E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #21
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Just because the US doesn't experience starvation to the level of African states don't imply that no one in the US goes hungry.
I am sure there are isolated cases such as this...

Where kids may indeed go to bed hungry...if the skank was dumb enough to have 15 kids, Im sure shes dumb enough to piss away her assistance money, but again, I believe they are isolated cases and not a "national problem." Passing legislation of any kind based on isolated cases (be it gun control, entitlements, etc) is not a recipe for successful results. We do need safety nets for those less fortunate and for those that fell on hard times, but it really needs to be true "assistance" not a livelyhood. Force those getting welfare to obtain a bachelor degree AND maintain a certain GPA, if not, work, whatever. Create "401Ks" for people so that they can't piss their money away, and only touch it for certain things. There are thousands of ideas we can go back and forth with as to how to actually help people, but handing out EBT cards isn't going to help anyone.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-09-2014 at 02:12 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #22
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
No one is claiming that. The vast majority of those on public assistance do, and hurt the ones that are legitimately in a bad situations through no fault of their own. Being poor, then having 5 kids, then crying that you do not have enough is not "no fault of your own." Being an addict or having a substance abuse problem (including gambling and alcohol) is not "no fault of your own." Having a criminal record and no one wants to hire you is also not "no fault of your own."
I say fvcking should be regulated. No recreational fvcking. Fvcking not permitted for the poor. How about a one child policy for the poor or no child? Reproduction rights are for those that can afford it. Any violation of this policy will result in the child being punished for the actions of the parents. Generations of punishment. Who says communist states produce poor policies?

edit: your video link only reinforces my proposal.

Last edited by badfast; 02-09-2014 at 02:13 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #23
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Not yet at least, thanks to Our various social programs and the Dems in the Senate and Prez holding fast against a devolution to feudalism and raw "law of the jungle" society.

Let the TPers and radical right have their way though, this is what it might look like just outside the closed gates of 1% communities (except the faces would be predominantly white and significantly GOP and Southern rather than the black inner city meme the GOP/TP have been insidiously implying since at least the sixties).
Typical libtard BS. Tell me, who feeds and clothes the most poor people in this country?
Old 02-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #24
badfast

Quote:
Typical libtard BS. Tell me, who feeds and clothes the most poor people in this country?
The US government.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #25
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Not yet at least, thanks to Our various social programs and the Dems in the Senate and Prez holding fast against a devolution to feudalism and raw "law of the jungle" society.

Let the TPers and radical right have their way though, this is what it might look like just outside the closed gates of 1% communities (except the faces would be predominantly white and significantly GOP and Southern rather than the black inner city meme the GOP/TP have been insidiously implying since at least the sixties).
Get over yourself. You honestly think wealthy Democratic politicians give a damn about who starves and who doesn't? It's like you live in a bubble and think every Republican is against humanity.
The whole business of politics has been effectively subcontracted out to a band of professionals. Money people, outreach people, message people, research people. The rest of us are meant to feel like amateurs. In the sense of suckers. We become demotivated to learn more about how things work. We begin to opt out.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #26
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
I say fvcking should be regulated. No recreational fvcking. Fvcking not permitted for the poor. How about a one child policy for the poor or no child? Reproduction rights are for those that can afford it. Any violation of this policy will result in the child being punished for the actions of the parents. Generations of punishment. Who says communist states produce poor policies?

edit: your video link only reinforces my proposal.
No need for a one child policy, nor do I want to call for that. Jail time would be a start for having a child you can't support (endangering the welfare of a child), cut off financially from the government, etc. Your solution is to just hand out bigger checks...the more kids they have, the bigger the check. Working great!
Old 02-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #27
badfast

Quote:
No need for a one child policy, nor do I want to call for that. Jail time would be a start for having a child you can't support (endangering the welfare of a child), cut off financially from the government, etc. Your solution is to just hand out bigger checks...the more kids they have, the bigger the check. Working great!
not sure if srs.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #28
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
The whole business of politics has been effectively subcontracted out to a band of professionals. Money people, outreach people, message people, research people. The rest of us are meant to feel like amateurs. In the sense of suckers. We become demotivated to learn more about how things work. We begin to opt out.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:44 PM   #29
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Get over yourself. You honestly think wealthy Democratic politicians give a damn about who starves and who doesn't? It's like you live in a bubble and think every Republican is against humanity.
Far more so than the majority of GOP/TP politicians of late and those who truly do care beyond perfunctory lip service have been effectively muzzled lest they get the Rino label. I see very few in today's GOP with a genuine concern of, say, Jack Kemp.

