E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 08:57 AM   #41
87Euro

My Ride: 04 330i
Rough weekend, and I'm kind of over the DS2's as of this moment, put some time in them but didn't turn out too well, too many other things going on right now in life to put alot of time in the car as well.

I would trade my 6 19's with 4 newer tires and the DS2's for a set of good rims man. I don't like 19's and the ET20 is too aggressive for me. Wanting a set of Staggered 17's or 18's that I can tuck under and get to lowering already, with the current 19's and my lack of willingness to roll and pull beyond where I am, I can not lower it. So hit me up.

Anyway the guy selling me the front pieces and fog lights backed out as well. The good news is the outside clips arrived, will throw them on soon and get the front bumper aligned a little bit better.

Pissed at the headlights as well, they are Depo's - and not that bad, but the passenger side headlight works when it wants.... Not to mention current setup I have no brights. So expect some changes and more than likely some ballast and HID's for sale soon. Have ot see what is involved to get back to just a normal holgen bulb....

The DS2's

Won't use this kind anymore, pure Aircraft next time...

I rinsed them off at this point, will hit them with some Aircraft stripper if I can, but may be a while:/

Old 03-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #42
87Euro

YAY!

I have working brights and headlights.

Took the Ballast out and went with standard H7 bulbs - selling the ballast and bulbs 30 bucks will take them, they work just fine, but I think some of the connectors were loose is all. so 30 plus 5 bucks shipping if you want them, will ebay them momentarily, for and E46 with standard haologens I think... Anyway thats a huge load off my back as I drive alot of backroads at night and wanted my Brights back.

Other news, working out a trade for my 19's for some M68's, my original desire for rims. If this works out, will be saving some coin for suspension, still a toss up between aftermarket struts and some H&R Race springs or something simular, and/or the Megan coilovers as I like the fact that they come with the adjustable camber, and loved those coilovers on my SC300 with the JZ-GTE swap. Money will be the final decision maker I'm sure;-) Need some wiper blades and to finish this interior.

Also, i had some old projectors I was going to make headlights out of for an old streetfighter buil;d that never happened put them up to the holes in the front bumper and low and behold I have some nice ass PIAA projectors taht I'm going to fab up and mount in those holes soon, should be alot brighter than the standard fogs!!!!

Hopefully I'm posting pics on the new rims tmorrow or later tonight, but we will see. My pile o parts needing install are building up as well. Need to do the oil change as well....

And this is the reason I have no washer resevoir, will relocate that as I may actually start using the alarm and remote start soon. But I want washer fluid as i drive quite a bit and once i buy my new house out in the sticks, it will only increase how far I drive...

Old 03-19-2014, 07:43 AM   #43
87Euro

Well, after a couple of more blown appointments I said screw it, ordered up some 225/45 and 245/40 for the DS2's and bought some aircraft stripper last night. Went to work, got cut short but it made a difference, enough so that I'm just going to 80 grit later this week and then some 200 grit probably and maybe an 800 and self etch primer them and then paint. Deciding on the pearl silver, or graphite, or a titanium look.

Leaning towards the pearl silver and a good clear coat. I'm tired of rubbing, tired of being on Heavy Chrome rims that rub and tired of loud tires.

Best thing is I got the Falken 612's for 355 shipped to my door;-) I'm pretty sure I can get more than that for the Chrome rims and I'm going to get my tires mounted with Road Force balancing as I do plan on putting alot of miles on these tires, and as well some track times on Autocross and maybe even a Sebring trip... Not the best handling tires for the road course, but if I get to go 6 timers in the next 2 years I would be surprised so these work great for aggressive normal every day driving.

