E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #41
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Why is he stupid, because he doesn't agree with you?
Yes, that is the determining factor.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #42
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
What is it with you and regulation?

Oh yes, because I am such a disgrace to my parents. :roll eyes:

"Dammit that son of ours is trying to work for himself and study hard in college! Where did we go wrong?!"

And I told you before it's not really a government job and that is as deep as I will go into it.
I thought you don't learn in college, why the studying?

Not really a government job that is.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #43
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian

My Ride: E46, Quattros, Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
I thought you don't learn in college, why the studying?

Not really a government job that is.
Study to pass a test. There isn't much to learn for my major.

And no, it isn't government job. You think that you know everything about me. You are barely scratching the surface.

2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1990 Audi 90 Quattro Sport 20v "Chloe"
1993 Audi 90 Quattro V6 "Lydia II"
1994 Mazda Miata R-Spec Race Prep "Natasha"

Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #44
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
People will continue to have more useless kids. Remove the financial incentive to have more = less useless people.
Below what parental income level are children to be declared "useless," and to what subsequent consequence. How does one sign up for the useless child committee?
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #45
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Below what parental income level are children to be declared "useless," and to what subsequent consequence. How does one sign up for the useless child committee?
Well, whatever line the people think is the limit of "stuck in the ghetto is." Isn't that the argument? Kids born into poverty to deadbeat parents end up selling crack on the corner because they don't know any other way? I assume the word useless means not a contributing member of society. It's also the reason why Im pro choice.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #46
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
If you're not a libertarian, cultured, affluent, and traveled to Europe as a fetus, you're useless.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #47
badfast

Quote:
Study to pass a test. There isn't much to learn for my major.

And no, it isn't government job. You think that you know everything about me. You are barely scratching the surface.
Sounds like you selected a shitty major.

I know more than enough. Mostly that you are mediocre at best.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #48
badfast

Quote:
Well, whatever line the people think is the limit of "stuck in the ghetto is." Isn't that the argument? Kids born into poverty to deadbeat parents end up selling crack on the corner because they don't know any other way? I assume the word useless means not a contributing member of society. It's also the reason why Im pro choice.
Is that the argument? Poverty is an inescapable cycle. Therefore no assistance will help them escape the inevitable. They should have been born into a rich family where the smart and successful kids are. Helping them is an economically fruitless venture.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #49
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
If you're not a libertarian, cultured, affluent, and traveled to Europe as a fetus, you're useless.

How was car shopping? More importantly will the government transport your car to your private island provided to you upon retirement from a performance free career?

Only ask because I heard the govt doesn't mess around with small time gold watches. They go big to let you know how appreciative they are and show much of taxpayers money they can waste doing it.

Last edited by badfast; 02-09-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #50
MDydinanM

Quote:
How was car shopping?
I hate going to dealers and dealing with salesmen. Don't like all the formalities. Fortunately the VW/Subaru dealership was really good.

I'm either going to buy a Mazda CX-5 or Subaru Outback.

You know, need a daddy/family vehicle that I can haul stuff and the kid(s) can beat up. Also want something more fuel efficient and reliable

Quote:
More importantly will the government transport your car to your private island provided to you upon retirement from a performance free career?

Only ask because I heard the govt doesn't mess around with small time gold watches. They go big to let you know how appreciative they are and show much of taxpayers money they can waste doing it.
Well ya know, I was planning to pay all cash. But maybe the guberment can subsidize it or get me a voucher.

lol

Last edited by MDydinanM; 02-09-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #51
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian

My Ride: E46, Quattros, Miata
Quote:
Sounds like you selected a shitty major.
Because it's not a knowledge based major.

Quote:
I know more than enough. Mostly that you are mediocre at best.
Your ego could literally cause a solar eclipse.

2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1990 Audi 90 Quattro Sport 20v "Chloe"
1993 Audi 90 Quattro V6 "Lydia II"
1994 Mazda Miata R-Spec Race Prep "Natasha"

Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #52
MDydinanM

Quote:
And yours a super nova.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #53
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Is that the argument? Poverty is an inescapable cycle. Therefore no assistance will help them escape the inevitable. They should have been born into a rich family where the smart and successful kids are. Helping them is an economically fruitless venture.
Helping them with money is indeed a fruitless venture. Helping them obtain the skills needed to succeed is far more effective.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #54
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:

In economic terms, if you are not a contributing member of society (which includes minimum wage workers, landscapers, lettuce pickers, etc) then technically, as far as the country is concerned, yes, you (the general you) are useless.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #55
badfast

Quote:
I hate going to dealers and dealing with salesmen. Don't like all the formalities. Fortunately the VW/Subaru dealership was really good.

