E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #81
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SdG64 View Post
Hi guys,
I'm new here, but I already have a bad experience with Eonon after receiving the D5150 in the first week of November.
Since one month I'm trying to get them to ship me the missing/wrong parts for my unit. These are essential to the operation of it, I'm talking about the GPS antenna and iPod connector cable, none came in the box.
The advertisement also had a picture of the nice new remote, which I don't really care about, but I received a big, bulky remote with more buttons than I can think of being necessary.
To make a long story short, their customer support is incredibly slow and now unresponsive. Silence.
I am not a proud owner of an oversized, overpriced CD player, since I can't hook up the FM antenna without modifying an adapter that you guys pointed out in another post (thank you!), and refuse to order it until EONON finally decides to get back to me on this.
I filed a claim with Paypal, let's see how this works out since I'm dealing with a Hong Kong seller...
I tried to call their 818-number from the website support tab, no luck here either!

I truly hope that I can rattle some cages here and I want to make you guys understand what is happening behind the scenes of this product. I honestly like it and I believe once it is complete it will make me smile, but so far is it a BIG disappointment!
Hi SdG64, sorry to hear that. However, don't worry, Eonon team will help you. Firstly, only the unit shipped out after Nov.24, 2013 has NFC URC included. If you received the unit at the beginning of Nov, then it only has the normal remote. Hope you can kindly understand it. Thanks
Meanwhile, regarding missing the GPS antenna and iPod cable, would you kindly PM me the order number? I am Carlos, you can contact me directly, i will check it for you and give you a satisfied answer then.

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 12-23-2013 at 09:49 PM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #82
VKnid

My Ride: 2002 330i
I had tried to order the D5150 before I found out about the group buy and the new model. There was some kind of hang up with processing my credit card. I guess this was actually some good luck. The order for the D5150 is cancelled. Made a new order for the GM5150 using Paypal. PM sent. Thanks.
VKnid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #83
supratoy

My Ride: 325i
i placed order last night for the GM5150, while on chat with one of your rep. can you verify the order and sed me the order number.
supratoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #84
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKnid View Post
I had tried to order the D5150 before I found out about the group buy and the new model. There was some kind of hang up with processing my credit card. I guess this was actually some good luck. The order for the D5150 is cancelled. Made a new order for the GM5150 using Paypal. PM sent. Thanks.
Hi VKnid, Merry Christmas!
glad to hear that and you are a lucky guy.
We have already got your new order for GM5150 and will arrange shipment to you as soon as possible. Hope you will get it soon and love it!

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Old 12-25-2013, 02:39 AM   #85
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by supratoy View Post
i placed order last night for the GM5150, while on chat with one of your rep. can you verify the order and sed me the order number.
Hi supratoy, yes, we have already got the payment, don't worry. I have PMed you, please kindly check it. Wish you Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #86
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Hi guys, Merry Christmas! May the Christmas Magic Brings you health, wealth and peace!
Thank you for your support to Eonon! We have a Christmas Gift for you guys. Look at the special Christmas Card with the Eonon exclusive BMW UI! It is very cool, right? Hope you like it! Haha.....

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 12-25-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #87
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
3rd Group Buy for Eonon D5150 + GM5150 BMW E46 Car GPS with Screen Mirroring &N

What exactly is the difference in the UI between the GM and D versions? Is one better than the other (apart from the added features). For example, is the input source switching bug still present on the GM unit (always different upon startup) are there any known bugs with the GM? Aka I'd like to see a video of the UI to compare. Why exactly are they not just the same UI? Doesn't the GM look similar to the 5113 model? If so that would lead me to believe that the GMs UI is not better. I was just curious as to what exactly are the differences in the units. (APART from the screen mirroring). You mentioned there is a different screen in the two units? What else is different. I'm sure other people have these questions.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 12-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #88
SzarY

My Ride: e46
TR4G I asked about the same. No one here knows about bugs of GM, because no one here used it yet, but its just arriving to the first users. About UI its really quit similar with D5113, probably bit updated and in GM has no 3D screen. Oh and theres no yet any video presenting The GMs UI Here is what Carlos said about advantage and dissadvantafe of UI in another thread:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD
Hi guys, firstly, thank you so much for give us support so that we can make so much improvement to our products. We always try our best to provide better service to you guys. EONON is not the Chinese company you mentioned, because we know the word of mouth is more important than a brand. Also that is why we provide 2 year warranty for our products.

The UI cannot be updated by the software doesn't mean our R&D are laziness or we don't want spend money to support you guys. I have checked with the product department, the main reason is the supplier of the LCD screen was changed. The new product GM5150 has the different LCD screen as the D5150 we shipped out before and now. That is why the UI cannot be updated by the software. We also want to update it for you but we tested, there is 80% probability to have touch screen issue and 30% probability to have blue screen & crash issues after updated.
I have explained it to the forum customers who owned the old version D5165, all of them can understand it. Hope you can kindly understand it too.

Meanwhile, actually, every UI has the Advantages and disadvantages. The different of "Old-(D5113)-UI" and "New-(GM5150)-UI is the new one has 3 colors available and it is not 3D UI. Compared to the current UI of D5150, it will looks more OEM, but as daki_bmw mentioned, the current UI of D5150 is easier for you guys to navigate when driving and also there is the background picture optional which made you car more fashionable.
Both UI are good to use. For me, if update the current UI to OEM one will cause troubles, I will choose to keep the current stable UI. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by SzarY; 12-25-2013 at 06:14 PM.
SzarY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #89
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
3rd Group Buy for Eonon D5150 + GM5150 BMW E46 Car GPS with Screen Mirroring &N

Oh man. So now I have to decide between GM and D versions. Not sure which I would prefer. Why did you choose GM?

