E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Self Actualization time - why exactly are you single?

So lezbehonest - why aren't you married?

I have found that for the most part, people that are single are so because they are in a state of transition. They are working on becoming more financially secure, working on school, moving jobs, something.

So what's the reason you guys think you are still single/not married?
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Because I wont settle. I know what I want. I just haven't found the right person.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Because I wont settle. I know what I want. I just haven't found the right person.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #4
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,902
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #5
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Found a girl that on paper was perfect and totally into me. Woke up the next morning and didn't feel like being all cuddly. At that moment I said to myself "if it's not there now, it never will be".
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #6
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Found a girl that on paper was perfect and totally into me. Woke up the next morning and didn't feel like being all cuddly. At that moment I said to myself "if it's not there now, it never will be".
Try dating that for a year.

You can't will your feelings into what you want. I learned you can't help nor should you feel bad for how ya feel.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
clicker666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 30
My Ride: 330i
I'm not single, but the reason I was single the longest was because I was too lazy to be bothered with wanting to work on a relationship.
clicker666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #8
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Try dating that for a year.

You can't will your feelings into what you want. I learned you can't help nor should you feel bad for how ya feel.
you're right man. Every girl I've ever cared about I'd cuddle up with to the point of being too embarrassed to admit it to my friends haha. Not there with this one.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #9
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,577
My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderdave View Post
+1
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:22 PM   #10
914kid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 62
My Ride: many
Becuz I lyk to keep mah muney and not spend it on a dumb bish.
914kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #11
olivierE46M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 227
My Ride: E46 M3 2003
Same piece of #ss gets old after a while!!!!!!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
olivierE46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:00 AM   #12
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
The only reason I can think of to get married is to have kids. If you don't like kids that much, then why the hell settle down?

Maybe when I'm in my mid to late 30's I'll change my opinion.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #13
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
The only reason I can think of to get married is to have kids. If you don't like kids that much, then why the hell settle down?

Maybe when I'm in my mid to late 30's I'll change my opinion.
Really?

Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic or something but kids come after the fact. I want a wingman, a copilot, a complete bad ass who gets me on all my levels and is in love with my personality, and what really makes ME. I say this because before I think of getting engaged I have to feel this way about her.

A lot of people say the same woman gets old but that onus is on you as a couple, you have to do things to keep it fresh and fun.

I was home in TX last xmas and hanging out with the guys and one of their dads. Dude has been married like 40 years and has a marriage I completely am envious of. I asked him how he did it and he told me "Ya know, the real death to ANY relationship, be it friends, kids, spouses, co workers - is complacency. You gotta make it a point to continually make your relationships and their health a priority in your life. And the other side of conversation has to do the same thing."

Completely changed how I see things.

It's funny reading a lot of the responses you see on forums like this. The lack of age and emotional maturity jumps right off the page sometimes.

Last edited by yousharenow; 01-21-2014 at 02:22 PM.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:05 PM   #14
kushy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: kids these days are pu55ies
Posts: 238
My Ride: automatic m3
I'm 22. I go to school, drink, study, workout, party, sleep. You think I have time for marriage and kids breh?

yousharenow pls
kushy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #15
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
I'm single because I'm fat, ugly, have a full-time job. Merp.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #16
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In a squat rack!
Posts: 1,836
My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Honest assessment of myself is this.....


....I've never really desired to be married nor have kids. I took care of the latter by having a vasectomy, but avoiding marriage may be a much harder issue. I mean, I've been engaged twice, but it gave me a sick feeling to my stomach whenever we'd visit the venue or attend pre-marital church counseling (..she wanted me to convert to Catholicism so that we could get married in the church). FWIW, she was a good girl despite her flaws; all of my serious g/f's were. I started feeling like I was ready for marriage in 2012, but we all know how that turned out (..she was ready, and by the time that I was ready to take that walk she had grown disillusioned; I lost another good one, but we are still friends and we talk often).

Now I'm dating a Lithuanian girl. She ultimately wants to get married at some point in her life. And the cycle continues....
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:33 PM   #17
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
I'm 22. I go to school, drink, study, workout, party, sleep. You think I have time for marriage and kids breh?

yousharenow pls
You're 22.

You've been able to buy beer for almost 2 years. Once you get more of your life in line it will change-if that is your path.




Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:50 PM   #18
cd330
ModZombie Moderator
 
cd330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dr. Satan's House of Horrors
Posts: 35,616
My Ride: SG E46, AW F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Found a girl that on paper was perfect and totally into me. Woke up the next morning and didn't feel like being all cuddly. At that moment I said to myself "if it's not there now, it never will be".
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
#godsollyyouresogay
__________________
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:50 PM   #19
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,902
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
You're 22.

You've been able to buy beer for almost 2 years. Once you get more of your life in line it will change-if that is your path.




Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #20
kushy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: kids these days are pu55ies
Posts: 238
My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
You're 22.

You've been able to buy beer for almost 2 years. Once you get more of your life in line it will change-if that is your path.




Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I've been able to buy beer for almost 4 years. Your argument is invalid.
kushy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use