E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
autoAER

My Ride: 03 325xi,08 335i
Broke up....Badly

Hey everyone,

I figured I'd post on here since i get a good laugh from browsing forums (you all are awesome!) I just broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years. Being only 20 years old, it was kind of a big part of my life. It ended pretty badly. Once finals week started for her, she realized that she needed some distance from me, and told me she needed a break. When she realized she failed a class, she assumed it was because she spent too much time with me and now all I'm left with is just the memories, and even though i was the one who brought up the break up, since i couldn't deal with the drama, i am really missing her and almost regretting it. I never dated before her, and she was pretty much my everything until the last month. It was also partially my fault, because when i got caught up in working, school, and helping my family out, i wouldnt see her sometimes for a week at a time. but this pain hurts like hell, more than anything physical. How does one get over something like this? your thoughts, comments, funny pictures, memes, anything are all greatly appreciated.

thank you
Old 12-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
Broke up....Badly

dont worry, buy some condoms and wait for booty call. then throw out condoms because piitb!
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
She failed a class because she's an idiot. She also broke up with you because she is an idiot. If she gets that fucking flustered over school and dumps your ass THAT IS CLEARLY NOT A CHICK TO BE WITH

go out and get some strange

2 easy 2 make hp turbos

Last edited by Fergo; 12-16-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
autoAER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskisky View Post
dont worry, buy some condoms and wait for booty call. then throw out condoms because piitb!
i laughed so hard, thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
She failed a class because she's an idiot. She also broke up with you because she is an idiot. If she gets that fucking flustered over school and dumps your ass THAT IS CLEARLY NOT A CHICK TO BE WITH

go out and get some strange
i agree with your point, wisdom spoken
Old 12-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
YYCZHP

My Ride: 2005 330ci zhp
Broke up....Badly

Try and not worry about it too much man! Pretty similar thing just happened to me a few months ago and I'm still pretty choked about it but there is nothing you can do! Go out with friends and stay busy!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
5% tint all around - Tinted Tail Lights - Muffler Delete -Asa Ar1 - CF CS Splitters - 6000k Predator Orion v2 Angel Eyes - 8500k DRL - Aux Input - Racing Dynamics CF Intake - Racing Dynamics Front & Rear Strut Brace - Schroth Quick Fit Harnesses - Cf Style BMW Harness Pads - Cf ACS Trunk Lip - Cf Engine Covers - Cf Roundels - Cf Hamann Fog Light Covers - Lower Spring Perches - ECS Tow Hook
YYCZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
She's a dumbass. I realize it was a big part of your life and it sucks right now but you're only 20. In about 4-5 years you will look back and laugh at this whole situation and realize that this was nothing and, in the grand scheme of things, meant nothing. Ignore her, she will come back right after finals week is over and try to screw with your head more. Don't give in, you've been warned.

Concentrate on yourself, better you life, bang some broads, and enjoy your month long winter break. Don't stress out brah, there are plenty of other fish in the sea. This was your first and it sucks, but it's certainly not going to be your last break up so it's a good learning experience.

Edit to add requested funny picture:

Last edited by SamDoe1; 12-16-2013 at 07:20 PM.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
autoAER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTosi View Post
Try and not worry about it too much man! Pretty similar thing just happened to me a few months ago and I'm still pretty choked about it but there is nothing you can do! Go out with friends and stay busy!

Thanks man, i will try my best! its funny, right after we broke up I realize that i haven't really been out with friends lately. It would be nice to chill with them again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
She's a dumbass. I realize it was a big part of your life and it sucks right now but you're only 20. In about 4-5 years you will look back and laugh at this whole situation and realize that this was nothing and, in the grand scheme of things, meant nothing. Ignore her, she will come back right after finals week is over and try to screw with your head more. Don't give in, you've been warned.

Concentrate on yourself, better you life, bang some broads, and enjoy your month long winter break. Don't stress out brah, there are plenty of other fish in the sea. This was your first and it sucks, but it's certainly not going to be your last break up so it's a good learning experience.

Edit to add requested funny picture:
hmmm the overly attached girlfriend is actually kinda cute...

In all seriousness, thank you for the advice, wise words as always, whether it be incredibly useful suspension threads or relationship advice!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
autoAER

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish317 View Post
This has nothing to do with the other thread, I promise. I'm on a Richard Pryor kick tonight. Here's a funny clip:
"Men cannot graduate until a woman breaks your fu*king heart"

by all means, more Richard Pryor! that presidential clip was hilarious too
Old 12-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
Astheros

My Ride: 2005 330ci
Re: Broke up....Badly

Its going to hurt. You're only human. But just stay distracted. Hang out w friends. Start meeting other girls....but be private about it. At least for now just to avoid the drama.

