E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #561
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamy View Post
Pls. help everyone!!!

My D5150 unit has arrived last week. Sometimes the screen goes black, when i start my car! In the background the radio, the dvd player, and the other sources are working, i can navigate with the touchscreen, but the screen is black, i dont see anything!!! The unit is faulty???
Quote:
Originally Posted by 891CARLOS View Post
If you bought it from Eonon web site then you have the 2yr warranty. No need to register, Eonon correct me if this is wrong.

I will PM you with details regarding the update.
Hi screamy, no worry 2 Carlos will help you out with your issue, one is our expert and fan Carlos from this forum, and one is me from Eonon.

Except for Carlos' suggestion, you can also try to reset the unit, disconnect and reconnect the unit, and check if the voltage is steady 12V in the unit, thanks!

Carlos, no need to correct, we have the 2 year warranty for you guys automatically in our system. Always thanks a lot for your great help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet dude View Post
HI 891carlos thanks for the reply i will do that but the problem is i live in the uk and the postage with recorded was £45.00 and noe $20 i wished it was then i would have sent it back. I am greatfull that eonon have sold me the pcb board as the unit is very good other then the mike not working all i was getting was noise and sounded very distant so was unusable.
this is the last part of the email when i bought it and the email addy from were it come from. To avoid dispute with courier, please kindly check the parcel before the courier leaves. Thank you for co-operation

Kind Regards
eonon

Email: ebayeonon@gmail.com
Quote:
You actually didn't sound so grateful when you replied to screamy! just saying. Not trying to defend Eonon, cause I still don't agree with the DOA return fee but you are bashing on them when it wasn't their fault.

Anyway, you should post the ebay seller name here to help others avoid them. Also for Eonon to be aware of seller and take them out from using their name on Ebay. If in any case this is Eonon, they should of replace the board for free or you should of just returned it for a replacement or issued a Paypal claim.
Carlos, according to the Email address sweet dude provide, he should get the unit from our legal ebay store. As far as I know from our ebay customer service, usually they don't sell the mic panel since it's an internal part, but for his case, they have tried their best to book it from the factory specially.
So yes sweet dude, you should say thanks to them also.

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 04-02-2014 at 10:44 PM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:58 AM   #562
sweet dude

My Ride: e46 330ci and e36 co
HI 891carlos yes i think i should have done that via paypal.And reply to eonon i have emailed luby and teddy to say thanks for your help but as you said it was from you guys i bought the unit i should have had a replacement board for free under warranty and i would have sent back the faulty one. Also i over payed as paypal sent the payment in euros not usd so im also wating on a 25 euro refund BUT THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND REPLY.
sweet dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #563
891CARLOS

My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
Quote:
HI 891carlos yes i think i should have done that via paypal.And reply to eonon i have emailed luby and teddy to say thanks for your help but as you said it was from you guys i bought the unit i should have had a replacement board for free under warranty and i would have sent back the faulty one. Also i over payed as paypal sent the payment in euros not usd so im also wating on a 25 euro refund BUT THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND REPLY.
Wow now I see your frustration! You got overcharged and a faulty unit!
I do agree that Eonon should of replace your unit at their expense. Have you paid the $90 for the board already? If not, I would recommend to return unit and get a replacement(even tough you'll be without a unit on your car but better than having a faulty one).

Hope all works out for you

Eonon, you should not charge a return fee for DOA units! I understand that when a customer has "used" the product for a period of time when there is normal wear and tear, customer should be responsible for return fees but not when a unit arrives faulty.
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #564
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Hi guys, if some parts of the unit arrive faulty, we can provide a new part for free if the part is not very expensive no matter if you bought from our official sit or ebay, like clips, power cable, etc. But for other expensive parts like can bus, GPS SD card, or the board in your case, you have to pay for it yourself, or you can send the unit back at your expense and get free repair or replacement from us then. It’s just your choice to make.

We provide free customer support, free repair service or replacement in as long as 2 years in the long run, hope you can understand it also costs a lot. But customers only need to pay little part of shipping fee. We have already tried our best to help you save, thanks for your understanding!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:00 AM   #565
891CARLOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi guys, if some parts of the unit arrive faulty, we can provide a new part for free if the part is not very expensive no matter if you bought from our official sit or ebay, like clips, power cable, etc. But for other expensive parts like can bus, GPS SD card, or the board in your case, you have to pay for it yourself, or you can send the unit back at your expense and get free repair or replacement from us then. It’s just your choice to make.

