E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 06:34 AM   #41
jaffaz32

My Ride: E46 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjoz View Post
First of all thank you for the post! Your old post on the install and this one will be a lot of help when I start to install mine!! I have been lurking around the forum, reading as much as I can on installs for last few days. I'm almost convinced this works and just about to order it. I'm still confused on two things:

1) I have a 2003 BMW 325i with Business CD now. To reposition the climate control to sun glass holder box do I need to buy anything or would it just sit in once I remove the glass holder box out of the frame?

2) The antenna connector you bought off of amazon, do you know if that will work with my car model? Coz when I tried on amazon it said not compatible!
I'm not the best person to answer this but from what I have been reading...

You will have to buy a relocation kit for the heater controls, sold by BMW but you can buy it else where. see here for reference and numbers.

http://www.mybimmer.net/howtos.htm

the antenna appears to be a Universal part, I looked it up on their website to check this also.

the other thing you need to consider which is not clear is... You may also need a wire extension harness. I'm not sure if we need this with the GM but with the previous D5150 I believe you did.
jaffaz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:33 AM   #42
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer90 View Post
Mine behaves the same way then. It would be nice if it kept up when powered down but it isn't that big a deal since it syncs up within a couple of minutes upon startup.
If you have gps sync option checked and gps software started (for example Igo, or Garmin, or whatever...), unit's clock will freeze, right?
Old 01-24-2014, 08:51 AM   #43
brewer90

My Ride: 06 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
If you have gps sync option checked and gps software started (for example Igo, or Garmin, or whatever...), unit's clock will freeze, right?
I don't have my gps software installed yet but will check that when I do.
brewer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #44
rocksonrocks

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
This is what happens to me. However after I did an "Initialize" in the Settings I am able set the clock without sync and in 24 hr mode and it now keeps time with the car off. If I try the am pm clock it will stay in whichever one I set . The time will be correct but it always says am or pm......... However the clock still stops if I use sync mode for the clock and start the Igo Primo nav app.
rocksonrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #45
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
Quote:
My clock is keeping correct time with GPS Sync'd and GMT-7. When I start Igo the clock on the Nav is correct but on the main screen it's off. When you close Igo and go back to the main screen the clock corrects itself within 1 minute. I'm using Igo Primo 2.4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjoz View Post
First of all thank you for the post! Your old post on the install and this one will be a lot of help when I start to install mine!! I have been lurking around the forum, reading as much as I can on installs for last few days. I'm almost convinced this works and just about to order it. I'm still confused on two things:

1) I have a 2003 BMW 325i with Business CD now. To reposition the climate control to sun glass holder box do I need to buy anything or would it just sit in once I remove the glass holder box out of the frame?

2) The antenna connector you bought off of amazon, do you know if that will work with my car model? Coz when I tried on amazon it said not compatible!
Welcome and glad to help.

If you want a nice clean install go with the AC relocation bracket, links to buy one are on the first page of the Eonon D5150 Install thread.

I would use the Antenna Adapter listed on the first page of this thread I got from Amazon. For the best reception that one works the best and it's $13. Don't trust Amazon for the comparability.

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 01-24-2014 at 06:08 PM.
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:33 PM   #46
Anjoz

Thumbs Up

Again, thank you all for the replies. Really appreciate it!

Sorry about the noob question! So I have two buttons - DSC and Surround as you see in the image. So I presume I have to buy Radio mounting bracket with individual button slots with smokers package (since I have an ashtray and an LED in the tray)? I mean this one - http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...30902/ES86962/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140124_161247.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	543907  

Last edited by Anjoz; 01-24-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Anjoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #47
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

You need the other one "Single Slot". The control panel with the two buttons fits into one large slot. And yes you need the smokers package.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...01410/ES82727/

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 01-24-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #48
Anjoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
You need the other one "Single Slot". The control panel with the two buttons fits into one large slot. And yes you need the smokers package.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...01410/ES82727/
Thank you!!!!
Old 01-25-2014, 02:08 AM   #49
daki_bmw

Quote:
My clock is keeping correct time with GPS Sync'd and GMT-7. When I start Igo the clock on the Nav is correct but on the main screen it's off. When you close Igo and go back to the main screen the clock corrects itself within 1 minute. I'm using Igo Primo 2.4...
Absolutely same thing here. But the thing is, I'm using gps software (Primo and Igo8...depends on my mood...I even managed to make Garmin work...) probably 90% of the time - gps is main reason for buying the unit. Igo works in the foreground OR in the background. If it's in the background, I don't have the correct time in the main screen (big clock) or in different modes (small clock). What I'm trying to say gps sync option is useless to me, altho it's working as it should.

