E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #41
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
i still have a suspended account on at&t for their unlimited data hehehe..

currently switched to tmobile with my fam so now our total bill for four lines, 2 with unlimited, 1 no data, 1 2.5gig comes out to $140
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #42
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
I thought they both throttle after 5GB of data used.

Anyway, how's the coverage with t-mobile? That was always my concern with them.
Nope I think ATT was the only one that did that. Even my old Verizon plan never got throttled.

T-Mobile is good where I live, I checked it out on their site before I switched. Its gotten even better in the past couple months too. They are improving at a pretty rapid pace. The issue is that while their coverage is good in cities where they've rolled out LTE, it doesn't extend outside of the city very far. It's not like Verizon where they have LTE towers in the middle of nowhere.

The reason is that until recently they only had spectrum in the 1800 or 2100mhz region, can't remember which. That's got lots of bandwidth but at the cost of being able to propagate long distances and go through walls. With the new lower frequency spectrum they bought, they will be able to fill out their coverage in less densely populated areas more efficiently.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #43
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
1 droid,400 min, unlimited text, 2gb= $110 a month, and if it's a day late, calls and texts all day everyday , nothing short of harassment

i keep seeing super cheap alternatives but all i can think is the service must suck

the one walmart promotes in particular

then the t-mobile commercial during the superbowl

what you guys have, what do you pay and how is the coverage?
The only reason I switched over to Verizon (Dec 2012) was because they were offering the same plan as you, however unlimited everything with 2gb of data. I'm not sure where the hell your plan is from, but thats a pretty shitty plan.

Call them up and see what they can offer you. Luckily I haven't had to call much but their customer service has been pretty good to me thus far.

I'm paying $100/month because I work for a company that provides discounts with verizon... but ya, text and calls are unlimited.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #44
Astheros

My Ride: 2005 330ci
Tmobile here. No throttling at all. 7gb monthly about. 160 for 3 lines. 2 unlimited one no data.

BimmerApp on Samsung Galaxy S4

Instagram: astherosphoto
Astheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #45
wild willy

My Ride: Cars
Verizon- 4 Iphones- Landline and internet....total is over 300. Switched from Sprint who WAS MUCH cheaper but we could not use the phones because the service went to hell here. Way too much money for sure.....Will not be with them for more than the 2 years
wild willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #46
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
The only reason I switched over to Verizon (Dec 2012) was because they were offering the same plan as you, however unlimited everything with 2gb of data. I'm not sure where the hell your plan is from, but thats a pretty shitty plan.

Call them up and see what they can offer you. Luckily I haven't had to call much but their customer service has been pretty good to me thus far.

I'm paying $100/month because I work for a company that provides discounts with verizon... but ya, text and calls are unlimited.
i don't use all the minutes, so it works for me, you mean the price?

well yeah

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #47
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro3000 View Post
Yea, they give you a pretty killer deal, especially if you use a lot of data like I do.

Combine the fact that they just bought 700mhz A block from Verizon and their coverage should start expanding more this year.

They showed some speed test app data at their last press event and had a comfortable lead over AT&T and Verizon, probably due to less congestion mostly. Sprint was a distant last. Wimax really screwed them over.

I use a lot of data, where my wife doesn't.. compared to what I was paying before, I got both of us the unlimited data just for the hell of it at this price.

the new jump plan isnt a bad either, its almost like leasing the phone. In six months if I want a new one I go in and get a new one.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #48
JTLaz

My Ride: Can now offroad
Just do what I did...

I called Verizon one day and asked when my contract was satisfied enough to not be charged an ETF fee. They asked why and I said that Sprint has the exact same coverage in my area for $50.00 a month. They said they would give me a special pricing for one year to keep me as a customer.

