E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #61
Torok.Designs

My Ride: E46 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
I like OP. I hate his taste, but I like his attitude.
haha thanks man. Maybe you'll end up liking it when it's done though.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #62
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Excellent.

He reminds me of Teddy. He got lots of **** for doing things like welding the diff in a 325 automatic, but he didn't respond to haters in a bad manner. Nobody gives him **** anymore because he's doing whatever he wants, posts it, and doesn't give a **** about the people who disagree.

Common Sense is officially dead.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #63
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Ya OP you seem to be a nice kid, and if you like it, so be it. But those things are god awful. They look so out of place and depressing. its not a fender flare, its a fender awning.

Good attitude to have, you will definitely continue to get sh*t for those lol.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #64
YYCZHP

My Ride: 2005 330ci zhp
good craftsmanship, but you went a little overkill imo.
5% tint all around - Tinted Tail Lights - Muffler Delete -Asa Ar1 - CF CS Splitters - 6000k Predator Orion v2 Angel Eyes - 8500k DRL - Aux Input - Racing Dynamics CF Intake - Racing Dynamics Front & Rear Strut Brace - Schroth Quick Fit Harnesses - Cf Style BMW Harness Pads - Cf ACS Trunk Lip - Cf Engine Covers - Cf Roundels - Cf Hamann Fog Light Covers - Lower Spring Perches - ECS Tow Hook
YYCZHP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #65
Swater330i

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i 5MT
Quote:
Excellent.

He reminds me of Teddy. He got lots of **** for doing things like welding the diff in a 325 automatic, but he didn't respond to haters in a bad manner. Nobody gives him **** anymore because he's doing whatever he wants, posts it, and doesn't give a **** about the people who disagree.
Meh...he did a manual swap either way. Plus teddy is a pretty freaking cool guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureSubie View Post
IMO, the euro clear corners looks too aftermarket/ricey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davconelectric View Post
This 323 would most likely handle and drive better than a stock e46 m3.
Swater330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #66
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torok.Designs View Post
I have been asked by a few people about why I had my fender flares installed.
Fixed for you, OP.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #67
MR_Se7en

My Ride: Tiag 328i
I have enjoyed watching your car change, but this for me is a turning point. Its not you its me. I dont think we can go on, Im sorry, but I dont think i can see you any more.

HAHAHA jk. But really I want to see how this all comes together. On another note...

Quote:
As for the stretched tires they were just a test fit. If I keep these wheels and don't go wider then I'll go with meatier tires. Test and learn and then re-test with a more accurate decision.
I would have thought that one could measure everything out first and then order the parts.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:25 PM   #68
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i ZSP,05 745LI
OP it seams as though you've gotten in over your head financially with this one. You should've waited to do this project until you were in a position to do it right, if there is such a thing. I commend you for your attitude towards us that don't approve. Next time don't start something until you can afford to finish it. Especially if you have to daily drive the car.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #69
Torok.Designs

Quote:
Excellent.

Let's hope so when they realize I will continue to do what I want and not what they want

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
Ya OP you seem to be a nice kid, and if you like it, so be it. But those things are god awful. They look so out of place and depressing. its not a fender flare, its a fender awning.

Good attitude to have, you will definitely continue to get sh*t for those lol.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_Se7en View Post
I have enjoyed watching your car change, but this for me is a turning point. Its not you its me. I dont think we can go on, Im sorry, but I dont think i can see you any more.

HAHAHA jk. But really I want to see how this all comes together. On another note...

I would have thought that one could measure everything out first and then order the parts.
Thank you. Yes we shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
OP it seams as though you've gotten in over your head financially with this one. You should've waited to do this project until you were in a position to do it right, if there is such a thing. I commend you for your attitude towards us that don't approve. Next time don't start something until you can afford to finish it. Especially if you have to daily drive the car.

That is another point everyone might be missing. I do not daily my car for one reason. I go to college in a different and do not bring my car with me. The majority of the year my car sits at home and gets driven around the block to keep it in shape waiting for me to come home for breaks. Christmas break was when I did the majority of the modding. Now I'm back at college and it's sitting at home, half finished sure, but not being driven around as a daily.

Last edited by Torok.Designs; 01-20-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Torok.Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #70
bowman318

My Ride: bmw
Yoo I got wing mirrors witch only have 3 wires coming from them red White n black dose anyone know witch ones from a bmw 318 ci e46 connected to them ?? Iv got 6 pin and 2 pin block and the wires have been riped out the mirrors im replacing

bowman318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #71
FrodoTBaggin

My Ride: 2004 325i
What's that Kanye?

Last edited by FrodoTBaggin; 01-20-2014 at 05:48 PM.
FrodoTBaggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #72
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i ZSP,05 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowman318 View Post
Yoo I got wing mirrors witch only have 3 wires coming from them red White n black dose anyone know witch ones from a bmw 318 ci e46 connected to them ?? Iv got 6 pin and 2 pin block and the wires have been riped out the mirrors im replacing

How about you head back to school and learn how to spell, pronounce words, and speak like a normal human being and then come back here asking for help. Dear god people are something else.

mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #73
BlazingWildBill

My Ride: Ferg 328Ci
Quote:

Is it the new double wing mirror?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1390262594156.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	543264  
Old 01-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #74
bowman318

No there not bmw . M3 look a like with a black red and white wires coming from them thy only move directional ther not heated or folding . So im just trying to figure out witch colour wires control the direction so I can disregard the rest

Old 01-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #75
bowman318

Il make sure I do that in my next life cheers for u confidence in me

Old 01-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #76
Torok.Designs

Quote:
No there (they're) not bmw . M3 look a like (look-alike) with a black red and white wires coming from them thy only move directional there (they're) not heated or folding . So im just trying to figure out witch (which) colour wires control the direction so I can disregard the rest

Please don't take offense, I just thought the corrections might help you. Where are you from? There are more corrections needed in there but I'm not sure if they are just rushed rather than wrong.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #77
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torok.Designs View Post
Please don't take offense, I just thought the corrections might help you. Where are you from? There are more corrections needed in there but I'm not sure if they are just rushed rather than wrong.
Trust me there are many more corrections needed in your car than in his vocabulary.

Please don't take offense.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #78
Torok.Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
Trust me there are many more corrections needed in your car than in his vocabulary.

Please don't take offense.
None taken.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #79
bowman318

Uk lads I drive manual haha thats how we roll

Old 01-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #80
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Lol. OP is getting a college education. I'm not worried about him. If his one fault is **** taste in car mods, then he's doing pretty well.

Common Sense is officially dead.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote