E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #21
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
I guess you people haven't seen their new ipad randomizer arrows yet huh?
Old 02-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #22
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I guess you people haven't seen their new ipad randomizer arrows yet huh?
What do you mean "you people"??!??!

I read about them a few days ago....basically forces passengers into random lines to discourage potential terrorists from gaming the system, more or less.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #23
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
What do you mean "you people"??!??!

I read about them a few days ago....basically forces passengers into random lines to discourage potential terrorists from gaming the system, more or less.
Is this what they are saying what they are for?! Hahahaha I can assure you, that is NOT what they are for. They are for "fairness."

My St Martin flight, the security line was over 2 hours long. After about an hour or so, some hoodrat with a bad attitude rolled up and broke out the ipad...She opened a hole in those rope thingies and started asking people to tap on the screen...arrow goes left or right. You are correct that they are indeed for line control (but the terrorist thing is a joke.) The guy in front of my wife and I got left, and we got right. The right was a line they just opened so they had about 6 people on it, the left had everyone else...probably an hour wait. The guy in front of us (with a family of 4) that got the left told the lady that their flight is in 10 minutes (they wasted over an hour waiting on this line already) and if his family can go to the other line. Stupid cvnt with a single digit iq said no. He then asked is he can tap the screen again...she said no. I then asked her if I can give up my spot so that the family can take my place on the short line, to which she replied, in her hoodrat bronx accent "nuhuh." My wife and I went (she's 7 months pregnant) and I don't know if that family ever made that flight.

The reason for those ipad things is the TSA recognizes the fact that people that work for them are complete idiots, and they cannot make any form of decisions, so this removes any "confusion" and common sense from them. They do not have any power, that way the TSA doesn't have any legal issues.

As for terrorists, thats a crock of sh!t. We were all gathered in a tightly coiled line (probably 1000 people) so if you were going to blow something up and kill a bunch of people (who BTW, can waltz in off the street and get on said line since the line is OUTSIDE security) that's the perfect place to do it. You will NEVER see a line of ANY kind in Israel BEFORE security. You never want a crowd to be able to form.

The "you people" comment was meant towards the above comments of people never having a problem with TSA.

Oh, and bonus, our flight home from St. Martin, we landed at JFK and for security reasons, they didn't part the plane at the terminal with the exit sleeve, but instead out in the open...so we all came back from the caribbean, tshirts and all, and had to walk in -10 degree weather. Even the crew/pilots were b!tching. Like I said, US airports are run WORSE than any other international airport I have ever been to (thanks largely to the TSA and the unions.)

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-09-2014 at 12:09 AM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #24
Goughie

My Ride: 330d Sport Touring
Quote:
You will NEVER see a line of ANY kind in Israel BEFORE security. You never want a crowd to be able to form.
Have you ever been to Israel? I've been five times in the last three months and the queues just to get to security at Ben Gurion are laughable. Hundreds of people lining up for the 20 questions everyone has to answer before you get your check in bags swabbed. You're then onto check in, after which more long queues to have your hand luggage swabbed. Plenty of queues and a source of frustration and annoyance to travellers to the country.

"The protection of views purely on religious grounds cannot be justified. It is not only an irrational idea, but it is also divisive, capricious and arbitrary" - Lord Justice Laws, UK 29/04/2010
Goughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #25
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goughie View Post
Have you ever been to Israel? I've been five times in the last three months and the queues just to get to security at Ben Gurion are laughable. Hundreds of people lining up for the 20 questions everyone has to answer before you get your check in bags swabbed. You're then onto check in, after which more long queues to have your hand luggage swabbed. Plenty of queues and a source of frustration and annoyance to travellers to the country.
While there are rarely huge lines at the 20 questions, Israel was actually a bad example on my part because their security starts WELL outside the airport. You first go through an armed checkpoint, and then the building with the 20 questions is actually VERY separate from the buildings where the planes and gates are. I've been going to Israel at least once a year for the past 20 years.

Terrorism as far as planes/airports go is either to hijack a plane or to kill a bunch of people, and at JFK, they do a great job of shoving a lot of people into a very small space.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:52 PM   #26
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
you can only make thinly veiled racist comments if you're a communist scumbag these days

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:09 AM   #27
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
you can only make thinly veiled racist comments if you're a communist scumbag these days
Not sure if srs or sarcasm...I didn't even mention race...

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-09-2014 at 12:10 AM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #28
evolved

Quote:
Aog is drunk trolling

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
Old 02-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #29
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Quote:
Sick Days - Unlimited
Working Days in 2013 - 159
Accountability for poor performance - None
Healthcare - Top notch

Want to complain about entitlements.....start with Congress.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #30
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Aog is drunk trolling
Lol I thought so too haha. See, this is why I don't drink. But I guess people at least speak the truth and you learn how they feel. Maybe politicians should work drunk.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 02-09-2014, 08:41 AM   #31
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
America's lack of investment in High Speed rail is embarrassing.

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

Last edited by phrozen06; 02-09-2014 at 08:41 AM.
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #32
evolved

Quote:
Lol I thought so too haha. See, this is why I don't drink. But I guess people at least speak the truth and you learn how they feel. Maybe politicians should work drunk.

With the lines that some politicians throw out there I just assumed that their muled up, lol

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig
Old 02-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #33
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
America's lack of investment in High Speed rail is embarrassing.
I'm no expert on it but doesn't amtrack/Acela lose money every year?

Old 02-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #34
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
With the lines that some politicians throw out there I just assumed that their muled up, lol
I think it should be mandatory for all political speeches to be done sauced up. The people would finally hear the truth and have a good chuckle to boot lol.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #35
Act of God

Quote:
Biden not you lol

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Old 02-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #36
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Biden not you lol
Haha...I thought you latched on to the hoodrat/bronx comment coupled with the fact that Im Russian, and you can see how it sounded. All good, evolved and I chalked it up to you hittin the happy hour again.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #37
Act of God

Quote:
Haha...I thought you latched on to the hoodrat/bronx comment coupled with the fact that Im Russian, and you can see how it sounded. All good, evolved and I chalked it up to you hittin the happy hour again.
curry wurst 1
Act of God 0

Old 02-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #38
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
curry wurst 1
Act of God 0
Never tried curry wurst...got a good place for it?
Old 02-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #39
Act of God

Quote:
Never tried curry wurst...got a good place for it?
I live in walking distance of one in Long Beach, great food and amazing beer on tap.