Also, at this point in time I have to do some pressure washing around the house this weekend, I'm going to hit the rims with the pressure washer as well and hopefully get them primed and painted this weekend and tires mounted in a perfect world and be rocking the staggered 17's on the car next week with no more rubbing and probably increased gas mileage and performance from the massive weight savings over the Chrome 19's lol

The stripper and application

Some results:

Old 03-19-2014, 09:48 AM   #44
Tate325xi

My Ride: 325xi & CLK55 AMG
I'm looking forward to seeing how DS2s look on an E46, keep it up man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
sometimes i'm into it and my one hand gets tired, i try switching, but then it's like someone with lou gehrig's trying to peel a carrot.
Tate325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #45
87Euro

Only progress: and I'm wondering color on the DS2', thinking the pearl silver and then a good clear coat, will be doing this week and getting tires mounted ASAP - may go get pain tonight, just need sanding and some patching on the curb damage then a final pass on sandpaper and self etch and bam, 3-5 coats of paint and clear then mount them up, Oh ill get weight on them before and after as well for one of the current fronts and one of the current rears.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #46
87Euro

Finally got a few hours, looks like i'm calling in sick tomorrow, at least for the morning tomorrow though. Had some stuff I had to do tonight and could not finish, so car is setting in pieces

Valve cover was Stuck on there - but it's off, in the middle of taking the vanos out for the Besian rebuild and had to go get some tools - 8mm hex and a 32mm for the fan as I do need to remove it and the shroud. Tomorrow morning will do those first thing, honestly probably around 745-8. Then get the vanos off, and head inside to my office to tear it apart and update the gaskets. Then back to the car to put it all back togther, I may take the top two 02's out and clean them as well. Going to take the cam sensors out and clean and put back in as well, I think when i di the front one before i put the wrong o-ring in the front one, so will check that

A few pic's

Can tell synthetic has been used it's whole life - almost no cam marks from wear.

How she sits till morning.

Can't wait, think it's going to feel like a new car. After this round - oil change, new magnetic drain plug, new Besian systems rebuild, valve cover gaskets and cleaning o2's it's going to feel like a new car I think. Just need to get that crank sensor swapped out, possibly electric fan conversion, flush coolant and I will be ordering up the DISA rebuild soon. After that - I'm thinking headers and Euro reflash to keep me happy. Lucky for me, sounds like an exhaust leak has started as well, thinking i'm dropping the back muffler and running duals out to get rid of hat crap that the P.O. Did before.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #47
87Euro

VAnos rebuilt - back in and torqued, vavle cover in place but not bolted in - had to get to work, about 5 hours total in this teardown and build up. I am going ot have to go electric fan soon so will be looking into that, and noticed my serpentine belt is getting old.

So before May - need brakes x 4, hopefully suspension at the same time honestly with a slight drop, DISA rebuild, Clean o2's, electric fan swap and coolant system flush, tranny and rear diff fluid swap then just drive it till all is needed again lol.

Current status:

Old 04-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #48
87Euro

Got home from work and got started, then this happened:

Poured for a bit,

But ultimately:

Easy drivign on order for around 200 miles for the Besian VANOS rebuild per instructions but no leaks initially, we will see after some time. All back togethr and good. Now more to do that I discovered while in there you know...
Old 04-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #49
87Euro

Besian Vanos Rebuild review = WoW.

with the short ram intake in still that previous owner had I Really hear the VANOS kicking in and can feel the difference up top, didn't know i was missing it.... The stumble/delay/miss feelign i had that I thought was DISA was in fact my VANOS. I will still rebuild VANOS, but as precaution now instead of expecting some change from it. Car likes the oil change, likes the VANOS rebuild. O2's are coming soon, really soon actually as I'm just pulling htem out and spraying them to clean them in hopes that's all they need.

Contracted my New HOUSE, so Once in that one and things are settled, will get the rear bumper straightened out, complete suspension as well more than likely. Just more resto ATT. Mod coming sooner rather than later I hope, hoping for the Cosmos intake soon as well if I can't source some 3 1/2 inch mandrel pipe bfore then for cheaper...

Happy with the VANOS - sounds so much better as cams are forwarding and can Feel it up top, which I honestly did not expect.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #50
87Euro

Bunch of time spent on the house - the one we are selling LOL - not the one we are contracted on, nothing done except a bath.

Couple of pic's, one right after the engine work, and one after the bath.

Getting closer to getting those 17's on... Or giving up and buying another set lol
Old 04-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #51
stevenluczynski

My Ride: Is Steel Blue<3
You should join us in the Space Coast BMW group on Facebook
Old 04-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #52
87Euro

Thanks - just added - also read your thread a while back on your coilovers...

In the market soon - I have all the Central Florida and Orlando BMW groups, never looked for a Space Coast one LOL.

Thanks man. Your car sits about perfect and I actually never realized you were from Central Fl.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #53
stevenluczynski

My Ride: Is Steel Blue<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Euro View Post
Thanks - just added - also read your thread a while back on your coilovers...

In the market soon - I have all the Central Florida and Orlando BMW groups, never looked for a Space Coast one LOL.

Thanks man. Your car sits about perfect and I actually never realized you were from Central Fl.
Yup! If you attend any of the upcoming meets you can take my car for a spin and see how you like the coil overs yourself
Old 04-19-2014, 10:31 AM   #54
87Euro

Sounds great man - the chances of me making a meet anytime soon are actually pretty slim though, I will probably have the coilovers on before that time I am selling a house and doing prep work to get top dollar, contracted on a new home - I got married Yesterday, and I'm doing the resto on this car. I have a super busy job - Engineer for Nuance and have two kids already and may be trying for more soon - not complaining about that part;-)

meets - I typically will meet peopole at the track If I choose to do a car meet - it would be at the Drag strip and do some passes and shoot the bull all night, or Autocross and help people dial in thier cars etc. I will autocross with this car, just a matter of how much, it's not going to be consistent at all - so your coilovers will work perfectly, honesty if I keep it long enough to do the manual swap, i will probably go alot more serious with it and do subframe re-enforcement etc. I'm bad about flipping cars though, and I don't have much ion this one, i just honestly enjoy working on it and drivign it, so i will probably just pick up a truck/suv that is 4wd again and keep this one, then it will get more specified stuff done to it

Do you have an actual build thread for your car other than that coilover thread?
Old 04-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #55
87Euro

Final day of things left to do on my house and of course, sprain my ankle, High ankle sprain - freaking hurts, enver had a high one swollen like an Orange, limits movemetn etc.

Alot to do - but having to take it slow, heres' a funny picture from the last minute shopping just before i sprained the ankle. 16ft trim piece

And here is where my 80lb dog decided to sit on the way home from the vet...

Old 05-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #56
87Euro

Recieved and installed my Homelink setup - it's not working, going to try to find out why - is there a fuse for the stock wiring? Guess I will dig in tonight and see.

Time for more searches, and possibly a printout of our fuse setup - and hopefully this weekend get the rims finished, tires mounted, steering wheel removed and repair the controls, probably soilder the ribbon cable back, and unfortunately due to time limitations I have to pay to get the coolant flushed, and that last sensor put in for the Crank underneath before the road trip.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #57
Tate325xi

Quote:
Recieved and installed my Homelink setup - it's not working, going to try to find out why - is there a fuse for the stock wiring? Guess I will dig in tonight and see.
Did you go for the standard E46 sunroof control mount one, or try an E90 anti-dazzle mirror retrofit?

Quote:
sometimes i'm into it and my one hand gets tired, i try switching, but then it's like someone with lou gehrig's trying to peel a carrot.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #58
87Euro

Sunroof mount control - not sure if it's bad or if it's not getting power, haven't got to check for a fuse yet.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #59
Tate325xi

Quote:
Sunroof mount control - not sure if it's bad or if it's not getting power, haven't got to check for a fuse yet.
You might want to speak with delmarco about it. Or at least take a look at his DIY. If I recall correctly, at one point he had both in his car.

Quote:
Old 05-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #60
87Euro

Due to the roadtrip next weekend - I'm seriously considering putting the unfinished rims on the car with the new tires for the trip to Baton Rouge, long drive and the weight savings of the 17's over the 19's not to mention a loaded down car for the trip - and the rubbing in the back has almost pushed me to taht point. I may just go over the lips on the outside and do final prep on them, and then once on the car do a rim at a time and get them cleaned, prepped the rest of the way, and playing card the rims and get them painted in the new driveway with the tires on, wasn't the plan, but plans change.

Have to get the coolant flushed - paying And that last little sensor replaced on the crank, pull the front two O2's and clean them and then clean up the interior a bit, fairly long road trip in the near future.