E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #61
Knight

My Ride: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColdE46 View Post
As for the wheels, im honestly not happy with either set. The ones you see in my sig i have on not because i necessarily want to but they have good tires for the snow and they dont look too bad. The red ones are probably going back to black or maybe gunmetal grey. Also im looking at the sport steering wheel, but im waiting for the right one to come along for the right price. Ive seen people getting them in good condition with an airbag for less than $100!
That's a pretty rare price. The airbag alone goes for $150+ in many cases. The sport wheel is nice and certainly a step up over the standard wheel, but the M wheel is really where it's at. Beefier padding and overall improvement to how you primarily interact with the car.

Quote:
And for anyone who thinks the car is too ricey, etc, check back in a few weeks, im going to change some stuff because ill admit some things sounded better in my head.

This isn't a 1 star thread, some people are just being hard on you. To be blunt, I see it more of a started off strong then ventured off into noman's land scenario with some of the modifications. Looking forward to seeing what's coming.
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #62
TheColdE46

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLG600 View Post
That's a pretty rare price. The airbag alone goes for $150+ in many cases. The sport wheel is nice and certainly a step up over the standard wheel, but the M wheel is really where it's at. Beefier padding and overall improvement to how you primarily interact with the car.

This isn't a 1 star thread, some people are just being hard on you. To be blunt, I see it more of a started off strong then ventured off into noman's land scenario with some of the modifications. Looking forward to seeing what's coming.
I just thought the real noticeable difference between the m wheel and sport wheel was the spoke design?
And i mean i like most of the stuff but somethings didnt turn out like i thought.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Carbon Fiber CSL Trunk Lid | Mtech II Front Bumper | K&N CAI | JL Audio 10" Sub | Smoked Led Tails | Eonon Head Unit | M Stitched Boots and Armrest | Led Angel Eyes | Carbon Fiber Emblems | 27% Tint All Around
TheColdE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #63
choxor

My Ride: JDM
You like red.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #64
bee-em-dougle-u

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Quote:
And yeah the headlights are still pretty bad ive sanded them about three times, i think its time to get new ones but i hate to pay $140 for two pieces of plastic.
I tried the headlight restoration thing too, and the results were just OK. Khoalty.com has a great price on Bosch replacement lenses.....$80 for a pair. I bought some recently and they're great. Good luck!

2002 BMW 325i sedan
Manual gearbox, but of course!
Tasteful mods
128K miles and counting
bee-em-dougle-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #65
Asher454

My Ride: '04 TiAg 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by //trd power View Post
guy spent alot of time on his car and did a good job and you all are acting like royalty in saudi. Lol. Pathetic.
lol +1
Old 02-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #66
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i ZSP,05 745LI
OP let me start by formally apologizing for my comments. I think you know where I was coming from and you realize that some of your stuff is over the top, but in any case you seam like a nice kid and I don't want you to think of me as an A hole because I'm really not.

If we can let's start over.
Concerning your thoughts on the steering wheel and headlight lens issue. I bought a new M steering wheel for my E46 recently and I have to say that it's absolutely one of the best upgrades you can do. I haven't driven the car since it has been installed but just sitting in it and the feel of the wheel is outstanding. Of course the M wheel and airbag is pricey, but you have to look at it as the wheel is what you interact with the most in a car so it's very important as far as I'm concerned to have one that feels superb.

Your headlight lens issue isn't going to just go away. Especially once you start sanding and polishing them they just come back with a vengeance the next time. I would recommend you just biting the bullet and replacing them with new ones. They should be able to be bought for $150 for the pair and are easy to install. I keep a good sealant on mine and try not to follow too close to cars in front of me to help keep them looking great. That little tip also helps keep the stone chips off the paint on your front end as well.

Anyway I hope we can move forward with no hard feelings and I'm sure you will find a groove with your car and get it looking how you want it. Sometimes less is more and now a days a nice clean oem looking E46 gets more attention and compliments from the people that matter. Good luck.

mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:04 PM   #67
autoAER

My Ride: 03 325xi,08 335i
I like your car! Keep up your enthusiasm! If I may provide an opinion though, the red on your wheels and engine bay doesn't go at all with the look of your car. For the wheels I think the black was better, but a set of style 135's would break necks. For the engine bay I suggest carbon fiber or just keep it stock and clean. The racing red doesn't work for a 184hp commuter. All in all I admire the time you spent making your car the way you like it
Old 02-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #68
Evo Panda

My Ride: E46 328i, MK6 GTi
Quote:
Yup i used to but part of it ripped off somehow so i took it off. You in the highlands ranch area?

Yep I am Your car doesn't look bad in person.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #69
TheColdE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
OP let me start by formally apologizing for my comments. I think you know where I was coming from and you realize that some of your stuff is over the top, but in any case you seam like a nice kid and I don't want you to think of me as an A hole because I'm really not.

If we can let's start over.
Concerning your thoughts on the steering wheel and headlight lens issue. I bought a new M steering wheel for my E46 recently and I have to say that it's absolutely one of the best upgrades you can do. I haven't driven the car since it has been installed but just sitting in it and the feel of the wheel is outstanding. Of course the M wheel and airbag is pricey, but you have to look at it as the wheel is what you interact with the most in a car so it's very important as far as I'm concerned to have one that feels superb.

Your headlight lens issue isn't going to just go away. Especially once you start sanding and polishing them they just come back with a vengeance the next time. I would recommend you just biting the bullet and replacing them with new ones. They should be able to be bought for $150 for the pair and are easy to install. I keep a good sealant on mine and try not to follow too close to cars in front of me to help keep them looking great. That little tip also helps keep the stone chips off the paint on your front end as well.

Anyway I hope we can move forward with no hard feelings and I'm sure you will find a groove with your car and get it looking how you want it. Sometimes less is more and now a days a nice clean oem looking E46 gets more attention and compliments from the people that matter. Good luck.

Its all good, im kind of on edge right now and i guess i freaked out a bit. Im sorry and yeah lets just move on, ive got some changes coming that you'll like. About the wheel, i guess ill start keeping an eye on the m wheels as well, i didn't know they were so different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoAER View Post
I like your car! Keep up your enthusiasm! If I may provide an opinion though, the red on your wheels and engine bay doesn't go at all with the look of your car. For the wheels I think the black was better, but a set of style 135's would break necks. For the engine bay I suggest carbon fiber or just keep it stock and clean. The racing red doesn't work for a 184hp commuter. All in all I admire the time you spent making your car the way you like it
Ill tell you now that the red in the engine bay is gone as of now. This summer im redoing the wheels but I cant decide, should i do a semi-gloss/satin black or full gloss black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Panda View Post
Yep I am Your car doesn't look bad in person.
I feel like ive seen you before but ive been seeing so many e46s lately its hard to keep track! and thanks!

Carbon Fiber CSL Trunk Lid | Mtech II Front Bumper | K&N CAI | JL Audio 10" Sub | Smoked Led Tails | Eonon Head Unit | M Stitched Boots and Armrest | Led Angel Eyes | Carbon Fiber Emblems | 27% Tint All Around
Old 02-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #70
mrSimple

My Ride: 325i
Where did you purchase your new front mtech II bumper? It looks like a great fit. Did you also purchase the brake air ducts?
Old 02-12-2014, 01:12 AM   #71
autoAER

My Ride: 03 325xi,08 335i
Quote:

Ill tell you now that the red in the engine bay is gone as of now. This summer im redoing the wheels but I cant decide, should i do a semi-gloss/satin black or full gloss black?
need Pics! and gloss black will especially stand out with your car color. will look really nice IMO especially with a nice suspension. keep us posted! your work in progress is fantastic
Old 02-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #72
TheColdE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrSimple View Post
Where did you purchase your new front mtech II bumper? It looks like a great fit. Did you also purchase the brake air ducts?
I got it from umnitza! and yes it had great fitment! and no i didnt buy the brake ducts. I took off the old ones and it left the hole open. I dont think they even make brake ducts for the mtech 2 on the sedan?

Old 02-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #73
TheColdE46

Heres the engine bay now. Im not sure if i should take out the red tubing. What do you guys think? I think im gonna go delete the pictures of the engine bay with the red from the first page, you guys were right, it was atrocious. oops....

Last edited by TheColdE46; 02-12-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #74
Swater330i

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i 5MT
Meh... it isn't awful. Certainly a huge improvement from before!
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureSubie View Post
IMO, the euro clear corners looks too aftermarket/ricey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davconelectric View Post
This 323 would most likely handle and drive better than a stock e46 m3.
Swater330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #75
TheColdE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swater330i View Post
Meh... it isn't awful. Certainly a huge improvement from before!
Ill probably get rid of them soon, it looks weird.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #76
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
Quote:
I got it from umnitza! and yes it had great fitment! and no i didnt buy the brake ducts. I took off the old ones and it left the hole open. I dont think they even make brake ducts for the mtech 2 on the sedan?
that is silly - of course they sell brake ducts for the mtech ii on sedan/touring

so, you can see your ac dryer on the passenger side? and the unfinished inner fender liners?

yuck
Old 02-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #77
TheColdE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
so, you can see your ac dryer on the passenger side? and the unfinished inner fender liners?

yuck
? The cars black you dont see anything unless you stick your head into the hole.

Last edited by TheColdE46; 02-12-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:02 PM   #78
Evo Panda

My Ride: E46 328i, MK6 GTi
Quote:

I feel like ive seen you before but ive been seeing so many e46s lately its hard to keep track! and thanks!
Neither, go with silver. I don't think your car will be able to pull off black wheels well

And yeah there are tons of E46s in this area, it's crazy
Old 02-12-2014, 11:17 PM   #79
TheColdE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Panda View Post
Neither, go with silver. I don't think your car will be able to pull off black wheels well

And yeah there are tons of E46s in this area, it's crazy
Yeah im not sure about black. i think ill plastidip them black and try the glossifier and see how it looks. my original plan was to plastidip them until i find the right color then get them professionally done. costs maybe $15 every time so its not bad.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #80
TheColdE46

UPDATE

Red wheels are gone, back to black... They were fun while they lasted. Also new pads and rotors today. Oil change too. Better pics soon!