E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2002, 12:38 PM   #1
.Gravedgr.
Got M?

My Ride: '02 CBM M3
Send a message via AIM to .Gravedgr.
E46 M3 wheels: high demand, low demand, or none?

Okay, here's the skinny...

I should be getting my E46 M3 around late May - late June. I'm considering replacing the stock rims for something else, but I either want to do it right away (while the tires are new - so I can sell them with the wheels), or wait until it's time to replace the tires (1-2 years later).

So the big question (for me), is this - what are my chances of selling the stock wheels fairly quickly after the car arrives? I haven't seen many people on the For Sale forum listing M3 wheels for sale (well, did see some "M" wheels from the Sport Package), but there really aren't that many out there. So I'm wondering if a) no one wants the wheels, or b) if people are saving them to put back on when the car is sold.

So...anyone know what the demand (if any) is like? Or, anyone out there interested in a set of new wheels/tires? I can only guestimate their worth, so all reasonable offers would be considered (may be more appropriate for the For Sale forum).

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-16-2002, 01:33 PM   #2
markn

My Ride: 2001 330Ci w/Sports
What price range did you want to sell it for?
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 02:14 PM   #3
.Gravedgr.
Got M?

Quote:
Originally posted by markn
What price range did you want to sell it for?
Not really sure...I think my dealer said the wheels were somewhere around $600 each to replace. Anyone know if that is correct? If so, maybe $2500 for all 4 + tires?

Honestly, I have not a freaking clue what they are worth.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:51 PM   #4
UltimateOne
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar

My Ride: 15 ISM WRX
Send a message via AIM to UltimateOne
You gotta also remember that they don't fit non-M e46's too, only the fronts fit. Unless you do some work and do not drop the car at all basically.
UltimateOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 03:10 PM   #5
.Gravedgr.
Got M?

Quote:
Originally posted by UltimateOne
You gotta also remember that they don't fit non-M e46's too, only the fronts fit. Unless you do some work and do not drop the car at all basically.
A very good point. It is sounding more and more like I'm basically SOL, and will need to shell out the $$$ if I want some new rims. Not that the stock ones are bad at all....just looking for some personality.
Old 04-16-2002, 05:36 PM   #6
DISCOBOY1
M T3ch

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
The ones I've seen

for sale were around $1300 to $1500.

the problem is that only the front wheels fit the other E46.
:sad:
DISCOBOY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 03:06 PM   #7
Dev
PSHOPWERKS

My Ride: Yellow Porsche GT2
Gravedgr:
Hey, you're in ATL? Kewl. =) The OEM M3 rims are 18, right?

For those with further info, will these OEM wheels fit a Non-M that is NOT dropped (and w/o having to roll fenders)? Thanks.

I'm in ATL too, and I might be interested in a set (no spare? =) ). Currently looking into the "Classics" wheel at the moment.

Current Hate Level: 10 | Previous Hate Level: 9
The hatin' level on the E46Fanatics.com board.

Last edited by Dev; 04-19-2002 at 03:08 PM.
Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 04:07 PM   #8
Conrad
Modelrater

My Ride: 2000 323ci
Send a message via AIM to Conrad
Quote:
Originally posted by Dev
Gravedgr:
Hey, you're in ATL? Kewl. =) The OEM M3 rims are 18, right?

For those with further info, will these OEM wheels fit a Non-M that is NOT dropped (and w/o having to roll fenders)? Thanks.
I'm wondering about that also. A friend of mine wants M3 rims on his 330ci. I've heard the front will fit but the rears don't. Can anyone confirm this? Will it fit with or without the Sports Package?
Old 07-18-2002, 04:37 PM   #9
drmirage
Believe it!!!

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to drmirage
i heard the same thing also... maybe someone gotta call Pacific BMW.

i aint sure if the wheels will fit... thats why people get em replicas from the wheel exchange. cause they dont fit or something.. I DUNNO DUDE..

i dont think they'll fit.. IMO. someone help us
Old 07-20-2002, 04:28 AM   #10
Silvius

My Ride: 2002 325Ci Step
The rear M3 wheels will definitely not fit a non-M3 E46. I am not sure, but I don't think they even work with substantial modification to the fender area.
Silvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 05:49 AM   #11
e46boy
call me kev :D

My Ride: '08 Lexus GS460
Send a message via AIM to e46boy
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvius
The rear M3 wheels will definitely not fit a non-M3 E46. I am not sure, but I don't think they even work with substantial modification to the fender area.
wrong... the rear will fit no problem, it's just not so drivable... if you do some fender mods.. it'll work for sure..

friend tried it..

Bye bye E46, hello new car :D
e46boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 07:00 AM   #12
Silvius

Well, 'not so drivable' to me is the same as 'it doesn't work' but others may disagree. The rears may not work even with substantial modification according to what I have read (past board postings, etc) since my last entry. Of course it is possible that I am wrong, but until I read about it from someone who has actually done it and is driving their car successfully, I still think it won't 'work'. Has anyone done this themselves and if so, was it worth the trouble? Let's hear from ya.....

e46Boy: The front end on your car looks trick, btw

Last edited by Silvius; 07-20-2002 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-20-2002, 02:32 PM   #13
e46boy
call me kev :D

My Ride: '08 Lexus GS460
Send a message via AIM to e46boy
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvius
Well, 'not so drivable' to me is the same as 'it doesn't work' but others may disagree. The rears may not work even with substantial modification according to what I have read (past board postings, etc) since my last entry. Of course it is possible that I am wrong, but until I read about it from someone who has actually done it and is driving their car successfully, I still think it won't 'work'. Has anyone done this themselves and if so, was it worth the trouble? Let's hear from ya.....

e46Boy: The front end on your car looks trick, btw
thanks and here is a pic to prove ya wrong .. whoever that dude is.. he has the m3 rims with m3 offset in the back... and last time he posted he said he did something to the fenders..

Bye bye E46, hello new car :D
e46boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 03:10 PM   #14
Silvius

Yeah, if those are M3 wheels and not the replicas he made it work....hard to tell but it does look like the rear ones are a bit wider which would mean that they are the BMW M3 rims.

Hmmmm maybe I should look into that....I like the factory M3 rims. I have heard the replicas are so-so quality which is why I have avoided those.

Cheers
Old 01-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #15
DLbeemerfier

My Ride: 323ci
Fiiting M3 Wheels To Non M

[ATTACH] [/ATTACH]I would really like to know a bit more about this myself too ...I Imagine it may work without dumping the car if the tyres are not oversize... on my non m coupe it has at least 12mm more clearance to the outside of the guard on the rear than at the front I have 8.5 rimms with around a 35 offset all round and I would still have close to 15mm to play with in the as the rear has 6mm spacer & is not showing any signs of rubbing although I,m not sure if this is enough to avoid scraping but it would be a fine line... so we need to hear from someone who has done this and good pics will help as well ...couldn,t seem to locate pic u posted e46 boy...DL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my car from Menglers Hill.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	209207  
DLbeemerfier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:14 PM   #16
EIAlfonso

My Ride: 2011 535xi M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLbeemerfier View Post