E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
Ft1219

My Ride: BMW?
EU2 tune/flash

Is there anyone in the NC area that can EU2 flash my car? (I'm running BB Catless headers) I know there are many threads on how to DIY but I'm just not feeling comfortable/confident doing it. Can anyone help me out?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Hellrot/ 3.64/ MTech II/ Bimmerbrakes Headers/ Highline Tuning Exhaust/ Active Autowerke Software/ TMS Pulleys/ BMW SSK/ Powerflex bushings/ DNA Rear Adjustable Control Arms/ Apex Wheels/ Apex Studs/ H&R Cup kit/ UUC Mounts/ Sparco Seats/ Macht Schnell Brackets/ BLOX Lug Nuts/ Pirelli P Zero
Ft1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:44 AM   #2
Snipez4664

My Ride: '00 328i
not trying to hijack the thread, but if someone in the mid atlantic area able to do this, i'm looking for the same thing. thanks
Old 01-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
Ft1219

Got it tuned by CESmotorsports in Charlotte. Problem solved

Hellrot/ 3.64/ MTech II/ Bimmerbrakes Headers/ Highline Tuning Exhaust/ Active Autowerke Software/ TMS Pulleys/ BMW SSK/ Powerflex bushings/ DNA Rear Adjustable Control Arms/ Apex Wheels/ Apex Studs/ H&R Cup kit/ UUC Mounts/ Sparco Seats/ Macht Schnell Brackets/ BLOX Lug Nuts/ Pirelli P Zero
Old 01-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
How much?

Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #5
///Mvious

My Ride: E46 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedan hussein View Post
how much?
+1
Old 01-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
Ft1219

$704.10.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #7
trentcdrums

My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
^ Lol, absolute fail. EU2 tune isn't even $50...

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #8
Ft1219

It was a AA tune with rear o2 sensor delete! Dumbass

Old 01-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #9
trentcdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft1219 View Post
It was a AA tune with rear o2 sensor delete! Dumbass

Congratz, fix your title den dumaz

Old 01-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #10
Ft1219

Go on somewhere.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:34 AM   #11
Snipez4664

pretty expensive, but to be fair there are only a few power mods on e46 non-ms before going FI, and a proper tune can make the power delivery better in many areas, not just power. Do you feel a difference? did they happen to give you a before and after dyno? i assume for $704 it was a custom dyno tune?
Old 02-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #12
vlcmstnsct

My Ride: 2002 E46 330i
I am in Christiansburg, VA...I flashed my personal vehicle with EU2 and would be willing to do someone else's as well as update any modules on the car. 2.5 hours from Charlotte, NC.

VIR Oktoberfast 2013
vlcmstnsct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #13
trentcdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlcmstnsct View Post
I am in Christiansburg, VA...I flashed my personal vehicle with EU2 and would be willing to do someone else's as well as update any modules on the car. 2.5 hours from Charlotte, NC.
Are you constantly using 93? Or lower. I usually use 89 every fill up.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #14
Ft1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcdrums View Post

Why would you run 89? BMW recommends premium for a reason.. I use 93 every time I fill up

Old 02-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #15
trentcdrums

I never felt a difference with 93 vs 89.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:36 AM   #16
vlcmstnsct

My Ride: 2002 E46 330i
Quote:

I have never put anything but 93 octane in my BMW; our cars were designed for high octane as they are performance oriented. A lot of people do NOT know/understand running a lower octane fuel than that which is required by BMW and other makers (perhaps in an effort to save $) is saving you very little money, nothing at all, or even possibly costing you more. BMW literally designs all of their motors to run on 91 octane. Fact.

The lower octane fuel burns faster and is more prone to detonation and thus detonation will occur (knocking). The DME (ECU), senses the knocking and starts pulling timing and dumping fuel to prevent further knocking = LOSS OF POWER AND FUEL EFFICIENCY. As time progresses, the DME will learn and adjust the different values to run optimally on the low octane gasoline BUT still at a loss of power/MPG. Are there big losses?..NO. If your E46 is N/A (naturally aspirated) you shouldn't lose but maybe a few ponies definitely <10 BUT if you've got F/I (forced induction) than you'd see larger losses. There are other factors (ambient temp, driving habits, etc.) which would increase/decrease knocking associated with using lower octane fuel and therefore also affect losses.

If your driving a BMW, with almost complete certainty I can tell you lower octane fuel is not going to hurt your motor or anything else...except your ego when you get spanked by a Prius (kidding). BMW's have really good knock sensors/DME/software and the DME has the ability to completely adjust what it needs to, to run optimally. This is not the case for all car manufacturers. Example: some GM vehicles can not fully adjust the fuel and ignition timing to completely stop detonation from crap gasoline and though it's minimal, it'll slowly destroy the motor.

VIR Oktoberfast 2013
vlcmstnsct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:18 AM   #17
trentcdrums

Quote:
I have never put anything but 93 octane in my BMW; our cars were designed for high octane as they are performance oriented. A lot of people do NOT know/understand running a lower octane fuel than that which is required by BMW and other makers (perhaps in an effort to save $) is saving you very little money, nothing at all, or even possibly costing you more. BMW literally designs all of their motors to run on 91 octane. Fact.

The lower octane fuel burns faster and is more prone to detonation and thus detonation will occur (knocking). The DME (ECU), senses the knocking and starts pulling timing and dumping fuel to prevent further knocking = LOSS OF POWER AND FUEL EFFICIENCY. As time progresses, the DME will learn and adjust the different values to run optimally on the low octane gasoline BUT still at a loss of power/MPG. Are there big losses?..NO. If your E46 is N/A (naturally aspirated) you shouldn't lose but maybe a few ponies definitely <10 BUT if you've got F/I (forced induction) than you'd see larger losses. There are other factors (ambient temp, driving habits, etc.) which would increase/decrease knocking associated with using lower octane fuel and therefore also affect losses.

If your driving a BMW, with almost complete certainty I can tell you lower octane fuel is not going to hurt your motor or anything else...except your ego when you get spanked by a Prius (kidding). BMW's have really good knock sensors/DME/software and the DME has the ability to completely adjust what it needs to, to run optimally. This is not the case for all car manufacturers. Example: some GM vehicles can not fully adjust the fuel and ignition timing to completely stop detonation from crap gasoline and though it's minimal, it'll slowly destroy the motor.
Interesting.. I've got some change to come

Old 02-06-2014, 05:33 AM   #18
peytonracer4
:D

Quote:
I never felt a difference with 93 vs 89.

It's not about "feeling" a difference. It's better for your engine. You wouldn't "feel" a difference if you put vegetable oil in your engine instead of motor oil. But I'm willing to bet we both know that your engine would definitely be worse because of it.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:48 AM   #19
///Mvious

My Ride: E46 330
Quote:
I might have to take you up on this in the Spring...I'm running headers and removed the SAP...I'm assuming there is little to no risk of it not running or running right?...of course I'd be driving it there and would like to drive it back

Last edited by ///Mvious; 02-06-2014 at 05:50 AM.
///Mvious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #20
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA
Just keep in mind that an ecu brick can happen. in this case its not very likely your driving it back

daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote