E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 08:15 PM   #21
dl1085

My Ride: 00 323ci
love it

e46
flickr
i love lamp.
dl1085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #22
XPGLD

My Ride: 2000 328i, 78' Chevy
Great write up definitely going to keep an eye on your progress. I'm in the same boat I love the one I just bought but the automatic makes me thing twice about putting too much money into it just yet.
XPGLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #23
87Euro

My Ride: 04 330i
Well to the above poster, definately keeping it now. i actually just put a loan on it - so I could buy my womans engagement ring. Selling my truck, and will slowly return this to stock levels - while at the same time modding it. She's obviously ok wiht it now, about 6 months ago I had 4 different builds And my truck. I will be going down to just the BMW and working on my house to sell pretty much any free time I have for a while. I have a slew of stuff waiting to go on, but soon this will be my only vehicle so will be buy, stock up, then tear into it and do everything that needs to be done over hte weekend type of thing.

The guy with the Style 5's I was going to trade for my rims ended up being a young Flake, so I still have the 19's. I am frustrated wiht people so I may just go pay the money to get all dismounted, pick out the 2 best 19x8.5's and put the 215's on them, then put the 245's on the 9.5's and call it done for a while. The tires are all new, and I'm not trying to spend money on this type of stuff right now. At least with these tires I know I have new tires. I would plastic dip the centers after a thorugh cleaning but we will see I guess.

Anyway the big news is that i took a loan out on it, and I may have found some H&R's for it for stupid cheap = 75$ so I may pick those up as well then start shopping for some Bilstein Sports or Koni's, time will tell.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:38 AM   #24
87Euro

Well looks like after 3 people standing me up for the rim trade, I'm just going to keep them for now - one more option but they have new tires.

I went over them hard core the other night - 2 are pretty much unrepairable, the other 2 8.5's are actually almost perfect, nothing a little elbow grease can't fix and not much of it really, and the 9.5's are perfect all around. I'm thinking I will go Saturday and drop the car off to get the 245's put on the 9.5's, and the 215's on the two good rims and throw them up front and try it for a while. I'm not a fan of stretched, of course none of these stretches will be bad.

I may plasti-dip the centers black as well and get some new centercaps with fresher looking bmw centers, they are looking pretty faded ATT.

I had two different Style 5's stand me up, and a set of M Parallels changed his mind but let me know before hand at least. May rock these for a while - checked on prices and these were 2900 new LOL, some people love thier chrome and Eurotek makes pretty tough rims.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #25
87Euro

Well, it's done, car is getting the tires dismounted off of all 4, the 215's mounted on the best two 19x8.5's and the 245's are getting mounted on the 9.5's, hope it's not too much stretch but I will clean the piss out of the rims this weekend if i have time, wax the outside and lips of the rims and possibly plasti-dip the centers to see how i like it with black and chrome lip against the silver car.

Actually excited to see how the 9.5's and 245's look in the rear. Found a big nail in my brand spanking new tires as well when showing them to the tire guy. PIck it up at 5, expect pic's added after that time to see if it grows on me or if i hate it lol.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #26
87Euro

Done, had a nail in the tire that I got patched as well, looks ALOT better, but the spare rims are in the back and suspension is shot so the back sits hieght I want, but front is up a bit, should be coilovers or cup kit soon to get it down, BFH to get some additional clerance as well. Not my first choice of setup, but it cost me 40 bucks to get the staggered on and it's better than what I had on before.

For tech spec's: 19x8.5 Eurotek GT1's with 215/35's and 19x9.5 ET20 with 245/40's. When clearanced and dropped I think it will be suitable, looks way better already IMO.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #27
87Euro

Man, I know that front bumper looks even More hideous now with the stretched tires in the front, sucks having the proper bumper just sitting there waiting to go on, may try again this weekend and just make it work.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #28
XPGLD

My Ride: 2000 328i, 78' Chevy
What was the original owner thinking putting that chalky disgusting looking bumper on this thing? haha
XPGLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:16 AM   #29
87Euro

Well, happy and sad right now.

The course of this just changed, this is now not my tinker car, it's my only car.

Sold my truck on Saturday - I was upside down on it so the mods will still be slow for a bit - a little bit I should say. But with income tax I'm paying off the difference taht I was upside down on the truck with, and then I'll start doing the mods. Passed on a set of lowering springs the other day - pretty sure i'm just going to do a cup kit from H&R instead of springs and Koni's, but we will see I guess.

Anyway, here's the outgoing truck. Look at it and then think about what the BMW is going to be getting done, then be like me and be excited. I'm half tempted to just say bunk it, sell the front bumper I have and order up the MTech 2 front, rear and side skirts.... For under a grand including paint I could be looking alot sexier. I Will get a different set of rims and tires as well but that will be later more than likely, possibly at the same time as the drop.

Anyway, going to miss my truck:/

When I was waxing it the last time:

Truck was a long build, but this one will be longer honestly. Next house I buy will have a 3 car garge, a shed or alot of land and I'll build a shed;-)

Here's to getting rid of debt, and modding the little BMW.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:29 AM   #30
87Euro

Also, I'm a purist, but - from where the car sits now, I'm actually considering the VisRacing or something that follows the stock lines front and rear bumpers.

How bad is this in this forums eye's?

http://www.bodykitsuperstore.com/bmw...er-p-7356.html

Not a loud kit at all, I like the rear bumper alot, and mine is fubar'd, the front is simple and elegant as well, stays with the stock lines, side skirts look suttle as well. Thinking that on some VMR 18's staggered with proper offset and get my paint and body fixed where it's messed up and turn my eyes to the suspension refresh and then manual swap....

Thoughts?
Old 02-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #31
87Euro

Stoked!

Just picked up a staggered set of DS2's. Need refinishing but man they are so light compared to my current rims. GEtting tires removed right now, dropped them off on my way back to work. They are painted gunmetal currently but I'm going ot strip them, actually considering taking them to local powdercoater and just getting them done.

I think i'm going to just keep them and run them for good. Looking for pics of DS2's on E46's currently, not finding alot. I think with nice drop they will look good, and the concern for weight savings makes me super happy with them.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #32
Tate325xi

My Ride: 325xi & CLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Euro View Post
Stoked!

Just picked up a staggered set of DS2's. Need refinishing but man they are so light compared to my current rims. GEtting tires removed right now, dropped them off on my way back to work. They are painted gunmetal currently but I'm going ot strip them, actually considering taking them to local powdercoater and just getting them done.

I think i'm going to just keep them and run them for good. Looking for pics of DS2's on E46's currently, not finding alot. I think with nice drop they will look good, and the concern for weight savings makes me super happy with them.

Are those E36 M3 rims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
sometimes i'm into it and my one hand gets tired, i try switching, but then it's like someone with lou gehrig's trying to peel a carrot.
Tate325xi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #33
87Euro

Yeap, DS2's, Staggered at 17x7.5 and 8.5

I'll strip and refinish. Just got told all 4 are good, one is absolutely perfect, the other 3 are only slightly off. Will just pay for roadforce balance when the time comes here shortly.

I will probably do spacers on them after I get it lowered as well
Old 02-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #34
87Euro

Better pic's of what i'm working with. Have to work this out now - need to come up with the money for new tires - looking at the Sumi HTR 3's as the reviews are amazing and I can get a staggered setup to my door for under 400 bucks Sticky tires and lighter rims. I anticipate loosing 35-50 lbs on each wheel going from the chrome 19's and heavy tires to MUCH lighter rims and lighter tires.

