E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 06:40 AM   #1
Thundercoil

My Ride: 2002 E46 330ci
Thunders' 2002 E46 330ci - Topaz Blue - Back to stock look :)

Bought this car last march (2013).

It's a Topaz Blue/Topas Blau Metallic 2002 330ci.

Mods are:

CSL: Trunk, carbon diffusor and quad exhaust (both from insideperformance.de), wheels (19" 8" ET40, 9,5" ET45) 235/35 and 265/30. Wheels are shot, but have new CSLs in the basement (19"x8" ET30, 9,5" ET27) with 215/35 and 235/35 plus a little fender rolling in the rear (only the "lip" on the backside of the quarter panels)

The M-tech II bumpers and M-sport suspension were OEM from factory, but I have installed KW suspension with adjustable ride height and stiffness.
Currently running og max height with winter wheels (Black M6 wheels, 18"x8" 225/40 on Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8, studded)

ESS supercharger (twin screw 1,6L Lysholm). It's the stage 1, so it puts out 320hp/410nm/279whp, in stead of stage 2 with 350hp/430nm.

Getting PFC Z-rated brakes, with the liquid BMW performance discs soon. Also getting PFC brake fluid.

Hmmz.. Bought a Dynavin D99+ from Jeff here
Getting a shorter, heavier ZHP gear knob soon.

I also recently bought a 318 ci emblem-thingy for trunklid. Thought it would be funny on a supercharged 330ci. Kinda sleeper, but quad exhaust is perhaps ruining it. Haha. Let's hope they think it's a 318ci with big pipes, rather than a 330ci with a 318ci emblem

I think the car looks great, but I have many times concidered bringing it back to OEM state, or mostly the diffusor and 2 tailpipes in stead of 4. Im not sure. Would like a glossy black M-sport II diffusor and Eisenmann exhaust. But since gf owns half the car, her opinion matters and she wants it to remain exactly like it is. We both agree on that the CSL trunk stays put tho.

The CSL diffusor, quad exhaust, carbon trunklid and those U-G-L-Y sidemirrors were installed two owners ago. Everything else than these 4 mods were done by my hand. The mirrors looks like Mickey Mouse's ears. Haha. Getting OEM M3 ones and also painting the brackets.

Sorry for the

Here are some pics:

Also overhauled the double Vanos recently. Swapped valve cover seal, did the O-ring switch and rattle repair. (Beisan systems):

Installed cupholders:

Other stuff I've done:

New OEM hood emblem
Dynavin D99+
Everything regarding oil and filters every 12K kilometers. OEM parts only.
Nanolotus AC/coupe cleanerx2 (Damn vanilla/spice smell-thing (wunderbaum) was hanging on interior mirror)
Refinished the drivers seat (worn side support). Also scrubbed all seats with soap, lighter fluid/cleaning gas, Leather Milk, LeatherShield and some friction stuff (Leather Protect) Good as new Need treatment every 3-6 months.
Spark plugs (OEM Bosh performance)
LED: in complete interior lighting, fog lights, angel eyes, reverse lights, tail lights, lisenceplate lights.
Flat windscreen wipers.
Thermostat on coolant.
Clutch and transmission oil/fluid.

Drove 3 days this winter in the snow. Worked as a charm with those studded testwinner tyres in the Norwegian climate, but hate the treatment the car gets. Lumps of ice, roadsalt, bumper plowing snow and all the shaking on the shocks and bushings, so Jan 18th I'm flying to Oslo to retrieve a 4WD with double the ground clearence. Didn't really need 4WD, but why not when its better It's cheap trash that I don't have to worry about damaging, so the 330ci will be parked in a garage during winters.

Last edited by Thundercoil; 04-23-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Thundercoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
ben99

My Ride: 323i
So clean! Looks really good
Old 01-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #3
ElrichMeister

My Ride: 06 325Ci M56
That looks awesome, love it

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 01-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #4
ICONIKE46

My Ride: Horse & Buggy
IMO I just don't like 19s on an e46. I've only seen a handful pull it off; just sits too tall for my liking. I also don't like the quad setup with the mtech 2 quad diffuser. I've seen companies on here try and sell it but IMO it just looks hideous. Would've liked it more with a real m3 rear/QPs. (Look at Ludwigs sedan if you need a reference)

LOVE the twin screw though can't go wrong with the best SC setup for our cars, the torque is amazing!

Old 01-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #5
MixFlame

My Ride: 2004 330i
clean as fuuuu

Sponsored by: Meguiars | Rotiform | AUTOcouture Motoring | Broadway Static
Instagram: @mystic330i
MixFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #6
Thundercoil

Thanks guys! Nice to hear

Iconike46: I wouldn't exactly call it hideous, but at some point, at some level I agree with you. Haha.
To quote myself: "I think the car looks great, but I have many times concidered bringing it back to OEM state, or mostly the diffusor and 2 tailpipes in stead of 4. Im not sure. Would like a glossy black M-sport II diffusor and Eisenmann exhaust. But since gf owns half the car, her opinion matters and she wants it to remain exactly like it is."

Car is heading for MOT this spring, so have been thinking baaad things. Like telling my better half that we failed emissions or that the exhaust wasnt approved for road use or something, and that we have to put the "stock" exhaust system on. Haha. Not nice, but an efficient way to override her opinion. I'm not sure what to do. I could also just do the swap in silence and see how it goes.

Regarding the 19"s.. I love them, but agree that it sits higher than it should. Though I think it looks perfect when lowered (passed the M-sport height in pics). I also had 19" on my 320d sedan, and that didn't look good. The coupe definately swallows a little more wheel. What I love about the 19"s is that I can get rid of all the wheelgap and still be able to drive over speedbumps (almost every 100m in Norway. haha) in a reasonable speed, and also onto ferrys without scraping.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:22 PM   #7
YYCZHP

My Ride: 2005 330ci zhp
You sir know how to build a car!

5% tint all around - Tinted Tail Lights - Muffler Delete -Asa Ar1 - CF CS Splitters - 6000k Predator Orion v2 Angel Eyes - 8500k DRL - Aux Input - Racing Dynamics CF Intake - Racing Dynamics Front & Rear Strut Brace - Schroth Quick Fit Harnesses - Cf Style BMW Harness Pads - Cf ACS Trunk Lip - Cf Engine Covers - Cf Roundels - Cf Hamann Fog Light Covers - Lower Spring Perches - ECS Tow Hook
YYCZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #8
Gottalovethexi

My Ride: 03 xi & 72 Bav
Send a message via AIM to Gottalovethexi
lol it's amazing here we swap our cupholders for eurotrays, and there you swap eurotrays for cupholders
Old 01-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #9
ICONIKE46

My Ride: Horse & Buggy
Ahh that's unfortunate, I just don't like the rear and the 19s. But it seems to be better for you since you're more practical and consider where you live, all your mods make sense

Old 01-12-2014, 03:23 AM   #10
Thundercoil

Haha. The cupholders looks newer, I think. But that may be 'cause the trays are worn and scratched.
Either way its nice to have a place to put your beverage. Too bad the armrest blocks one of the holders, unless you're drinking a can of Coca Cola etc.

A lot of Norwegians also do the "US-look" with amber sidelights, that glow orange while driving.

Yep, mods are definately practical. Daily driver and all.
But I think I'll swap for Eisenmann 2's and M-tech II diffusor.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:46 AM   #11
karol330ci

My Ride: 04 330ci
Is that a replica rear bumper ?
if its a oem what did you have to do to make it fit thinking about doing the same thing
karol330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:28 AM   #12
Sankekur

My Ride: 2004 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercoil View Post
Bought this car last march (2012).
I also recently bought a 318 ci emblem-thingy for trunklid. Thought it would be funny on a supercharged 330ci. Kinda sleeper, but quad exhaust is perhaps ruining it. Haha. Let's hope they think it's a 318ci with big pipes, rather than a 330ci with a 318ci emblem
Lol, I don't think you need to worry, if I see a non-M e46 with quad pipes I normally assume it to be a 318i, the badge should work

Also think that 19's are a bit on the big side for an e46 but I think they look pretty good on your car.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:12 AM   #13
Thundercoil

The quad is going buying eisenmann double and oem diffusor. In other words oem M-tech II, but with different sound.

Karol: exhaust and quad were installed by previous owner, but found an old thread saying they were both bought from insideperformance.de! It's oem M-tech II, only difference is the diffusor.

Last edited by Thundercoil; 01-23-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:52 AM   #14
AudiEtr

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottalovethexi View Post
lol it's amazing here we swap our cupholders for eurotrays, and there you swap eurotrays for cupholders
I thought the same thing. Lol
Old 01-23-2014, 01:59 PM   #15
Davconelectric

My Ride: 330
Nice car

Old 01-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #16
Vas

My Ride: zhp
Love that color
Vas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #17
E46 Coupe

My Ride: Rules1 & 2: S T F U!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davconelectric View Post
Nice car

Looks familiar?
Old 01-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #18
Davconelectric

My Ride: 330
Don't know what your talking about.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1390519303.755716.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	543798  

Last edited by Davconelectric; 01-23-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Davconelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #19
Thundercoil

Thanks guys

I had some issues with the sound output on the Dynavin. (No sound to aftermarket amp and sub), found out the outputs (inside the unit) didn't work at all.
Shipped it to China for repair/swap for a new unit. That was 3 months ago. Heh. Sucks driving around without music and a big gap in my dash, no decorative trim etc.

Edit: Actually got an e-mail just now, saying they got the Dynavin a couple of days ago, and that it will be shipped out mid-february ('cause of Chinese holidays)

Regarding the cars appearance, next month I will be ordering the OE diffusor and the Eisenmann exhaust (2 pipes, sport version) Also recieved the 318ci emblem last week Won't be putting it on the trunklid just yet, but as soon as the car looks stock again

Last edited by Thundercoil; 01-25-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #20
Thundercoil

Had a photoshoot the other day, with a friend and a guy from another city (about 5 hour drive away).
The blue-green one came to buy my old inside performance quad exhaust and CSL-look diffuser. He was also there to deliver a CSL front bumper to the silver one.
All cars are 330ci's with different looks and in different colors. I just had to snap some pics

Blue-green car: The color is called Aegan Blue/Blau. Belongs to "Stawky" who is a member here.

Silver one: Titan silber. Pretty much original look. retrofitted ambers. The CSL wheels are my previous wheels. This car used to have my supercharger installed. Used it for about 5 months, until the engine blew, due to an oil pump failure. Gave me a good discount on the supercharger, so I gave him the CSL wheels for free (months later.) He's putting on the CSL bumper soon, just getting paint for it. I don't know his plans for the rear, though.

Mine: Topas Blau/Topaz Blue, ofc Went back to basics, as I like to say. Sold the quads and "CSL" diffuser, as I mentioned above, and went for the original look. Painted the M-tech II diffuser glossy black. The rear muffler needs some adjustments, but I delivered the car to the exhaust shop down the street, tonight, so come tomorrow it will line up perfectly and without leaks. The wheels I'm running are borrowed. They are called BBS Pitlane (17"x8"), and belongs to the silver 330ci. My new wheels are Varrstöen ES6 with a gunmetal centerpiece. They are all 9,5" x 19" ET20, as I don't want 11"s in the rear, 'cause that's too aggressive for my taste. Too much stretch and fender rolling, camber etc. Tires are Toyo Proxes T1 sport. All 225/35-19. Waiting for tires to get mounted on the wheels.

Next mods will be OE M3 side mirrors, as mine are bad copies that are waaay too high up there. Mickey mouses ears
I'm also swapping one of the rear arches, 'cause of rust. And the front bumper is flaking some of the clear coating, so that will be repainted in the near future.

Anyways...Here are some pics; Got a new workshop, just needs new interior walls and for the lift to be installed:

New workshop, and the day I installed the new diffuser and rear muffler.

The shoot:

Last edited by Thundercoil; 04-24-2014 at 04:50 AM.