thing you have ever said.
See above about where I got 60k from. So with $120k you think you can live happily? Good luck with sending your 1-2 kids to college on $120k income. You need a combined income of at least 200K to have a decent life and send your kids to college. I mean without having much debt.

But good thing at least you know what you want which is good. I'm leaning towards this as well, get the attractive girl who does not make much money, at least I'll be happy every time I'm with her. Before I was set on getting a woman who has both but like my brother told me, I'll have to compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
Average career @$60k or below? Lmao! What world do you live in?? That's waaay above average first of all. The average COMBINED income in this country is like $60k a year. It might even be lower.... I'll take the hot chic making $60k a year, add that to my $60k a year and live happily ever after. Peace

Old 12-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #14
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
You don't seem picky and that's a good thing sometimes. But I mean average looking, you're going to wake up next to her face for the rest of your life. If you're not that attracted to her you'll get sick of her at some point.

I disagree, career women mostly want stability and a reliable man. If a man is good enough for them, they'll actually be decent and pleasant (from my experience). You seem to focus on money, but how are you gonna feel lets say in 5 years when career woman looks get worse with age.

The big plus for me about career women is my kids will be well educated and raised better at home. Career women tend to have more education and experience.
That face will change over the years so you have to wager on whether the one that's hot and skinny now will still be that way in 20 years or if the one that's more on the average side will age better.

I've found that serious career women (hot or not) are looking for the same. They care less about looks and more about a man being educated, have a growing career, and a good future. The hotter the girl, the more picky they are on the potential future. Looks obviously still matter but as they get older and more mature it's not as big of a deal to them as it used to be. This even works for the hot women who are looking to settle down and why I always see the stunningly hot blonde in the Range Rover next to her mediocre looking husband.

To answer your question though, I would pick a girl who's not as hot but has a bigger upside in the future. Neither is going to be all that hot in 20 years so might as well invest now to reap the rewards later. Though if we didn't click emotionally and physically it wouldn't matter which one.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 12-11-2013 at 10:27 AM.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #15
DylloS

Quote:

Good enough for me too.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #16
Leezy321

Beauty Vs Career

Quote:
See above about where I got 60k from. So with $120k you think you can live happily? Good luck with sending your 1-2 kids to college on $120k income. You need a combined income of at least 200K to have a decent life and send your kids to college. I mean without having much debt.
Question? How many kids do you have? I have one, my fianc***233;e has three, so WE have four.... So please enlighten me on what kids cost and how much it'll cost to raise them and send them to college

Old 12-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #17
z00

I don't have kids, but I come from a big family, all of my siblings have 3-4 kids so I know a thing or two about kids and college.

A kid will cost around a 1 million by the time he/she is an adult. Good luck with the kids!

Question, you're in the same boat as one of my good friends. Why would you settle down with someone who already has kids? I never get this. My friend moved in with his GF who has 2 kids from her ex. I was like $hit, I'll never be able to do that. They're thinking of getting married.

Quote:
Question? How many kids do you have? I have one, my fiancée has three, so WE have four.... So please enlighten me on what kids cost and how much it'll cost to raise them and send them to college

Old 12-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #18
Leezy321

Beauty Vs Career

Quote:
I don't have kids, but I come from a big family, all of my siblings have 3-4 kids so I know a thing or two about kids and college.

A kid will cost around a 1 million by the time he/she is an adult. Good luck with the kids!

Question, you're in the same boat as one of my good friends. Why would you settle down with someone who already has kids? I never get this. My friend moved in with his GF who has 2 kids from her ex. I was like $hit, I'll never be able to do that. They're thinking of getting married.
We just have different outlooks on life. I love kids and since I'm a big kid I have no problem dating women with a kid(s). I grew up dirt poor, so I find happiness in other things besides money. Not to say money doesn't make me happy. But money comes and goes, family doesn't. I can always make more money.