We provide free customer support, free repair service or replacement in as long as 2 years in the long run, hope you can understand it also costs a lot. But customers only need to pay little part of shipping fee. We have already tried our best to help you save, thanks for your understanding!
I totally agree with Eonon here! If you receive a defective unit, you should just return the unit to get it replaced, repaired. I still don't agree with customer paying for the return fee, but it is better to pay that amount instead of buying the part yourself and installing yourself.

Having that said, Eonon cannot take the chance of customer tampering with the product as in @Sweet_Dude case, and opening the unit to try and repaired it himself. A lot can go wrong here and also as he needs to open the unit the warranty may be void.

Eonon, your tech/quality/inspection departments should make sure all products are shipped functional. This will avoid complaints and avoid customer paying for returns which will in turn be 100% customer satisfaction!

Customers, If you receive a defective unit, get a RMA from Eonon and return the unit to get it replaced or repaired. I know this is not satisfactory but it is better than having a defective product.

@SweetDude, you should returned the unit if you haven't paid for the board. You'll be without a unit for some time but it'll be best for you to have it repaired by them and save yourself $ and the hassle of doing repairs yourself.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:19 AM   #566
sweet dude

My Ride: e46 330ci and e36 co
HI 891carlos the reason why i did'nt return the unit is because of the price of the postage from the uk 45 pounds. As this was far to expensive to do that i thought just asking for a replacment mike pcb board would be fine and i could return the faulty one as for fixing it i can as im a engineer and i fix ipads and iphones every day so this unit would'nt be hard to fix but as its under warranty i think i should'nt have to pay for it but hay ho i did now $90.00usd and just wating for it to come i will replace it with the new one and hope thats that and its ok but iv seen on the net other people have had the same problem i think it would be so easy to make this unit with an exturnal mike and maybe the problem would be solved.Anyway thanks for your input and to eonon for helping me and the 25euros refund today.
sweet dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #567
891CARLOS

Quote:
HI 891carlos the reason why i did'nt return the unit is because of the price of the postage from the uk 45 pounds. As this was far to expensive to do that i thought just asking for a replacment mike pcb board would be fine and i could return the faulty one as for fixing it i can as im a engineer and i fix ipads and iphones every day so this unit would'nt be hard to fix but as its under warranty i think i should'nt have to pay for it but hay ho i did now $90.00usd and just wating for it to come i will replace it with the new one and hope thats that and its ok but iv seen on the net other people have had the same problem i think it would be so easy to make this unit with an exturnal mike and maybe the problem would be solved.Anyway thanks for your input and to eonon for helping me and the 25euros refund today.
WOW 45pounds(75USD) that is expensive. Eonon this is another example to take into consideration. In US we pay around $20USD(13pounds) to ship unit back, but other people may have to pay more than this as SweetDude. This is just for defective product at arrival, other cases where customer has been using product for some time than I guess customer could take care of return fees.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #568
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
WOW 45pounds(75USD) that is expensive. Eonon this is another example to take into consideration. In US we pay around $20USD(13pounds) to ship unit back, but other people may have to pay more than this as SweetDude. This is just for defective product at arrival, other cases where customer has been using product for some time than I guess customer could take care of return fees.
That is only a part of the problem for us that DO have to pay customs tax. If Eonon sends you replacement unit, or even if they only fix the returned unit, customs will tax you once again, just as if you bought another unit. And for some of us, customs tax+VAT is as high as 100 euros (~$130) <- my case!

Last edited by daki_bmw; 04-04-2014 at 11:39 AM.
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #569
J0se

My Ride: e46 coupe facelift
Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
That is only a part of the problem for us that DO have to pay customs tax. If Eonon sends you replacement unit, or even if they only fix the returned unit, customs will tax you once again, just as if you bought another unit. And for some of us, customs tax+VAT is as high as 100 euros (~$130) <- my case!
Hello daki.

Couldn't EONON reduce the declared value of the package in order to make you pay less import taxes?
That's what many other 2DIN sellers do...

cheers
J0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #570
891CARLOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0se View Post
Hello daki.

Couldn't EONON reduce the declared value of the package in order to make you pay less import taxes?

cheers
@Daki You are completely right, some of you guys have to pay tax/duty!! That gets expensive real fast for you guys! Jose is right, I believe Eonon did this already with someone else here, you should ask them to help lower the value to at least lower tax/duties.

