E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 03:52 AM   #341
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 873
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole51 View Post
I've just partially installed my GM5150 unit (still awaiting an FM 'fakra' antenna extension cable) and I have a number of issues. I have not connected any of the single wires such as 'BACK', 'SW2', 'AMP-POWER' etc, but everything else is connected fully. Firstly, the auto screen dimming with headlights on is not working. I have checked the settings under 'Genernal' and the option is turned on (I've tried switching it off and on again) and when I turn on my headlights the screen does not dim/the buttons do not light up. Secondly, the screen flickers a tiny bit. Anyone else have this? Thirdly, under Bluetooth the unit won't load any contacts or call logs and only displays (null) (null) (as it does in the screenshot in the product manual - perhaps they haven't even got this to work yet?).

On the plus side the audio quality is a huge improvement over the OEM nav system (without Harman).

Anyone else having the same issues?
Hi mole51, firstly, for the dim function, it is controlled by the can bus box. When you turn the headlight, the screen will dim and the button light will be on, so does the button lights will on or not? secondly,for the flicker, does it caused by the unstable power or the lose connection? Lastly, for the bluetooth phone book, could you try another mobile phone to have a try? Generally, it can work and load the contact. Thanks
Meanwhile, could you PM me the order number? For the other questions about the screen, i will check with the tech firstly,thanks
__________________
Great Eonon Car Audio. Wishing roads were longer! http://www.eonon.com

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!


Last edited by EononCarDVD; 02-07-2014 at 04:03 AM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:57 AM   #342
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 873
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambro24 View Post
Here is my problem. Mirror only works on one speaker. Anyone else is my unit defective? Very important.

I havent got a reply from carlos

Sent from my SPH-L720 using BimmerApp mobile app
Hi dambro24, i am sorry for keep you waiting.Since it was the Spring Festival holidays. Thanks for understanding. Do you mean the screen mirroring function only has audio on one of your speaker? How about other functions? And do you use the inner AMP or external AMP? Please kindly PM me more details and i will check with the tech then. Thanks
__________________
Great Eonon Car Audio. Wishing roads were longer! http://www.eonon.com

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:05 AM   #343
mole51
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 22
My Ride: 2004 BMW E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole51 View Post
Just tried that and didn't make a difference . However I now have an even bigger problem. The colours on my screen have been wrong all day today and for part of yesterday. Most noticeable if I set the theme to blue or if I'm in the bluetooth settings. This has been happening since I fitted the unit (but it was flickering between correct colours and wrong colours when I applied pressure to the front of the unit, so I checked the connections and everything is fine). Also what you see in the pics is 99% accurate, nothing to do with my camera.







Anyone have any ideas? Like I said I've checked all of the connections and now it seems stuck on the wrong colours - applying pressure to the front of the unit or to the LCD screen doesn't make the colours change back to normal. Maybe a faulty LCD screen?
Welcome back Carlos, hope you had a great holiday. Please can you view the above as this is the problem I've had since I received the unit. However since yesterday evening, now the screen does not even turn on. Radio plays but screen does not show anything (it is just black). The GM5150 is basically broken and not usable. I am currently uploading a YouTube video for you to watch (but it is taking ages) so that you can see that my problem is very bad. I will update this post and PM you the exact details of the problem when the video has finished uploading. Thank you.
mole51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:07 AM   #344
mole51
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 22
My Ride: 2004 BMW E46 M3
Sorry Carlos, you posted when I was writing my post! I am going to PM you now
mole51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:15 AM   #345
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 873
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by proregiszter View Post
Hi,

GM5150

My question is: where does the SW1-SW2 cable need to be attached to, and what is it for?
And what is the reason for the menu's CAR SET option's not working?

Thanks
Hi proregiszter, SW1 and SW2 is not for subwoofers, actually, it is for AD can bus connection, it is useless for you. Please disregard it.Thanks
Meanwhile, the Car Set is a option for E90, so it is invalid function.Thanks for your attention.
__________________
Great Eonon Car Audio. Wishing roads were longer! http://www.eonon.com

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!


Last edited by EononCarDVD; 02-07-2014 at 04:16 AM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:22 AM   #346
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 873
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickersc View Post
Count me in on the next buy group too
Quote:
Originally Posted by semcoinc View Post
I would like to purchase the GM5150 Group Buy but the link provided indicates "Sold Out". Please let me know when this link is populated with inventory.
Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike, thanks for your interesting, i will add you guys to the next group buy and i will PM you once the GB is activated then.Thank you.
__________________
Great Eonon Car Audio. Wishing roads were longer! http://www.eonon.com

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:07 AM   #347
mole51
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 22
My Ride: 2004 BMW E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi mole51, firstly, for the dim function, it is controlled by the can bus box. When you turn the headlight, the screen will dim and the button light will be on, so does the button lights will on or not? secondly,for the flicker, does it caused by the unstable power or the lose connection? Lastly, for the bluetooth phone book, could you try another mobile phone to have a try? Generally, it can work and load the contact. Thanks
Meanwhile, could you PM me the order number? For the other questions about the screen, i will check with the tech firstly,thanks

Hi Carlos. I have checked all connections and the canbus box is connected correctly. I originally had the OEM navigation so have used the 5m extension harness from Eonon for the D5150/GM5150 which is connected to the canbus box. But when I turn the headlights on nothing happens to the screen.
mole51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #348
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 873
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole51 View Post
Welcome back Carlos, hope you had a great holiday. Please can you view the above as this is the problem I've had since I received the unit. However since yesterday evening, now the screen does not even turn on. Radio plays but screen does not show anything (it is just black). The GM5150 is basically broken and not usable. I am currently uploading a YouTube video for you to watch (but it is taking ages) so that you can see that my problem is very bad. I will update this post and PM you the exact details of the problem when the video has finished uploading. Thank you.
Hi mole51, don't worry, we have 2 year warranty, we will help you out.
I have already PMed you, please kindly check it. Thanks
__________________
Great Eonon Car Audio. Wishing roads were longer! http://www.eonon.com

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #349
mole51
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 22
My Ride: 2004 BMW E46 M3
Have PMed you back, but I shouldn't really have to pay 15GBP for return postage as my unit has failed within one week. Anyways, thank you for your help.

Last edited by mole51; 02-07-2014 at 05:51 AM.
mole51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:32 AM   #350
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,024
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi for the guys who got the error message.I have already reported it to R&D. For the issue, here are the solutions:
1. press [x] to turn off the error
2. If not help, please reset the head unit
3. If it still not help, please update the head unit with software, then reset the head unit again.
For the software, please kindly PM me directly. I will help you. Don't worry. Thanks
I need the software. It diesnt let me press the "x". It only makes press "ok"


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #351
JL Fab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Vacaville, Nor-Cali
Posts: 54
My Ride: 02 325i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole51 View Post
Have PMed you back, but I shouldn't really have to pay 15GBP for return postage as my unit has failed within one week. Anyways, thank you for your help.
Thank you, I AGREEE!!! I had to pay $20 and my unit broke the first day. my second one is messing up and I do not want to pay AGAIN to ship it back when its EONONS fault

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by JL Fab; 02-07-2014 at 08:07 AM.
JL Fab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #352
Ensor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Oakland
Posts: 5
My Ride: 00' 323i
Please let me know when the next GB link is available.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Ensor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #353
daki_bmw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Serbia
Posts: 818
My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL Fab View Post
Thank you, I AGREEE!!! I had to pay $20 and my unit broke the first day. my second one is messing up and I do not want to pay AGAIN to ship it back when its EONONS fault

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Is this only GM5150 problem, or do D5150 (new UI) owners suffer as well?
__________________
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #354
mole51
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 22
My Ride: 2004 BMW E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
Is this only GM5150 problem, or do D5150 (new UI) owners suffer as well?
The GM5150 is the one with the new UI (iDrive style ui). The D5150 is the older unit. And yes, Eonon's policy is that no matter what the fault is and how quickly it occurs after you receive it (even if its dead on arrival) you have to pay the return cost. Yep, doesn't make sense to me either
mole51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:12 PM   #355
Rebel158
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK - London
Posts: 23
My Ride: 330ci Msport
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi mole51, don't worry, we have 2 year warranty, we will help you out.
I have already PMed you, please kindly check it. Thanks
This is all good and well but a person could find themselves returning DOA units in addition to warranty repairs several times over the course of 2 years and be seriously out of pocket. Do you check that these units power up and function properly before shipping them? I don't think you do. The ratio of DOAs compared to functioning units maybe small but the fact remains that a good many buyers get caught out and have to foot the bill to return the unit to you when the fault is beyond their control. You should offer a free or at least reduced return option for DOA units. Better still, check them properly before shipping and not just that they power up. It is not acceptable to ship a substandard unit and expect your customers to spend hours rectifying faults and in many cases paying to return a unit that doesn't work properly, if at all, out of the box.
Rebel158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #356
daki_bmw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Serbia
Posts: 818
My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole51 View Post
The GM5150 is the one with the new UI (iDrive style ui). The D5150 is the older unit...
Nope. Although D5150 is the old unit, there is new D5150 with the same style UI as GM5150, except D5150 doesn't have screen mirroring function.

What I'm asking, I don't see "new D5150" guys complaining about all the problems...are they specific to GM5150 or simply no one buys D5150 because they want screen mirroring?
__________________

Last edited by daki_bmw; 02-07-2014 at 05:45 PM.
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #357
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 873
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole51 View Post
Have PMed you back, but I shouldn't really have to pay 15GBP for return postage as my unit has failed within one week. Anyways, thank you for your help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL Fab View Post
Thank you, I AGREEE!!! I had to pay $20 and my unit broke the first day. my second one is messing up and I do not want to pay AGAIN to ship it back when its EONONS fault

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole51 View Post
The GM5150 is the one with the new UI (iDrive style ui). The D5150 is the older unit. And yes, Eonon's policy is that no matter what the fault is and how quickly it occurs after you receive it (even if its dead on arrival) you have to pay the return cost. Yep, doesn't make sense to me either
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel158 View Post
This is all good and well but a person could find themselves returning DOA units in addition to warranty repairs several times over the course of 2 years and be seriously out of pocket. Do you check that these units power up and function properly before shipping them? I don't think you do. The ratio of DOAs compared to functioning units maybe small but the fact remains that a good many buyers get caught out and have to foot the bill to return the unit to you when the fault is beyond their control. You should offer a free or at least reduced return option for DOA units. Better still, check them properly before shipping and not just that they power up. It is not acceptable to ship a substandard unit and expect your customers to spend hours rectifying faults and in many cases paying to return a unit that doesn't work properly, if at all, out of the box.
Hi guys, firstly, we have tested all the products before sending out. But you know electronic products cannot be 100% perfect, specially the car unit function depends much on installation. We always will our best to improve the product and reduce the defective rate. I am sure we will do better. Thanks you for great support.
Regarding the postage, as we stated on the website that customer need pay return postage and we will pay the resend. You can check with your local Fedex or TNT that how much it will be cost you to return the head unit back to Hong Kong, i guess it will be at least 80USD or 50GBP, far more than 20USD or 15GBP. We can understand your feeling, because we are also consumer, that why we have the pick up service as special offer and also pay the other half return postage. Thanks for understanding.

We do value our customers and cares about your guys.
__________________
Great Eonon Car Audio. Wishing roads were longer! http://www.eonon.com

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!


Last edited by EononCarDVD; 02-07-2014 at 10:25 PM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #358
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 873
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcdrums View Post
I need the software. It diesnt let me press the "x". It only makes press "ok"


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Hi trentcdrums, mole51 said that after he disconnected the car battery and re-connected it again, it disappeared then. Could you also try it again before update?
For GM5150, here is the software:
http://www.sbo2.com/cs_serial//BMW_A...146-131209.rar
__________________
Great Eonon Car Audio. Wishing roads were longer! http://www.eonon.com

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:47 PM   #359
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 873
My Ride: BMW E46
Hi guys, a great news to tell you that Eonon D5150 BMW E46 GPS also has the OEM BMW UI integrated now!
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...BMW/D5150.html





Now, we have 10+ people registered for the next GM5150 group buy .
the group buy will be activated soon. Any one interested in D5150 group buy?
__________________
Great Eonon Car Audio. Wishing roads were longer! http://www.eonon.com

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!


Last edited by EononCarDVD; 02-09-2014 at 10:27 PM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #360
Rebel158
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK - London
Posts: 23
My Ride: 330ci Msport
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi guys, firstly, we have tested all the products before sending out. But you know electronic products cannot be 100% perfect, specially the car unit function depends much on installation. We always will our best to improve the product and reduce the defective rate. I am sure we will do better. Thanks you for great support.
Regarding the postage, as we stated on the website that customer need pay return postage and we will pay the resend. You can check with your local Fedex or TNT that how much it will be cost you to return the head unit back to Hong Kong, i guess it will be at least 80USD or 50GBP, far more than 20USD or 15GBP. We can understand your feeling, because we are also consumer, that why we have the pick up service as special offer and also pay the other half return postage. Thanks for understanding.

We do value our customers and cares about your guys.
Hi, I don't mean to troll but that's a very poor excuse and making a simple catch all statement does not excuse the fact that many of these units seemingly ship as DOA or faulty. What about the poor chap earlier who mentioned that he has a 2nd faulty unit? 2 returns to you at his cost. Not good.
Rebel158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use