E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 12:13 AM   #61
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cornwallis had his final ass kicking
Posts: 4,892
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post



Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick View Post

Had to turn off the TV... Fox was making more sense than anyone else.

The rest of the world must be laughing at us now. It is so bad slipping to third world status...
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #62
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Figures that this guy was Ron Paul's economic adviser.

__________________

Last edited by 'busa; 01-30-2014 at 09:26 AM.
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #63
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 820
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gggunchi View Post
Yeah. Germany is awesome. Easily the best large country in Europe.
Jealous. I may shoot you a PM, if you don't mind, about how you went about obtaining a job overseas. My wife and I have always wanted to live/work abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
No, you're just like a naive, young kid that doesn't know any better.




Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Baxxxxter!
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:59 AM   #64
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Figures that this guy was Ron Paul's economic adviser.
yeah he's so dumb, like when he predicted the real estate bubble years before it happened and everyone laughed at him.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:18 AM   #65
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
yeah he's so dumb, like when he predicted the real estate bubble years before it happened and everyone laughed at him.
He made more predictions than Nostradamus and got fewer of them right. So he's on camera being right once. Big whoop.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #66
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 820
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
yeah he's so dumb, like when he predicted the real estate bubble years before it happened and everyone laughed at him.
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #67
Lair
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
yeah he's so dumb, like when he predicted the real estate bubble years before it happened and everyone laughed at him.
BFD

Everybody with a brain saw it coming.

James Bovard predicted the real estate bubble when Dubya signed his idiotic "American Dream Downpayment Assistance Act" into law - and nailed it.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.

Last edited by Lair; 01-30-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #68
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.
ok, I'll just stick to Paul Krugman then
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:47 AM   #69
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
And also, who cares if she thinks that mentally retarded are worth $2 an hour. In my opinion I'm surprised that Walmart even pity hires them because let's be honest here. They cannot work. It's nice that companies hire them and charities exist, but they cannot produce the same amount as a non-handicapped person.
IF it wasn't for walmart, they wouldn't have a job period, but libs don't care about that....they just like to spout off agendas, and who cares if it costs the mentally retarded people their jobs.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #70
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
IF it wasn't for walmart, they wouldn't have a job period, but libs don't care about that....they just like to spout off agendas, and who cares if it costs the mentally retarded people their jobs.
If it wasn't for low wage workers, would there be a Wal-Mart?

But I'm glad you and Marshmallow are on the same page. He needs a mentor.
__________________

Last edited by 'busa; 01-30-2014 at 11:50 AM.
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #71
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 820
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
ok, I'll just stick to Paul Krugman then


He's close to the same. He has some good insights, but there is too much political tainting in his work.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #72
bagher
Registered User
 
bagher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 17,876
My Ride: Neocon outrage
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
IF it wasn't for walmart, they wouldn't have a job period, but libs don't care about that....they just like to spout off agendas, and who cares if it costs the mentally retarded people their jobs.
FACT: 100% of all mentally disabled workers only work at Walmart

Source: NFRs2000nyc
__________________
** Removed **
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #73
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Doesn't matter. All these clueless idiots can sleep well at night knowing that their minimum wage crusade has destroyed over 50% of the fast food jobs in the country.

__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #74
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 820
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Doesn't matter. All these clueless idiots can sleep well at night knowing that their minimum wage crusade has destroyed over 50% of the fast food jobs in the country.

Anything that results in fat people eating less fast food is a positive


__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #75
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
If it wasn't for low wage workers, would there be a Wal-Mart?

But I'm glad you and Marshmallow are on the same page. He needs a mentor.
You again demonstrate your lack of knowledge when it comes to paying employees. Walmart pays what it needs to pay to get the job done. If they couldn't hire anyone at minimum wage, they would be forced to raise their wages. If they can fully staff their stores with plenty of people applying for positions, they are paying a fair wage. If someone isn't happy with Walmart's pay or anything else, this is still a free country and they can go get a job elsewhere. What you also fail to realize (and admit) is...

1) There will always be low wage workers
2) Raising minimum wage artificially inflates costs, thus, raising the price of goods, thus, keeping the purchasing power the same despite a higher on paper paycheck
3) Eliminate jobs. Cheaper to pay 1 employee $11 an hour and give them 2x the work than having 2 employees at the current minimum wage.
4) Unfair for those that worked hard and have earned their raise

Im sure none of that matters to you, but loud noises. You just want to ignore facts and shout your point from the rooftops, hoping that if you scream long enough, it will start to make sense.

Ask the cashiers at home depot what they think of the self check out machines.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #76
bagher
Registered User
 
bagher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 17,876
My Ride: Neocon outrage
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
You again demonstrate your lack of knowledge when it comes to paying employees. Walmart pays what it needs to pay to get the job done. If they couldn't hire anyone at minimum wage, they would be forced to raise their wages. If they can fully staff their stores with plenty of people applying for positions, they are paying a fair wage. If someone isn't happy with Walmart's pay or anything else, this is still a free country and they can go get a job elsewhere. What you also fail to realize (and admit) is...

1) There will always be low wage workers
2) Raising minimum wage artificially inflates costs, thus, raising the price of goods, thus, keeping the purchasing power the same despite a higher on paper paycheck
3) Eliminate jobs. Cheaper to pay 1 employee $11 an hour and give them 2x the work than having 2 employees at the current minimum wage.
4) Unfair for those that worked hard and have earned their raise

Im sure none of that matters to you, but loud noises. You just want to ignore facts and shout your point from the rooftops, hoping that if you scream long enough, it will start to make sense.

Ask the cashiers at home depot what they think of the self check out machines.
people work for walmart because they have no choice - often it's the ONLY place to work in a small town because walmart drove away all the competition. now go read 'busa's post on econ101 and check your fallacies at the door.
__________________
** Removed **
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #77
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Anything that results in fat people eating less fast food is a positive


Crazy people gonna kill. Fat people gonna eat.

If anything, this automation will make it easier to order and get more fat without the shame. You'll be able to order in advance from your smartphone soon, just waltz in and pick it up. Chipotle already does it...I love coming in with a 2 mile long line going straight to the front and gettin ma grub.

BTW, heres a PSA for you peeps, Chipotle prioritizes internet orders over physical in store people waiting on line, so if you know your Chipotle is busy, order through your phone and get your food much faster.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:02 PM   #78
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagher View Post
people work for walmart because they have no choice - often it's the ONLY place to work in a small town because walmart drove away all the competition. now go read 'busa's post on econ101 and check your fallacies at the door.
There are very few towns where this is a problem. I realize you watched the walmart documentary a few times, but it's hardly an epidemic. You are also incorrect about having no choice. Last time I checked, this country has 50 states. Guess what....no jobs? MOVE to a place where there are plenty. Have you checked the pay for minimum wage jobs in North Dakota lately?

On a sidenote...walmart didn't drive out anyone...they opened a store, the PEOPLE of the town chose to shop there instead of supporting the mom and pop stores. I buy my Mobil 1 at walmart.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #79
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 820
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
1) There will always be low wage workers
2) Raising minimum wage artificially inflates costs, thus, raising the price of goods, thus, keeping the purchasing power the same despite a higher on paper paycheck
3) Eliminate jobs. Cheaper to pay 1 employee $11 an hour and give them 2x the work than having 2 employees at the current minimum wage.
4) Unfair for those that worked hard and have earned their raise
Agreed with #1 without a doubt.

#2 works in a vacuum with all other factors being held constant (ceteris paribus). It's not a 1:1 trade off unless EVERYONE is being paid the same in the sample size before and after the increase.

Agreed on #3, for the most part.

Totally agree with #4.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:05 PM   #80
bagher
Registered User
 
bagher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 17,876
My Ride: Neocon outrage
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
MOVE to a place where there are plenty.
cool. how do you move when you don't have money for a plane ticket, movers, gas for your car, etc etc?

poor people are so stupid!
__________________
** Removed **
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use