This is really the only problem I have with the unit. And it's a small problem. I'd just love if the clock kept time like the OEM one did, when the car was off...since I know that the unit gets +12V 24/7 via the yellow cable on the main harness.

Last edited by daki_bmw; 01-25-2014 at 02:09 AM.
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:07 AM   #50
rocksonrocks

Quote:
Absolutely same thing here. But the thing is, I'm using gps software (Primo and Igo8...depends on my mood...I even managed to make Garmin work...) probably 90% of the time - gps is main reason for buying the unit. Igo works in the foreground OR in the background. If it's in the background, I don't have the correct time in the main screen (big clock) or in different modes (small clock). What I'm trying to say gps sync option is useless to me, altho it's working as it should.

This is really the only problem I have with the unit. And it's a small problem. I'd just love if the clock kept time like the OEM one did, when the car was off...since I know that the unit gets +12V 24/7 via the yellow cable on the main harness.
Have you figured out how to adjust the volume for Igo Primo? Mines pretty random compared to my source (radio or memory card). Some times nav is very quiet compared to source. If I turn up volume while nav is speaking, radio volume goes up to. Sometimes the relative volume is good but I don't know what I did differently? I tried all the adjustments in Igo and Eonon but relative volume is still random.
rocksonrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:50 AM   #51
daki_bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksonrocks View Post
Have you figured out how to adjust the volume for Igo Primo? Mines pretty random compared to my source (radio or memory card). Some times nav is very quiet compared to source. If I turn up volume while nav is speaking, radio volume goes up to. Sometimes the relative volume is good but I don't know what I did differently? I tried all the adjustments in Igo and Eonon but relative volume is still random.
Hmmmm, honestly I don't remember having any issues with volume. I'd have to play with the unit's volume some more... I'll tell you what I do remember - in Primo, all volume settings are maxed out (master, voice, ding, etc.) except key which is disabled (it's annoying - everytime you touch something in Primo, radio stops). Radio is around 1-2, USB same, bluetooth is around 50%, somewhere in the middle because of phone calls (I don't use A2DP...but if I did, 50% would be too loud). Very important thing is that I have GPS mix disabled in the settings. Did you try to adjust desired unit's volume while in gps mode, without sound coming out from any other source, and then go to radio, or sd, and adjust it's volume? I'm asking because I can't remember from the top of my head how volume works, but I remember what I do and I have no issues.

Last edited by daki_bmw; 01-25-2014 at 07:53 AM.
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #52
jaffaz32

My Ride: E46 318i
WOLFN8TR

Thanks for your help, we both have the business cd option.

Do we need a wire extension harness?

Also I saw that it now comes with a 90 degree cable for iPod but noticed you purchased another cable as well as the amazon one. Do we need this also for the GM or have Eonon also supplied this with the GM?

Thanks

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
jaffaz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #53
brewer90

My Ride: 06 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffaz32 View Post
WOLFN8TR

Also I saw that it now comes with a 90 degree cable for iPod but noticed you purchased another cable as well as the amazon one. Do we need this also for the GM or have Eonon also supplied this with the GM?

Thanks

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
If you have the business cd then everything you need is in the box. Wolf's earlier iPod harness is no longer required. The only thing you might want is the metra antenna cable he recommends for better radio reception. The included one will work but reception is poor.
brewer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:32 AM   #54
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Do you have the D5150? On the GM5150 the time is incorrect on startup but with GPS Sync on it corrects itself within a minute. When using Nav the clock takes priority which is good for calculating time to destination. If you leave the Nav running in the background the clock on the main screen will be wrong. If you exit the Nav program (turn it off) the clock on the main screen corrects itself within a minute. Do you have the clock option on the dash readout (DIC)? I usually just use that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksonrocks View Post
Have you figured out how to adjust the volume for Igo Primo? I tried all the adjustments in Igo and Eonon but relative volume is still random.
Quote:
Hmmmm, honestly I don't remember having any issues with volume. I'd have to play with the unit's volume some more... I'll tell you what I do remember - in Primo, all volume settings are maxed out. Very important thing is that I have GPS mix disabled in the settings.
If you "GPS Mix Ratio" there is a setting from 0-10, that is the ratio of sound coming from the Nav, "0" is the lowest and "10" is the loudness. If you have this feature disabled it's at it's loudest. Also there are Volume settings in the Nav as previously stated by daki_bmw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffaz32 View Post
WOLFN8TR
Also I saw that it now comes with a 90 degree cable for iPod but noticed you purchased another cable as well as the amazon one.
Welcome...
No extension harness needed, that's only if you are replacing OEM Nav.
The 90 degree iPod cable Eonon supplies will work but it does stick out a little farther than the one I used. If you use the Antenna adapter Eonon supplies you will need to trim it down so I suggest getting the Metra Antenna adapter on the 1st page. I will post up some photos on the first page showing the differences of the cables.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #55
Anjoz

HU and the HVAC relocation bracket is on its way!!! About to order the antenna connector. I'm not gonna install TPMS. Even the OEM TPMS units can be a pain I hear!

Any recommendations on rear view camera? Thinking of getting this from ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/271313516433...84.m1438.l2649. Do I need to consider something with night vision? I see two different versions, anyone has tried any?

Last edited by Anjoz; 01-25-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:10 PM   #56
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

That camera is good but the install might not be fun. From what I've heard these come in two sizes as Coupes vs Sedans fit differently. Plus the fact you are cutting the factory wiring to power the LED light. If the camera doesn't fit you will be filling and cutting to get it to fit. But this camera is the best hidden/stock option.

See page 1 for Camera Options.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:25 PM   #57
Anjoz

Question

Quote:
That camera is good but the install might not be fun. From what I've heard these come in two sizes as Coupes vs Sedans fit differently. Plus the fact you are cutting the factory wiring to power the LED light. If the camera doesn't fit you will be filling and cutting to get it to fit. But this camera is the best hidden/stock option.

See page 1 for Camera Options.
So I checked the sizes and it runs 72x32mm and that is what the ebay ad seems to be listing. And my existing ones seem to be made of clear plastic. That is what made me key in on this one. Someone here on the forum mentioned, the ones that say sony are good (not sure if that means the camera is made by sony and the plate is from some Chinese factory!).

Now I'm assuming this is going to pose two problems.

1) Since the lights are in a pair, when I replace one to be LED, the light colors will differ and I will have to update the other one too right?
2) You mentioned I will have to cut to wire the led - I believe I will have to cut the wire/connector on the oem one to get it out and power this?

Last edited by Anjoz; 01-25-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #58
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

I have also heard the Sony ones are better. Installing this camera with a LED could make it look different and be an issue matching the light to the camera LED. Yes you will have to cut the light out and use the existing light wire to power the camera's LED light. Yes they are wired in series so find the light that only has two wires not four and install it there. Updated page 1 with more camera's and links.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:28 PM   #59
dragondrpr

My Ride: 03 325xi
Thumbs Up

i am sold i want one please send me a link for the discount price so i can pay it right away

$432.00 with map

Last edited by dragondrpr; 01-26-2014 at 12:07 AM.
dragondrpr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:25 AM   #60
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondrpr View Post
i am sold i want one please send me a link for the discount price so i can pay it right away $432.00 with map
Post in this thread that you want to get in on the group buy. Carlos from Eonon will put your name on the list. The price is $379 without the maps and approx $409 with the maps.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...001983&page=42

Tags
bluetooth, dvd, e46, navigation, touch screen