I'm either going to buy a Mazda CX-5 or Subaru Outback.

You know, need a daddy/family vehicle that I can haul stuff and the kid(s) can beat up. Also want something more fuel efficient and reliable

Well ya know, I was planning to pay all cash. But maybe the guberment can subsidize it or get me a voucher.
good luck with search. The CX5s look nice.

Quote:
Because it's not a knowledge based major.
Obviously

Quote:
That's one theory, but I would love to see your data to support the claim.

Quote:
Helping them with money is indeed a fruitless venture. Helping them obtain the skills needed to succeed is far more effective.
I certainly think teaching skills will go along way. Here is the catch though. You can't do it without money.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #56
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
good luck with search. The CX5s look nice.

Obviously

That's one theory, but I would love to see your data to support the claim.

I certainly think teaching skills will go along way. Here is the catch though. You can't do it without money.
So we have one of the highest per student spending in the world, but yet the teachers aren't paid enough...fine...I'll bite...where's the money going? It sure as sh!t ain't the delicious school lunches.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #57
badfast

Quote:
So we have one of the highest per student spending in the world, but yet the teachers aren't paid enough...fine...I'll bite...where's the money going? It sure as sh!t ain't the delicious school lunches.
I never said teachers were underpaid. Where is the money going or where should it go? I can imagine school sports programs aren't going hungry. I know some schools which have lower than average college placement rates drop tons into sports rather than academic performance.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #58
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
I never said teachers were underpaid. Where is the money going or where should it go? I can imagine school sports programs aren't going hungry. I know some schools which have lower than average college placement rates drop tons into sports rather than academic performance.
First, I agree with you that money is HEAVILY misdirected...having said that, our per student spending is FAR FAR too high. It's too high period, but its even worse when you factor in the return (US education ranking) aka results. I still believe voucher programs as well as letting teachers work without joining the unions will have a positive impact on our schools. I see nothing wrong (if people really care about the kids) with using a voucher system, other than hurting the union's bottom line.

A crude analogy....If the people your zipcode HAD to eat at my restaurant, and ONLY at my restaurant...how hard would I have to try to make good food?
Old 02-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #59
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
To be clear, please do not confuse poor nutrition to starvation.
This does not exist in the United States.

It is impossible to starve in the US. Impossible.
Even the poor people in the U.S. have it good. You can get a free apartment or section 8 housing and your heat and water are paid for.

When I was trying to save money several years ago, I kept the AC off most of the summer. A few days it got up to 95 degrees in my house, it felt ''cooler' outside in 100 degree heat than it did inside. When I got home, my cat would run outside in the 100 degree heat and sit in the shade. It was that miserable.

Then, on the local news they had some fat welfare biatch on tv being interviewed because federal law says AC must be provided to welfare recipients if the temperature reaches 90 degrees inside. That wench was complaining about it being hot in her free apartment.

If I can sacrifice and save, why can't the freeloaders ?

Anyhow, we have the richest poor people in the world. Free food, free housing, free utilities, free AC, free medical care, free cell phone, free education and meals at school, and most of them still have a big screen tv and a room full of DVD's and CD's.

It's good to be poor in America.

BTW Lair, when they cut food stamps they aslo cut aid to big farmers.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #60
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
Even the poor people in the U.S. have it good. You can get a free apartment or section 8 housing and your heat and water are paid for.

When I was trying to save money several years ago, I kept the AC off most of the summer. A few days it got up to 95 degrees in my house, it felt ''cooler' outside in 100 degree heat than it did inside. When I got home, my cat would run outside in the 100 degree heat and sit in the shade. It was that miserable.

Then, on the local news they had some fat welfare biatch on tv being interviewed because federal law says AC must be provided to welfare recipients if the temperature reaches 90 degrees inside. That wench was complaining about it being hot in her free apartment.

If I can sacrifice and save, why can't the freeloaders ?

Anyhow, we have the richest poor people in the world. Free food, free housing, free utilities, free AC, free medical care, free cell phone, free education and meals at school, and most of them still have a big screen tv and a room full of DVD's and CD's.

It's good to be poor in America.

BTW Lair, when they cut food stamps they aslo cut aid to big farmers.
Cool story bro.

Also, you know even the poor in Cambodia and the Philippines have cell phones?

Is there a US govt assistance program that provides free cell phones?

Do you frequent the homes of welfare recipients and take inventory?

I think you are enslaved to a vision of what you think welfare recipients are.