E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

View Poll Results: Matchup and outcome
San Fran vs New England, San Fran wins 8 10.00%
San Fran vs New England, New England wins 5 6.25%
San Fran vs Denver, San Fran wins 12 15.00%
San Fran vs Denver, Denver wins 6 7.50%
Seattle vs New England, Seattle wins 4 5.00%
Seattle vs New England, New England wins 12 15.00%
Seattle vs Denver, Seattle wins 10 12.50%
Seattle vs Denver, Denver wins 23 28.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #41
Mango
A full five stars, son
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 23,224
My Ride: M54B30
I have absolutely no interest in football whatsoever but I voted anyway.
__________________
A lifetime free of problems if you follow my guides
Cooling | Maintenance | Suspension | Vacuum | Supreme Reliability | Details

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #42
Dinan e36
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Griffin's Browser History
Posts: 386
My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi09 View Post
Is this ticket thing common among teams....pretty lame.

I like new england over seattle. I'd like to watch denver face seattle, but don't think they'll get past new england.

Don't really like SF or seattle, but don't see SF scoring many points. Couldn't watch the whole game, but thought SF got lucky against carolina
Lol this noob. Panthers scored 0 points in the 2nd half so how is that luck?
__________________
Dinan e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #43
Ynot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rockies
Posts: 286
My Ride: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
Broncos d has been great the last 3 games? big whoop. there's gaping holes everywhere. give me a break.
Why don't you give the Bronco D a break, they lost nearly every starter and is playing exceptional the last 3 weeks. Everyone stepped up and imo played better than the starters. Although losing Harris is a huge loss for the secondary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
I have absolutely no interest in football whatsoever but I voted anyway.
B/c you don't have a team, why don't you be like all the San Diegans and root for the Broncos. I saw more Bronco orange in Qualcomm than charger blue.
__________________
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #44
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,287
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Why don't you give the Bronco D a break, they lost nearly every starter and is playing exceptional the last 3 weeks. Everyone stepped up and imo played better than the starters. Although losing Harris is a huge loss for the secondary.




B/c you don't have a team, why don't you be like all the San Diegans and root for the Broncos. I saw more Bronco orange in Qualcomm than charger blue.
Surprisingly enough there are a ton of Pats/Red Sox fans in San Diego as well. My uncle and cousins live out there and they tell me when the pats/sox play there, there are more fans there than San Diego fans

Pats took a huge hit on D as well, and have stepped it up big time. Funny how both teams are somewhat similar, except Denver doesn't have nearly as spotty and injured an offense as the Pats
__________________
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #45
Sensi09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: So Cal
Posts: 77
My Ride: __
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan e36 View Post
Lol this noob. Panthers scored 0 points in the 2nd half so how is that luck?
First half yo. Officiating or lack of spotted them 10 points. So in the 2nd half Carolina would gone for field goals in some circumstances
Sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #46
Ynot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rockies
Posts: 286
My Ride: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
Surprisingly enough there are a ton of Pats/Red Sox fans in San Diego as well. My uncle and cousins live out there and they tell me when the pats/sox play there, there are more fans there than San Diego fans

Pats took a huge hit on D as well, and have stepped it up big time. Funny how both teams are somewhat similar, except Denver doesn't have nearly as spotty and injured an offense as the Pats
I agree, Pats has been resilient this year, when the whole sports media thought they were going to crumble, they stood tall. I hate how ESPN makes it out that the Pats are such huge underdogs and Vegas has them as 6.5 point underdogs. Pats has Tom "freaking" Brady, a proven stud in the playoffs.
__________________
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #47
Dinan e36
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Griffin's Browser History
Posts: 386
My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi09 View Post
First half yo. Officiating or lack of spotted them 10 points. So in the 2nd half Carolina would gone for field goals in some circumstances
I agree that the officiating wasn't the best for either side, but they got shut down in 2nd half plain and simple. It was only 10-13 Niners, and the Panthers were starting the 3rd Qtr.
__________________
Dinan e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #48
Chea
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Federal Way
Posts: 607
My Ride: 05 ///M
go hawks!!!
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Chea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #49
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,287
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
I agree, Pats has been resilient this year, when the whole sports media thought they were going to crumble, they stood tall. I hate how ESPN makes it out that the Pats are such huge underdogs and Vegas has them as 6.5 point underdogs. Pats has Tom "freaking" Brady, a proven stud in the playoffs.
It refreshing to hear this from someone who knows football. We still are the most hated team in the NFL and still the "team to beat" for some reason.

