E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
bluba

My Ride: 2002 m3 HPF stage 2
E85 on HPF/AEM V1

Any one running e85 tune on AEM V1 or got any input on this set up? I got HPF stage 2. Thinking of doing the e85 tune with the e85 fuel pump and new injectors.
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
I ran 800rwhp on the V1...not worth it without knowing your ethanol content in addition you have to load a different tune each time you want to change...not as simple as flicking the race switch unfortunately.

My advice would be pump, injectors and AEM Infinity with a Flex Sensor.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
bluba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
I ran 800rwhp on the V1...not worth it without knowing your ethanol content in addition you have to load a different tune each time you want to change...not as simple as flicking the race switch unfortunately.

My advice would be pump, injectors and AEM Infinity with a Flex Sensor.
What's the update on the infinity! I haven't heard much, are all the bugs worked out
Old 12-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
Commanderwiggin

I know there's like 10+ cars running on the Infinity with no issues so yes issues resolved
Old 12-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #5
Lab22
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluba View Post
What's the update on the infinity! I haven't heard much, are all the bugs worked out
The only issue we've had with the infinity was with the DC Motor that controls the throttle body. The throttle linkage in the S54 has a stiff spring inside of it can cause slight tracking issues which in return will throw an EML. Basically there's a window of error allowed when controlling the DC Motor that drives the throttle bodies and when that window of error is exceeded due to issues tracking the actual location of the throttle body as opposed to the targeted location, the infinity (by design) will eml and shut the throttle off out of safety.

We (John) found that replacing the spring in the throttle body linkage to a bushing would eliminate the issue. We gave that feedback to AEM and they rectified the issue quickly and did extensive testing. We also further dialed in the PID's for the DC Motor control. No issues now.

Quote:
I know there's like 10+ cars running on the Infinity with no issues so yes issues resolved
I want to say we have about 15 cars or so out there with the Infinity. Ranging everywhere from Dexter and Stanley's stock motor setups with Max PSI and HPF Hardware respectively all the way up to yours and Marcus's cars making over 1000whp on them.

The issue we had with Marcus's car at Shift-S3ctor was not infinity related.. it was actually us just making a little to much torque down low on what turned out to be the lightweight (aka N/A) Pauter rods and not the rods we've used in all our built motors. We reused his rods in his high comp build, so those were the rods that the last builder put in there. Here are those rods, compared to the rods we've been using in all our builds, and now also in marcus's latest bottom end rebuild.

I will say this, those N/A Pauter rods rated to about 500hp held 1000rwhp for dozens and dozens of dyno pulls, and over 750mi on the rod before finally bending at Shift-S3ctor. Pretty impressive.
Lab22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #6
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Awesome!

so has the Cruise control button/option also been resolved or do you flat out lose cruise control on the new AEM Infinity-8?

Bluba, check your pm
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:14 AM   #7
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Re: E85 on HPF/AEM V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrinco01 View Post
Awesome!

so has the Cruise control button/option also been resolved or do you flat out lose cruise control on the new AEM Infinity-8?

Bluba, check your pm
I'm pretty confident cruise control is gone and won't be a feature aem supports directly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BimmerApp mobile app

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #8
lrinco01

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
I'm pretty confident cruise control is gone and won't be a feature aem supports directly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BimmerApp mobile app
Damn, That Sucks major ass. they can take the feature away and not spend any time on how to give it back or atleast make a choice. f**k!

I no longer have a choice, I'm committed (Purchased) with the new AEM Infinity-8 but I'm going to have to pray someone figures out a way around this or I'll never drive my M3 long distance and trailer her everywhere over a 3hr trip

Brian, I sent Dave a Text, he is in Cali and running E85 on his AEM V1 since last Spring. i asked him to jump in here and answer your Initial question. I'm going the aem INFINITY-8/Radium fuel system/ID1000/Flex Fuel tuned for/on E85 Route myself.
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

FOR SALE:

Last edited by lrinco01; 12-11-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:38 AM   #9
Commanderwiggin

Rico why not the ID1300's? I would

Also the reason AEM doesn't offer cruise control is because it's an offroad product. I struggle with this also yet I managed to drive all the way down to LA twice now from Portland.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:33 AM   #10
lrinco01

Quote:
Rico why not the ID1300's? I would

Also the reason AEM doesn't offer cruise control is because it's an offroad product. I struggle with this also yet I managed to drive all the way down to LA twice now from Portland.
Wassup Kenton, why not ID1300s? doesn't really matter other then drive ability. i plan on staying on my stock motor another year unless something goes wrong so i figured the ID1000 would be a great compromise.

once i do build the motor, i plan on building and stroking this Bitch!

