E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #21
Torok.Designs

My Ride: E46 Sedan
haha no worries everyone. I know many won't like it. And yes my car is pretty trashed right now as it is not finished. I'm getting a few more exterior pieces before I take it in to get a full respray.

As for the stretched tires they were just a test fit. If I keep these wheels and don't go wider then I'll go with meatier tires. Test and learn and then re-test with a more accurate decision.

Trim is missing because I found the OEM bumper for an unbeatable price and would like to get an aftermarket diffuser anyways. It just didn't come with the trim and stock diffuser. No big deal.

I created this thread because there was a good amount of interest in them and how they were installed so I do believe you will see more E46's with them popping up

Ya'll who have expressed your hate of my car can now move on with your lives now that you have done so and I hope you may turn out to like the outcome when I am done but if you don't I'm not too worried as I'm happy with the direction it is heading (not the current state it is in).

This thread is not meant to show off my car in whole. It is meant to give some who are interested an idea of how this DIY was done.

Have a nice day!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #22
Swater330i

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i 5MT
Just because it's a glamour shot in a nice empty field doesn't mean your car doesn't look like s*** or your flares aren't god-awfully ugly. Lol these people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureSubie View Post
IMO, the euro clear corners looks too aftermarket/ricey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davconelectric View Post
This 323 would most likely handle and drive better than a stock e46 m3.
Swater330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #23
nleksan

My Ride: 328Ci, 325i, 740i
Send a message via AIM to nleksan
Come on guys, I know that it's not to many people's tastes, but as much as I dislike it, I tried to be nice about it.

Let's have our fun, but instead of ridiculing people, see these as opportunities to educate. Doing the former means Internet Fight, and the person will simply not return because he or she will see us as a douchebag forum. The latter will extend an olive branch, welcoming them but offering assistance and guidance, which in turn will, over the long run, result in countless fewer "ruined" E46's.

I left the forum for years (look at my join date, vs post count) because of this attitude, and while I am glad to be back, and there are some very knowledgeable members who I greatly respect and or admire, there's obviously no way to prevent people who don't know anything about cars from trying to Pimp Their Bimmer, so would it not make more sense to educate than it does to denigrate?
Of course, some people simply do not possess the capacity for "taste", and the vast majority of teens will never listen or even acknowledge that some of us have literally taken apart and put back together these cars even multiple times and instead insist that they made a wise decision by spending hundreds on an intake (and the only other "mod" to the engine will be a fart can 4" muffler).

Still, it's worth at least trying...

- DPE - Apex - BBS - PFC 6/4 2pc BBK - KW Clubsport - PowerFlex -
- M-Tech - Rogue Engineering - Ground Control - Odyssey -
- Hotchkis - AFE - UUC - AKG - Dinan - VAC - TC Kline -
- TMS - OS Giken - SuperSprint - Vorsteiner - Recaro - Samco - Fluidyne - MORE! -
GARAGE:
- 2000 328Ci Topaz 6MT-Swap ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/HID/HK (Street/Track)
- 2001 325i TiAg 5MT/ZSP/ZCW (Street)
- 2006 M3 ZCP AW/IR 6MT/ZCP/HID (Street)
nleksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #24
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46

Haha

Last edited by Sedan Hussein; 01-19-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #25
Swater330i

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post
Come on guys, I know that it's not to many people's tastes, but as much as I dislike it, I tried to be nice about it.

Let's have our fun, but instead of ridiculing people, see these as opportunities to educate. Doing the former means Internet Fight, and the person will simply not return because he or she will see us as a douchebag forum. The latter will extend an olive branch, welcoming them but offering assistance and guidance, which in turn will, over the long run, result in countless fewer "ruined" E46's.

I left the forum for years (look at my join date, vs post count) because of this attitude, and while I am glad to be back, and there are some very knowledgeable members who I greatly respect and or admire, there's obviously no way to prevent people who don't know anything about cars from trying to Pimp Their Bimmer, so would it not make more sense to educate than it does to denigrate?
Of course, some people simply do not possess the capacity for "taste", and the vast majority of teens will never listen or even acknowledge that some of us have literally taken apart and put back together these cars even multiple times and instead insist that they made a wise decision by spending hundreds on an intake (and the only other "mod" to the engine will be a fart can 4" muffler).

Yeah well often in those threads the people like mjpgolf who actually try to sway people away from bad financial and safety decisions are the ones that are called the dicks of the forum because they don't say yes to everything the 16 year old OP wants. So the capacity to help is rather minimal to begin with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureSubie View Post
IMO, the euro clear corners looks too aftermarket/ricey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davconelectric View Post
This 323 would most likely handle and drive better than a stock e46 m3.

Last edited by Swater330i; 01-19-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Swater330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:48 PM   #26
generalvp

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP
Nice wheel umbrella! I wonder who are those who asked the OP to share his riced-out creation?
generalvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:08 PM   #27
Torok.Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post

Some maturity here which is nice The thing is that taste varies from person to person. There aren't any set rules as to what is tasteful to everyone and that is good because if there was then there wouldn't be much creativity.

Everyone who doesn't like it, that's fine. You aren't going to change my mind however. And yes I can take the negative comments without it bothering me. It would just be nice that if you do not like it then there is no need to comment further after stating the fact.

I will not name any names of who is interested as I do not know if they can handle the internet hate or just do not want to, but we will see if they decide to go through with it or not.

Relax everyone
Old 01-19-2014, 11:17 PM   #28
Torok.Designs

Some pictures of Chelsea Denofa's car with the flares. Maybe these will give some of you a better view on them. Maybe not. No big deal haha.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:24 PM   #29
Torok.Designs

And some others on another sedan

Old 01-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #30
Team_Persia

My Ride: '05 ZHP 'Vert - SOLD
Do you want rust? because that's how you get rust.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:18 AM   #31
Torok.Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Persia View Post
Do you want rust? because that's how you get rust.
All holes and exposed metal was taken care of with sealer and coating.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:22 AM   #32
VishTheFish

My Ride: Ex M54B30 ZHP
My penis just inverted back inside my body.

** Removed - Tim330i **
VishTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:29 AM   #33
fth001

My Ride: 325i, e36m3, s13
Needs mud flaps.
fth001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:38 AM   #34
Avetiso

My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6MT
I think the flares stick out too much, but other than that, it looks alright. So long as it serves a purpose.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 01-20-2014, 02:36 AM   #35
inlinesicks

My Ride: E46, Jeep, Subaru
Old 01-20-2014, 03:49 AM   #36
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Sorry man

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #37
Cavi Mike
Banned User

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Send a message via AIM to Cavi Mike Send a message via MSN to Cavi Mike Send a message via Yahoo to Cavi Mike
Why did you put such wide flares on there with such small wheels? You're not even close to filling those flares.
Cavi Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:32 AM   #38
Torok.Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavi Mike View Post
Why did you put such wide flares on there with such small wheels? You're not even close to filling those flares.
The 18x10's were a test fit. I'll get some 20mm spacers for the rear and 5mm for the front for now while I pay for painting the car. Then I'll get wider wheels.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:50 AM   #39
Greenmonster138

My Ride: 99 323i?
OP, don't let all the pissers get to you. I can't wait to see the finished product. Some people just like to trash anything they can over a keyboard. I too might join the haters. Going to be looking into them.
Greenmonster138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #40
Dazza335iC

My Ride: '02 330Ci, '92 335iC
Dazza335iC is offline   Reply With Quote