E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #241
SeanC
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 4,054
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///TRNSPRTR View Post
Work on keeping the bar close and more hip extension. You are currently very vertical in the second pull. Which is part of why you are hopping forward after generating power with your hips.

Back is good
Forward is bad


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Working on it.
Thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
man, i tried foam rolling and stretching ... then grabbed a towel to hold overhead to try OHS ... so difficult
Just once? Try for weeks lol.
__________________

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #242
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,645
My Ride: is totaled
lol
the rolling and stretching did help
i'll just have to keep doing it
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #243
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,165
My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Try using a pipe or wooden dowel, I could just picture myself falling over trying to keep a towel taught while trying to OH squat.
__________________
2006 TRD Sport 4x4, Wheels - 17x8 Pro Comp Series 52 Rock Crawlers
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #244
fugarza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 20
My Ride: 330i, R6
Competed in my first competition of the year yesterday and took 2nd place in the 77kg division with a 90kg snatch and 115kg CJ(PR!). There definitely guys there that weren't what many would consider "ripped" that pulled a lot of weight.

I got to see a former women's junior american team member lift as well and was amazed at how effortless she made it. Her weight class was 56kg and I saw her pull 80+ on her snatch. I didn't stay long enough to watch her CJ.

There's two more competitions this year that I'm really focusing on and I believe I have a chance of winning. I have two more weeks left of my strength cycle and then taper into a classical program focusing on the main lifts so my technique going into the meet will be on point.

This year my goal is a 100kg snatch and a 130 CJ.

Here's my 115 CJ
__________________
He's so Haole he doesn't even know he's Haole.
fugarza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:55 PM   #245
SeanC
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 4,054
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugarza View Post
Competed in my first competition of the year yesterday and took 2nd place in the 77kg division with a 90kg snatch and 115kg CJ(PR!). There definitely guys there that weren't what many would consider "ripped" that pulled a lot of weight.

I got to see a former women's junior american team member lift as well and was amazed at how effortless she made it. Her weight class was 56kg and I saw her pull 80+ on her snatch. I didn't stay long enough to watch her CJ.

There's two more competitions this year that I'm really focusing on and I believe I have a chance of winning. I have two more weeks left of my strength cycle and then taper into a classical program focusing on the main lifts so my technique going into the meet will be on point.

This year my goal is a 100kg snatch and a 130 CJ.

Here's my 115 CJ
that's pretty good man. I hope I'll be able to touch those weights before I get too old lol..
__________________

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:13 PM   #246
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,645
My Ride: is totaled
Nice lift, fug
Looking sexy in that onelet (is that what it is called?)

[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #247
///TRNSPRTR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: KS
Posts: 801
My Ride: 07 Tundra, 02 M3
Haven't touched a barbell in a month. This should be interesting.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
My Olympic Weightlifting Blog.

Chalkednation.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/chalkednation
///TRNSPRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #248
SeanC
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 4,054
My Ride: 330i
Hahaha this is awesome:

__________________

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #249
SeanC
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 4,054
My Ride: 330i
Here's a slo-mo video of me snatching 95#. Weight is light, but *only* feels light when everything's done properly. I will have to get used to it.

__________________

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:54 PM   #250
fugarza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 20
My Ride: 330i, R6
Nice... looks like your making some great progress with your form!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
Here's a slo-mo video of me snatching 95#. Weight is light, but *only* feels light when everything's done properly. I will have to get used to it.
]
__________________
He's so Haole he doesn't even know he's Haole.
fugarza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #251
SeanC
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 4,054
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugarza View Post
Nice... looks like your making some great progress with your form!
Thanks man, it means a lot coming from you
__________________

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #252
SeanC
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 4,054
My Ride: 330i
New world and US junior records today @ 56kg category: 133kg and 111kg. Shows how much of a gap there is between the US and the rest of the world.

The 111kg lift is also the US senior record.
__________________

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8

Last edited by SeanC; 06-21-2014 at 12:56 PM.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #253
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
New world and US junior records today @ 56kg category: 133kg and 111kg. Shows how much of a gap there is between the US and the rest of the world.

The 111kg lift is also the US senior record.
Saw some chilean kid on instagram, follow Hookgrip do a very impressive clean and jerk. Maybe the one you're talking about.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #254
SeanC
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 4,054
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Saw some chilean kid on instagram, follow Hookgrip do a very impressive clean and jerk. Maybe the one you're talking about.
It was actually snatch @56kg category. 19-year-old vietnamese Kim Tuan Thach's 133 kg snatch vs. Darren Barnes' 111kg snatch. Pretty big difference.
__________________

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #255
SeanC
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 4,054
My Ride: 330i
Hang snatches with 85#. All look the same to me. Comments?

3rd set out of 5 total:


4th set:


5th set:
__________________

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #256
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
you're pretty much power snatching it up then squatting. You want to get under the bar and not have to pull it up so high.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #257
SeanC
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 4,054
My Ride: 330i
I agree, the weight is light, so I can't help but pull higher than I should. But I need to get faster under bar, and that's the priority. I'll be doing some dip snatches.
__________________

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #258
fugarza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 20
My Ride: 330i, R6
Try tall snatches. That will teach you speed under the bar.

http://www.catalystathletics.com/exe...exerciseID=217

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
I agree, the weight is light, so I can't help but pull higher than I should. But I need to get faster under bar, and that's the priority. I'll be doing some dip snatches.
__________________
He's so Haole he doesn't even know he's Haole.
fugarza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #259
SeanC
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 4,054
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugarza View Post
Try tall snatches. That will teach you speed under the bar.

http://www.catalystathletics.com/exe...exerciseID=217
Is there a difference between tall and dip snatches? I figured maybe one has a bit of a leg drive (dip), but the other one doesn't?
__________________

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #260
fugarza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 20
My Ride: 330i, R6
The tall snatch has zero leg drive. It's all about you getting under that bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
Is there a difference between tall and dip snatches? I figured maybe one has a bit of a leg drive (dip), but the other one doesn't?
__________________
He's so Haole he doesn't even know he's Haole.
fugarza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use