Unlimited Talk
Unlimited Text
4gb of Data
$66.00 a month is taken out of my account every month... that's it
JTLaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #49
justinrn21

My Ride: 00 323ci / 91 318is
You can get unlim talk/text and 1 gb of data for $60 or 2gb if you are less than 1 year until the end of your contract and don't mind signing a 1 year contract. You'll still be able to upgrade when you want
Old 02-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #50
awesomechinz

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i sedan
Quote:
i wonder if you can keep same number ?

how do you get grandfathered nd whats the benefit
You can keep your number when you switch to it, but then you have to stay with that carrier or else you lose your number. Ex: switch from AT&T to monthly straight talk plan. Phone number will carry over. But, if you switch from straight talk to Tmobile, you need a new number.

You get grandfathered if you had the unlimited data from back when before the iphone 4 was released. If you kept your plan, you kept your data.

brown magic
awesomechinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #51
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrn21 View Post
You can get unlim talk/text and 1 gb of data for $60 or 2gb if you are less than 1 year until the end of your contract and don't mind signing a 1 year contract. You'll still be able to upgrade when you want
You can get that with pay as you go?
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #52
blaster3500

My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
I switched to straight talk a few months ago. We were on ATT for nearly 10 years. The straight talk service is identical and I have had zero problems. Unlimited called, text, and as far as data goes I am not a data hog but do not hesitate to use it and have had no problems. They also have LTE now. I was paying more to have 2gb of data and a limited minute plan with ATT. I had no problems porting my number it just took a few minutes. The only downside is if you forget to buy another month you will loose your number if you let it expire. You can set it up to autopay every month if you do not want to worry about that.

Last edited by blaster3500; 02-05-2014 at 09:32 PM.
blaster3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #53
justinrn21

My Ride: 00 323ci / 91 318is
It's with a post paid account. With prepaid it's a little bit cheaper but less coverage and only 3g. The $60 plan is a good deal. The only downside is it does not include hotspot or if you need unlimited data

Last edited by justinrn21; 02-05-2014 at 09:33 PM.
justinrn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #54
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster3500 View Post
I switched to straight talk a few months ago. We were on ATT for nearly 10 years. The straight talk service is identical and I have had zero problems. Unlimited called, text, and as far as data goes I am not a data hog but do not hesitate to use it and have had no problems. They also have LTE now. I was paying more to have 2gb of data and a limited minute plan with ATT. I had no problems porting my number it just took a few minutes. The only downside is if you forget to buy another month you will loose your number if you let it expire. You can set it up to autopay every month if you do not want to worry about that.
Did you bring your own phone or buy one of theirs?
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:11 AM   #55
Carskibum

My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
iPhone 5s, 400 talk min, unlimited text, 2gb data, $120/month through Verizon.

I always pay early so no texts/calls

I've had both AT&T and tmobile. Cheaper, yes. Coverage sucked. Never had service. I'd consider AT&T again, but I'd never go back to tmobile.

Same but $87 a month. 22% corporate discount.

Every month I go over data or voice by a little. I need to make some changes. As for t-mobile... Spotty service in Hoboken, NJ. HAHA... Jesus.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:21 AM   #56
HPFMTRE

My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
$308(This month) for two iphones. Its like i go through hours on the phone to setup a plan and then get the first bill and its no where near what they said. Happens every time. Same with their cable and internet. Getting pretty sick on AT&T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)

Last edited by HPFMTRE; 02-06-2014 at 07:21 AM.
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #57
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
used to love at&t...i don't know who's worse now , verizon or time warner.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #58
blaster3500

My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Did you bring your own phone or buy one of theirs?
I used my own. I am using an ATT gs4
blaster3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #59
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
mmmmmmm, i'm gonna call verizon and threaten to bolt, see what they say

i'm paying optimum $120 for cable, i tried the tactic, they wouldn't budge

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #60
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
mmmmmmm, i'm gonna call verizon and threaten to bolt, see what they say

i'm paying optimum $120 for cable, i tried the tactic, they wouldn't budge
i pay 280 with verizon for 3 lines and tried using that tactic when i wanted an upgrade a week earlier.....didn't work. at&t i used to call 2 months before and i didn't even have to threaten them that i would leave....
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote