E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Summer cut. Let's discuss!

Summer isn't quite just around the corner yet, but it's approaching fast. Let's discuss everything related to the summer cut.

First off, when do you guys start getting ready for summer? I'm thinking early April I'll get things in gear and my diet back on track. Maybe even, heaven forbid, I'll start doing some cardio.

I don't plan to be comp conditioned, but getting my abs back to decent and toning up a little would be nice. I've never been this big (fat and muscle wise) and I'm not exactly sure what to expect. My biggest worry would be coming out behind, and that's not worth it.

Let's get ready and journey through this together!!
Trashcan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #2
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
what do you mean coming out behind?

I'm not really the cutting type but I'll probably try to lose a little belly fat by drinking less, eating sh1t food less, and doing more sprinting.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Burn more calories than your taking in, adjust macros for goals... /thread.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #4
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post

I'm not really the cutting type but I'll probably try to lose a little belly fat by drinking less, eating sh1t food less, and doing more sprinting.
I don't want numbers to suffer much is what i meant
Old 02-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #5
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post
Burn more calories than your taking in, adjust macros for goals... /thread.
I know you stay a little learner than me, but do you stay a bit more strict in summer? Do you do a small "cut for summer? When?

I understand the idea of a cut and how it works, lol. That wasn't why this was made. I figured lots will be starting cuts in the next couple months to get ready for summer so we can share tips and tricks and whatnot
Old 02-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #6
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post

No more binging on McDonald's

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #7
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
No more binging on McDonald's

[bimmerapp]
hahhaa for real
Old 02-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #8
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
i literally don't drink during the week anymore, and when i do drink, very seldom will i actually drink a lot. Usually after a couple glasses of wine I'm good. Sometimes its more like 2 bottles of wine or 6 scotches
Old 02-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #9
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
i literally don't drink during the week anymore, and when i do drink, very seldom will i actually drink a lot. Usually after a couple glasses of wine I'm good. Sometimes its more like 2 bottles of wine or 6 scotches
Same here. I got wasted a few weeks ago after not drinking for quite a while and absolutely hated what it did to my numbers and physique. Now i have maybe one drink Friday or Saturday if i go out, and a glass I'd wine or 2 Sunday with dinner. The Friday or Saturday drunk is pretty uncommon too
Old 02-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #10
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
I know you stay a little learner than me, but do you stay a bit more strict in summer? Do you do a small "cut for summer? When?

I understand the idea of a cut and how it works, lol. That wasn't why this was made. I figured lots will be starting cuts in the next couple months to get ready for summer so we can share tips and tricks and whatnot
lol, yea... I know. I was just being a smart ass.

In all seriousness though, I do try to limit my fat gain when I'm chasing strength / size, although I don't always stick to that plan . This comes in handy when it's time to cut... The less fat I have to worry about, the shorter my cut is, the better I'm able to to hold onto my gains. My bulks I usually try to limit my weight gain to about .5-1 lb a week. If cutting, a loss of no more than 1-2 lbs a week.

My diet stays the same for the most part, regardless of whether I'm bulking up or cutting down. What I usually do is I adjust carbs appropriately, **but this is a very gradual change**. When my focus is to drop fat, I may start out by simply cutting my carbs back about ~300 cals, so in the neighborhood of 50-100g worth. And I'll keep that deficit until progress slows down. When that happens, I drop down another ~200cals/~50g. I try not to let carbs get down too low though and if my lifts start to suffer too much, I'll toss in a refeed every now and then.

Training wise, I'll slightly adjust the accessory work and volume to compensate for being in a deficit, but it stays pretty much the same for the most part (training style, reps, intensity, etc). When I bulk, I do all my dedicated conditioning / cardio work on my "off" days, 1-2 days a week. This doesn't really change for my cuts. I don't incorporate any extra cardio unless I reach a point where I don't want to cut anymore calories and would rather increase my expenditure instead. However, this doesn't usually happen until the very end of my cut when I'm trying to get shredded down to a really low body fat percentage.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #11
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Would be helpful to have a detailed cutting plan shared here. I know cutting is mostly about food. Most people tend to do more cardio during cutting. You'll want to stay away from alcohol and bad carbs.

bimmerchop, what do you do for cardio?

Last edited by z00; 02-07-2014 at 03:38 PM.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #12
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post
lol, yea... I know. I was just being a smart ass.

In all seriousness though, I do try to limit my fat gain when I'm chasing strength / size, although I don't always stick to that plan . This comes in handy when it's time to cut... The less fat I have to worry about, the shorter my cut is, the better I'm able to to hold onto my gains. My bulks I usually try to limit my weight gain to about .5-1 lb a week. If cutting, a loss of no more than 1-2 lbs a week.

My diet stays the same for the most part, regardless of whether I'm bulking up or cutting down. What I usually do is I adjust carbs appropriately, **but this is a very gradual change**. When my focus is to drop fat, I may start out by simply cutting my carbs back about ~300 cals, so in the neighborhood of 50-100g worth. And I'll keep that deficit until progress slows down. When that happens, I drop down another ~200cals/~50g. I try not to let carbs get down too low though and if my lifts start to suffer too much, I'll toss in a refeed every now and then.

Training wise, I'll slightly adjust the accessory work and volume to compensate for being in a deficit, but it stays pretty much the same for the most part (training style, reps, intensity, etc). When I bulk, I do all my dedicated conditioning / cardio work on my "off" days, 1-2 days a week. This doesn't really change for my cuts. I don't incorporate any extra cardio unless I reach a point where I don't want to cut anymore calories and would rather increase my expenditure instead. However, this doesn't usually happen until the very end of my cut when I'm trying to get shredded down to a really low body fat percentage.
Damn it to hell. I'm so unorganized it makes me sad. No wonder I've plateaued.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #13
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Probably mid-march for me, I'm already cleaning up the diet (but still on a strength program, so not that clean). I'll start doing more of the crossfit type workouts again, maybe some caffeine, maybe some var.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:24 PM   #14
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Probably mid-march for me, I'm already cleaning up the diet (but still on a strength program, so not that clean). I'll start doing more of the crossfit type workouts again, maybe some caffeine, maybe some var.
Please inform me on what var is
Old 02-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #15
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
Please inform me on what var is
oxandrolone

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #16
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
Here's what worked for me last spring:

Macros: 200/100/50 Pro/carb/fat, carb up every weekend, high intensity low volume big lifts 3 days a week, no cardio. EC stack 3 times a day. ~2g omega 3 and multivitamin supplement. Started around 175 with 20%bf, ended close to 150 with ~12% bf (estimates).

Next cut will start early March with beginner oly routine and 240/120/60 macros (pro/cho/fat) daily and 500g carbs/day on weekends. EC stack 3 days a week, supplement with omega 3 and multivitamin. Don't really want to cut because I'm seeing great strength gains recently, and I want to keep it up. But that extra fat needs to go.

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:03 AM   #17
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Hill sprints, hill sprints, hill sprints!

To get lean and muscular sprinting can't be beat. Find a hill, sprint up it, walk down, repeat. If you can bring a buddy do it bcuz it's hard to subject yourself to this type of punishment alone...

No cutting necessary
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1395918230.513722.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	551548

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #18
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
Hill sprints, hill sprints, hill sprints!

To get lean and muscular sprinting can't be beat. Find a hill, sprint up it, walk down, repeat. If you can bring a buddy do it bcuz it's hard to subject yourself to this type of punishment alone...

No cutting necessary
Attachment 551548

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I need to do this. Not looking forward to that burn lol
Old 03-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #19
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
fvck i misread the subject! i thought it said summer gut where's that guy who was supposed to be training me? he has some explaining to do, starting with the shipment on my shirt
Old 03-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #20
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
fvck i misread the subject! i thought it said summer gut where's that guy who was supposed to be training me? he has some explaining to do, starting with the shipment on my shirt
you're the worst lol. I gave you a program and doubt you even do it. I'm a text away anytime you want to send videos, have questions etc. I get nothing from you.