I May end up being the only 3.5Liter S54 with our Turbo set-up.

Ultimately i will go with which ever injectors John recommends knowing my timeline and goals. im sure the cost difference between the 1000s and 1300s are not that significant.

FOR SALE:

Last edited by lrinco01; 12-11-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:34 AM   #11
Commanderwiggin

1300's are the latest and greatest work between bosch motorsport and ID. The 3.5 setup would prove to be a reliability issue I would think...imo keep it simple and you will be happy
Old 12-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #12
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: Turbo M3 7168 27PSI
Send a message via Skype™ to being3
E85 on HPF/AEM V1

Quote:
1300's are the latest and greatest work between bosch motorsport and ID. The 3.5 setup would prove to be a reliability issue I would think...imo keep it simple and you will be happy
I agree with the simplicity approach for sure... Very wise
Old 12-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #13
bluba

Well E85 bond. Ordered the injectors, e85 fuel pump,flex sensor and some other companion products for the Conversion. May still tune AME V1 Cause I will be buying my E85 in multiple 55 gal barrels so I wouldn't need to download tune all the time. May still go to infinity or pro EFI system. I'm getting the parts put on the car now and I will decide on which set up. If anyone can shoot me over prices on the infinity or pro efi and the harness, I would appreciate it... thanks
Old 12-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #14
being3
Modded ///Member

E85 on HPF/AEM V1

Quote:
Well E85 bond. Ordered the injectors, e85 fuel pump,flex sensor and some other companion products for the Conversion. May still tune AME V1 Cause I will be buying my E85 in multiple 55 gal barrels so I wouldn't need to download tune all the time. May still go to infinity or pro EFI system. I'm getting the parts put on the car now and I will decide on which set up. If anyone can shoot me over prices on the infinity or pro efi and the harness, I would appreciate it... thanks
What injectors did u end up going with? Radium fuel rail with gauge is a real good idea to monitor fuel pressure especially if u stay with ur current AEM setup. With Proefi and infinity u can log it so u don't need an external gauge just a sensor. Another thing to consider is a fuel regulator so u can adjust base pressure to dial it in for max duty cycle for best power with ur setup depending on injector size.

Here is a pic of fuel regulator setup in stock location. IMO is the best location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1386974409.948352.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	538623

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 12-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #15
Twin_Turbo_S54

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by being3 View Post
What injectors did u end up going with? Radium fuel rail with gauge is a real good idea to monitor fuel pressure especially if u stay with ur current AEM setup. With Proefi and infinity u can log it so u don't need an external gauge just a sensor. Another thing to consider is a fuel regulator so u can adjust base pressure to dial it in for max duty cycle for best power with ur setup depending on injector size.

Here is a pic of fuel regulator setup in stock location. IMO is the best location.

Attachment 538623

a zip tie should secure the pressure hose onto the regulator. Very important!!

In case this hose pops off under boost, lean conditions will result in damaged internals.
Twin_Turbo_S54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #16
bluba

I did go with 1200 injectors. Also the regulator. Thanks for the help. Don't want to miss anything. Also went with a pump booster too just to help out
Old 12-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #17
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
I did go with 1200 injectors. Also the regulator. Thanks for the help. Don't want to miss anything. Also went with a pump booster too just to help out
1200? or 1300...
Old 12-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #18
being3
Modded ///Member

E85 on HPF/AEM V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo_S54 View Post
a zip tie should secure the pressure hose onto the regulator. Very important!!

In case this hose pops off under boost, lean conditions will result in damaged internals.
Good eye.... It's tie wrapped for sure.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #19
being3
Modded ///Member

E85 on HPF/AEM V1

Quote:
The Kenny bell pump booster is good.... Remember 1200 cc is measured at 43.5 psi and is more like 1450 at r 72psi base if u can run that high and keep the flow

Last edited by being3; 12-13-2013 at 07:08 PM.
being3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #20
bluba

Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderwiggin View Post
1200? Or 1300...