E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #81
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
artificial buttery fingers, much slipped. accidental shooting. such tragic.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #82
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Wild speculation fuels OT. The spice must flow.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:44 AM   #83
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Ban trans fats

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:44 AM   #84
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
meanwhile in Denver http://kdvr.com/2014/01/13/raw-video...side-7-eleven/

police with guns 1 scumbag 0
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:46 AM   #85
NOVAbimmer

there was no movie theater shooting. The "police spokesman" was the same guy playing the ME character at "sandy hook", who was in Enemy of the State with Jon Voight, who was in Deliverance with Burt Reynolds, who was in Strip Tease with Demi Moore, who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon. boom, headshot. Search youtube sheeple. Open your eyes. NWO is NOW.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:47 AM   #86
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Stand Your Ground Beef

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #87
NOVAbimmer

I figure I make myself a target in movie theaters. I love movie theater nachos, and get them every time we go. I also love waiting for quiet parts of the movie before stuffing like four chips in my mouth and once for a good loud crunch.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #88
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
artificial buttery fingers, much slipped. accidental shooting. such tragic.

such doge
very mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0e3o7 View Post
Just keep your lil boy zell on a leash; a proud self proclaimed TROLL
Zell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:50 AM   #89
Astheros

My Ride: 2005 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker_ZHP View Post
You think being a ex-cop he would show some restraint...

Kinda off topic, but I'm from Ames Iowa, where a cop just shot a unarmed teenager this summer for "stealing" his dads truck. I think this militarization of P.D.'s is going too far. I know not all cops are like that, but still makes you think.

I don't think "protect and serve" is a accurate slogan anymore.
If i am correct. The dad reported the truck stolen to teach his kid a lesson. The cop didnt know it was his son in the car. Dont try to paint a picture to your liking.

BimmerApp on Samsung Galaxy S4
Astheros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #90
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
there was no movie theater shooting. The "police spokesman" was the same guy playing the ME character at "sandy hook", who was in Enemy of the State with Jon Voight, who was in Deliverance with Burt Reynolds, who was in Strip Tease with Demi Moore, who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon. boom, headshot. Search youtube sheeple. Open your eyes. NWO is NOW.
Poe's Law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I would love to hear what Busa would have done
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
I'd like to know how Busa would handle this situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
What are we to do?
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #91
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
I'd be satisfied if we could finally admit to ourselves that more guns is not the solution.

One dead father of a 3-year-old today. Two months ago, another completely senseless death much closer to home:

So, yes, there's one death here and another there, and that's just what's in close proximity and/or people I know. A woman I worked with on a daily basis was shot and killed by the husband she was separated from.

So, yes, I get the updates on facebook of a burglary prevented and a criminal shot here and there, but I don't know of any cases in my area that are personally connected to me. I know of several cases where people died or got shot at for no good reason, where guns weren't even the least bit helpful in diffusing the situation.

This mentality confounds me. Not only are the odds of another similar attack infinitely small, but the odds of anyone being able to make a difference in such a situation are tiny as well. Second, if you're that fvcking scared of going to a movie theater, stick to Netflix.

Yes, I know, JonJon carries Lara Croft's survival pack to the movie theater. He can set up a turret, dig a tunnel and purify his own piss within 3 seconds of a fired shot.
Isolated incidents don't represent the totality of firearm usage in the US. Just because some idiot blows his top and shoots someone doesn't mean that all gun owners are some ticking time bomb.

You live in a utopian world where guns don't exist if you think that more guns is the problem. Sure, if guns didnt or if you could get rid of all of them, you probably would have less gun crime. But you can't. It's a constitutional right. And since you can't get rid of all guns, everything changes. If some crazy son of a bitch can show up anywhere and shoot me even though a law forbids it, I protect myself with a gun. It's what we call an equalizer under the law.

Odds infinitely small? With he amount of homicides that take place on a given day? With the amount of mass murder attacks we've had over the past few years? You and I must look at odds a bit differently. The odds aren't high, but they aren't low that you might find yourself in a dangerous situation in your life. It might be in a theater, it might not. But for me, I choose to have tools with me that MIGHT save my life or increase my likelihood of survivability. The length of the odds isn't that relevant to me when it comes to my life or another's whom I love.

Quote:
We need more guns to defend us from people with guns.

