E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 07:46 AM   #61
87Euro

My Ride: 04 330i
Well, dropping car off as we speak, did the front o2 clean last night and now it's not throwing that code still have the crankshaft code so getting it put in, only one shop that will do it and with the broken ankle I can't... At same time getting coolant flush and the unfinished DS2's with the new tires mounted balanced and thrown on the car. Am trading the 19's for a set of stock 19's but they are not in condition for the road trip so ugly rims are the safest protection from getting stolen in Baton Rouge!!! I'm actually anxious to see how the DS2's look and this was a huge step towards getting the car lowered - I will finish the rims one at at time on the car now - and honestly, it will be easier to strip them the rest of the way with the extra tires on there. Just hoping the rims balance out pretty good as I was planning on fixing the pitting with quick steel, since they are going on now, i may finish with bondo to fill the holes now to not throw the balance of the tires off. one has a slight dent in it as well so unsure if i will flatten that back out as it has a tire on it, i'm sure i'll drop tire pressure and hit it a few times, horrible looking rims - enroute

Here's a pic when I was doing the a/f o2 last night

Getting dropped off

Rear sits just right with 4 rims and tires in the back seat and trunk...

Last edited by 87Euro; 05-20-2014 at 08:25 AM.
87Euro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #62
JaYaRe

My Ride: goes, Brroom Brooom
nice progress, if your bumper is still sticking out pass the fender, buy a small self taping screw and drill the inside of the bumper to the fender to make it fit flush,
Old 05-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #63
87Euro

Haha I have the actual parts to connect it properly but between two kids, getting married last month prepping my house to sell buying a new house and moving I have had time to put it on! It works now so haven't been stressing and with the ds2's not being finished and going on that will be the last of my worries
Old 05-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #64
87Euro

Oh Wow, worse than I imagined, at least my wife will give me time to finish them up when we get back from La soon, may throw the other 19's I'm picking up on the car for a temporary basis to finish the 17's up once the trip is done as well.

Oh well, thats motivation to get them stripped the rest of the way, and painted up to perfect ASAP, on for the trip now though
Old 06-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #65
87Euro

Well, car screwed up before we left for the road trip, so it sat the whole damn time, threw misfire 3,4,5 and I knew it wsa the boot - but didn't have time to mess with it - I ordered the boots today, will install later but prett yfrustrated with the car ATT. Been breaking up in daily driving this week since i got back as well.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #66
87Euro

Latest mod - 2 logs and a 4 board soft carrier

Old 06-19-2014, 07:45 AM   #67
87Euro

New intake boots put in, cleaned some sensors up and also discovered the o-ring that is in the front camshaft sensor is the wrong size and leaking a bit of oil out of there, will buy new o-rings, also have a slight leak from the power steering. Finally tried to install my home-link that I bought from someone on here and it doesn't work:/ Going ot see if he will give me a refund and let me send it back and i'm bummed because I just moved in a new neighborhood. Other than that - verified my DISA is a newer on - previous owner actually didn't lie - and it works fine with no play and even verified the vacuum portion is working properly, there is still a little bit of flutter in acceleration so I will do fuel filter next. Think i'm going to possibly seafoam as well just to get it perfect. Yes I know the intake and filter setup absolutely sucks

In other news, my brand new perfect front bumper on the front - someone backed into it - it's not bad, but the simple point pisses me off, thought about an insurance claim and get it all done and probably get a high quote and go to a friends body shop and get everything fixed, but we will see. Also set the damn clock in the car, had never figured out how to to that and reset the oil service light as it's around 500 miles since I did the oil change, expect the mileage to increase on it quite a bit in the next few months. On the fence about trading it in once i sell my 2nd house now, but time will tell as I'm working all the kinks out right now lol

Last edited by 87Euro; 06-19-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #68
87Euro

And, guess it's not my steering connector gone bad, looks like i have Cruise Control again - was simply a fuse...
Old 06-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #69
87Euro

Work done today, will update what was done later.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #70
87Euro

got tired of it looking like crap in multicolored fashion, so gave in and just plasti-dipped them - and went ahead and did the kidneys as well. Looks A ton better.

Also - ordered up the latest few items to fix some issues: Fuel Filter is ordered - O-rings for the recently replaced camshaft sensors - they are leaking there and they were different sizes so figured it out after looking it was the culprit - 1.25 spent well I hope. And since i'm getting MAF codes occasionaly and it's a new MAF, and the boots are brand new, orderd up a 45 degree silicone elbow and a foot of aluminum 3.5" piping. Just going to run the filter out of the engine bay and get some straight air going into the MAF - I looked for BMW stock boxes but people want too much for them. I figure I'll do what i can, and the parts I ordered for intake setup were 35 bucks shipped, find me a stock intake box for that;-)

So, should be better shortly, and have kind of settled into keeping it for a while longer than I initially thought I would, so going to continue on the maint but there isn't too much left to do thankfully
Old 06-27-2014, 08:23 PM   #71
87Euro

One problem fixed!!!

Problem above

Solution below

3.5" 45degree elbow and a foot of 3.5" aluminum pipe to the old crappy spectrum intake.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #72
modjo

My Ride: 330XI
Why do you need this solution? More power or what else with this. I think more dust come to engine.
modjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:25 PM   #73
87Euro

Well I prefer the stock air box, but previous owner messed up quite a bit on the car, so yes the filter attached directly to the MAF causes issues, quite a few different ones and I had multiple symptoms from this. I also put the intake in like this out of preference as it's hot in Florida, and it's much hotter in the engine bay so cooler air is better. I don't expect HP but is do expect a few things from this and it's been nice on the few drives since I put it in. Tomorrow will be fuel filter and my camshaft sensor o-rings.

Last edited by 87Euro; 06-28-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:17 PM   #74
87Euro

Found the damn problem!

And fixed the little oil leak as well:

Good one on the left the obvious smaller one on the right was too small of an o-ring and caused a slight oil leak and stopped me from parking on my new driveway.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:21 PM   #75
87Euro

If you don't know the FPR is on our filter and well the previous owner decided it didn't need a vacuum ran to it... Oh well ran a new line and tested it out, expect some drivability increased fuel mileage!
Old 06-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #76
06GP

My Ride: GP
Nice work on the intake boss! Who needs OEM, right ;-)
06GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #77
87Euro

Now, this may be frowned on - but man, it's a step in the right direction and is only temporary. Not to mention I believe all the aftermarket "improvments" the previous owner did are off finally.

Now I can focus on improving: Cut the 2.25 inch to 2" y-pipe off that lead to the generic 2" inlet muffler taht was mounted not straight anyway. So now I"m mufflerless - but with the stock manifolds and cats to the dual resonators, going ot get tailpips and tips added later, probably after I get a replacmeent rear bumper to make sure the pipes and tips are lined up properly.

Few more cuts were made after that last pic, but you get the idea. Sounds alot better and man, I have more up top, that exhaust being that brought down hurt it alot more than i imagined, and no - not imagining more power, would not spin before, even in the wet really, now it will straight roast the tire... I'm more than pleased with getting that bottleneck gone. So that was the last of the "rear mount" turbo that remained on the car.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:10 AM   #78
87Euro

Closed off filter arrived to help with the rain and not killing the engine, going to pull the front bumper off, straighten the bar underneath, mount the filter setup in the final location, and hard mount the front bumper properly this weekend hopefully.

Also got new A,B, and C pillars enroute from on here. I gave up on redoing mine for now stripping them back down, going back with the factory grey fabric, may redo later with black suede though...

Found a perfect donor car with all the parts I need to make this 100%, 2.5 hours away and he won't do trades... Back bumper, front bumper pieces, hood etc, everything I need that has slight damage or tweaks is in perfect shape...

GRRRrrr
Old 07-12-2014, 08:45 PM   #79
87Euro

Yeah! Getting it moving in the right direction!

Before!

With the new filter up about 4 inches higher and shielded

Now!

Old 07-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #80
87Euro

Been doing alot of reading and research for the future:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=828355

SAP delete with the ECS part number fore the plate,

And this one - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...removal&page=4

Headers - going with the Bimmerbrakes Stainless Gen1's as I won't do the manual swap till after that.

After alot of research I have 45.1 and I can not flash to EU2:/ So I'll have to make up some stuff or go EPIC tune and not shark tune.

I was actually just planning on EU2 tune and done with it, but this way I may need to pay to get DME reflashed and disable SAP and rear o2 stuff in the future, which sucks but will be nice to be done and not worry about it again.

These are for updates for future and for quick reference for me in the future when my other house sells and I can actually order some stuff....

I may do SAP delete ASAP honestly as I have the surge issue and overly sensitive o2's right now and need the flash for that, lookign for a location or local guy to do the flash for me as BMW wants way to much for it.

Thanks FAnatics for being a great resource

Last edited by 87Euro; 07-20-2014 at 08:28 AM.