I would say that far two many of both parties still ascribe far too closely with supply-side, tinkle-down economics which focuses its concerns far too narrowly on a well off few with some vague afterthought of hope that some of their soaring success may dribble over the rims of their crystal ware onto the economically parched lips of the majority of Americans (as surging wealth and incomes disparities grimly attest.)
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #30
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian

My Ride: E46, E30, Quattro
People will continue to have more useless kids. Remove the financial incentive to have more = less useless people.

2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"
1990 Audi 90 Quattro Sport 20v "Chloe"

Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #31
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Quote:
Far more so than the majority of GOP/TP politicians of late and those who truly do care beyond perfunctory lip service have been effectively muzzled lest they get the Rino label. I see very few in today's GOP with a genuine concern of, say, Jack Kemp.

I would say that far two many of both parties still ascribe far too closely with supply-side, tinkle-down economics which focuses its concerns far too narrowly on a well off few with some vague afterthought of hope that some of their soaring success may dribble over the rims of their crystal ware onto the economically parched lips of the majority of Americans (as surging wealth and incomes disparities grimly attest.)
Quote:
I would say that far two many of both parties still ascribe far too closely with supply-side, tinkle-down economics
Quote:
tinkle-down economics
Quote:
tinkle-down
Quote:
tinkle

Quote:
tinkle

Quote:
tinkle

you just made a funny.

ha

Last edited by Zell; 02-09-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #32
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
People will continue to have more useless kids. Remove the financial incentive to have more = less useless people.
Oh yeah? That doesn't work to well in Africa now does it? Where they have lots of kids to you know, offset infant mortality rates, help work on the farms, etc.

Or were you referring specifically toward a the US of A?

and I don't expect you to understand at 18, but people have children for reasons other than financial incentives. Of course, I'm sure there are those that do as well.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by MDydinanM; 02-09-2014 at 03:28 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #33
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
Oh yeah? That doesn't work to well in Africa now does it? Where they have lots of kids to you know, offset infant mortality rates, help work on the farms, etc.

and I don't expect you to understand at 18, but people have children for reasons other than financial incentives. Of course, I'm sure there are those that do as well.

I consider Marshy a useless kid. His parents should have had financial incentive to not have him.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #34
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
I consider Marshy a useless kid. His parents should have had financial incentive to not have him.
Are his parents on government assistance? If they were, you may have a valid point. If they are not, then they are doing the right thing, having kids when they can afford it.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #35
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post

Just the USA. We didn't bring any other country into this. And I'm not saying that the only reason to have a kid is for financial reasons. Not at all. It's just that poor people have incentives to have kids.

Quote:
They did. I cost a lot as you know.

Quote:
Are his parents on government assistance? If they were, you may have a valid point. If they are not, then they are doing the right thing, having kids when they can afford it.
Not at all. They actually waited 6 years from marriage to have me, their first. They only had two because that is all they wanted, actually. But he is very mad because my parents collect rent checks from the government which apparently means my anti-big government rhetoric is hypocritical.

2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"

Old 02-09-2014, 03:50 PM   #36
badfast

Quote:
So you agree we need to regulate poor people's fvcking habits?
Old 02-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #37
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
Just the USA. We didn't bring any other country into this. And I'm not saying that the only reason to have a kid is for financial reasons. Not at all. It's just that poor people have incentives to have kids.

They did. I cost a lot as you know.

Not at all. They actually waited 6 years from marriage to have me, their first. They only had two because that is all they wanted, actually. But he is very mad because my parents collect rent checks from the government which apparently means my anti-big government rhetoric is hypocritical.
I am sure you do cost a lot. More so of dignity than dollars.

btw, I don't care that your dad works for the local government. I think you are just stupid.

Last edited by badfast; 02-09-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #38
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Not at all. They can bang all they want. But I want them to have consequences for their actions.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #39
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:

btw, I don't care that your dad works for the local government. I think you are just stupid.
Why is he stupid, because he doesn't agree with you?
Old 02-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #40
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian

Quote:
What is it with you and regulation?

Quote:

Oh yes, because I am such a disgrace to my parents. :roll eyes:

"Dammit that son of ours is trying to work for himself and study hard in college! Where did we go wrong?!"

And I told you before it's not really a government job and that is as deep as I will go into it.

2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"