Until you text before a movie even starts, get in an argument, get separated from you significant other. Then you might find out that someone has a gun.

Maybe so. But the idea that more guns = more safety just doesn't compute.

So, you think you'll ever need to use it?
All people should treat others with respect in public. I'm not saying just because I carry a weapon I expect more respect from people or that I'll enforce my own will on them. What I do say is that I treat everyone as though they could be armed and dangerous. That doesn't mean that I cower before them or avoid regular conversation and interaction with people. It just means I don't look to act like a tough guy or anything if an disagreement comes up. I walk away and let it go. In this case, I would have said sorry and put the phone away, rather than get in a shouting match and throw popcorn.

People would do well to avoid confrontation. They'd be less likely to get into a these disputes if they assumed the other guy was armed.

And I hope more than anything that I wont have to use it. None of us want to use these things. I don't want to use a fire extinguisher, but bet your ass I will if my kitchen is on fire. Do I walk out my door or get dressed everyday thinking "man, I want to use my gun in self defense today.?" Of course not. None of us want to injure or kill others. Well, I can't say none. Most. We just carry a tool that may contribute to our ability to survive a really bad situation, which may never come (and we hope it doesn't).

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Last edited by david05111; 01-14-2014 at 09:15 AM.
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #92
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Poe's Law.
I like Morgan's corollary:

Quote:
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook
Old 01-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #93
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
I like Morgan's corollary:
My forum model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0e3o7 View Post
Just keep your lil boy zell on a leash; a proud self proclaimed TROLL
Zell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #94
'busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
All people should treat others with respect in public. I'm not saying just because I carry a weapon I expect more respect from people or that I'll enforce my own will on them. What I do say is that I treat everyone as though they could be armed and dangerous. That doesn't mean that I cower before them or avoid regular conversation and interaction with people. It just means I don't look to act like a tough guy or anything if an disagreement comes up. I walkway and let it go. In this case, I would have said sorry and put the phone away, rather than get in a shouting match and throw popcorn.
The victim had every right to berate the old guy, call him names, tell him he's ugly and insult his mother without fear of getting shot. Getting thrown out? Sure. Dying? No. Just no. The fact that you're focusing on what the guy who is now dead should have done is startling and telling.

Quote:
And I hope more than anything that I wont have to use it. None of us want to use these things. I don't want to use a fire extinguisher, but bet your ass I willing my kitchen is on fire. Do I walk out my door or get dressed everyday thinking "man, I want to use my gun in self defense today.?" Of course not. None of us want to injure or kill others. Well, I can't say none. Most. We just carry a tool that may contribute to our ability to survive a really bad situation, which may never come (and we hope it doesn't).
No one that I personally know has been old with a fire extinguisher. I personally knew at least three people in the last few years that were shot to death.

If you're so fvcking scared of being out in public that you have to pack at a movie theater, again, there's Netflix.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are we to do?

Last edited by 'busa; 01-14-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #95
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Quote:
The victim had every right to berate the old guy, call him names, tell him he's ugly and insult how mother .
Keep up that attitude with everyone you encounter in your day to day life.....should work out well for you
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #96
'busa

Quote:
All people should treat others with respect in public. I'm not saying just because I carry a weapon I expect more respect from people or that I'll enforce my own will on them. What I do say is that I treat everyone as though they could be armed and dangerous. That doesn't mean that I cower before them or avoid regular conversation and interaction with people. It just means I don't look to act like a tough guy or anything if an disagreement comes up. I walk away and let it go.
I have to get back to this. This just doesn't make sense. Should the preponderance of guns result in people being afraid to engage one another? Maybe to stand up to one another? Why? Because we're all suddenly way more deadly? I thought guns were there only for when your or your family's life is in danger, not to combat impoliteness?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are we to do?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #97
'busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
Keep up that attitude with everyone you encounter in your day to day life.....should work out well for you
That is absolutely not what I was trying to say. My point is that no amount of verbal insults (or even popcorn thrown at you, if that was the case) justifies killing someone. Do you disagree?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are we to do?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #98
choxor

My Ride: JDM
I'm glad that busa knows exactly what went down in that theater.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #99
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Busa, I will try to respond to the stuff you're posting, but it's goin to take me a while. I'm doing this on my phone and am in a review class all morning. I'll probably fall behind in this thread, but I'll try and address this stuff.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #100
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Busa lives in a fantasy world

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.