E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #21
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Well, all it takes it someone to start it, and most don't want to be the guinea pig. It will snowball after that. The court system is flawed because the USSC throws out almost all 2nd amendment cases, but that is the world we live in. If your slogan is going to be "from my cold dead hands" you better prepare to put your money where your mouth is. Furthermore, to challenge the law you need a lot of money, and the main part...you must still comply with the law as it stands today. Obviously it was meant to be a threat, since that is what gathers attention. They are hoping to hit the cops directly and really make them think twice, and possibly speak out on their behalf (that the law is unconstitutional) just like the Colorado sheriffs.
see above for why the second amendment will not start a full scale civil war.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:13 AM   #22
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
either way, there are nowhere near enough factors to start a civil war/uprising/revolution/etc.

What do you think the government is? Some huge faceless machine with metallic tentacles and laser eyes? The government is made up of the people. It would be civil war. It would be one side against another. More likely, here, it would be several different sides against each other. There is no unified "front" here to rally behind (look at the "occupy whatever" movements. If you think some sort of right side movement would be any different, you're delusional), and there's no charismatic "opposition leadership" to provide that front. There are no issues currently large enough and contentious enough to provide a large base of support so opposed to another base as to start violent opposition.

The second amendment will not spark civil war. At most, a few isolationists with no jobs or families to worry about will take themselves way too seriously and move into a "freedom compound" where they'll poop in buckets and eat preserved food for a little while, until they realize that rabbit starvation is setting in, and they'll come out. Maybe they'll try to go down in some kind of blaze of glory, but most likely they'll be hungry and weak.

The rest of the 3%ers will have to go to work on monday, so they won't be able to move into the freedom compound, they'll realize after a week or so it was a stupid idea, and they'll continue to hoard their unregistered firearms in their basement, shoot them out on a buddy's farm, and everything will go on as normal.
First of all, I never said that this WILL happen...I was simply discussing the content of the letter. I didn't write it nor am I part of their group.

Now in these left wing states (I can speak for NY, I don't know the CT gun laws) they know what you have, since they make you put it down on your FID card....so if you don't register your rifle, they can come to your house and demand it.

Take you for example...a cop shows up at your personal residence at 6pm, and tells you, Mr. Nova, you didn't register your firearm, please surrender it immediately and we are going to search your house for any other firearms....what are you personally going to do?
Old 02-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #23
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Care to elaborate? I don't understand the "technically" part.
No, it was poor wording on my part. My mistake.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #24
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
First of all, I never said that this WILL happen...I was simply discussing the content of the letter. I didn't write it nor am I part of their group.

Now in these left wing states (I can speak for NY, I don't know the CT gun laws) they know what you have, since they make you put it down on your FID card....so if you don't register your rifle, they can come to your house and demand it.

Take you for example...a cop shows up at your personal residence at 6pm, and tells you, Mr. Nova, you didn't register your firearm, please surrender it immediately and we are going to search your house for any other firearms....what are you personally going to do?
they'll need a warrant, for one.

But obviously, I'm going to lure them into my basement and kill them. What else would any rational gun owner do?

Last edited by NOVAbimmer; 02-18-2014 at 10:18 AM.
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #25
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
see above for why the second amendment will not start a full scale civil war.
Agreed. There is no link between political repression and civil war. Those are not my words, but those of Paul Collier and other political scientists who have studied civil war/conflict.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #26
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
they'll need a warrant, for one.

But obviously, I'm going to lure them into my basement and kill them. What else would any rational gun owner do?
Well, the problem arises when they demand your rifle, and you refuse and slam the door in their face...they are most likely not going to leave. Then if they break your door down? What if they do this without a warrant, will you still let them? Thats THEIR point (the 3% people.)
Old 02-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #27
badfast

Quote:
Well, the problem arises when they demand your rifle, and you refuse and slam the door in their face...they are most likely not going to leave. Then if they break your door down? What if they do this without a warrant, will you still let them? Thats THEIR point (the 3% people.)
Would you let them?
Old 02-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #28
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Would you let them?
Me personally, probably...I don't want to get killed (as Im sure it would be a 100% certainty) and leave my family behind. If I was certain that the threat of me killing them would make them abandon their warrantless entry, then I would have a standoff but sadly, that is not the way the events would actually transpire.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #29
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I have a lot to say about this stuff, but I really shouldn't and I won't, especially on a public forum. I will simply say that I think these movements may have some longevity in certain areas and the reaction by the government should be interesting. We've seen the Fed slowly, but more frequently, become the target of state laws to nullify the effects of federal laws, etc. and I'm not surprised that a number of citizens are standing up for a constitutional right.

I'll also say that while I don't think the conditions are particularly ripe for civil war, things aren't all wonderful either. Serious divisions have formed over the past 5 years between rich/poor, gay/straight, black/white, etc. This country is more divided than it's been in decades IMO. And the economy still sucks.

There are 300+ million legal firearms in circulation...who knows how many legal gun owners there are. When police start kicking in doors and shooting people over firearms on a more frequent basis because of these laws, I think you might see a wider response than predicted. History is replete with examples of citizens taking stands on a majority of issues, most of which are in defiance of the laws of the nation. Not since 1776 have we truly seen one that deeply involved the right to bear arms, but don't delude yourselves...it could happen again. Since 1934, the proliferation of new firearms regulations have slowly built up and irked a large subset of the population of the US and many are convinced they are the embodiment of the "infringement" protected against by the 2nd A.

As for Waco, well, that was a gigantic clusterfvck. The residents of that compound really destroyed their message by abusing kids. The government probably had no choice to respond, but the nature of the response has been subject of debate for well over a decade and it's not worth re-hashing. I think history would remember those in that compound much, much differently had they not abused the kids and really were just looking to not be bothered.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Last edited by david05111; 02-18-2014 at 11:06 AM.
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #30
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I'm curious as to JJ's thoughts...
Old 02-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #31
NFRs2000nyc

JJ why you disappear?
Old 02-19-2014, 08:13 PM   #32
NFRs2000nyc

Things like this are the reason police near to fear going into homes.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1619842
Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #33
badfast

Quote:
Things like this are the reason police near to fear going into homes.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1619842

Some people shouldn't be cops.

Which btw, JJ, what are you thoughts. Did you join a 3% movement yet? Maybe you can start your own Conk Republic!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:55 PM   #34
1`

My Ride: -
what is a 3 percenter
1` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:56 PM   #35
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1` View Post
what is a 3 percenter
Please refer to the OP.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:57 PM   #36
1`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
Please refer to the OP.
I don't want to visit those weird URLs. No saying what I'll find there.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:33 AM   #37
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
sounds like you're up sh!t creek without a paddle, then.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #38
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Seriously dude?

We're not posting up virus-laden links, etc. You don't want to click on it? Then tough sh1t

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #39
1`

Quote:
sounds like you're up sh!t creek without a paddle, then.
oh well
Old 02-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #40
1`

lol