I'm used to it though. Everyone is sick of the pats being at the top, excep me ESPN and Sportscenter never give credit to the Pats when credit is due Thoughts on Belichick getting coach of the year? Can't wait to hear everyone's opinion!
__________________

Last edited by JJR4884; 01-14-2014 at 04:35 PM.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #50
Ynot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rockies
Posts: 286
My Ride: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
I'm used to it though. Everyone is sick of the pats being at the top, excep me ESPN and Sportscenter never give credit to the Pats when credit is due Thoughts on Belichick getting coach of the year? Can't wait to hear everyone's opinion!
Personally, I think Andy Reid should get it, Besides Alex Smith and himself, the Chiefs are exactly the same team as last year (2-14) but with a lot more wins (11-5), should off been 12-4 if it wasn't for a miss call. If it wasn't for Luck's epic comeback, they would had been in the divisional round with the Pats. Bellichick has done a great job with a limited roster full of nobodies but injuries are part of the game, every team has it's fair share. The whole 'spygate' fuel the hatred for the Patriots. The same reason why McDaniel is so hated in Denver. He was spying on other team's practice. He learned from the best.
__________________
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #51
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,287
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Personally, I think Andy Reid should get it, Besides Alex Smith and himself, the Chiefs are exactly the same team as last year (2-14) but with a lot more wins (11-5), should off been 12-4 if it wasn't for a miss call. If it wasn't for Luck's epic comeback, they would had been in the divisional round with the Pats. Bellichick has done a great job with a limited roster full of nobodies but injuries are part of the game, every team has it's fair share. The whole 'spygate' fuel the hatred for the Patriots. The same reason why McDaniel is so hated in Denver. He was spying on other team's practice. He learned from the best.
I'm not going to start defending the Pats because I don't condone what they did, but if they weren't this good, that whole spygate thing would have blown over and been forgotten about in weeks. Its only because we were that good back then and still are now.

Many teams were spying... the only difference is the Pats kept doing it after it was forbidded. Wrong? Absolutely... but I think its something that was blown way out of proportion due to the success of the Pats. Imagine if Detroit was caught spying? ESPN would rather cut to a commercial break than talk about it
__________________
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #52
mcr_driver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 27,633
My Ride: my favorite two feet
Biased but I had a good

__________________
http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ken10hm2.jpg
mcr_driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:44 AM   #53
Chea
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Federal Way
Posts: 607
My Ride: 05 ///M
This place is going to be insane on sunday

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1390023789781.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	542993  
__________________
Chea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:00 AM   #54
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,287
My Ride: BMW
Yup


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:01 AM   #55
C4RLOS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,953
My Ride: 2003 325Ci
"She-hawks are a pvssy franchise - they won't sell tickets to Californians to deter any Niner fan attendance."

Who's the one trying to be an e-thug again? I think it make absolute sense though... if you can sell out your stadium regardless, why not give priority to your fans? Do I completely agree with this rule? Yes and no, but like I said, the Hawks aren't the only team doing it and it's completely within the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbound View Post
yeah, figures, you post like an e-thug, but then can't even answer a simple question.
__________________


FOR SALE: pre-facelift sideskirts and front and rear bumpers | 19" hyperblack VMR V715 wheels (in sig)

C4RLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #56
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,287
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4RLOS View Post
"She-hawks are a pvssy franchise - they won't sell tickets to Californians to deter any Niner fan attendance."

Who's the one trying to be an e-thug again? I think it make absolute sense though... if you can sell out your stadium regardless, why not give priority to your fans? Do I completely agree with this rule? Yes and no, but like I said, the Hawks aren't the only team doing it and it's completely within the rules.
It is classless, and i'm proud to say as a patriots fan, I know this would NEVER happen at Gillette Stadium.

Its cowardly as well. You only want people in attendance if they are going to route for your team? Please, how petrified are you of losing if you don't have the balls to allow 49er fans to come in. Awww you want all the support you can get for your team so you will shy away opponent fans? Well aren't you adorable.

Also, I think it is extremely unprofessional to discriminate against fans based on what team they like or where they live. Considering both Denver and Seattle is doing this, I hope they both go down in flames this week. I don't want to eat my words, but the Patriots have always been a very resilient team when they are not favored. I hope this ticket selling bullshit gives them that fire to shut that entire stadium up if we walk away with the W.