@Jose, tio no eh visto españoles en este sitio. SALUDOS
Old 04-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #571
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Hello daki.

cheers
Yes, they can and they do...but they can't declare the value of like $50, it's too obvious... Anyway, they forgot to lower the value of my unit, so the customs used the real value... $490 later (unit+shipping+customs tax+VAT), I still love my unit. <3
Old 04-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #572
J0se

Quote:
@Daki You are completely right, some of you guys have to pay tax/duty!! That gets expensive real fast for you guys! Jose is right, I believe Eonon did this already with someone else here, you should ask them to help lower the value to at least lower tax/duties.

@Jose, tio no eh visto españoles en este sitio. SALUDOS
Vaya..llevo leyéndote un par de semanas en todos los hilos relacionados con esta radio y nunca me imaginé que fueras español jejeje

Un saludo !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
Yes, they can and they do...but they can't declare the value of like $50, it's too obvious... Anyway, they forgot to lower the value of my unit, so the customs used the real value... $490 later (unit+shipping+customs tax+VAT), I still love my unit. <3

They should mark the unit as a Maintenance model with no commercial value". This way they can declare ammounts like 60€-80€ and you only have to pay around 30-40€ in taxes. I've seen those invoices in spanish BMW forums and custom tax gets even lower when you buy more than one unit.

Right now...this is the only thing that keeps me from buying Eonon GM5150. There's no way I'm paying 100€ in taxes for a radio whose price is 289€. It's inconceivable.

I'm sure if EONON could do this...they would definitely get to Europe market

Regards
Old 04-04-2014, 03:51 PM   #573
891CARLOS

Quote:
Vaya..llevo leyéndote un par de semanas en todos los hilos relacionados con esta radio y nunca me imaginé que fueras español jejeje

Un saludo !!
Jose, no naci en españa pero bueno aunque tengo raizes españolas sin duda, parte de mis abuelos pero no tengo el gusto de conoser la madre patria jejeje (creo y ke toda america latina tiene un poco de raiz espoñola, no?) solo y ke me impresiono leer de alguien de españa en este sitio.

Quote:
They should mark the unit as a Maintenance model with no commercial value". This way they can declare ammounts like 60€-80€ and you only have to pay around 30-40€ in taxes. I've seen those invoices in spanish BMW forums and custom tax gets even lower when you buy more than one unit.
Right now...this is the only thing that keeps me from buying Eonon GM5150. There's no way I'm paying 100€ in taxes for a radio whose price is 289€. It's inconceivable.
Regards
Wow all you guys in Europe get screwed up by customs!! You may want to talk to Eonon and let them know these issues you guys are encountering, I bet they might be of some help, hopefully.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #574
J0se

Quote:
Jose, no naci en españa pero bueno aunque tengo raizes españolas sin duda, parte de mis abuelos pero no tengo el gusto de conoser la madre patria jejeje (creo y ke toda america latina tiene un poco de raiz espoñola, no?) solo y ke me impresiono leer de alguien de españa en este sitio.
Pues la verdad es que llevo aquí casi desde que compré el coche hace más 3 años y a pesar de que en España también hay varios foros de BMW con mucha actividad...e46fanatics se encuentra un nivel por encima, conectando entusiastas del modelo de todas las partes del mundo. No suelo participar demasiado, pero me paso muchas horas leyendo y aprendiendo cada día algo nuevo jeje.

Por curiosidad...¿de qué zona son tus abuelos? Ya va siendo hora de que te reencuentres con tus raíces

Quote:
Wow all you guys in Europe get screwed up by customs!! You may want to talk to Eonon and let them know these issues you guys are encountering, I bet they might be of some help, hopefully.
Back to your language...lol

I'm pretty sure I will talk with the other CARLOS about it.

However, now I'm more concerned about the problem with the launch.exe error on both units. And I wonder if Eonon has updated the internal mic of D5150 since all costumers were having problems with the audio quality of bluetooth phonecalls in the firsts units.

I'm aware Eonon digged a bigger hole in the front plate but... was that all? Or do we have to break the warranty seal to attempt the External mic DIY if we want a a decent audio capture?

Sorry for all the questions. I guess I've never asked them before because I wasn't so sure of the buy till now

Best Regards

Last edited by J0se; 04-07-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #575
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Regards
Hola Jose, bienvenido a este foro! Tambien se un poco de espanol. pero es mejor comunicarse en ingles para nosotros.

Usually we mark lower than normal price in our invoice to help you save more on tax. But some customs are very strict, which we can’t control. And it also depends on your luck!

We have already entered the Europe market successfully with many customers, including Spanish! That’s why we have an Italian website here: http://it.eonon.com/ They’re all quite happy and satisfied with Eonon! It’s still quite worthy to get Eonon even if with tax, you can see the example of daki.

Welcome to join our group buy too! Just order from the GB links below is OK:
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...W/GM5150T.html
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...MW/D5150T.html

Quote:

Hi CARLOS, usually for the returned product to ship again, we will mark the unit as “Returned for Repair”, but for some strict customs we won’t do it since it may have high risk of getting punished. Hope you can understand we’ve done our best to help you guys already! Thanks!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #576
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Back to your language...lol

I'm pretty sure I will talk with the other CARLOS about it.

However, now I'm more concerned about the problem with the launch.exe error on both units. And I wonder if Eonon has updated the internal mic of D5150 since all costumers were having problems with the audio quality of bluetooth phonecalls in the firsts units.

I'm aware Eonon digged a bigger hole in the front plate but... was that all? Or do we have to break the warranty seal to attempt the External mic DIY if we want a a decent audio capture?

Sorry for all the questions. I guess I've never asked them before because I wasn't so sure of the buy till now

Best Regards
Hi J0se, actually I highly recommend you to get the GM5150, which is with no launch.exe error any more, and with external mic feature. This unit removes all of your worries. For the D5150, it’s still not so up-to-date currently, but it will be updated too after this batch of units sold out. Thanks!

Just order from here with GB price:
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...W/GM5150T.html
Old 04-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #577
S54 TBO

My Ride: E46 M3
Hi all,

Just fitted my GM5150 over the weekend, its great! Only problem i have is there is no radio reception whatsoever! My car had the nav unit so i also had to buy the extension cable(from Eonon). Problem is there is no where for me to connect the radio cable (supplied by eonon) to.

Any one have any ideas what i can do?

cheers
S54 TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #578
891CARLOS

Quote:
No suelo participar demasiado, pero me paso muchas horas leyendo y aprendiendo cada día algo nuevo jeje.
Yo por igual eh aprendido mucho en este sitio, si nesesitas ayuda con gusto a tu servicio.

Quote:
Por curiosidad...¿de qué zona son tus abuelos? Ya va siendo hora de que te reencuentres con tus raíces
La verdad eske nose exactamente y es muy claro y ovio que si nesesito aprender de mis raices!! Ojala y pudiera ir a visitar a familia que no conosco, muy pronto sera.

Quote:

Best Regards
Just like Eonon replied, Both units have an update that solved the launch.exe error. GM5150 with external mic seems to be shipping out with that update already. A lot of us had to do the update ourselves on earlier units after Eonon recognize that issue.

Eonon did not "dig" a bigger whole, that was someone from this site that made that modification and made a DIY for others to follow. Yes, earlier units had issues with Bluetooth sound quality, I can assure you that Eonon has improved that issue since GM5150 was out in the market, I personally have no issues with sound when making calls.

Right now, GM5150 has both internal + external mic(I should of waited 3weeks) D5150(BMW UI) at the moment has no external mic but has the updated internal mic that people have not really complaint about it.

Jose, you might want to wait for the updated D5150 with external mic if you really want the D'series. Otherwise you can get the GM5150 that has all the updated UI and features and no Launch.exe error.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #579
semcoinc

My Ride: 330Xi/335Xi/E53-X5
I am told by people on the phone with me that the GM5150 internal mic for the unit they shipped me in January, is very good.

I must have just missed the switchover to an external mic on the GM5150.

Regardless, I am happy with the internal mic they have supplied on the GM5150 just before they went to providing the external mic with their GM5150 units.

Mike

Mike C.
DFW/ATW
E46/330Xi, E90/335Xi, E53/X5 4.4i
semcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:40 PM   #580
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by semcoinc View Post
I am told by people on the phone with me that the GM5150 internal mic for the unit they shipped me in January, is very good.

I must have just missed the switchover to an external mic on the GM5150.

Regardless, I am happy with the internal mic they have supplied on the GM5150 just before they went to providing the external mic with their GM5150 units.

Mike
Hi Mike, glad to hear the bluetooth effect is good too with built-in mic. Welcome to share with us more of your nice installation pics and review! thanks a lot!