E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 10:00 AM   #21
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
It's true. Can anyone see McCain or Romney or Gingrich or whoever the Republicans wanted to win accomplishing the same?
The two people I voted for would have, Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. I guess I just support more freedom than you do.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:17 AM   #22
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
The two people I voted for would have, Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. I guess I just support more freedom than you do.
You should have voted for Jesus.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #23
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
You should have voted for Jesus.
How many times do I have to explain to you that I am not religious?
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #24
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
How many times do I have to explain to you that I am not religious?
I didn't imply you were. Relax. What's your deal?

EDIT: If you keep going at that rate, I feel like you'll pull a Chase.
__________________

Last edited by 'busa; 01-30-2014 at 10:26 AM.
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:25 AM   #25
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
The point flew over your head like an f-16.


Again.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #26
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian
 
Marshmallow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Joisey, Mid MI
Posts: 2,012
My Ride: E46, E30, Quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
The point flew over your head like an f-16.


Again.
And this coming from a lib.
__________________


2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"
1990 Audi 90 Quattro Sport 20v "Chloe"

Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #27
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
And this coming from a lib.
You wouldn't recognize a lib if one slapped you in the vag.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:23 AM   #28
AudiEtr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 489
My Ride: 330i
^^^back on topic guys, don't you have enough arguing threads?

@bagher...Awesome find. I love those old "warning" posters.
I almost bought the refer madness one but was out bid.
It went for $1300 I believe.

I would think companies like P&G or Sunoco would want to take advantage of this now usable resorce to its max potential.
__________________

Last edited by AudiEtr; 01-31-2014 at 06:28 AM.
AudiEtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:34 AM   #29
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiEtr View Post
^^^back on topic guys, don't you have enough arguing threads?

@bagher...Awesome find. I love those old "warning" posters.
I almost bought the refer madness one but was out bid.
It went for $1300 I believe.

I would think companies like P&G or Sunoco would want to take advantage of this now usable resorce to its max potential.
Yeah, it's kind of crazy when you think about it now. Imagine how many lives were ruined because of the vilification of an almost harmless weed.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:40 AM   #30
Gus330vrum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,347
My Ride: 330ci
Sent from my LGMS500 using BimmerApp mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1391175655039.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	544834  
Gus330vrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:36 PM   #31
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
http://reason.com/blog/2014/01/31/ob...t-read-the-con
Quote:
Obama, Who Evidently Has Not Read the Controlled Substances Act, Denies That He Has the Power to Reclassify Marijuana

In an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper that aired last night, President Obama tried to dodge responsibility for eliminating the contradiction between his recent comments about marijuana and its classification as a Schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act:

Tapper: You said that smoking pot was a bad habit but you didn't think it was any worse for a person than drinking. Now that contradicts the official Obama administration policy, both on the website of the Office of National Drug Control Policy and also the fact that marijuana is considered a Schedule I narcotic, along with heroin and Ecstasy. Now do you think you were maybe talking just a little too casually about it with Remnick in The New Yorker, or are you considering not making marijuana a Schedule I narcotic?

Obama: Well, first of all, what is and isn't a Schedule I narcotic is a job for Congress.

Tapper: I think it's the DEA that decides that.

Obama: It's not something by ourselves that we start changing. No, there are laws undergirding those determinations.

Tapper: Would you support that move?

Instead of answering that question, Obama started talking about a "public health" approach to marijuana (a subject I plan to address in another post). But notice that Obama at first denied that the executive branch has the power to reschedule drugs, saying "what is and isn't a Schedule I narcotic is a job for Congress." As Tapper pointed out, that's not true. While Congress can amend the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) to increase or reduce restrictions on particular drugs, the statute also gives that power to the attorney general, who has delegated it to the Drug Enforcement Administration (a division of the Justice Department). In fact, the DEA has repeatedly rejected petitions to reschedule marijuana, most recently in 2011. I forget: Who was president then?

Apparently Obama forgot too. Obama often speaks as if he is an outside observer of his own administration-condemning excessively long prison sentences while hardly ever using his clemency power to shorten them, sounding the alarm about his own abuses of executive power in the name of fighting terrorism, worrying about the threat to privacy posed by surveillance programs he authorized. Now here he is, trying to distance himself from his own administration's refusal to reclassify marijuana.

When Tapper blocked that evasive maneuver, Obama tried another one. "There are laws undergirding those determinations," he said, implying that the language of the CSA somehow dictates that marijuana remain on Schedule I. These are the statutory criteria for drugs in that category:

(A) The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.

(B) The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.

(C) There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

The DEA argues that marijuana satisfies the first criterion because people like to consume it for nonmedical purposes, which according to the DEA qualifies as abuse. It's illegal, after all. According to that definition of abuse, prohibition justifies itself, which hardly seems fair. A more reasonable view defines abuse as harmful, excessive, or problematic use. Regardless of which definition you prefer, it is hard to see in what meaningful sense marijuana has a higher abuse potential than, say, the barbiturates and benzodiazepines on Schedule III. According to the DEA, even dronabinol has a lower abuse potential than marijuana. What is dronabinol? A synthetic version of THC-the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

The DEA says marijuana meets the second criterion-no currently accepted medical use-not because the drug is ineffective at treating symptoms such as nausea, pain, and muscle spasms (in fact, the Obama administration concedes the medical utility of cannabinoids) but because such uses have not gained wide enough acceptance within the medical community. Given the subjectivity of that judgment, it amounts to saying that marijuana has no accepted medical use because the DEA deems medical use of marijuana unaccceptable. The agency likewise does not accept that marijuana can be used safely, although it obviously can, as Obama conceded when he observed that alcohol is more dangerous.

The DEA clearly is bending over backward to keep marijuana on Schedule I, and nothing in the CSA requires it to do that. It could easily apply the CSA's criteria in a way that would make marijuana less restricted, and the decision not to do so is ultimately Obama's. He is the one who appointed the current DEA administrator, a hardline holdover from the Bush administration who is so committed to prohibitionist orthodoxy that she recoils in horror at the thought of a hemp flag flying over the Capitol and could not restrain herself from openly criticizing Obama, notionally her boss, for his scientifically uncontroversial statement about the relative hazards of marijuana and alcohol. He is the one who, despite his avowed commitment to sound science and his own statements to the contrary, allows the DEA to insist marijuana is so dangerous that it must be more tightly restricted than cocaine, morphine, oxycodone, and methamphetamine.

"It's very unfortunate that President Obama appears to want to pass the buck to Congress when it comes to marijuana laws," says Tom Angell, chairman of Marijuana Majority. "If the president truly believes what he says about marijuana, he has a moral imperative to make the law match up with his views and the views of the majority of the American people without delay. He should initiate the long overdue rescheduling of marijuana today."
politician.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:56 AM   #32
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Meanwhile, bust up into a weed shop in CO and buy a quarter.

Legally.





Because Obama.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #33
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Meanwhile, bust up into a weed shop in CO and buy a quarter.

Legally.

Because Obama.
Why not change the classification then? Sounds like someone is half-steppin
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #34
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Why didn't this happen when BushCo was in office?
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #35
buguyed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 199
My Ride: '02 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Yeah, it's kind of crazy when you think about it now. Imagine how many lives were ruined because of the vilification of an almost harmless weed.
Weed you can buy now is a little more than harmless. Many different strains and chemicals added. A lot of types that can really cause long term damage to your brain when used frequently. Weed 20 years ago, maybe harmless.

Never understood why you can buy the synthetic weed tho. That stuff is harmful!! Stories on the news weekly about horrible side affects.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2004 E53 3.0i - TiAG
2002 E46 330i - TiAG
1999 E46 328i - Sold
1961 VW Beetle - Ragtop Sedan
buguyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #36
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Why didn't this happen when BushCo was in office?
Relevance?
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #37
buguyed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 199
My Ride: '02 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Relevance?
Few things liberals never let go of, blaming bush and their gov't issued obama prayer mat.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2004 E53 3.0i - TiAG
2002 E46 330i - TiAG
1999 E46 328i - Sold
1961 VW Beetle - Ragtop Sedan
buguyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #38
AudiEtr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 489
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by buguyed View Post
Weed you can buy now is a little more than harmless. Many different strains and chemicals added. A lot of types that can really cause long term damage to your brain when used frequently. Weed 20 years ago, maybe harmless.

Never understood why you can buy the synthetic weed tho. That stuff is harmful!! Stories on the news weekly about horrible side affects.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Do you have facts supporting this brain damage it causes? Because there are many studies done on how marijuana can actually help prevent some types of brain and lung cancer.

The synthetic weed is being outlawed in just about every state as we speak. It took a little while before it could be regulated.
__________________

Last edited by AudiEtr; 02-01-2014 at 11:05 AM.
AudiEtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #39
buguyed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 199
My Ride: '02 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiEtr View Post
Do you have facts supporting this brain damage it causes? Because there are many studies done on how marijuana can actually help prevent some types of brain and lung cancer.

The synthetic weed is being outlawed in just about every state as we speak. It took a little while before it could be regulated.
You've obviously never talked to a stoner. I would consider that brain damage.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2004 E53 3.0i - TiAG
2002 E46 330i - TiAG
1999 E46 328i - Sold
1961 VW Beetle - Ragtop Sedan
buguyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #40
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Relevance?


Weed is legalized during Democratic President's term, but not a Republican President's term.

No relevance whatsoever. It's just another huge rightwing conservative coincidence.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use