E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
Torok.Designs

My Ride: E46 Sedan
- Whooty -

Hello,

EDIT: Updating the OP because I deleted all my flickr photos. Re-uploading only the ones I need to in order to save space.

Budget build.

So here is the progress of my car. It's only a 1999 323i, so why modify it? Well, while I would enjoy a faster car, I don't feel the need to have one. I enjoy modifying this car and it makes me happy. It's the first car I've bought and I see it as being a project car for a very long time. I plan on purchasing a reliable high mpg car in addition to this in the future to DD.

Many of you will not like the way it looks but it is my car and I've learned that as long as I enjoy it that is all that matters. Too many people just follow others and everything stays cookie cutter.

Yea she can be called rice, but I really don't care haha. One day I plan on backing up the looks with the power, but that will definitely take time.

If you don't like it please feel free to say so, just try to keep the comments friendly and helpful. Thanks

Current Mod List (June 4th 2014):
GTR Hood
CSL Front Bumper
Mtech II Rear Bumper
Dual Outlet Diffuser
Denofa Fender Flares
Window Tint
R/C/R Tail Lights
Depo Projector Head Lights
Smoked Corner Lights
Smoked Side Markers
NRG Deep Corn Steering Wheel
NRG 3.0 Gold Quick Release
NRG Short Hub
No-name Racing Style Seats
Muffler And Resonator Delete
Raceland Ultimo Coilovers
XXR 526 18x10.5 et 20
Nankang Ns-20 255/35/18
20mm spacer rear
15mm spacer front

Last edited by Torok.Designs; 06-04-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Torok.Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
Torok.Designs

Stripped her down for the 8 hour drive to LA where I planned on picking up some parts. I don't have room to put them in or on the car, besides one thing on the roof so I decided to take pieces off and install the new ones at the stores.

Project : Whoooty

Went down to San Franciso area and picked up an OEM Mtech II Rear from a forum member. Great price but didn't come with the moldings or the diffuser, I can get those later. Also it's a dark blue.. It fit perfect of course, it's OEM (according to seller).

Then I picked up a CSL Rep Front Bumper from DDM Tuning in Los Angeles. Fit very nice, only small thing is that the flat area on the top of the bumper that sits under and is covered by the kidney area of the hood is slightly wavy for some reason.

Whoops...

Then a GTR Style Hood from extreme dimensions, also in the Los Angeles area. Fits great, only three things is that the top looks like it might need some slight filling and sanding, it didn't come pre-cut for the window washing sprayer grill area and the underside latches, and it sits a few mm too far back. aka it's a few mm from lining up with the front of the fenders. Barely noticeable. I'm happy with it.

Had to strap it on to the top of my car since I didn't take my hood off for the drive down there. Because it was strapped on top the ride home took 11 hours instead of 8..... It kept getting loose so we had to re-tie it 3 times.

Got back home, painted the wheels black with gold flake, and installed the hood as well as some other goodies...

Studs from motorsport hardware.

Gold nuts from ebay....

NRG Deep Corn wheel, NRG 3.0 quick release, NRG Ebrake handle, NRG Shift Knob all from DWS parts. I definitely recommend DWS. The owner is awesome!

NRG Goldmine

Last edited by Torok.Designs; 04-30-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
Torok.Designs

Then the biggest controversial modification I have done to the car..... Bolt on fenders from Chelsea Denofa.

I got some 18x10 et 25 XXR 521's but they turned out to be too weak for the flares. Selling them and some 19x11's are on the way as we speak. 19x11's that no other E46 has yet

225/35/18 Nankang NSII's on 18x10.

18x10 ET 25 Rear

For Sale : XXR 521 : 18x10

18x10 ET 25 Front

For Sale : XXR 521 : 18x10

Also I let my friend drive so I could take pictures and he messed up one of the CSL splitters, oh well. I'm going to try to get a CSL one piece soon..

Last edited by Torok.Designs; 04-27-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
Torok.Designs

Saveee

Last edited by Torok.Designs; 04-27-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #5
Torok.Designs

Saveeee

Last edited by Torok.Designs; 04-27-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
helmutm3

My Ride: 04 m3
Your car looks good with the roofrack. Slammed sedans are freaking sweet. Just get some decent wheels and the car would be sick. Even something like Oem M3 18s IMO. But I'm sure you have something in mind for that. Nice work.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #7
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
Did you install p46 headlights? I assume so since u said depo... Anyway did you use all the OEM headlight plugs? I have the p46 and I took them out over 2 years ago now Im trying to put them back in but it seems I have an extra connector on each side...

Here is a pic of the connectors I'm talking about, I know the ones with blue tape connect to the depo light but the one I'm not sure about is the plug I'm holding (the one without blue tape)

photo IMAG0495_zps3b0fdce3.jpg

I don't mean to get this thread of topic I always love your pics and had to check them out when i saw this thread. but when u mentioned just putting in depo lights I couldn't resist asking for help.

Car looks good
Old 12-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
Looks good Dom- not feeling the bright blue though.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #9
MR_Se7en

My Ride: Tiag 328i
Looks like a fun little budget project!
Old 12-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #10
Yassrab

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325xi
Awesome Sedan ! I can't decide between the M3 bumper or the Mtech II , such a hard decision !
Old 12-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
98bimmer

My Ride: E90 330i, E36 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB328I View Post
Did you install p46 headlights? I assume so since u said depo... Anyway did you use all the OEM headlight plugs? I have the p46 and I took them out over 2 years ago now Im trying to put them back in but it seems I have an extra connector on each side...

Here is a pic of the connectors I'm talking about, I know the ones with blue tape connect to the depo light but the one I'm not sure about is the plug I'm holding (the one without blue tape)

I don't mean to get this thread of topic I always love your pics and had to check them out when i saw this thread. but when u mentioned just putting in depo lights I couldn't resist asking for help.

Car looks good
Car looks goood!

Auto leveling headlights, the plug is most likely for that
Old 12-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #12
Torok.Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmutm3 View Post
Your car looks good with the roofrack. Slammed sedans are freaking sweet. Just get some decent wheels and the car would be sick. Even something like Oem M3 18s IMO. But I'm sure you have something in mind for that. Nice work.
Thanks man. Yea I do have some wheels sitting at home with me, the only problem is that they are too wide for my current fenders. I'm going to try and fix that on monday :eels:

Quote:
Originally Posted by breiwa1 View Post
Looks good Dom- not feeling the bright blue though.
Understandable, I have some black paint with bronze flake that I'm going to paint them. Probably monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_Se7en View Post
Looks like a fun little budget project!
Yessir I love messing with it, And definitely on a tight budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassrab View Post
Awesome Sedan ! I can't decide between the M3 bumper or the Mtech II , such a hard decision !
I went with the CSL front. It's more unique I think. All are great options though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bimmer View Post
Car looks goood!

Thanks everyone
Old 12-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #13
Torok.Designs

Quote:

Car looks good
Hey I hope I can help. What color are the cords going into the connection? Yellow and black?
Old 12-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #14
Torok.Designs

After I took the bumpers off I drove 2.5 hours to San Fran where I picked up an OEM Mtech 2 rear for an amazing price. Only problem is that it doesn't come with moldings or a diffuser. I plan on getting a special diffuser anyways so that doesn't really matter.

Project : E46 BMW by torokdesigns, on Flickr

Last edited by Torok.Designs; 12-22-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
BDUB328I

Quote:
Car looks goood!

i think your right....

I always thought p46 were auto leveling like the OEM xenon i had but i guess i was wrong. P46 are not auto leveling?

edit: i found some more info and it seems like the pre-facelift p46 were not available in auto leveling, the facelift p46 had auto leveling as an option, but not all of them have it. (mine is pre-facelift)

Last edited by BDUB328I; 12-22-2013 at 07:26 PM.
BDUB328I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #16
iRide113

My Ride: 2004 325i
In. Always loved your style.
iRide113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
98bimmer

My Ride: E90 330i, E36 328i
Quote:
i think your right....

I always thought p46 were auto leveling like the OEM xenon i had but i guess i was wrong. P46 are not auto leveling?
Im not sure, but if you're interested in OEM xenons with bulbs and ballast and new headlight lenses, let me know
Old 12-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #18
Torok.Designs

Quote:
Im not sure, but if you're interested in OEM xenons with bulbs and ballast and new headlight lenses, let me know
Hey thanks
Old 12-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #19
Torok.Designs

So the next stop was 8 hours away in Los Angeles where I picked up a CSL rep front bumper from DDM tuning for a really great price. It fits almost perfect. It's off slightly on the passenger side but that might be because of my bumper slider things. I can't think of the name right now...

Installed it in their parking lot.

Old dude came at the perfect time to see us fail at getting my car off the ramps. Bumper was too low even with wood so we ended up leaving the car where it is at in this picture and used jacks instead.

Last edited by Torok.Designs; 12-22-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #20
BDUB328I

i love the CSL front bumper, the only reason i dont get one myself is because i want something symmetrical.

awesome story and pic of the old man. Why is it that someone is always there watching at the moment of fail...