E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 02:01 AM   #541
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 839
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcdrums View Post
Weird.. I went into settings. Then system initialize or whatever then it stopped
Hi trentcdrums, glad to hear that the issue fixed.
__________________
http://www.eonon.com
EononCarDVD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:06 AM   #542
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 839
My Ride: BMW E46
And guys, here i have a question for you.

Many of our customers asked if we can provide a detailed installation manual and also if we have operation manual in other languages.
What do you think if we provide you VIDEOS of installation guide and ONLINE manuals in different languages, rather than the normal paper manual we used to do? It means we will not put operation manual in the package
Welcome to share with us your valuable opinions here. It's always important for us to move ahead! Thanks a lot!
__________________
http://www.eonon.com

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 03-21-2014 at 03:12 AM.
EononCarDVD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #543
semcoinc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 129
My Ride: 330Xi/335Xi/E53-X5
Hi Carlos,

In my humble opinion, I think the electronic documents and videos are an excellent idea as opposed to the paper manuals in the box.

If I were the product manager, I would consider including an 8GB (possibly smaller) Micro SD card or small USB flash drive with all the manuals and videos associated with the unit the customer has purchased. If you included a decent sized micro SD card, this would delight the customer that they also now had a card for their music or GPS files to use with the unit.

Another way of handling the manuals and videos details is to include a sticker on the unit which gave a web address where all the manuals and videos are located for the user to download.

Great to hear that you are considering ways to improve the user experience and installation. By far, this has been one of the most complex head unit installations I have experienced in my lifetime, made more difficult by the FAKRA cable configuration, antenna adapters & extensions and limited rear mounting space in the dash.

My install came together for me in about 5-1/2 hours (and even with that, I forgot to make the headlight 12V connection for headlight dimmer control :face palm so, it is definitely not a slam dunk simple old school "stereo" install of yesteryear.

Mike
__________________

Mike C.
DFW/ATW
E46/330Xi, E90/335Xi, E53/X5 4.4i
semcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:51 PM   #544
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 839
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by semcoinc View Post
Hi Carlos,

In my humble opinion, I think the electronic documents and videos are an excellent idea as opposed to the paper manuals in the box.

If I were the product manager, I would consider including an 8GB (possibly smaller) Micro SD card or small USB flash drive with all the manuals and videos associated with the unit the customer has purchased. If you included a decent sized micro SD card, this would delight the customer that they also now had a card for their music or GPS files to use with the unit.

Another way of handling the manuals and videos details is to include a sticker on the unit which gave a web address where all the manuals and videos are located for the user to download.

Great to hear that you are considering ways to improve the user experience and installation. By far, this has been one of the most complex head unit installations I have experienced in my lifetime, made more difficult by the FAKRA cable configuration, antenna adapters & extensions and limited rear mounting space in the dash.

My install came together for me in about 5-1/2 hours (and even with that, I forgot to make the headlight 12V connection for headlight dimmer control :face palm so, it is definitely not a slam dunk simple old school "stereo" install of yesteryear.

Mike
Hi Mike, thank you for your great support and providing us the suggestions. Great idea. And we will do better in the future for more convenient installation and save your time& trouble. Thanks again.
__________________
http://www.eonon.com
EononCarDVD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:52 AM   #545
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,023
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
I can't get the unit to read the navigation path with primo2.. Help?
__________________

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #546
Slupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 56
My Ride: 2004 330Cic ZHP
My version of Primo on the SD card had several different folders which appeared first. You need to scroll down until you see the Primo.exe (or something like that) and then select that.
Slupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #547
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,023
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slupe View Post
My version of Primo on the SD card had several different folders which appeared first. You need to scroll down until you see the Primo.exe (or something like that) and then select that.

I've went through every folder and can't find it
__________________

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #548
891CARLOS
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcdrums View Post
I've went through every folder and can't find it
Do you see the Primo2.exe file on your SD card?
Take the SD card to you computer/laptop and navigate to your SD card, file should be inside Primo2 folder: SDcard -> Primo2 -> Primo2.exe

a)If it is in the Primo2 folder, take it back to the unit. Once you are in the unit gps path menu, youll see the Primo2 folder (you may already be inside the folder) once your inside Primo2 folder only a couple files should be visible on the screen, try and scroll down and you'll find the Primo2.exe file.

b)if you don' have the Primo2.exe file to begin with, then that is your problem.
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:18 PM   #549
Slupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 56
My Ride: 2004 330Cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcdrums View Post
I've went through every folder and can't find it
I had the same problem. Mine was not in a folder, but the folders appear first. I kept opening folders and not finding the right file. Scroll down by sliding the list like you do in an iphone playlist and the exe file will be at the bottom
Slupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:15 PM   #550
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,023
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slupe View Post
I had the same problem. Mine was not in a folder, but the folders appear first. I kept opening folders and not finding the right file. Scroll down by sliding the list like you do in an iphone playlist and the exe file will be at the bottom

Wow very cool It worked. Now To figure out why it not showing any maps
__________________

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:08 PM   #551
Slupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 56
My Ride: 2004 330Cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcdrums View Post
Wow very cool It worked. Now To figure out why it not showing any maps
Glad it worked. Glad I could help someone since I have been getting plenty of help as a newbie! Once I found the exe file, my GPS works perfect, so can't help you there.
Slupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:06 AM   #552
screamy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hungary
Posts: 7
My Ride: E46 318i Touring
Pls. help everyone!!!