I actually think I will see a gas mileage increase and also feel the performance difference as its on rotational weight and significant. Can't wait to get them cleaned up. Went skydiving yesterday, so wasn't top of the list;-)

And my weekend:

If you made it this far, lots more pics of the skydive, 18000 feet, highest Skydive in the world. It's actually well above the legal limits for FAA without oxygen, was super cold, and super hard to breath till we got to around 15k. 1 min 30 seconds of freefall Was a perfect cloudless day for it, and that's Cape Canaveral/Nasa with the VAB, shuttle landing strip, and all the pads below me, Was an awesome view. My love of my life jumped with me, was pretty cool, here is a pic of us

Last edited by 87Euro; 02-17-2014 at 08:00 AM.
87Euro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #35
JV805///M

My Ride: 2005 M3 ZCP
Send a message via AIM to JV805///M
Nice skydiving man! But 18,000 is the FAA commercial tandem limit, and people jump from a lot higher than that!
Old 02-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #36
87Euro

Oh I'm aware of that man, no rookie here, 16 years Air Force and been around HALO's and all that jazz my whole life, but they are on oxygen, and this is the highest tandem in the US without advanced level certs and or solo jump certs. It's not a dick measurment type of thing, just stating it as fact, it's the highest tandem jump in America - and they state in thier paperwork, the world. Of course living overseas for 6+ years, I know the rules and regulations are a bit lax in other parts of the world so we can go with highest in US and I'm still happy

Point is, it was cold - 18k feet when ground temp was 60 puts us right around Zero plus the 125mph windchill. I will do it again, but will wait till summer next time We were well above the horizon line and above even the dust layer, we were officially "middle atmosphere" and honestly, it was high enough for me Jump was made, and bucket list complete, I will do again but not anytime soon. Was alot of money for all of that
Old 02-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #37
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
skydiving looks fun, your car is coming along well. I almost puked when I saw the rear mount turbo. but I'm glad you got that fixed up.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #38
87Euro

Not feeling like a long post now so if pics will finish uploading will throw a few on here. Got alot done today. First, been hitting hte beach alot lately so salt spray and sand all inside. Got it cleaned up honestly after the sunrise this morning around 730 and then put some of that car wash spray in baby powder scent. Previous owner was a smoker - I'm not....

Anyway, got home and said let me get the rear clearanced for the ET20's and stop this occasional rubbing, so took out a razor and went to town, it's been rolled and slight pull so only the liners in the rear. Well, got done with both sides and decided to tackle the front bumper.

It's on but not perfect, looks ALOT better than the other one though. Need the new aluminum bar behind it for sure, and also on both sides there is a set of brakets that are busted, going to look for those on RealOEM right now and see if i can source them for cheap. may get those ordered soon. also, the center piece is true BMW from BavAuto, the two side pieces are Rock Auto, and were super cheap, i understand why now... I'm hoping when I get the bumper mounted and no flex/warp to it they will pop in better, but fitment is pretty subpar for me, STILL, much better than that old bumper, which is on the curb now....

Oh yeah, i did a cleaner wax and cleaned it all up on the outside as well.

Rubbing

In process

And of course, I put time and effort into it on appearance for the first time, and it pours, at least it's beading and in person looks HELLA better.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #39
jM2.me

My Ride: BMW
Dear god that looks so much better. To be honest, I think chrome wheels aren't that bad. They go well with chrome grills and door moldings.
If only they were a bit smaller, or proper tires.

Great job so far

Volcano Red M3 Bumpers, Fenders, Quarter panels 19" 8.5ET35 225/35 | 9.5ET35 255/30 Custom Quad Exhaust Good old M54
jM2.me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #40
87Euro

^^^

Thanks man apprecite it, and the tires and rims aren't that bad, I will like the DS2's more, actually picked all the stuff up to start preppign them, i'm going to completely fix them as well and rid them of all curb marks when i prep them as well, they will be perfect when I put them on the car. I'm actually looking at a swap for some Concave VMR's in teh staggered 18" size right now as well, I'm 100% the other guy is not there yet though;-)

We will see I suppose, I'm just happy now that I'm not rubbing anymore

Front looks better but it's bugging me that it's not mounted up properly, possibly just getting the fog lights, plastic pieces for the bottom opening and the side mounts will help me out there though, looking for the side mounts in a moment. The front bumper bar being bent makes it sit not hella flush but it works, sides are what bother me the most and the cheap little brackets should solve that, then the Rock auto insert pieces may fit better. IT's a big jigsaw puzzle correcting someone elses work though:/