Regardless of the outcome, both Denver and Seattle are scared. I'm not too sure about SF, but if NE was hosting, we'd be welcoming alllllll you bronco fans with arms wide open. Come right in fvckers.
__________________
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:00 AM   #57
IFX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Very South
Posts: 1,344
My Ride: AW //M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
It is classless, and i'm proud to say as a patriots fan, I know this would NEVER happen at Gillette Stadium.

Its cowardly as well. You only want people in attendance if they are going to route for your team? Please, how petrified are you of losing if you don't have the balls to allow 49er fans to come in. Awww you want all the support you can get for your team so you will shy away opponent fans? Well aren't you adorable.

Also, I think it is extremely unprofessional to discriminate against fans based on what team they like or where they live. Considering both Denver and Seattle is doing this, I hope they both go down in flames this week. I don't want to eat my words, but the Patriots have always been a very resilient team when they are not favored. I hope this ticket selling bullshit gives them that fire to shut that entire stadium up if we walk away with the W.

Regardless of the outcome, both Denver and Seattle are scared. I'm not too sure about SF, but if NE was hosting, we'd be welcoming alllllll you bronco fans with arms wide open. Come right in fvckers.



uhm obviously captain obvious...it's HOMEFIELD.


I actually think it's legitimate for seattle to do this, niner nation is just south of us. So alot of their fans would try and make the trip. It's a different story for denver, no rival is close to them. or at least not that i know of. Either way even when a few niner fans show up sunday it's not like they will be heard. so carry on whiners.

go HAWKS
__________________

Last edited by IFX; 01-18-2014 at 11:00 AM.
IFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #58
Xcelratr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So Cal - 310
Posts: 958
My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
It's not a sports decision as much as a business decision IMHO.

By taking steps to ensure locals get the greatest number of tix, the team builds more loyalty and goodwill within the community. And ultimately when it comes time to build a new stadium with tax dollars or when the team needs public support in some other way, the team will be in a better position.

Especially in the case of SeaTac, their population is like half what the SF bay area's population is. With unrestricted online ticket sales, it's easy to envision a whole lot of local fans not being able to get a ticket, and then being grumpy about all the Californians that did. And then when the team needs some city support, they're less likely to get it.

If I was a local hotel owner, I might be pissed about the locals-only approach. But I suppose since they're allowing sales to BC and Idaho and such, they may still sell a bunch of hotel rooms.
__________________
----------------------------------------------
Quote:
As a juror, do you think the trial was a publicity stunt?

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #59
mtnbound
Town Clown
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Yay Area
Posts: 15,079
My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4RLOS View Post
"She-hawks are a pvssy franchise - they won't sell tickets to Californians to deter any Niner fan attendance."

Who's the one trying to be an e-thug again? I think it make absolute sense though... if you can sell out your stadium regardless, why not give priority to your fans? Do I completely agree with this rule? Yes and no, but like I said, the Hawks aren't the only team doing it and it's completely within the rules.
You still can't even answer the actual question.

Also, yes, since you can't figure it out on your own, you're the one trying to be an e-thug. I make a post referring to a ticket policy and your response is to insult a group of fans as "douchebags" and telling me to "calm your t1ts".




Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
**********************
Bay Area Top Dropper
Orient Blue 330 Ci Vert
**********************
mtnbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #60
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,287
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
uhm obviously captain obvious...it's HOMEFIELD.


I actually think it's legitimate for seattle to do this, niner nation is just south of us. So alot of their fans would try and make the trip. It's a different story for denver, no rival is close to them. or at least not that i know of. Either way even when a few niner fans show up sunday it's not like they will be heard. so carry on whiners.

go HAWKS
Yea I get its HOMEFIELD... the trade off with that is, if you really want to see your team play, well you'll have to come to us. In all reality, its just unfair. If you lived in CA and SEA was your team, you'd be singing a different tune my friend. Whining? Nah, not really. Just calling both teams out for being a bag of pvssies who probably feel threatened if the opposing team has some moral support during the game from some fans.

I get it... the story itself is worse than the outcome. Obviously both Denver and Seattle wouldn't have more than 5% of fans at their AFC/NFC game routing for the other team, but... to make a story about it and put this decision in play, now the opposing teams will feel "all alone" when they come here. Its laughable how much of large gaping pvssy some people can be.

Hope it blows up in their face, both away teams i'm sure are fired up. We will see tomorrow.

///whining
__________________
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use