Have your car be your rebound till you get a real rebound

BimmerApp on Samsung Galaxy S4

Instagram: astherosphoto
Astheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #10
YYCZHP

Broke up....Badly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astheros View Post

Have your car be your rebound till you get a real rebound

BimmerApp on Samsung Galaxy S4
After all it does have two tailpipes lol

5% tint all around - Tinted Tail Lights - Muffler Delete -Asa Ar1 - CF CS Splitters - 6000k Predator Orion v2 Angel Eyes - 8500k DRL - Aux Input - Racing Dynamics CF Intake - Racing Dynamics Front & Rear Strut Brace - Schroth Quick Fit Harnesses - Cf Style BMW Harness Pads - Cf ACS Trunk Lip - Cf Engine Covers - Cf Roundels - Cf Hamann Fog Light Covers - Lower Spring Perches - ECS Tow Hook
Old 12-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #11
autoAER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTosi View Post
After all it does have two tailpipes lol

But yeah forsure! I was busy yesterday cleaning the MAF and replacing rotors

Last edited by autoAER; 12-16-2013 at 08:00 PM.
autoAER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #12
YYCZHP

Broke up....Badly

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoAER View Post

But yeah forsure! I was busy yesterday cleaning the MAF and replacing rotors
Best way to get your mind off things! It's a pretty satisfying thing to do and for the most part pretty mindless. Good to get out and do something though

Old 12-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #13
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
The "I failed class because we hang out too much" idea is a load of crap.

If you two were both understanding, both had balance between the relationship & other activities/friends, and both could live without seeing each-other every single day, then it would've worked out just fine. It seems that she couldn't strike this balance, so you're better off without someone like this if you're looking for a real relationship.

I had a somewhat similar thing happen to me, but because I genuinely enjoyed spending time with my GF and she tried to please me, it was brought up that I was getting in the way of her classes.

Well, she sucked at communication and had too much pride. If you have things to do, great. Be clear about your priorities and show an active interest in the other person. Think about how many times did you initiate plans out of you two. Think about how much effort was being put in from both sides. Were you always coming up with the ideas and being creative? Was she the one tagging along most of the time? These are not people you want to be committed with.

You're 20. That's the good news, and I wish I had your problems back then.
Always have your own thing going on, find someone that is as interested in you as you are in them.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #14
autoAER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
The "I failed class because we hang out too much" idea is a load of crap.

If you two were both understanding, both had balance between the relationship & other activities/friends, and both could live without seeing each-other every single day, then it would've worked out just fine. It seems that she couldn't strike this balance, so you're better off without someone like this if you're looking for a real relationship.

I had a somewhat similar thing happen to me, but because I genuinely enjoyed spending time with my GF and she tried to please me, it was brought up that I was getting in the way of her classes.

Well, she sucked at communication and had too much pride. If you have things to do, great. Be clear about your priorities and show an active interest in the other person. Think about how many times did you initiate plans out of you two. Think about how much effort was being put in from both sides. Were you always coming up with the ideas and being creative? Was she the one tagging along most of the time? These are not people you want to be committed with.

You're 20. That's the good news, and I wish I had your problems back then.
Always have your own thing going on, find someone that is as interested in you as you are in them.
You exactly hit the nail on the head. My relationship was pretty much exactly what you described. She kinda always just tagged along with me, I ALWAYS made plans, and she's terrible at communicating, especially when it came to feelings. I guess I'm just doing my best to get over it. If I can't have her then I wish her the best, and I hope her classes go better for her. I tried my best to make her happy, but now I just want to let go. My mind just won't though, but that's the tough **** we all go through

Thank you for your support, you genuinely made me rethink everything

Last edited by autoAER; 12-16-2013 at 11:34 PM.
autoAER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #15
blazedxjan

My Ride: 01 325ci
she seems immature if she thinks youre the reason she failed, kind of dumb. Your young sir, the first heartbreak is always the hardest and it cuts deeper then any sensation youve probably felt. Use this time to lay out your life and figure out how to prepare yourself for the glamore of 21 and over. oh man, get out there and youll never look back. I know it feels like youll ever find another like her. TRUST ME (ask me how I know) but females are around. maybe you should raise your standars. Its such a refreshing feeling to meet someone new and listen to diffrent minds.

"I failed because of you"

nah, she did you a favor bro.

89' 240sx Coupe - Sold ): 98' 328is - RIP 91' Turbo MR2 - Sold 01' 325ci - Current
I like my Christmas hat; wanna fight about it?
blazedxjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #16
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
not all women are ethereal. this is probably her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote