E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 02:27 AM   #1
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
random supplements question thread

inspired by the "random love line postings" in the love line subforum
since most threads are not threadworthy and having an ongoing consolidated general purpose thread gets more views and replies than making individual threads anyway

i'll kick it off with this

i forgot to take my whey protein and creatine to the gym today since i was running around all day for work stuff and then went to the gym as an afterthought
i did eat a meal post workout .. but forgot about the creatine

will taking the creatine later (like 3 hours after the workout and meal) still be beneficial to me? or am i better off just saving it for tomorrow?
any negative effects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:40 AM   #2
MitchM

My Ride: a slow piece of sh1t
You missed the 30 minute anabolic window, negative effects include loss of all muscle gains and in some serious cases death.... but seriously doesnt matter at all, just have it

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1412429_10201452546428622_989678193_o

Last edited by MitchM; 01-30-2014 at 02:41 AM.
MitchM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:57 AM   #3
bAby norAA

My Ride: 01 BMW 330i
creatine pre/post workout makes no difference. It builds to a constant level in your blood stream, it doesn't go to work when you take it. Just try to take it roughly the same time a day (every 24hrs) to keep blood levels the same

| VF Supercharged Stage 1.5| Southbend Stage 2 Clutch | ZHP Cams | Technik Headers |
bAby norAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:38 AM   #4
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

Ahhhhhh

Well my creatine was probably out of my system
Since I was sick and injured and took 5 days off ... I didn't take any creatine for 5 days

[bimmerapp]

Quote:

Old 01-31-2014, 12:38 AM   #5
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

Fish oil supplement
Which kind do you guys take?
Specific brand/model?

[bimmerapp]

Quote:

Old 01-31-2014, 12:58 AM   #6
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Vitamin shop brand, no burp

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:34 AM   #7
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

http://www.drugstore.com/gnc-fish-oi...8?catid=183249

gonna try fish oil supp for the first time

Quote:

Old 04-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #8
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
^ That's a lot of money for standard strength omega-3. You need 2-3 grams of Omega-3 per day as per FDA, so you'll need to take at least 6 softgels daily.

Instead, try puritan's pride brand. They have double strength omega-3 softgels (768 mg), so you only need 3 softgels per day. I bought 10 bottles of 90 softgels for about $50 shipped couple of months ago.

Also, regarding your question about creatine, it doesn't have anything to do with training window. Just get it in daily at your convenience. Same with fish oils.

Sapphire Black MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #9
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
does anyone here not take a single supplement like myself? I used to take a multi / fish oil / vitamin D supplement but I stopped. No creatine / whey / casein either.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #10
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
does anyone here not take a single supplement like myself? I used to take a multi / fish oil / vitamin D supplement but I stopped. No creatine / whey / casein either.
Maybe 2-3 times a week I take whey. If I remember I'll pop some fish oil but nothing else really. I think about it but it's more laziness than anything.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #11
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
I don't take anything, stopped taking Creatine about 3 months ago.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #12
SeanC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I can understand not taking whey or another protein supplement provided you get enough protein in from other sources, but is your diet rich enough in fish to justify not taking any omega-3?

Same goes for vitamins. On a bulk, your bloodstream is full of vitamins, but on a cut, why wouldn't you supply with multi-vitamins?

Old 04-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #13
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
I can understand not taking whey or another protein supplement provided you get enough protein in from other sources, but is your diet rich enough in fish to justify not taking any omega-3?

Same goes for vitamins. On a bulk, your bloodstream is full of vitamins, but on a cut, why wouldn't you supply with multi-vitamins?
I don't believe in the benefit of a multi for the price, when you essentially piss away majority of the nutrients.

I eat lots of omega 3 enriched eggs, some grass fed beef, and some fish. In the summer I eat a ton of fish, as it is fresh. I also consume a healthy amount of vegetables, at least "6 cups" a day. Spinach/kale/broccoli/carrots/onions/mushrooms being staples. I actually eat significantly more veggies on a cut, just to fill me up without taking in too many calories.

And remember, this whole "omega 3" craze is based on standard american diet, which causes a huge imbalance between omega6:omega3.

I don't consume seed oils, I eat natural foods only. My fat sources are almost entirely from saturated fat. I think my ratio is fine because of that, I just don't see the benefit vs. cost.

I also hate the routine of taking pills 2-3 times a day.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #14
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

Quote:
^ That's a lot of money for standard strength omega-3. You need 2-3 grams of Omega-3 per day as per FDA, so you'll need to take at least 6 softgels daily.

Instead, try puritan's pride brand. They have double strength omega-3 softgels (768 mg), so you only need 3 softgels per day. I bought 10 bottles of 90 softgels for about $50 shipped couple of months ago.

Also, regarding your question about creatine, it doesn't have anything to do with training window. Just get it in daily at your convenience. Same with fish oils.
I'll check it out
Thanks

[bimmerapp]

Quote:

Old 04-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #15
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I only use whey protein. Stopped using multi and omega 3. I eat 6 organic eggs a day and fish 3 times a week, that's enough healthy fats.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:00 PM   #16
Act of God

FYI my platelet levels have dropped into the abnormal range since using the fish oil supplements, been seeing a hematologist/oncologist. Randomly googled "fish oil platelet production" and found a study showing that it may inhibit growth factor. I'm going off the pills now to see if my levels bounce back. Doctor diagnosed me with auto-immune disorder, this will be hilarious if I figure it out before he does.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Old 04-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #17
SeanC

My platelet levels were quite high when I had bold work done last spring. I was supplementing with fish oil as usual, and was on a cut.

I hope nothing is serious with your health, but I don't think fish oil is anything but useful for the body. Probably the single most useful fat there is.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:34 AM   #18
Act of God

Quote:
My platelet levels were quite high when I had bold work done last spring. I was supplementing with fish oil as usual, and was on a cut.

I hope nothing is serious with your health, but I don't think fish oil is anything but useful for the body. Probably the single most useful fat there is.
Since the doctor doesn't really know why my levels dropped, I at least need to see what happens when I stop the pills. I get blood work done at least once a year and my platelets have always been normal.

This is the study I found

http://atvb.ahajournals.org/content/15/2/185.full
Quote:
Platelet-derived growth factor levels were significantly lowered after supplementation (P***8804;.05). Intracellular peroxidase was increased (P***8804;.01), and extracellular myeloperoxidase levels were lowered (P***8804;.05). Taken together, these results suggest that the anti-inflammatory effect of fish oil may be due at least partly to alterations in white cell function and growth factor levels.
also

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3393911