My D5150 unit has arrived last week. Sometimes the screen goes black, when i start my car! In the background the radio, the dvd player, and the other sources are working, i can navigate with the touchscreen, but the screen is black, i dont see anything!!! The unit is faulty???
screamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:05 AM   #553
sweet dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: cyprus and uk
Posts: 14
My Ride: e46 330ci and e36 co
@screamy all i can say is good luck with that. I bought the same unit 4 months ago and the internal mike does not work all i get told is send the unit back.I asked them to replace the mike board and send me it so i can replace it my self but they would not so i had to buy one from them at 90usd i think thats a rip off but you pay your money and takes your choice.I don'think i would buy from these guys again :-( shame as the unit works well other then that.
sweet dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:13 AM   #554
891CARLOS
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamy View Post
Pls. help everyone!!!
You should do the update, even if you have already. Maybe the update can set the unit to factory state. Your issue is weird and if the reset/update cannot fixed it, returned it as you have 2yr warranty. Let me know if you need help with the update.

@SweetDude, I recall that you had bought the unit from ebay seller(or was it someone else) and not from Eonon. You than contacted Eonon to help you out and they did help selling you the board. If you had bought the unit from Eonon, you would have the 2yr warranty! and they would of fixed it for free(other than the fee to returned it tough)
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:03 AM   #555
screamy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hungary
Posts: 7
My Ride: E46 318i Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by 891CARLOS View Post
Let me know if you need help with the update.
Yes, i need your help! Pls let me know, how can i do the update process to fix my unit! I have bought this unit from Eonon website two weeks ago, but i have forgotten to sketch up the serial number. The unit is in the dash now. In this fact how can i register the 2 years warranty. Is anywhere my unit's serial number???

Many thanks...
screamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #556
891CARLOS
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamy View Post
Yes, i need your help! Pls let me know, how can i do the update process to fix my unit! I have bought this unit from Eonon website two weeks ago, but i have forgotten to sketch up the serial number. The unit is in the dash now. In this fact how can i register the 2 years warranty. Is anywhere my unit's serial number???

Many thanks...
If you bought it from Eonon web site then you have the 2yr warranty. No need to register, Eonon correct me if this is wrong.

I will PM you with details regarding the update.
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #557
sweet dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: cyprus and uk
Posts: 14
My Ride: e46 330ci and e36 co
@891carlos yes i did buy it from ebay but when i emailed them the replys was from teddy from eonon the same person on here i think as i have all the emails sent to them i think it was a bit por for me having to pay for the postage to send it back as the unit come faulty plus i did not want to drive a round with a big gap in my dashboard for weeks until i got it back.would you ?? All i wanted was a new board sent to me so i could exchange it and send back the faulty one instead iv bought a new one for 90usd.
sweet dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:56 PM   #558
891CARLOS
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet dude View Post
@891carlos yes i did buy it from ebay but when i emailed them the replys was from teddy from eonon the same person on here i think as i have all the emails sent to them i think it was a bit por for me having to pay for the postage to send it back as the unit come faulty plus i did not want to drive a round with a big gap in my dashboard for weeks until i got it back.would you ?? All i wanted was a new board sent to me so i could exchange it and send back the faulty one instead iv bought a new one for 90usd.
So you bought it from Eonon on ebay? I believe Eonon does not sell on ebay, could be wrong. Of course I would not liked to drive without a unit on my car, but $20 to ship it back against $90 for the board and having to do the work for them, I would of just returned it and waited, but that's just me!
Although I'm not with Eonon charging people $20 to send back DOA products! your case is in a way different since you bought it from a third party.

Be aware that there are couple "sellers" on ebay with Eonon products, these guys are not Eonon distributors and many people buying from them have had the same bad customer service as you. I think Eonon was helpful selling you just the board for a product you bought elsewhere, even if it is their product. You can even check Eonon site, they have a declaimer at the bottom of their site stating this issue.
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #559
sweet dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: cyprus and uk
Posts: 14
My Ride: e46 330ci and e36 co
HI 891carlos thanks for the reply i will do that but the problem is i live in the uk and the postage with recorded was 45.00 and noe $20 i wished it was then i would have sent it back. I am greatfull that eonon have sold me the pcb board as the unit is very good other then the mike not working all i was getting was noise and sounded very distant so was unusable.
this is the last part of the email when i bought it and the email addy from were it come from. To avoid dispute with courier, please kindly check the parcel before the courier leaves. Thank you for co-operation

Kind Regards
eonon

Email: ebayeonon@gmail.com
sweet dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #560
891CARLOS
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet dude View Post
HI 891carlos thanks for the reply i will do that but the problem is i live in the uk and the postage with recorded was 45.00 and noe $20 i wished it was then i would have sent it back. I am greatfull that eonon have sold me the pcb board as the unit is very good other then the mike not working all i was getting was noise and sounded very distant so was unusable.
this is the last part of the email when i bought it and the email addy from were it come from. To avoid dispute with courier, please kindly check the parcel before the courier leaves. Thank you for co-operation

Kind Regards
eonon

Email: ebayeonon@gmail.com
You actually didn't sound so grateful when you replied to screamy! just saying. Not trying to defend Eonon, cause I still don't agree with the DOA return fee but you are bashing on them when it wasn't their fault.

Anyway, you should post the ebay seller name here to help others avoid them. Also for Eonon to be aware of seller and take them out from using their name on Ebay. If in any case this is Eonon, they should of replace the board for free or you should of just returned it for a replacement or issued a Paypal claim.
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use