E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #61
CJGREEN

My Ride: 320CD M SPORT
Ive tried various memory cards. Ive not even got the files onto amy card ive tried!! Never mind got to the point of putting it in the unit to update. Getting really annoyed with it now.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
CJGREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #62
891CARLOS

My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
CJGREEN, I did not understood your last post. However, just try another sdcard (4GB-8GB preferable):
1. Extract rar file and copy only the NWD_703 folder to the SD card
2. Turned key to position one and turned on head unit (make sure no sd card is in the GPS slot)
3. Insert SD card in the GPS slot and leave the unit on:
a)Turn key off, wait 10 seconds or 20,
b)turn key back to position one and turn unit back on, let it read the SD card.
4.It will load about four steps, then it should restart itself. Calibrate the touch screen per the instructions.
5. Remove the SD card and hit reset. If you will use same SD card for your GPS maps, make sure to delete NWD_703 folder or the update process will start every time.

You may want to check this http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/4...mware-upgrade/ skip to step #4 and you don't need to disconnect anything as stated in that step, just turn key to off wait 10-20 secs and turn key on and unit on.
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #63
CJGREEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 891CARLOS View Post
CJGREEN, I did not understood your last post. However, just try another sdcard (4GB-8GB preferable):
Carlos,

I meant I have tried various different size sd cards. The problem I am having is the files aren't copying onto the sd - fullstop. I've not even got round to being able to try and install the firmware update as I've not had the files copy onto the sd card yet.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #64
891CARLOS

CJGREEN, I've PMed you.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #65
CJGREEN

Quote:
CJGREEN, I've PMed you.
Thanks dude

Old 03-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #66
NZ330

My Ride: 330ci
Hi eonon, I posted in your other thread 3rd buy. Not sure if that one is old now. But I'm interested in the d5150 I want to buy two units so please put me on the list.

Thanks
NZ330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:34 AM   #67
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel158 View Post
Carlos (or anyone else that can answer my question) am I correct in assuming that the screen mirror function only shares your phone's screen and that you cannot control any of the fucntions from the head unit e.g. if you are web browsing or using satnav via your phone mirrored onto the headunit?
Hi Rebel158, yes, you are right, it only sync the screen of your phone to the head unit but you cannot control it. Thanks
Old 03-17-2014, 04:43 AM   #68
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
@gldnbbynuts, if you missed GM5150 group buy you might want to go with the D5150 group buy. I believe there are only a few couple people missing for link to go live! Only difference is screen mirroring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gldnbbynuts View Post
Did I seriously just miss this group buy by ONE DAY!? :FACEPALM:

Yes, gldnbbynuts, we are arranging group buy for D5150 now, do you have interesting or there is no problem, we can arrange another group buy for GM5150 if there are more than 10 people joined us. Thanks
Old 03-17-2014, 04:52 AM   #69
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJGREEN View Post
Ive tried various memory cards. Ive not even got the files onto amy card ive tried!! Never mind got to the point of putting it in the unit to update. Getting really annoyed with it now.

Quote:
1. Extract rar file and copy only the NWD_703 folder to the SD card
2. Turned key to position one and turned on head unit (make sure no sd card is in the GPS slot)
3. Insert SD card in the GPS slot and leave the unit on:
a)Turn key off, wait 10 seconds or 20,
b)turn key back to position one and turn unit back on, let it read the SD card.
4.It will load about four steps, then it should restart itself. Calibrate the touch screen per the instructions.
5. Remove the SD card and hit reset. If you will use same SD card for your GPS maps, make sure to delete NWD_703 folder or the update process will start every time.

You may want to check this http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/4...mware-upgrade/ skip to step #4 and you don't need to disconnect anything as stated in that step, just turn key to off wait 10-20 secs and turn key on and unit on.
Hi 891CARLOS, thank you so much for your great support! You are so helpful!
And CJGREEN, how does the update now? Please kindly PM me if it still can not work then. Thanks for your patience.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:46 AM   #70
CJGREEN

Its working fine now thanks to help from 891Carlos.

Although seem to have a glitch playing music from an SD card in the slot. It gets so far and then flicks off and goes back to radio?

Old 03-19-2014, 03:59 AM   #71
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJGREEN View Post
Its working fine now thanks to help from 891Carlos.

Although seem to have a glitch playing music from an SD card in the slot. It gets so far and then flicks off and goes back to radio?

Hi CJGREEN, for the issue you mentioned, please kindly confirm what is the format of the music file,since the head unit can only work with MP3. Meanwhile, please kindly change SD card or songs to have a try. Thank you
Old 03-19-2014, 04:50 AM   #72
mlukasz

My Ride: 330Ci
EononCarDVD I have PM'ed You
mlukasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:40 PM   #73
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlukasz View Post
EononCarDVD I have PM'ed You
Hi mlukasz, i will PM you back soon. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:13 AM   #74
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

And guys, here i have a question for you.

Many of our customers asked if we can provide a detailed installation manual and also if we have operation manual in other languages.
What do you think if we provide you VIDEOS of installation guide and ONLINE manuals in different languages, rather than the normal paper manual we used to do? It means we will not put operation manual in the package
Welcome to share with us your valuable opinions here. Itís always important for us to move ahead! Thanks a lot!
Old 03-28-2014, 05:01 AM   #75
mlukasz

I have question about video format from SD card. I tried to run mp4 and avi and I have only audio. There is a message that codec is wrong. What type of video format is supported?
Old 03-28-2014, 09:09 AM   #76
891CARLOS

Quote:
I have question about video format from SD card. I tried to run mp4 and avi and I have only audio. There is a message that codec is wrong. What type of video format is supported?
I had the same issue, I did some testing of my own with different formats and only a couple were playable, while most were not and that codec not supported appeared every time. What I did was I converted a couple videos to xvid and reduce the size to 720x480, that worked on every video I tried.

I contacted Eonon regarding this, they mention to reduce quality and size for MP4 to be payable. Since what I did worked, I didn't bother anymore.

Last edited by 891CARLOS; 03-28-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #77
mlukasz

Good to know 891Carlos. Do You know how to convert video from youtube so they can be playable by GM5150?
Old 03-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #78
891CARLOS

Quote:
Good to know 891Carlos. Do You know how to convert video from youtube so they can be playable by GM5150?
Any video converter will work. I use Freemake video converter, very easy to use. google it.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:55 AM   #79
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Quote:
I had the same issue, I did some testing of my own with different formats and only a couple were playable, while most were not and that codec not supported appeared every time. What I did was I converted a couple videos to xvid and reduce the size to 720x480, that worked on every video I tried.

I contacted Eonon regarding this, they mention to reduce quality and size for MP4 to be payable. Since what I did worked, I didn't bother anymore.
Hi mlukasz, what Carlos suggested is totally right, our unit can only support the standard definition mp4,avi, etc. But canít support high definition ones. Just try what Carlos told you, thanks a lot!

Carlos, many thanks for your help!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:54 AM   #80
rednerrus

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 Coupe
Hi, I will be purchasing this HU in the next week or so.
I have a couple of questions:
1. If I get the unit without maps included, it won't come with an sd card?
2. Can I still install iGO Primo if I don't get the maps and get my own sd card (if its not included)?
3. Has anyone here installed the unit themselves? is it really plug and play, and no rewiring necessary?
4. So if order it through the GB link, it will be shipped right away? Or do i need to wait til a certain number of people order the unit?

rant: I've read that the orange led color does not perfectly match the oem orange, whats up with this?! isnt this unit custom made for the e46?
rednerrus is offline   Reply With Quote