Old 12-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #90
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4G- View Post
What exactly is the difference in the UI between the GM and D versions? Is one better than the other (apart from the added features). For example, is the input source switching bug still present on the GM unit (always different upon startup) are there any known bugs with the GM? Aka I'd like to see a video of the UI to compare. Why exactly are they not just the same UI? Doesn't the GM look similar to the 5113 model? If so that would lead me to believe that the GMs UI is not better. I was just curious as to what exactly are the differences in the units. (APART from the screen mirroring). You mentioned there is a different screen in the two units? What else is different. I'm sure other people have these questions.

Hi TR4G-, thanks for reply. Firstly, all the unit ( including GM5150 and D5150) we have now don't have the issue you mentioned. Don't worry. Meanwhile, GM5150 = D5150 (version now)+ Screen Mirroring+ BMW UI, but i have latest news that the next batch of D5150 also will have BMW UI integrated. It will be around the middle of next month. So if you want the new updated BMW UI but don't need the screen mirroring function, maybe you can wait for the next version of D5150 with new UI. But i still suggest you take GM5150, since it is much more powerful than D5150. Especially, we have GB now, you can save a lot, Thanks!

Old 12-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #91
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Hi guys, here is the video demo of GM5150. please take it for reference.

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 12-25-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #92
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi TR4G-, thanks for reply. Firstly, all the unit ( including GM5150 and D5150) we have now don't have the issue you mentioned. Don't worry. Meanwhile, GM5150 = D5150 (version now)+ Screen Mirroring+ BMW UI, but i have latest news that the next batch of D5150 also will have BMW UI integrated. It will be around the middle of next month. So if you want the new updated BMW UI but don't need the screen mirroring function, maybe you can wait for the next version of D5150 with new UI. But i still suggest you take GM5150, since it is much more powerful than D5150. Especially, we have GB now, you can save a lot, Thanks!
Will there be a gb for the upgraded d5150?
Old 12-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #93
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Re: 3rd Group Buy for Eonon D5150 + GM5150 BMW E46 Car GPS with Screen Mirroring &NFC

Is the new UI a software upgrade? Something those of us that bought previous versions can upgrade?
Old 12-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #94
sivesalaki

My Ride: e46 318ci
Hi . What if i am in the UK and i wanna buy it from this group discount. Do you lot provide UK/europe maps and whats the price.

Thanks
sivesalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #95
Nightwatch

My Ride: 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivesalaki View Post
Hi . What if i am in the UK and i wanna buy it from this group discount. Do you lot provide UK/europe maps and whats the price.

Thanks
Very interested in this question also and can it be shipped from UK (Europe etc. ) to avoid taxes and what we in Sweden call "moms". Since our tax here in Sweden are 18% on price + shipping and then on top we pay "moms" thats 25% of the price also, sadly the price sky rockets fast compaired to original price. I know this issue has been adressed before but fail to remember the solution. I would be very happy to have this unit in my E46 330xi, but as it is now, its basiclly cheaper for me to buy a unit from a competitor since they sell within the european union ( no tax and "moms" extra for me )

Kind Regards,
Nightwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #96
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwatch View Post
Very interested in this question also and can it be shipped from UK (Europe etc. ) to avoid taxes and what we in Sweden call "moms". Since our tax here in Sweden are 18% on price + shipping and then on top we pay "moms" thats 25% of the price also, sadly the price sky rockets fast compaired to original price. I know this issue has been adressed before but fail to remember the solution. I would be very happy to have this unit in my E46 330xi, but as it is now, its basiclly cheaper for me to buy a unit from a competitor since they sell within the european union ( no tax and "moms" extra for me )

Kind Regards,
I've had to pay around 100 for customs and tax. Still it was a lot cheaper than "expensive" units and a bit cheaper than "other" units (Hualingan, Enco, etc.) without any support and users feedback whatsoever...
Old 12-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #97
Nightwatch

My Ride: 330xi
Sorry to hear that m8 .

But taken to account the warrenty + the fact i can basiclly go to town and bash a door in ( the supplier is about 20km away ) if the unit is faulty or if i need help is worth abit also ofc, i really like the looks and community around the Eonon product, hope we can get a respons in the matter soon and come to a solution. .

Kind Regards,
Nightwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #98
coys

My Ride: E46 330Ci Clubsport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwatch View Post

Kind Regards,

I agree with this,if it was available to buy in the UK i would buy one today but the problem buying from Hong Kong if there is any faults in the unit the postage to return would cost me 90 GBP which is 40% of the unit price and there is 20% taxes to pay as well even though some people do get away with it.

Come on Eonon how about setting up a EU distributor for your European customers?
coys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #99
Shawnhonolulu

My Ride: E46 convertible
Are all the bugs worked out of the new GM5150 that were on the D5150? Such as the 90 degree ipod cable, included radio antenna, random aux input when starting and microphone sound quality?

Is there anything we else we need to buy other then the A/C relocation unit to install this?

I am tempted to get in on this group buy, how long will it be open for?

Thank you

Last edited by Shawnhonolulu; 12-29-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Shawnhonolulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #100
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpiabota809 View Post
Will there be a gb for the upgraded d5150?
Hi limpiabota809, i cannot sure about that at the moment. It should be around the beginning or the middle of Jan,2014. I am cannot sure about that at the moment. But once the next batch of D5150 with BMW UI integrated arrived, we will keep you informed then. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 12-29-2013 at 09:40 PM.