E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Bullet points for falling in love

Although she doesn't know it yet...I'm really close with a woman. She probably suspects. But, I don't want to mess things up by avoiding common stupid mistakes us males, confused by pheromones, etc., make.

I'm not looking for tips on having sex, I'm looking for useful pieces of advice you've received that you know to be true, or which you wish you were more attentive to because not attending cost you a love.

By the way, she is, actually, a human female. Just saying!

I don't want to frighten her by protesting too much. Nor, do I want to play the game of showing disinterest--that often used player strategy.

It's been many months since I fell in love...then only for one really bad day, and I frightened her by, you know, speaking!

Anyway, my friends (et.al.)...serious. Serious tips wanted for me. For me, the goal, so you know, is one woman more until I die.

Just remind me...I'd like your advice finding a balance...my balance.

I'm not lacking confidence, but I also know that early on, on the precipice of amazing, it's easy to lose one's head...I think I'm particularly susceptible. Just back me up a bit...I'd appreciate it. And I'm 57 years old...I'm not goofing around. If one of you says something inappropriate, it better make me laugh or else I'll torment you in my special way!

Thanks folks. Female fanatics...appreciate your viewpoint very much too!

Doug

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set Skip to 1:30

Last edited by dmax; 12-13-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1386939416
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #2
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Things I've learned.

-Show her attention and affection but don't smother her
-Compliment her, but not too much
-Do the little things for her. House work, picking up dry cleaning etc
-Never act jealous
-Keep things exciting/be spontaneous. Boring=the relationship is over
-Be a man. Make decisions and don't let her call all the shots. This could be as minor as choosing what's for dinner.
-Be a little sarcastic/you're a comedian so I'm sure you have this down
-Show her that you have other things going on in life other than her. Jobs, -hobbies, friends etc. You'll appear a little more valuable

All these come down to not being needy. Be fun, make her feel special, and make yourself appear like someone everyone loves and you'll be good to go. After my last two relationships I know where I went wrong and didn't do some of that stuff above.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
blazedxjan

My Ride: 01 325ci
I dont think you can just make a list and make sure you hit them all. Its about paying attention to HER. all bxtchs be crazy but they are all crazy in a unique matter. I speak to them about things they likes, music, movies, blah blah and build on that. I found some old school songs this girl liked and put em on a cd for her car. She almost cried when i gave it to her, not cuz of the monster snake but because I took the time out to hear her thoughts and invested my time to make her something. You have to chase sometimes to show you care and you have to let them be sometimes to show you respect them. If you want long term, just take it slow. make memories wether labeled as dates or not. she needs reasons for you to pop up in her head through out the day. but I'm just a young 20 sumthing speaking after 2 serious relationships and a lot of smashing in between.

Love ya DMax

RIP Edgar F. Glavez 4/19/89-10/19/2014

blazedxjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
z00
Banned User

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
First, love is overrated.

Second, it just happened. If everyone can make a list and fall in love everyone would be in love.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
blazedxjan

My Ride: 01 325ci
^^ says the guy with 9 gfs

RIP Edgar F. Glavez 4/19/89-10/19/2014

blazedxjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Middle school dances. Guided me ever since.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
z00
Banned User

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
That's what I said, it just happens. It's all in the math, the more you date the more likely you'll find one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazedxjan View Post
^^ says the guy with 9 gfs
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #8
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Bullet points for falling in love

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
That's what I said, it just happens. It's all in the math, the more you date the more likely you'll find one.
Pretty spot on.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote