E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #21
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlcmstnsct View Post
I am in Christiansburg, VA...I flashed my personal vehicle with EU2 and would be willing to do someone else's as well as update any modules on the car. 2.5 hours from Charlotte, NC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBbimmer View Post
I might have to take you up on this in the Spring...I'm running headers and removed the SAP...I'm assuming there is little to no risk of it not running or running right?...of course I'd be driving it there and would like to drive it back
Road trip. Looking to install my headers in the near future and I'd be interested as well.

Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:44 PM   #22
vlcmstnsct

My Ride: 2002 E46 330i
Yeah, as long as you keep a battery charger hooked up to the car while your flashing the chances of bricking your DME are slim to none. I used to flash my WRX all the time and never used a battery tender or anything but I was also younger then..lol.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

VIR Oktoberfast 2013
vlcmstnsct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #23
vlcmstnsct

My Ride: 2002 E46 330i
BTW 700$ is fing ridiculous

VIR Oktoberfast 2013
vlcmstnsct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #24
Ft1219

My Ride: BMW?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlcmstnsct View Post
BTW 700$ is fing ridiculous

I got a lot more than what the EU2 flash would offer, that was also 8 dyno pulls, fuel to air readings and Actives software for headers, no cats, and a few other goodies. I got what I paid for.. And I gained 14hp from the tune as results to a recent dyno after two weeks of letting the computer do all it's adapting since I don't drive it that much. So no.. It's not ridiculous at all.

Hellrot/ 3.64/ MTech II/ Bimmerbrakes Headers/ Highline Tuning Exhaust/ Active Autowerke Software/ TMS Pulleys/ BMW SSK/ Powerflex bushings/ DNA Rear Adjustable Control Arms/ Apex Wheels/ Apex Studs/ H&R Cup kit/ UUC Mounts/ Sparco Seats/ Macht Schnell Brackets/ BLOX Lug Nuts/ Pirelli P Zero
Ft1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:51 PM   #25
trentcdrums

My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
14hp... Lol

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #26
Ft1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcdrums View Post
14hp... Lol

Do you know how hard it is to get any power out of these motors without spending money? With out Forced induction? Supercharger would cost 6000, gives you about 120hp, that's 1 horse power per $50.. If that. So $700 for 14hp and 20lbs of torque, no more check engine light, dyno pulls, higher rpm range, no speed limiter.. I think it's well worth the money... But I guess it's funny as well.

Hellrot/ 3.64/ MTech II/ Bimmerbrakes Headers/ Highline Tuning Exhaust/ Active Autowerke Software/ TMS Pulleys/ BMW SSK/ Powerflex bushings/ DNA Rear Adjustable Control Arms/ Apex Wheels/ Apex Studs/ H&R Cup kit/ UUC Mounts/ Sparco Seats/ Macht Schnell Brackets/ BLOX Lug Nuts/ Pirelli P Zero
Old 02-21-2014, 10:23 PM   #27
Notanotherm3

My Ride: e46 M3, 05 Wrx
That's ridiculously expensive. I paid 0 doll hairs to make 600 in my scooby using rom raider.(minus the 13k to make it possible) I personally think anything over 500 is too much. But who ever can charge that and get people to pay it. I will sit in the dark and applaud them.

Notanotherm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:05 AM   #28
Ft1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanotherm3 View Post
That's ridiculously expensive. I paid 0 doll hairs to make 600 in my scooby using rom raider.(minus the 13k to make it possible) I personally think anything over 500 is too much. But who ever can charge that and get people to pay it. I will sit in the dark and applaud them.

The tune was $500, dyno pulls was $60, install was $100 rest was tax.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:55 AM   #29
trentcdrums

My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Get headers. Deff gained over 14 hp.

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:17 AM   #30
Ft1219

Quote:

I have headers... Therefore the point of the tune.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:19 AM   #31
Ft1219

Quote:

You obviously didn't read the thread

Old 02-22-2014, 01:27 AM   #32
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA
Quote:

If so, you could easily prove that claim?

daniel_f. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:34 AM   #33
Ft1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_f. View Post
If so, you could easily prove that claim?
I could... I have dynos to prove so. 19hp from headers, 14hp from the AA Tune.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:27 AM   #34
Notanotherm3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft1219 View Post
The tune was $500, dyno pulls was $60, install was $100 rest was tax.

From what I've seen usually the tune and dyno pulls are included but. It's all good.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #35
vman88888

My Ride: 2001 330Ci 5MT
Don't shark injectors do basically the same thing for like 300 bucks? along with headers throw on eu2 (just need winkfp, cable and "sp daten" files) to get rid of CEL and your good to go. Gains will be around the same as AA as well along with rev increase and top speed limiter plus its super easy.

I did eu2 on my car it took 15-20 mins very easy didn't even use a charger. also reset adaptations so the dme will learn from me now

This^= Yes!

01 TiAg 330ci 5MT: LOTS of Maintenance - EU2 Flash - Ebay Headers - SAP and CDV delete - Golf Tee Mod - Sport Edition SE-16 Rims - AVIN Avant2 Navigation Unit - K&N Drop-in Filter - M-stitched leather boots - 15% tint - LED Angel Eyes
(On its way) ESS VT1 108-72U S/C Kit

2001 TiAg 330xi 5MT - totaled 12/18/13 @140500
2001 TiAg 330ci 5MT - new DD 2/20/14 @134000

I flash DME's.
vman88888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #36
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft1219 View Post
I could... I have dynos to prove so. 19hp from headers, 14hp from the AA Tune.

So please upload to verify. thanks

daniel_f. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:27 AM   #37
Ft1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman88888 View Post
Don't shark injectors do basically the same thing for like 300 bucks? along with headers throw on eu2 (just need winkfp, cable and "sp daten" files) to get rid of CEL and your good to go. Gains will be around the same as AA as well along with rev increase and top speed limiter plus its super easy.

I did eu2 on my car it took 15-20 mins very easy didn't even use a charger. also reset adaptations so the dme will learn from me now
That's awesome! Yea the shark injector will give you performance gains, but unless you have a m3 you can't choose an option for headers. AA Adjusts the fuel to air ratios to compensate for the headers. As we were working with AA real time from the dyno, saying what they needed to adjust on the tune compared to the results we where getting. So if you have a dyno, the AA software to flash, and AA on the phone, you can get a much better tune.

Last edited by Ft1219; 02-22-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #38
Ft1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanotherm3 View Post
From what I've seen usually the tune and dyno pulls are included but. It's all good.

So if you call Active and order a tune for you to install in your garage... They can dyno a car for you too?? You have a dyno? I've never heard of a tune coming with a dyno.. You always have to pay for dyno time. You pay for the time it takes to tune plus time on the dyno. That's every performance shop/race shop I've ever been too and worked in. Apparently there is a lot of clueless people on this form.

Last edited by Ft1219; 02-22-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:24 PM   #39
Notanotherm3

Apparently you have no idea who I am or what I know. Some shops I know of and have worked for charge dyno time in the tune. But then again I can tune my own vehicles and I use road tuning which I do not have to have corrections from being in a closed environment. I use real time tuning thanks for trying to make me look stupid. Have a good one.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #40
330i4me

My Ride: 01 330i
To spend that little on dyno tuning is well worth it !!!! My buddy went to get his FFR Cobra tuned on the dyno and it was over $1000, he picked up 120hp over the baseline run and ended up with 652rwhp !! 2300 lbs very scary (: Horsepower costs $$$$$$$ no matter what.
330i4me is offline   Reply With Quote